Did Eze make a mistake ?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Did Eze make a mistake ?

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

We have a few innit boys who are committed to England but I don’t see any of them making the team anytime soon when I look at the squad released by Southgate today.

Ebere Eze - AM- Has a couple caps already. Will he make the Euro squad?
Madueke - RW/AM - Another potential CM for SE. E GO Wait taya.
Tomori -CD- Thought he’s now a regular for England. Nope. Not invited. Lost for good.
Chukwemeka-CM- If we only get him I’ll be stoked. Not on England radar.

My hope was that we could scoop up Chukwemeka and Folorunsho post Afcon but we’re not even organized enough to make a play. Italy is now after Folorunsho full force while we’re inviting players in Tanzania.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Did Eze make a mistake ?

Post by Dammy »

Did he went to school? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am happy
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Dammy wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:26 pm Did he went to school? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Eze DID go to school as confirmed by the classic primary school book. You? I'm not so sure! :taunt:

Wha choo looking at?!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Senegal just earned another youth prodigy who came through the youth system of France yet turned down an offer to play for them (a whole France o!), but Eze at 25 is now stuck in international wilderness because he was content playing for England's U21 at the prime of his early 20's...unfortunately for him, Southgate doesn't seem to rate him that much and there are a plethora of better players ahead of him right now.

These lads just don't learn, except you're a Bukayo Saka level of talent, never get too comfortable in an England's shirt cause they will use you to tie up your international football career and toss you out (Tammy is learning the hard way now). I guess the likes of Chukwuemeka, Ugochukwu etc have seen the light and are now spending more time in Nigeria as a subtle interest in representing the SE.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:37 pm Senegal just earned another youth prodigy who came through the youth system of France yet turned down an offer to play for them (a whole France o!), but Eze at 25 is now stuck in international wilderness because he was content playing for England's U21 at the prime of his early 20's...unfortunately for him, Southgate doesn't seem to rate him that much and there are a plethora of better players ahead of him right now.

These lads just don't learn, except you're a Bukayo Saka level of talent, never get too comfortable in an England's shirt cause they will use you to tie up your international football career and toss you out (Tammy is learning the hard way now). I guess the likes of Chukwuemeka, Ugochukwu etc have seen the light and are now spending more time in Nigeria as a subtle interest in representing the SE.
Ugochukwu decided to visi Grandma after all these yrs. :laugh:

If our gead head dey house we'd bag Uzo, Chukwuemeka and Folorunsho buy our collective head a Nigerians don travel go Pluto.
OCCUPY NFF!!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:37 pm Senegal just earned another youth prodigy who came through the youth system of France yet turned down an offer to play for them (a whole France o!), but Eze at 25 is now stuck in international wilderness because he was content playing for England's U21 at the prime of his early 20's...unfortunately for him, Southgate doesn't seem to rate him that much and there are a plethora of better players ahead of him right now.

Ugochuwkwu will play for Nigeria. I suspect he will switch after the olympics.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

whos really advising these young men, I suppose Eze is forever lost to the Three Lions?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ANC wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:03 am whos really advising these young men, I suppose Eze is forever lost to the Three Lions?
Man say e name na "Ebere" and you think sey e get sense? :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:17 am
ANC wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:03 am whos really advising these young men, I suppose Eze is forever lost to the Three Lions?
Man say e name na "Ebere" and you think sey e get sense? :lol:
Eze is 25yrs old. He's currently not on the England squad and unlikely to make Euro 24 squad.

The next WC is in 2 yrs when he'll be 27 yrs. That's likely is only chance to play at the WC.

