Finidi's 532

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Finidi's 532

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Or was it? He had more defensive players on the pitch and absolutely freed up Iwobi. The MF was super solid today. I don't know it it's Ndidi's return or the formation but jeez, it worked well. Very well.

I expect the attack to get better when Aina returns to play RB. Also, it seems like finidi doesn't trust his wingers much.

When Vic, Boniface and Aina returns we'll be damn near unbeatable. The result was good but the best result was that we're back to being able to control the game again. We'll done king George.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Finidi's 532

Post by ohenhen1 »

It is a flexible formation. When they attack it will change to 352. It is one game. Can't make conclusions like he doesn't trust his wingers. Might not even use 532 formation in the next game.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:52 pm Or was it? He had more defensive players on the pitch and absolutely freed up Iwobi. The MF was super solid today. I don't know it it's Ndidi's return or the formation but jeez, it worked well. Very well.

I expect the attack to get better when Aina returns to play RB. Also, it seems like finidi doesn't trust his wingers much.

When Vic, Boniface and Aina returns we'll be damn near unbeatable. The result was good but the best result was that we're back to being able to control the game again. We'll done king George.
It was more about how he aligned the personnel in the 3-5-2.
He had 3-2-3*-1-1 with the outside players in the 3* dropping back to give a 5 back set.
Having both Ndidi and Onyeka freed up Iwobi who was just loving life.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:13 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:52 pm Or was it? He had more defensive players on the pitch and absolutely freed up Iwobi. The MF was super solid today. I don't know it it's Ndidi's return or the formation but jeez, it worked well. Very well.

It was more about how he aligned the personnel in the 3-5-2.
He had 3-2-3*-1-1 with the outside players in the 3* dropping back to give a 5 back set.
Having both Ndidi and Onyeka freed up Iwobi who was just loving life.

A little overstated re Alex.

You do realize Iwobi's played as part of a 2 CM set at Everton and sometimes at Fulham...

The playing conditions, as in not playing in an 88% humidity had quite a lot to do with it; plus an opponent not interested in pressing...

I expect the AFCON here to be of much higher quality...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Babadee
Egg
Egg

Post by Babadee »

i think it was a 3-4-2-1

or 3-4- 3 or 3-5-2 either way you look at it in attack
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Not so sure about that part. In the 2nd half, the bredas cut through it like knife through butter at times. No way Nwabali should be the busier goalie especially playing against 10 men.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I think it was 1-2-3-4, or maybe 2-4-5-6 formation.

Geesh!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

greg wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:41 pm

Not so sure about that part. In the 2nd half, the bredas cut through it like knife through butter at times. No way Nwabali should be the busier goalie especially playing against 10 men.
I was wondering if we weren't playing against 10 men for a large part of the second half, and they nearly pulled a draw if not for Nwabili.
I guess I wasn't just as impressed as a lot here.
On to Mali.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Hmm you are here? Enjoying the performance .. loving it all!??? If you had your way, we’d still be playing carpenter football under **** or Peseiro. But you are here.. liking what you saw
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I just watched the 2nd goal again. That has got to be the best I have seen Nigeria pass the ball in over 2 years. That was not na me score am that we usually see. I hope that continues. Joga Bonito goal almost.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

shaq wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:58 pm
greg wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:41 pm

I was wondering if we weren't playing against 10 men for a large part of the second half, and they nearly pulled a draw if not for Nwabili.
I guess I wasn't just as impressed as a lot here.
On to Mali.
It is a friendly. The team was not even in 2nd gear without Boniface, Osimhen, Awoniyi, Aina, Ekong and etc. I wonder what many WOWO will say if it was a journey man coach in charge.

The reality is it is a friendly. Nigeria didn't take it seriously. Their goal was just to work on passing the ball from the back and keep a defensive shape.