Camp News for March Friendlies

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Camp News for March Friendlies

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nigeria still don't get it. Friendlies was designed to build depth and to test individual skill sets of players. It is not for building chemistry or testing tactics. Expect South Africa to send scouts. So why would you want to show your tactics in a friendly. IF I had my way. Most of the players that went to Afcon would not be invited. I would invite new players. I would not have any tactical game plan. Will just work on set pieces and passing. And then allow the players to show their individual qualities.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:10 pm Nigeria still don't get it. Friendlies was designed to build depth and to test individual skill sets of players. It is not for building chemistry or testing tactics. Expect South Africa to send scouts. So why would you want to show your tactics in a friendly. IF I had my way. Most of the players that went to Afcon would not be invited. I would invite new players. I would not have any tactical game plan. Will just work on set pieces and passing. And then allow the players to show their individual qualities.
So there’s only one use for friendlies? Like seriously have you really thought this through? What about friendlies right before a tournament, are they also used only to test new players? Like what are you saying? I guess teams should use all new players in those friendlies then when the tournament starts they will now bring the set of starters together for the first time to now prosecute the tournament and start building chemistry at the tournament proper…like come on man…I guess all the Brazils and England and top teams playing friendlies this window are doing so with all brand new players…since after all that’s what Friendlies are for and they clearly ‘get it’…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:15 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:10 pm Nigeria still don't get it. Friendlies was designed to build depth and to test individual skill sets of players. It is not for building chemistry or testing tactics. Expect South Africa to send scouts. So why would you want to show your tactics in a friendly. IF I had my way. Most of the players that went to Afcon would not be invited. I would invite new players. I would not have any tactical game plan. Will just work on set pieces and passing. And then allow the players to show their individual qualities.
So there’s only one use for friendlies? Like seriously have you really thought this through? What about friendlies right before a tournament, are they also used only to test new players? Like what are you saying? I guess teams should use all new players in those friendlies then when the tournament starts they will now bring the set of starters together for the first time to now prosecute the tournament and start building chemistry at the tournament proper…like come on man…I guess all the Brazils and England and top teams playing friendlies this window are doing so with all brand new players…since after all that’s what Friendlies are for and they clearly ‘get it’…
Ohenhen is the most confused former in the history of CE. He can take 5 different positions on the same topic in the same thread.
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

So says a confused man named highbury to a person name 1naija.
highbury wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:03 pm
1naija wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:53 pm Gaddem! No light skin person in Nigeria? :taunt: :taunt:
maceo4 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:08 pm Finidi leads the team in these friendlies

10 of the boys already in camp
Slave :taunt:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

This is not correct for this particular friendlies. These games are supposed to prepare the players for the upcoming World cup qualifiers. Besides, you don't play Ghana to test players. They are our archrivals.
Anytime we play them, it's never a friendly.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Guy, you still never hear say that man is here for comic relief?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:08 pm Finidi leads the team in these friendlies

Abeg who’s the fifth guy -the one that appears after Moses Simon?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Findi is the head coach of Nigeria and he should have been allowed to call up replacements for injured players. I don't recognize him as the interim coach. He his the head coach.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Nah wah for you oh.. Don't you see who you are responding to? :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
kendo
Egg
Egg

Post by kendo »

AGAIN?? He seems quite unfortunate with injuries.

Anyone that can fry 3 sets of plantain without putting any in their mouth can keep a secret.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nigeria probable first and 2nd team.

Nwabili
Osayi, Ajayi, Bassey, Collins
Iwobi, Ndidi, Yusuf, Lookman
Umar, Iheanacho

Uzoho
Taminu(sp), Omeruo, Awziem, Onyemachi
Tella, Onyedika, Onyeka, Moses
Dessers, ??

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

They should call up a replacement for Osimhen.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:09 pm They should call up a replacement for Osimhen.
There are 3 strikers called up beyond Osimhen -- Iheanacho, Sadiq, and Dessers. There are just 2 games. Yea, you can call up an additional striker if the sole intent is to offer minutes. If not, there is enough to play the games and have the strikers on the field for a longer period. I state this particularly in reference to Sadiq. I believe Sadiq has much to show with increased minutes. His hunger in front of goal and his 110 is right up there.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:19 pm
Ohenhen is the most confused former in the history of CE. He can take 5 different positions on the same topic in the same thread.
He’s been pretty consistent on this particular topic albeit cluelessly🤔🙂❗️

Cheers.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:08 pm

This guy
Super Eagus 4 Life!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:11 am

This guy
What position does he play? He’s listed as a winger for SE but I believe he’s a CM for his club. Can he play 1o for SE ?
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:24 am
maceo4 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:11 am

This guy
What position does he play? He’s listed as a winger for SE but I believe he’s a CM for his club. Can he play 1o for SE ?
He was used in CM in his last game for SE…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

kendo wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:57 pm AGAIN?? He seems quite unfortunate with injuries.

Wow. This is sad. Too many injuries in his short career. May the Lord heal him and perfect everything that concerns him.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Soar E eagles Twitter reporting 15 players in camp as of yesterday. 6 more expected. It is going to be light training before the game on Friday.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Everyone is in camp except for Bright Osayi…poster said he missed Omeruo on his list but Uncle K is in camp as well…

Super Eagus 4 Life!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:37 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:09 pm They should call up a replacement for Osimhen.
There are 3 strikers called up beyond Osimhen -- Iheanacho, Sadiq, and Dessers. There are just 2 games. Yea, you can call up an additional striker if the sole intent is to offer minutes. If not, there is enough to play the games and have the strikers on the field for a longer period. I state this particularly in reference to Sadiq. I believe Sadiq has much to show with increased minutes. His hunger in front of goal and his 110 is right up there.
Why limit yourself to 3 strikers? This is like companies like Dangote lobbying the govt to close the borders so that they can exploit Nigeria, charging high prices for cement and etc. The more competition you have the better.

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:49 pm Everyone is in camp except for Bright Osayi…poster said he missed Omeruo on his list but Uncle K is in camp as well…

He missed Uzoho too.
Or is he no longer ‘recognised’? :tic: