Did Eze make a mistake ?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

azuka
Egg
Egg
Re: Did Eze make a mistake ?

Post by azuka »

pindal123 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:11 pm
naijaguy wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:35 pm Eze, Per the new FIFA rule, he still has the chance now to switch since he only played one competitive game for England.
According ti FIFA rules a player can change nationality if he played no more than three competitive matches at senior level prior turning 21.
Eze was over 21 when he was capped for England, so he doesn’t have anymore the chance to switch.
Am i right or is there anything I don’t know?
I think your interpretation is wrong. The question is: how many matches competitive or not did he play for England before he turned 21? ZERO. Talkless of "no more than three competitive matches" .
As he was capped at over 21 he can still play for Nigeria.
My understanding of the rule.
sholaJay
Egg
Egg

Post by sholaJay »

azuka wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:15 pm
naijaguy wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:35 pm Eze, Per the new FIFA rule, he still has the chance now to switch since he only played one competitive game for England.
According ti FIFA rules a player can change nationality if he played no more than three competitive matches at senior level prior turning 21.
Eze was over 21 when he was capped for England, so he doesn’t have anymore the chance to switch.
I think your interpretation is wrong. The question is: how many matches competitive or not did he play for England before he turned 21? ZERO. Talkless of "no more than three competitive matches" .

I agree with you Azuka.

1)He hasn’t played up to 3 competitive matches for England
2) The matches he has featured in took place after his 21st birthday.

If Nigeria want Eze, it is still possible to get him. It just means he can’t feature for the SE till 3 years since his last competitive game for England (May 2023), which would be just a month before the next WC kicks off. To some that may be an issue in it self.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

sholaJay wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:27 pm

I agree with you Azuka.

If Nigeria want Eze, it is still possible to get him. It just means he can’t feature for the SE till 3 years since his last competitive game for England (May 2023), which would be just a month before the next WC kicks off. To some that may be an issue in it self.
Sholajay,

Each time I read these rules, I note that they are crumbling but doing so with snail speed. Mschew!!! I just hope one of these guys, impacted by this, can challenge these ridiculous rules in court. They make no sense at all!! If dual citizenship exists, there is no reason for football and sport to have these rules that only cater to maintaining record books but ignore human needs.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:14 pm
sholaJay wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:27 pm

I agree with you Azuka.

Sholajay,

Each time I read these rules, I note that they are crumbling but doing so with snail speed. Mschew!!! I just hope one of these guys, impacted by this, can challenge these ridiculous rules in court. They make no sense at all!! If dual citizenship exists, there is no reason for football and sport to have these rules that only cater to maintaining record books but ignore human needs.
He clearly chose England, you can’t force him to do what he didn’nt want to do.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Even the ones who are natural born citizens, but are black ... see how their fans hate them.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

azuka wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:15 pm I think your interpretation is wrong. The question is: how many matches competitive or not did he play for England before he turned 21? ZERO. Talkless of "no more than three competitive matches" .
I think my interpretation is correct.

If a player is capped in a competitive match after turning 21, he can't anymore change nationality.

This rule was created on purpose for players who played for a country at young age with few caps, and whish to change along their career.

Since Eze was over 21 when he played for England, he can't anymore playfor Nigeria.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Why is Eze on Eagles nest?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

mods please move this thread to world- forum . Eze Plays for the English national team
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:51 pm mods please move this thread to world- forum . Eze Plays for the English national team
He could have played for Super Eagles, that’s why he is on the eagles nest.