If he'd chosen Nigeria there's a good chance that he'd have a Afcon silver and be getting ready for WC qualifies. However, he could be content with his 2 England caps.
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Everybody can't play for Nigeria either.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

1naija wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:32 am Everybody can't play for Nigeria either.
True. But when you have the opportunity to play be a No 10 for Nigeria you should really make sure you don't turn it down for a pope dream.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

So he cannot switch anymore?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

And how do you know he would have played no.10 for Nigeria? Is he better than Iwobi?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:46 am
1naija wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:32 am Everybody can't play for Nigeria either.
True. But when you have the opportunity to play be a No 10 for Nigeria you should really make sure you don't turn it down for a pope dream.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

1naija wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:39 am And how do you know he would have played no.10 for Nigeria? Is he better than Iwobi?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:46 am
He’s a true 10. Iwobi’s best attribute is his hard\ work on the pitch. Eze is a better playmaker imho.
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ANC wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:11 am So he cannot switch anymore?
He is forever aligned like the continuous weeping Nedum Onuoha. He is a King's man! to be exact, his majesty, the King's secret servant. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:26 am
He is forever aligned like the continuous weeping Nedum Onuoha. He is a King's man! to be exact, his majesty, the King's secret servant. :lol:
But you carry the king’s pali to enter Italy abi? Try am with your greenback nau. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

Eze thinks he's still 19.
E go do am vaam for eye.
Anyways, Per the new FIFA rule, he still has the chance now to switch since he only played one competitive game for England.

One thing I will advise the NFF to do is to never go for him again, let him come for us this time.
I still remember Amaju chasing after him like a rooster chasing after a hen few years ago.

Look at Tammy Abraham today, gone and forgotten. Tomori also, forgotten completely.
On the other hand, look at Ademola lookman, Iwobi, Basset etc, they have inked their names on the pages of international football for good.

The likes of Eze, Tosin, Olise, Chukwuemeka etc should use their tongue to count their teeth. They are not Saka and can never be valued well enough to play for the English national team.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Real Madrid's Diaz to represent Morocco

Real Madrid winger Brahim Diaz was on Wednesday named in Morocco's squad after deciding to represent the North African team rather than Spain.

Diaz was included in Walid Regragui's 24-man roster for the matches against Angola and Mauritania this month, the Moroccan Football Federation said in a statement.

The 24-year-old represented Spain in one game and scored against Lithuania in 2021.

FIFA rules say players can switch international allegiance as long as they have made fewer than three appearances for a country before the age of 21 and have not played for that nation for at least three years.

Former AC Milan winger Diaz has produced fine displays with Real Madrid far this season, scoring eight goals in 32 games in all competitions.

https://www.reuters.com/sports/soccer/r ... 024-03-13/
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

naijaguy wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:35 pm Eze thinks he's still 19.
E go do am vaam for eye.
Anyways, Per the new FIFA rule, he still has the chance now to switch since he only played one competitive game for England.

One thing I will advise the NFF to do is to never go for him again, let him come for us this time.
I still remember Amaju chasing after him like a rooster chasing after a hen few years ago.

Look at Tammy Abraham today, gone and forgotten. Tomori also, forgotten completely.
On the other hand, look at Ademola lookman, Iwobi, Basset etc, they have inked their names on the pages of international football for good.

The likes of Eze, Tosin, Olise, Chukwuemeka etc should use their tongue to count their teeth. They are not Saka and can never be valued well enough to play for the English national team.
Its too late for Eze.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

iworo wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:06 pm Real Madrid's Diaz to represent Morocco

Real Madrid winger Brahim Diaz was on Wednesday named in Morocco's squad after deciding to represent the North African team rather than Spain.

Diaz was included in Walid Regragui's 24-man roster for the matches against Angola and Mauritania this month, the Moroccan Football Federation said in a statement.

I think Eze only has 1 England cap too.

The 24-year-old represented Spain in one game and scored against Lithuania in 2021.

FIFA rules say players can switch international allegiance as long as they have made fewer than three appearances for a country before the age of 21 and have not played for that nation for at least three years.

Former AC Milan winger Diaz has produced fine displays with Real Madrid far this season, scoring eight goals in 32 games in all competitions.

https://www.reuters.com/sports/soccer/r ... 024-03-13/
OCCUPY NFF!!
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

bret- hart wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:19 pm
E go do am vaam for eye.

Its too late for Eze.
True. He made the competitive debut after he turned 21.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

naijaguy wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:30 pm
bret- hart wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:19 pm
E go do am vaam for eye.

Its too late for Eze.
True. He made the competitive debut after he turned 21.
Gbeseee! It’ll be a damn shame if he never gets another England call. He’ll be the new Onuoha.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:26 am

Good luck to him. I hope he makes the World Cup team!