GIFT ORBAN:

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Igugu
Egg
Egg
GIFT ORBAN:

Post by Igugu »

Please can someone tell me what the trouble is with Gift Orban and Kelechi Nwakali being invited to these friendlies? Especialy Orban. There is the case of Amoo as well. The World Cup is around the corner, not to talk of the forthcoming AFCON; and many other contests. NFF must wake up.

Also, there are these other youngsters in the EPL being mentioned here. We can do with their services and rejuvenate our Supper Eagle Squad.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: GIFT ORBAN:

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Thank you my broda.

. I've been waiting for Nwakali to be called up and integrated into the SE for so long that it sounds like a broken record. Due respect to Ndidi and Onyeka but they can't shoot or make defense splitting passes to save their lifes.

As for Orban, the boy's head no dey house yet. He needs to mature as a pro mentally before he's called back to SE or he'll scatter the team. He's similar to Emmanuel Denis .

The youngsters in the Epl don't want to play for us except for those fighting relegation. We can get any Nigerian at Luton but the ones at Chelsea and Adarabioyo the Ijebu beast wants no part of SE.

Ugochukwu, Madueke and Chukwuemeka would rather wait for England. We also have koleosho at Burnley but it seems the Italians will get him. The good news is that we have secured Tiaminu who's a burgeoning young talent who plays in Tanzania. They say he's 22yrs old.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Thanks for the update, man.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Nwakali's own is really suprising, he even confirmed on his instagram page that he had a one on one meeting with Peseiro just before Afcon.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

gochino wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:05 am Nwakali's own is really suprising, he even confirmed on his instagram page that he had a one on one meeting with Peseiro just before Afcon.
Good for him but only he knows what was discussed.
Sometimes it could be a simple case of encouragement, but not yet an invitation.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Igugu wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:59 am Please can someone tell me what the trouble is with Gift Orban and Kelechi Nwakali being invited to these friendlies? Especialy Orban. There is the case of Amoo as well. The World Cup is around the corner, not to talk of the forthcoming AFCON; and many other contests. NFF must wake up.

Also, there are these other youngsters in the EPL being mentioned here. We can do with their services and rejuvenate our Supper Eagle Squad.
We have so many players in the pipeline but we need to build and improve the team we have. Hence, we should focus on the weak areas. And yes, it’s okay to have a look at the odd potential in other areas too.

Orban is still adjusting to life at new club Lyon, so it’s understandable if he is given time. He is still young.

Nwakali needs to be invited again and given one or two additional matches to prove himself. Time is running out for him.

I am not sure abut the other foreign based players. At this stage, we should just focus on those that publicly declare their desire to play for the SE.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Igugu wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:59 am Please can someone tell me what the trouble is with Gift Orban and Kelechi Nwakali being invited to these friendlies? Especialy Orban. There is the case of Amoo as well. The World Cup is around the corner, not to talk of the forthcoming AFCON; and many other contests. NFF must wake up.

I’d say there are two things: current team weaknesses and depth chart.

Of immediate concern would be the areas of weakness and the difference in quality between some areas of the team and others. It’s all about raising the bar in every department, slowly but surely.

We all know that certain players are playing at a level in their clubs that makes them used to and therefore require a certain level of service. That’s why we should use the World Cup as our benchmark for SE quality and not AFCON. They’re regularly playing with and against many of the world’s very best, so it makes sense.

The depth chart is about the future in a sense - the Orbans, Fredericks, Dagas, Okonkwos etc. Any one of them that really excels always has the possibility of leapfrogging those ahead of him. Then the older ones like Adebayo, Onuachu, Akpom etc might get a call up when those ahead of them are unavailable, or lose form. It should be up to them to make their case.

What I am against is not having a process which is both logical and transparent for ALL Super Eagles invitations. We can’t just be inviting every ‘good’ player at the expense of another player who is still performing, is available and has been part of the system.

Exceptional form or talent, then of course yes.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Don't think Orban has done anything at Lyon to deserve a call up.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

imehjunior wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:14 pm Don't think Orban has done anything at Lyon to deserve a call up.
True, but we need to cap that boy before he represents Togo out of anger and then blows up again. We have room to play an unproven guy in Tanzania but we can't play Orban. It's not a must guys like Omerou has to be invited to every friendly match. We should let his veteran body rest a little bit.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Again what has Nwakali done/or is doing at club level currently to deserve a call up?
What did Nwakali do in previous call ups to the SE to deserve a new invitation?
Who would Nwakali displace in the current line up?
Ndidi? No!
Onyeka? No!
Onyedika? No!
Iwobi…You need to have your head examined if you think yes.

Can we please drop the Nwakali hype for crying out loud! If he were that good he wouldn’t be where he is now!
Peter Obi For President 2023