Stanley Eguma back as Rivers United manager

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Stanley Eguma back as Rivers United manager

Post by Purity »

Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Stanley Eguma back as Rivers United manager

Post by 1naija »

This guy should coach Nigeria. He is the best local coach in Nigeria, bar none!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:04 pm This guy should coach Nigeria. He is the best local coach in Nigeria, bar none!
There are reports about his work habits that should immediately disqualify him, in my view. You should be asking those who are close to him and I am sure the NFF guys are also aware. Bros, even hiring him to coach the youth national team is not likely to happen.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

So you asked the people who are close to him about his work habits? Are those the same work habits that he has won the NPFL with multiple times, or different ones?
Enugu II wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:30 pm
1naija wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:04 pm This guy should coach Nigeria. He is the best local coach in Nigeria, bar none!
There are reports about his work habits that should immediately disqualify him, in my view. You should be asking those who are close to him and I am sure the NFF guys are also aware. Bros, even hiring him to coach the youth national team is not likely to happen.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:43 pm So you asked the people who are close to him about his work habits? Are those the same work habits that he has won the NPFL with multiple times, or different ones?
Enugu II wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:30 pm
Yes, it is exactly the same work habits. The question is do you live with it or consider it big? It is similar to questions around two coaches who are on current applicant list for the job and are successful but with blemishes.

Well, we shall see but there certainly are issues and the persistence of some of those issues may loom large.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics