Reliance on foreigners has stunted growth of African coaches –Nsien

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

gochino
Egg
Egg
Reliance on foreigners has stunted growth of African coaches –Nsien

Post by gochino »

We have too many top attacking players to sit back and take pressure. Get the players to be galvanised and feel valued by the federation and within the team, and win.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.co ... ien/%3famp
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Reliance on foreigners has stunted growth of African coaches –Nsien

Post by ohenhen1 »

Not just coaches. Everything in Nigeria is under threat from the Japa and WOWO movement.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

African countries prioritise foreign coaches ahead of their local counterparts. How far do you think this has affected the game positively or negatively on the continent?

African countries prefer foreign and older coaches. Most of these foreign coaches are at the end of their careers and looking to collect a few last cheques. You can tell that some of these coaches are not there to make a difference. They are not connected to the country. Once the time runs out and the same results exist they move on. This has stunted the growth of our own coaches who find it hard to find jobs outside.

https://punchng.com/reliance-on-foreign ... hes-nsien/

Dude taking shots at Piss-Error and ****. I like this coach. :D
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

bret- hart wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:17 pm African countries prioritise foreign coaches ahead of their local counterparts. How far do you think this has affected the game positively or negatively on the continent?

African countries prefer foreign and older coaches. Most of these foreign coaches are at the end of their careers and looking to collect a few last cheques. You can tell that some of these coaches are not there to make a difference. They are not connected to the country. Once the time runs out and the same results exist they move on. This has stunted the growth of our own coaches who find it hard to find jobs outside.

:lol: :lol: :lol: spelled it out and I love it! Dude is too honest, soon they will demonize him like they did Oliseh.

As you saw earlier today, a CE member already straught up lied against him to tarnish his image. Watch out! CE members and Nigerians will start a smear campaign against him.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Nsien would be a great choice but he needs to watch what he’s saying so the Nff doesn’t eliminate him from contention. If I were him I’d just pretend to be a FC to get the job. Nff already said they want a FC and he’d actually be more likely to get it unless he talks himself out of it.

His pitch should be that he’s American, coach of the most successful youth national team in the US. That he has a UEFA pro license and a US soccer pro certification. That he’s also Nigerian by birth but he hasn’t been there for so long that he doesn’t even know anybody there anymore. He loves the EPL and has trained under Eddie Howe,Jose Maurinho and Wenger are his fav all time coaches. That he’s currently an Arsenal fan but used to support Chelsea and Man U.

Loves jollof rice, Okocha and Kanu. :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

It hasn't stunted Otto Addo.

Neither did it stunt Rabah Sadaane years ago...

Nsien would be a good option for our youth team which should be a good the perfect pathway for any unproven or young Nigerian coach, just like Siasia or even Keshi.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:14 pm It hasn't stunted Otto Addo.

Nsien would be a good option for our youth team which should be a good the perfect pathway for any unproven or young Nigerian coach, just like Siasia or even Keshi.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Why would he leave the US youth system to be dragging salary with the likes of LieDown bozzo? :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:23 pm

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Why would he leave the US youth system to be dragging salary with the likes of LieDown bozzo? :lol: :lol:

While I respect his commitment to his profession he's unproven...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

txj wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:25 pm

So was Pep. So was Zidane.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

bushboy wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:31 pm

So was Pep. So was Zidane.

Which is why both started in the youth teams of the clubs that they were an integral part of.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I am not arguing that and as you must have seen, I listed my choices for the SE and he wasnt top 3.

I was just interested in understanding why you think anyone will leave the US Youth job and take up the Nigerian youth job to be in the same company as people like Ladan Bosso. Would be interesting to understand why you think thats possible.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

bret- hart wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:17 pm African countries prioritise foreign coaches ahead of their local counterparts. How far do you think this has affected the game positively or negatively on the continent?

His statement is essentially truthful and has been so for more than half a century. For over 50 years, there is SHOCKINGLY still the talk "we need to hire an European coach so that our people can learn from him." Read the recent statement to the media that was made by an NFF Board member who did not want to be named. His interview has been carried by multiple local media media with the "learning Bullsh$$$t"
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:25 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: spelled it out and I love it! Dude is too honest, soon they will demonize him like they did Oliseh.

As you saw earlier today, a CE member already straught up lied against him to tarnish his image. Watch out! CE members and Nigerians will start a smear campaign against him.
Many will prefer Thomas Saintfiet to him.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

gochino wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:59 pm We have too many top attacking players to sit back and take pressure. Get the players to be galvanised and feel valued by the federation and within the team, and win.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.co ... ien/%3famp
I'D DEFINITELY CONSIDER HIM AS HEAD OR ASSISTANT COACH

He's got a good background of playing and coaching and has been around advanced environment, good for elevating Nigeria's. He's also played for Nigeria so he knows the country and its pecuiarities and he has the "connection to the country" that he correctly criticized foreign dependence about. I like his age too. I'd bring him as head coach or an assitant under Amunike, Finidi, Siasia, et al with the unspoken understanding that it could be his someday.
Bell
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Wowo number one. I've never seen someone who loves oyibo like you. Haba
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Looks like Concecaio is there top choice. They say he has only lost 2 matches in 24 games with Cameroon. But didn't tell you he has never been successful anywhere and he is a journey man coach that even Cameroon let go.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Is our primary objective to win or to grow African coaches?

While some of you may say both are not mutually exclusive, Mr Nsien’s comments implies they are. Growing local coaches implies they’re not where they need to be.

I would argue that we likely have some coaches comparable to those we’d find abroad, but if you think our coaches are currently inferior, I would gladly take success on the field over any coach development goals
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

aruako1 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:40 pm

God forbid, let no man put Nsiens name by any loser coach that will run away from his responsibilities once kitchen gets a little warm and then blame witches for his misfortunes. Abeg we cover Nsien with the blood of Jesus, my towns men do NOT behave in such a way…God forbid! Tufiakwa! I support him 100% for the SE job!

I cast and bind this type of behavior from Nsien

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/oli ... craft/amp/
As the zero hour approaches for the must win double header AFCON qualifier against the Pharaohs of Egypt on March 23, Sports Vanguard can reveal the real reasons why coach Sunday Oliseh may continue to tinker the Eagles from his base in Belgium.

After contracting a virus in one of his official assignments, camp sources informed that the former Juventus player has alleged occultic manipulations by his enemies on his life and has vowed to flee far from the country to where they could not fly to attack him.

“He is always scared in camp and suspicious of even members of his back room staff”, a close source to the team informed.

The source said that the outspoken coach allegedly confronted his staff and warned them that there were many witches and wizards who were trying to undermine the success of the Eagles.

“He warned those fond of putting their hands in their pockets before shaking him to desist or keep their handshakes as he feared they touch objects concealed in their pockets before offering to shake him”, the source said.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

deanotito wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:52 pm Is our primary objective to win or to grow African coaches?

While some of you may say both are not mutually exclusive, Mr Nsien’s comments implies they are. Growing local coaches implies they’re not where they need to be.

I would argue that we likely have some coaches comparable to those we’d find abroad, but if you think our coaches are currently inferior, I would gladly take success on the field over any coach development goals
CONSIDER THE OPTIONS

Do you prefer short-term gains, assuming only a foreign coach gives you that (which is not true), or sustainable long-term success which you get by hiring indigenes now and let them grow?
Bell
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:31 pm

God forbid, let no man put Nsiens name by any loser coach that will run away from his responsibilities once kitchen gets a little warm and then blame witches for his misfortunes. Abeg we cover Nsien with the blood of Jesus, my towns men do NOT behave in such a way…God forbid! Tufiakwa! I support him 100% for the SE job!

As the zero hour approaches for the must win double header AFCON qualifier against the Pharaohs of Egypt on March 23, Sports Vanguard can reveal the real reasons why coach Sunday Oliseh may continue to tinker the Eagles from his base in Belgium.

After contracting a virus in one of his official assignments, camp sources informed that the former Juventus player has alleged occultic manipulations by his enemies on his life and has vowed to flee far from the country to where they could not fly to attack him.

“He is always scared in camp and suspicious of even members of his back room staff”, a close source to the team informed.

The source said that the outspoken coach allegedly confronted his staff and warned them that there were many witches and wizards who were trying to undermine the success of the Eagles.

“He warned those fond of putting their hands in their pockets before shaking him to desist or keep their handshakes as he feared they touch objects concealed in their pockets before offering to shake him”, the source said.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I hope this Vanguard story is not true sha. What's the use of spending many years abroad but you still believe in Jazz?
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Schillachi wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:31 am
maceo4 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:31 pm

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I hope this Vanguard story is not true sha. What's the use of spending many years abroad but you still believe in Jazz?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Let’s just not associate Nsien with Oliseh abeg, so those witches won’t turn their sights onto him :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Bell wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:09 am
deanotito wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:52 pm Is our primary objective to win or to grow African coaches?

CONSIDER THE OPTIONS

Do you prefer short-term gains, assuming only a foreign coach gives you that (which is not true), or sustainable long-term success which you get by hiring indigenes now and let them grow?
Bell
While I agree with you that what you call “short-term gains” is not the exclusive preserve of foreign coaches, on the other hand, I totally disagree with you that “long-term success” is only the preserve of local coaches.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:01 pm Nsien would be a great choice but he needs to watch what he’s saying so the Nff doesn’t eliminate him from contention. If I were him I’d just pretend to be a FC to get the job. Nff already said they want a FC and he’d actually be more likely to get it unless he talks himself out of it.

His pitch should be that he’s American, coach of the most successful youth national team in the US. That he has a UEFA pro license and a US soccer pro certification. That he’s also Nigerian by birth but he hasn’t been there for so long that he doesn’t even know anybody there anymore. He loves the EPL and has trained under Eddie Howe,Jose Maurinho and Wenger are his fav all time coaches. That he’s currently an Arsenal fan but used to support Chelsea and Man U.

Loves jollof rice, Okocha and Kanu. :thumbs:
If you compromise yourself from the beginning then you don compromise yourself permanently be dat.
It’s better he says what he feels now, so they know where he stands. Take it or leave it.
He won’t get them to change if he gets in saying only the nice things they want to hear.

He doesn’t ‘need’ the job because he’s already on an upward career trajectory, unlike many if not most of his stagnant competitors. He can afford to say it exactly as it is.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "