NFF should keep Finidi on a permanent basis

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
NFF should keep Finidi on a permanent basis

Post by Tobi17 »

Ok relax before you come for me for getting excited over a mere friendly, firstly it's NEVER a friendly when Ghana is involved so let's establish that. Finidi is already a part of the coaching system...but the core fundamentals for me isn't so much about the result, but the major improvements in the team from tactical sense, I think weve glean from Finidi's style of football that he wants us to attack by passing the ball intricately between the channels as well as maintaining our defensive shape well...finally a coach that understands the ABSOLUTE IMPORTANCE of a 3 man midfield. We saw how the midfield and return of Ndidi brought out the best in Iwobi.

There are some few major tweaks needed to fix the team especially in the loose ball situations, BUT fundamentally I think Finidi has passed the first eye test in his debut stint. NFF had better give Finidi all the support he needs and allow him pick his own backroom staffs. We don't need another foreign oyinbo journeyman "genius" to come and destroy our football anymore.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NFF should keep Finidi on a permanent basis

Post by aruako1 »

It's too early in my view. And we let Ghana dominate even after going a man down
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Calm down. Findi is already the coach not interim. Don't care what the NFF think.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

aruako1 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:58 pm It's too early in my view. And we let Ghana dominate even after going a man down
Calm down, it is a friendly. Ghana wanted to win the game more than Nigeria. That is why they tried a lot of things in the 2nd half. Nigeria was not even in 2nd gear. Trying to avoid injuries. The next game is going to be tougher. Mali is better than Ghana.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:01 pm
aruako1 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:58 pm It's too early in my view. And we let Ghana dominate even after going a man down
Calm down, it is a friendly. Ghana wanted to win the game more than Nigeria. That is why they tried a lot of things in the 2nd half. Nigeria was not even in 2nd gear. Trying to avoid injuries. The next game is going to be tougher. Mali is better than Ghana.
I don't like this kind of talk. That was the excuses people made when we got flogged by Portugal. People were saying that our players were trying to avoid injuries and were thinking about the break but the likes of Bruno Fernandes & Goncalo Ramos were playing their hearts out. So was it the players or Peseiro's fault that we got beat?
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

You should reserve your "calm down" advice for the original poster. I like Finidi - he won the league for my beloved Enyimba.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

packerland wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:09 pm
I don't like this kind of talk. That was the excuses people made when we got flogged by Portugal. People were saying that our players were trying to avoid injuries and were thinking about the break but the likes of Bruno Fernandes & Goncalo Ramos were playing their hearts out. So was it the players or Peseiro's fault that we got beat?
Nigerians are an interesting bunch my brother, in a game we clearly had the better of the goal scoring chances even before they down to 10 men we will still nitpick on irrelevant faults...we are who we are.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:53 pm Ok relax before you come for me for getting excited over a mere friendly, firstly it's NEVER a friendly when Ghana is involved so let's establish that. Finidi is already a part of the coaching system...but the core fundamentals for me isn't so much about the result, but the major improvements in the team from tactical sense, I think weve glean from Finidi's style of football that he wants us to attack by passing the ball intricately between the channels as well as maintaining our defensive shape well...finally a coach that understands the ABSOLUTE IMPORTANCE of a 3 man midfield. We saw how the midfield and return of Ndidi brought out the best in Iwobi.

There are some few major tweaks needed to fix the team especially in the loose ball situations, BUT fundamentally I think Finidi has passed the first eye test in his debut stint. NFF had better give Finidi all the support he needs and allow him pick his own backroom staffs. We don't need another foreign oyinbo journeyman "genius" to come and destroy our football anymore.
ANYONE WANTS TO RAISE THE MOTION?

I'll second it.
Bell
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Thank you.

And his subs and timing were not good in my opinion.

But I genuinely want him to be the coach but I also want him to be tightly monitored. There are a couple of things that worry me.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:15 pm
packerland wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:09 pm
Nigerians are an interesting bunch my brother, in a game we clearly had the better of the goal scoring chances even before they down to 10 men we will still nitpick on irrelevant faults...we are who we are.
Show me a fan forum in the world where they do not "nitpick on irrelevant faults" (even the Man City, Real Madrid and Argentina forums). We are a fan forum and we will look at a game as we see it. Being dominated by a 10 man team for a significant part of a half is not irrelevant. There might be good reasons why that happened (eg personnel changes, team taking the foot off the gas as a deliberate strategy etc) but it is worthy of discussion. We didn't curse out the coach or accuse him of losing to a kebab seller.
Babadee
Egg
Egg

Post by Babadee »

Just wait till Finidi loses his first game. Trust ur naija ppl . This coach is not tactical enough or na PE teacher lol.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Babadee wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:57 am Just wait till Finidi loses his first game. Trust ur naija ppl . This coach is not tactical enough or na PE teacher lol.
Tat is a given.... But let me ask you? Do you think that if Nigeria hires Pep Guardiola that such nitpicking would suddenly stop? I ham just asking.

Bros, we have resident CEs who believe they are far more knowledgeable than certified managers. Those guys will question Guardiola and will wonder, using hindsight of course, why he did not do this or that. Thus, to question Finidi will be much simpler and will occur. Bet on it!!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:04 am
Babadee wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:57 am Just wait till Finidi loses his first game. Trust ur naija ppl . This coach is not tactical enough or na PE teacher lol.
Tat is a given.... But let me ask you? Do you think that if Nigeria hires Pep Guardiola that such nitpicking would suddenly stop? I ham just asking.

Bros, we have resident CEs who believe they are far more knowledgeable than certified managers. Those guys will question Guardiola and will wonder, using hindsight of course, why he did not do this or that. Thus, to question Finidi will be much simpler and will occur. Bet on it!!
Like you say, it’s a given.
My worry is that we might hound him out of the job if he goes through a transition period during which we are not winning, or winning but not ‘convincingly’ and/or not winning ‘in style’.

We’ e seen all three scenarios in recent times and we’ve all witnessed what happened.

It has occurred over and over again and is why our history shows a repeated cycle of local coach > foreign coach > local coach > foreign etc ad infinitum.

And the arguments are always the same.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:51 am
Enugu II wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:04 am

Like you say, it’s a given.
My worry is that we might hound him out of the job if he goes through a transition period during which we are not winning, or winning but not ‘convincingly’ and/or not winning ‘in style’.

We’ e seen all three scenarios in recent times and we’ve all witnessed what happened.

It has occurred over and over again and is why our history shows a repeated cycle of local coach > foreign coach > local coach > foreign etc ad infinitum.

And the arguments are always the same.
True word.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics