Iwobi is GOOD

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Iwobi is GOOD

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:35 am
danfo driver wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:04 am
Chai. This guy is class. We need him.
Just look at how he pings those long range passes with pin-point accuracy; his clean tackles, his close ball control.

Remember how you used to laugh at his ambition?
You see yasef? :rotf:

Let’s just pray England continue to ignore him because as I dey see am, he’s right up there.
Let them keep their McGuire abeg.
Its foolish to leave him out of Euros 2024. He is actually better than some of their CDs. He is on a free in the summer. Last summer Monaco and Spurs wanted him. This summer should be an auction, although Fulham and trying to renew.

To think we could have one of the best CD partnerships playing for us!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:53 am
Just look at how he pings those long range passes with pin-point accuracy; his clean tackles, his close ball control.

Let’s just pray England continue to ignore him because as I dey see am, he’s right up there.
Its foolish to leave him out of Euros 2024. He is actually better than some of their CDs. He is on a free in the summer. Last summer Monaco and Spurs wanted him. This summer should be an auction, although Fulham and trying to renew.

I think the problem for us, ironically, is his self-belief.
He knows he is good and is not giving up on his England ambitions.
I see it as him having us as his fall-back option.
Maybe he’s giving it another two years before he makes his mind up.

I admire his resolve, but sometimes that resolve can be misplaced.
He is not to know that, as it seems he is hyperfocussed on one goal: England.

But we too, we need to keep pushing for him.
It ain’t over ‘till it’s over. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Damunk wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:26 am
danfo driver wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:53 am

I think the problem for us, ironically, is his self-belief.
He knows he is good and is not giving up on his England ambitions.
I see it as him having us as his fall-back option.
Maybe he’s giving it another two years before he makes his mind up.

I admire his resolve, but sometimes that resolve can be misplaced.
He is not to know that, as it seems he is hyperfocussed on one goal: England.

But we too, we need to keep pushing for him.
It ain’t over ‘till it’s over. :idea:
I admire his resolve, he seems to be one of those quiet decisive types. I’m sure the likes of Iwobi would have been tapping him up just like that Danish midfielder of Nigerian origin at Bournemouth admitted. However, what I don’t like is Adarabioyo’s constant use of Nigeria to get England’s attention. If you want to play for England, fine, but don’t use us!
He invited the NFF Technical Director, Eguavoen, to come and watch him in the EPL last season and most fans thought he had made up his mind, only for him to still hold on to England. He made it public that he had gotten a Nigerian passport, yet still tarries when asked about playing for us.
I specifically put a call through to my contact in the NFF to seek clarification about Tosin. My contact got in touch with Eguavoen, who said that Tosin is not interested in playing for us and is only using us as a bait for England.
I think we should just leave him alone, if and when he’s ready, he should reach out to us.
I am happy
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:34 pm We need a proper sitdown with Adarabioyo.
Very good player, with still a lot of room for development.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Make una see life. Life no equal. Whilst we are pleading with someone who is not interested, someone else is full of Joy.

I couldn’t sleep after first Eagles call up – Tanimu

New Super Eagles invitee, Benjamin Tanimu, who features for Tanzanian side Ihefu, talks about how he felt when he got the invitation for Nigeria’s friendly matches against Ghana and Mali, his time in the NPFL with Bendel Insurance and many more in this interview with ABIODUN ADEWALE

Congratulations on your invitation to the Super Eagles for the upcoming friendlies against Ghana and Mali. What were you doing when you got the invitation and what was your first reaction?

I was in my hotel room, camping ahead of a league game when I got the news, and I was like wow! I couldn’t contain my excitement and then congratulatory messages started popping on my phone. I was just pacing in the room with excitement as I replied to the messages. The feeling was special.

Since that day, have you been able to sleep normally and go through your daily activities without having to think too much about it?

That particular day I couldn’t sleep until 1am, but since then I haven’t been thinking too much about it because I have league games to attend to and things must be taken one at a time.

Just about a year ago, you were in the U-23 team as well. How was the experience?

You were singled out for your brilliant performance for the U-23 team, any regrets not qualifying for the African tournament leading to the Olympics?

It’s a big regret, I must tell you. Everyone wants to play at the Olympics as it’s a lifetime opportunity, especially for footballers. If you are older than 23, you stand no chance again because the over-aged players that would be invited to join the team are usually from the senior national team. So, I wasn’t happy that we couldn’t make it.

At the U-23 camp, you displayed pictures you took with some Super Eagles players who were training in Abuja as well then. How excited are you, knowing that you will be sharing a dressing room with them soon?

Honestly, I didn’t think my invitation to the Super Eagles was going to be this soon. When I met the likes of (Victor) Osimhen, (Alex) Iwobi and others in Abuja last year, I was just wishing I would be in the national team like them one day. I didn’t imagine we would be training together this soon. It was cool being around those great guys. That feeling makes me feel more excited and at the same time it keeps me cool and focused on my game.

Looking back at your journey, what are the situations that prepared you for breakthroughs like this in order to fulfil your dream of playing for Nigeria?

Looking back, I will say it again that it’s a dream come true for me to have come this far and it’s just the start. I’ve always wanted to become a footballer and watching the national team on TV as a child till now has always been a motivation. There is a little bit of luck in life but as an individual who is seeking opportunities, I have trained hard and tried to improve with every game when given the opportunity. Starting from the street of Ogbe in Benin City, it wasn’t easy, but all the same, hard work pays. Having good people around you also matters a lot and I thank my family for the mentoring and encouragement. Above all, I’m grateful to God for granting me this big opportunity.

In September last year, you were rumoured to have joined a fourth-tier Spanish club Lleida Esportiu. How were you linked with them in the first place?

I was surprised when I saw the news too. I wasn’t even interested in leaving the NPFL to play in the fourth division. When the Tanzania offer came, it was well calculated and I left as I should, not like the other one that I was rumoured to have dumped Insurance, a club that made me.

You recently moved from Bendel Insurance to Ihefu Sports Club in Tanzania. How do you think your time in the NPFL contributed to the dream of making it into the Super Eagles?

Playing in the NPFL is no joke as it is highly tasking and requires you to be on top of your mental game at all times. At Bendel Insurance, our first season in the NPFL after gaining promotion definitely brought a lot of attention to many of us and being consistent playing in the league opened the way. We set an unbeaten record of 21 games in the league and everyone had their eyes on us. The league is without a doubt one of the best in Africa and I thank the NPFL board and the NFF for improving the league and giving me the opportunity for the world to see what NPFL players are made of.

You have also been very key to your new club. Do you think your call up is as a result of moving abroad?

No. Six games in Tanzania aren’t enough to earn me a national team call up. The technical department must have been watching me from the NPFL and also the time I was in the U-23 — it all started from the NPFL.

There are seven other defenders in the squad for the friendlies. What are you looking forward to?

Those are seven great guys and seven experienced tanks to draw from. I’m going to learn new things about playing from these guys and also try to improve my game, then leave the rest to the coaches.

How do you see your chances of getting some minutes in the friendlies?

They are friendly matches and the coaches know what they want to get from the matches, so, if called up for some minutes, it’s my duty to give them my best as well. And yes, I know I must put in the work in training to justify my inclusion. Beyond these matches, it is my desire to return with the squad for upcoming matches and I know that means I must be consistent in training and when I get back to my club.

When you get to camp, who is the first person you are going to video call?

Not really one person but my family then Bendel Insurance keeper Amas Obasogie, and Osarenkhoe Imade.

How was your growing up like?

My dad is from Kaduna my mum is from Jos. I was born and brought up in Benin City. As a result, I understand Hausa even if I don’t speak it fluently, and I also understand the Edo dialect.

So far so good, what are the achievements you are proud of in your career?

Getting to where I am is a big achievement for a young player like me, bringing Bendel Insurance from relegation to surprising other big clubs in the NPFL and winning the Federation Cup after about 43 years for the club is also a big achievement. Also, playing in the CAF Confederation Cup is among them. Now, I am moving from being an U-23 player into the senior national team, and in no time, I will have more achievements to point to for Nigeria; that’s my prayer.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:55 pm Make una see life. Life no equal. Whilst we are pleading with someone who is not interested, someone else is full of Joy.

I couldn’t sleep after first Eagles call up – Tanimu

New Super Eagles invitee, Benjamin Tanimu, who features for Tanzanian side Ihefu, talks about how he felt when he got the invitation for Nigeria’s friendly matches against Ghana and Mali, his time in the NPFL with Bendel Insurance and many more in this interview with ABIODUN ADEWALE

Congratulations on your invitation to the Super Eagles for the upcoming friendlies against Ghana and Mali. What were you doing when you got the invitation and what was your first reaction?

I was in my hotel room, camping ahead of a league game when I got the news, and I was like wow! I couldn’t contain my excitement and then congratulatory messages started popping on my phone. I was just pacing in the room with excitement as I replied to the messages. The feeling was special.

Since that day, have you been able to sleep normally and go through your daily activities without having to think too much about it?

That particular day I couldn’t sleep until 1am, but since then I haven’t been thinking too much about it because I have league games to attend to and things must be taken one at a time.

Just about a year ago, you were in the U-23 team as well. How was the experience?

You were singled out for your brilliant performance for the U-23 team, any regrets not qualifying for the African tournament leading to the Olympics?

It’s a big regret, I must tell you. Everyone wants to play at the Olympics as it’s a lifetime opportunity, especially for footballers. If you are older than 23, you stand no chance again because the over-aged players that would be invited to join the team are usually from the senior national team. So, I wasn’t happy that we couldn’t make it.

At the U-23 camp, you displayed pictures you took with some Super Eagles players who were training in Abuja as well then. How excited are you, knowing that you will be sharing a dressing room with them soon?

Honestly, I didn’t think my invitation to the Super Eagles was going to be this soon. When I met the likes of (Victor) Osimhen, (Alex) Iwobi and others in Abuja last year, I was just wishing I would be in the national team like them one day. I didn’t imagine we would be training together this soon. It was cool being around those great guys. That feeling makes me feel more excited and at the same time it keeps me cool and focused on my game.

Looking back at your journey, what are the situations that prepared you for breakthroughs like this in order to fulfil your dream of playing for Nigeria?

Looking back, I will say it again that it’s a dream come true for me to have come this far and it’s just the start. I’ve always wanted to become a footballer and watching the national team on TV as a child till now has always been a motivation. There is a little bit of luck in life but as an individual who is seeking opportunities, I have trained hard and tried to improve with every game when given the opportunity. Starting from the street of Ogbe in Benin City, it wasn’t easy, but all the same, hard work pays. Having good people around you also matters a lot and I thank my family for the mentoring and encouragement. Above all, I’m grateful to God for granting me this big opportunity.

In September last year, you were rumoured to have joined a fourth-tier Spanish club Lleida Esportiu. How were you linked with them in the first place?

I was surprised when I saw the news too. I wasn’t even interested in leaving the NPFL to play in the fourth division. When the Tanzania offer came, it was well calculated and I left as I should, not like the other one that I was rumoured to have dumped Insurance, a club that made me.

You recently moved from Bendel Insurance to Ihefu Sports Club in Tanzania. How do you think your time in the NPFL contributed to the dream of making it into the Super Eagles?

Playing in the NPFL is no joke as it is highly tasking and requires you to be on top of your mental game at all times. At Bendel Insurance, our first season in the NPFL after gaining promotion definitely brought a lot of attention to many of us and being consistent playing in the league opened the way. We set an unbeaten record of 21 games in the league and everyone had their eyes on us. The league is without a doubt one of the best in Africa and I thank the NPFL board and the NFF for improving the league and giving me the opportunity for the world to see what NPFL players are made of.

You have also been very key to your new club. Do you think your call up is as a result of moving abroad?

No. Six games in Tanzania aren’t enough to earn me a national team call up. The technical department must have been watching me from the NPFL and also the time I was in the U-23 — it all started from the NPFL.

There are seven other defenders in the squad for the friendlies. What are you looking forward to?

Those are seven great guys and seven experienced tanks to draw from. I’m going to learn new things about playing from these guys and also try to improve my game, then leave the rest to the coaches.

How do you see your chances of getting some minutes in the friendlies?

They are friendly matches and the coaches know what they want to get from the matches, so, if called up for some minutes, it’s my duty to give them my best as well. And yes, I know I must put in the work in training to justify my inclusion. Beyond these matches, it is my desire to return with the squad for upcoming matches and I know that means I must be consistent in training and when I get back to my club.

When you get to camp, who is the first person you are going to video call?

Not really one person but my family then Bendel Insurance keeper Amas Obasogie, and Osarenkhoe Imade.

How was your growing up like?

My dad is from Kaduna my mum is from Jos. I was born and brought up in Benin City. As a result, I understand Hausa even if I don’t speak it fluently, and I also understand the Edo dialect.

So far so good, what are the achievements you are proud of in your career?

Getting to where I am is a big achievement for a young player like me, bringing Bendel Insurance from relegation to surprising other big clubs in the NPFL and winning the Federation Cup after about 43 years for the club is also a big achievement. Also, playing in the CAF Confederation Cup is among them. Now, I am moving from being an U-23 player into the senior national team, and in no time, I will have more achievements to point to for Nigeria; that’s my prayer.
:thumbs:
I am happy
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Dammy wrote:I spoke with my contact at the NFF, who had a chat with Eguavoen about Adarabioyo, and Egu confirmed that Tosin is not interested in playing for Nigeria. He further said that he’s only using Nigeria to garner interest from England.
Anyone of these boys interested in playing for us should reach out, we should stop chasing after them
A reminder for all those harping on about Tosin.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

If Adarabioyo does not want Nigeria, he can Fock off. Dude is like 27. In 2 years he will be 29. I dont want an old CB that is only using Nigeria as back up. Dude has played with 6 different Nigerian internationals so what is his problem? England does not even want him. We have never had problems producing top class CBs so why chase England reject?? The Flying Eagles used to be a factory for Center backs until Bo$$o the clown took over.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

This is how English fans feel about these innit boys but the likes of Tosin and Eze want to kill themselves for 1 Measley cap.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.