OMERUO on Tianimu..........

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: OMERUO on Tianimu..........

Post by Lolly »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:22 pm
Lolly wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:47 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:10 pm
Lolly wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:00 pm
aruako1 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:54 am
Lolly wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:38 am
fabio wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:53 am The same people shouting Ndah, are the same people who called his call up corruption and marketing.
Maybe we are just pointing out the template that these coaches use to sneak in a particular player.

The Ndah selection was queried here. Bameyi’s selection was queried here. Tanimu’s selection was queried here. I can’t remember if Divine Nwachukwu’s selection was queried or not.

For me, the selection raised eyebrows. But starting him was the bigger issue. Are we short of central defenders? What was the point in starting him? Just to prove that local based players won’t look out of place? We have 2 friendly games. Give him some minute here and there, and then gradually introduce him in the other matches if his performance deserves he gets further invites.
So we have moved from, "he should not have been called up" to "he should not have started" being the main issue. We are making progress.
I queried his selection and rightly so, but I have since said the bigger sin is starting him.
Even when the established options were carrying knocks and he did well deputizing for them?

The funny thing is if he wasn’t played you will complain about what a waste of a spot and what was the point in bringing him that they knew he wasn’t good enough to play but selected him to help increase his profile and sell him. There’s just no way to win with you guys once you’ve accepted a certain narrative is true…
Which established player was carrying knocks? Did you not see Bassey on the bench?

I would have been happy to see him play for 20-30 minutes.

We have World Cup qualifiers in just over 3 months. No time for kalo kalo.
You can see their training here and Bassey is nowhere to be found, and Finidi mentioned Omeruo had a slight knock in training but should be back for the next game. Stop assuming everything is wuruwuru….

Ok. So you want us to assume that Bassey was injured too hence why Finidi invited Tanimu and started him? Fair enough.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Lolly wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:44 pm
Lolly wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:38 am

Maybe we are just pointing out the template that these coaches use to sneak in a particular player.

The Ndah selection was queried here. Bameyi’s selection was queried here. Tanimu’s selection was queried here. I can’t remember if Divine Nwachukwu’s selection was queried or not.

For me, the selection raised eyebrows. But starting him was the bigger issue. Are we short of central defenders? What was the point in starting him? Just to prove that local based players won’t look out of place? We have 2 friendly games. Give him some minute here and there, and then gradually introduce him in the other matches if his performance deserves he gets further invites.
So we have moved from, "he should not have been called up" to "he should not have started" being the main issue. We are making progress.
I queried his selection and rightly so, but I have since said the bigger sin is starting him.
Even when the established options were carrying knocks and he did well deputizing for them?

The funny thing is if he wasn’t played you will complain about what a waste of a spot and what was the point in bringing him that they knew he wasn’t good enough to play but selected him to help increase his profile and sell him. There’s just no way to win with you guys once you’ve accepted a certain narrative is true…
Which established player was carrying knocks? Did you not see Bassey on the bench?

You can see their training here and Bassey is nowhere to be found, and Finidi mentioned Omeruo had a slight knock in training but should be back for the next game. Stop assuming everything is wuruwuru….

Ok. So you want us to assume that Bassey was injured too hence why Finidi invited Tanimu and started him? Fair enough.
I can back my assumptions with video evidence, you are just making yours based on preconceived notions and clear bias…it never crossed your mind that the starters might not be able to go? Or even after Finidi answered the question explaining that he started due to injury but the starter should be back for the next game? He still couldn’t get benefit of the doubt? And then the small tiny detail that the player actually acquitted himself in the game showing that he deserved his spot…it’s all good sha…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:58 pm

Mace,

The belief is DEEP and ENTRENCHED. Even logic and evidence may not dislodge it.

I can back my assumptions with video evidence, you are just making yours based on preconceived notions and clear bias…it never crossed your mind that the starters might not be able to go? Or even after Finidi answered the question explaining that he started due to injury but the starter should be back for the next game? He still couldn’t get benefit of the doubt? And then the small tiny detail that the player actually acquitted himself in the game showing that he deserved his spot…it’s all good sha…
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

:lol: Too much shalaye

Finidi said Omeruo had a knock, he didn’t mention Bassey. Meanwhile, Ajayi is the one that normally plays on the right hand of the 3-man central defence, the position that Tanimu played.

But we can assume Bassey was injured too. No wahala.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:55 pm

Finidi said Omeruo had a knock, he didn’t mention Bassey. Meanwhile, Ajayi is the one that normally plays on the right hand of the 3-man central defence, the position that Tanimu played.

Lolly,

Apparently, you have not been following camp news. CE has actually reported camp news. Bassey did not train with the team prior to the actual game because he was quoted as suffering a knock or something of that nature. This was prior to the game. ,,,, But for me none of those matter, really. This was an internationally friendly. If a Manager decided to play this lad ahead of those players, I will not bat an eyelid.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:01 pm

Lolly,

Apparently, you have not been following camp news. CE has actually reported camp news. Bassey did not train with the team prior to the actual game because he was quoted as suffering a knock or something of that nature. This was prior to the game. ,,,, But for me none of those matter, really. This was an internationally friendly. If a Manager decided to play this lad ahead of those players, I will not bat an eyelid.
Mission accomplished. Finito!

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

He was asked about Omeruo specifically because that’s who was available and he answered…why would he mention Bassey?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:01 pm

He was asked about Omeruo specifically because that’s who was available and he answered…why would he mention Bassey?
Ok. So Tanimu started because the other established central defenders were not fully fit. Makes more sense.

So Ajayi was moved to the left to fill in for the injured Bassey, and Awaziem was moved into the middle to fill in for the injured Omeruo. Hence Taminu came on on the left. :thumbs:
Last edited by Lolly on Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Lolly wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:41 pm

Ok. So Tanimu started because the other established central defenders were not fully fit. Make more sense.
Hmmm on rethink, Finidi was just trying to market him hehe 😝
Super Eagus 4 Life!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:50 pm

Ok. So Tanimu started because the other established central defenders were not fully fit. Make more sense.

When you are corrupt, you think others are the same way, Holly is really special.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:56 am
aruako1 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:53 am What was his performance during the game? Did he do well?
He did well as a debutant but no starter on the team has anything to fear. He is not starting for Nigeria based on what he did at this game.
PLayers like him wouldnt bench any CD now but in another 2 years after proper brooding, and constant invite to the SE (so far he's playing constant club football), he would pick up the starting shirt.

We need 1 or 2 of such players in the SE. So far they have "something".
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:50 pm

You really believe in that theory, right? :lol:

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

chief nfachairman wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:03 pm
aruako1 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:53 am What was his performance during the game? Did he do well?
He did well as a debutant but no starter on the team has anything to fear. He is not starting for Nigeria based on what he did at this game.
PLayers like him wouldnt bench any CD now but in another 2 years after proper brooding, and constant invite to the SE (so far he's playing constant club football), he would pick up the starting shirt.

Unless he moves to a more competitive league, he wouldn’t be anywhere near the SE in 2 years time. There is nothing special there and there are other players in the pipeline like Ogbu and Benjamin who I suspect would eclipse him in 2 years time. My predictions but I could be wrong.

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Lolly wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:35 pm
chief nfachairman wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:03 pm

Unless he moves to a more competitive league, he wouldn’t be anywhere near the SE in 2 years time. There is nothing special there and there are other players in the pipeline like Ogbu and Benjamin who I suspect would eclipse him in 2 years time. My predictions but I could be wrong.
You were persistently wrong for 8 years on a single issue, what's changed?