OKOCHA Backs Pitso Mosimane for SE Manager position......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
OKOCHA Backs Pitso Mosimane for SE Manager position......

Post by Enugu II »

Award-winning coach backed by Austin Okocha for Super Eagles job is ready for national team challenge
https://soccernet.ng/2024/03/award-winn ... lenge.html

There are calls for the Nigeria Football Federation to hire an indigenous tactician, but a few foreigners remain interested in coaching the three-time African champions

Award-winning South African coach Pitso Mosimane is inclined towards managing a national team as he is currently not in discussions with any Premier Soccer League clubs, Soccernet.ng reports.

Moira Tlhagale, Mosimane’s representative and managing director of MT Sports, affirmed this stance, according to the Sunday World.

Mosimane is presently fulfilling a short-term four-month contract with Saudi Pro League outfit Abha FC, with the mandate to help the club avoid relegation for the team by season’s end.
However, Tlhagale has asserted that the former Mamelodi Sundowns manager is not in talks with any South African clubs and would prioritise working with a national team when he leaves Saudi Arabia.

“Locally, no, we are not in talks with any club. I will tell you definitely the next move that the coach and his entire technical team would like to do. It is a national team project,” Tlhagale revealed.

Mosimane’s interest
This statement takes more significance considering that Mosimane’s name had previously surfaced in connection with handling the Nigeria national team.

Before the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations, where Nigeria finished as runners-up, the former Al Ahly manager expressed his desire to help the Super Eagles qualify for the 2026 World Cup at the expense of South Africa.

“To be honest, I would like to coach in the World Cup,” Mosimane said. “I do not choose what comes; I would like to go to the World Cup. South Africa wants to qualify, and Nigeria wants to qualify.

“If you have (Samuel) Chukuweze and the boy (Victor Osimhen) playing for Napoli as your striker, I mean really. That Nigerian team is unbelievable.

“I saw the draw against Lesotho and Zimbabwe. Okay, it’s football, it happens. But how can politics between the government and the federation derail the team?

“Of course, I want South Africa to win because I am South African. But in reality, I think Nigeria has the team, man.

“I really would like to go to the World Cup, but it must be a good team that can compete.”

Mosimane has Okocha’s backing
While many Nigerians have been clamouring for the Nigeria Football Federation to hire one of the indigenous coaches jostling for the job, former Super Eagles captain Austin Jay-Jay Okocha was one of the few who voiced his support for Mosimane.

Expressing enthusiasm at the prospect of the esteemed coach guiding the Super Eagles, Nigeria football icon Okocha said:

“Of course, he is someone that can coach the Nigeria national team. I think Pitso, without any doubt, is one of the best African coaches.

“His track record is there for everyone to see, and if we can get a coach like that, he will add -value to our football.”

Mosimane’s track record
Mosimane enjoyed a decent career that saw him play for Orlando Pirates and Mamelodi Sundowns, win the second-division title in Greece, and earn four caps for South Africa’s national team.

After retiring, he took to coaching and quickly won titles with Supersport United before stepping into the big time with Mamelodi Sundowns.

During his memorable eight-year spell with The Brazilians, Mosimane lifted the Premier Soccer League five times, the CAF Champions League in 2016, and the CAF Super Cup the following year.

The 59-year-old tactician joined Egyptian giants Al Ahly in 2020 and led them to two Champions League titles.

He also won the Saudi First Division League with Al-Ahli last year to seal his legacy as one of the longest-serving and most decorated coaches in all of South African football
Last edited by Enugu II on Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
gochino
Egg
Egg
Re: OKOCHA Backs Pitso MOsimane for SE Manager position......

Post by gochino »

A South African coach the eagles?Not possible!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The statements read like an answer to specific question about Pitso and not nessarily backing him over anyone. It's no different than Pitso's statement praising Osimhen and Chukwueze's qualities.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

gochino wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:37 pm A South African coach the eagles?Not possible!
I just googled Pitso Mosimane to look up what he looks like.
Hell will freeze over before Pitso Mosimane is made the Head Coach of SE.
However you are dead wrong. RSA coach can be the Head Coach of SE.
RSA, unlike many West African countries, is a racially diverse country.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Bobo no apply
Didnt they say bobo is currently making arab money?
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Isn't Okocha aware that his colleague - Finidi is at the helm? Why the disrespect na? I guess it's true this SE' 94 are the worst set ever. They hate each other. Shouldn't jay jay be garnering support for Finidi? Na South Africa him mind dey go.
I assume it's all a misunderstanding
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

highbury wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:22 pm Isn't Okocha aware that his colleague - Finidi is at the helm? Why the disrespect na? I guess it's true this SE' 94 are the worst set ever. They hate each other. Shouldn't jay jay be garnering support for Finidi? Na South Africa him mind dey go.
I assume it's all a misunderstanding
Chief, why you no call am ‘slave’?
Abi slave get levels? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

ANC wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:03 pm
gochino wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:37 pm A South African coach the eagles?Not possible!

Hell will freeze over before Pitso Mosimane is made the Head Coach of SE
What do you mean? Is he too ugly to coach the SE?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Kabalega wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:38 am
ANC wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:03 pm

Hell will freeze over before Pitso Mosimane is made the Head Coach of SE
What do you mean? Is he too ugly to coach the SE?
I will forward that question jette.
Meanwhile, you should try reading what I wrote slowly.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: OKOCHA Backs Pitso Mosimane for SE Manager position......

Post by ohenhen1 »

I like Finidi George. But wouldn't mind Pitso either.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:50 am I like Finidi George. But wouldn't mind Pitso either.
Foreign coach does not include African countries? Including ones that hate Nigerians more than Europeans do?
Babadee
Egg
Egg

Post by Babadee »

greg wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:18 am
ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:50 am I like Finidi George. But wouldn't mind Pitso either.
Foreign coach does not include African countries? Including ones that hate Nigerians more than Europeans do?
Also don’t mind a Ghanaian or Cameroonian coach as well.

You guys are funny

Let Pitso go and coach bafana to win Afcon

I will take Finidi or Amuneke over Pitso anytime. National team football is about national pride. It’s bad enough that we go for European coaches due to tactically inept local coaches.

Abeg no SA coach should be coaching super eagles
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

A good coach is a good coach. No more failed journey man coaches.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Babadee wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:27 am

You guys are funny

I will take Finidi or Amuneke over Pitso anytime. National team football is about national pride. It’s bad enough that we go for European coaches due to tactically inept local coaches.

Babadee,

What is exactly wrong with someone from South Africa, Ghana, or Cameroon coaching Nigeria? Would you want some from Europe coaching Nigeria? What is the difference?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Babadee
Egg
Egg

Post by Babadee »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:02 pm

You guys are funny

Babadee,

What is exactly wrong with someone from South Africa, Ghana, or Cameroon coaching Nigeria? Would you want some from Europe coaching Nigeria? What is the difference?
Those countries will never let a Nigerian coach them and also as continental rivals and as a top African country . Local club side like Enyimba or Sporting maybe but Super eagles hell no.

You will never see a Morrocoan or Algerian coach Egypt and vice Versa.

Or a Brazilian coach Argentina and vice versa.

Or Portuguese coach Spain and vice versa

European teams we only meet in WC and none are our rivals. We don’t play them in any qualifiers, nations cup etc.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Babadee wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:33 pm

You guys are funny

Babadee,

Those countries will never let a Nigerian coach them and also as continental rivals and as a top African country . Local club side like Enyimba or Sporting maybe but Super eagles hell no.

European teams we only meet in WC and none are our rivals. We don’t play them in any qualifiers, nations cup etc.
Egypt would take Pitso in a heart beat. Capello, an Italian, coached England. The examples you have given are of close neighbours. Nigeria is not a close neighbour to South Africa. Even then, Martinez, a Spaniard, is the current coach of Portugal.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Organizations that engage in discrimination usually fail. The question the likes of Gregs should be asking is will the coach do a good job. Not if he is South African or black or homo sapien or half cast or Yoruba or Hausa or Igbo man or a white man.

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:09 pm Organizations that engage in discrimination usually fail. The question the likes of Gregs should be asking is will the coach do a good job. Not if he is South African or black or homo sapien or half cast or Yoruba or Hausa or Igbo man or a white man.
People still use this word in 2024?
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

packerland wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:17 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:09 pm Organizations that engage in discrimination usually fail. The question the likes of Gregs should be asking is will the coach do a good job. Not if he is South African or black or homo sapien or half cast or Yoruba or Hausa or Igbo man or a white man.
Yes they do. In America they have another name for it.
I think they call it red bone or something like that.

I forgot to add. Is he Catholic or Protestant or is he Shia or Suni?

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:20 pm
packerland wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:17 pm
Yes they do. In America they have another name for it.
I think they call it red bone or something like that.

I forgot to add. Is he Catholic or Protestant or is he Shia or Suni?
Which one be red bone? Kai, see insult upon insult.
Babadee
Egg
Egg

Post by Babadee »

aruako1 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:04 pm
Babadee wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:33 pm

You guys are funny

Babadee,

Egypt would take Pitso in a heart beat. Capello, an Italian, coached England. The examples you have given are of close neighbours. Nigeria is not a close neighbour to South Africa. Even then, Martinez, a Spaniard, is the current coach of Portugal.
Did Egypt not just change coach to a former player? Hosan Hassan and his brother. If SA didn’t take Pitso in a heartbeat why should others ?
Capello u mention England and Italy are not rivals. England rivals are Germany

What is the basis of Pitso? Champions league? A Nigerian coach with Enyimba won champions league back to back did they hire him? Super Eagles coach should be either Nigerian or non African my own opinion.

I prefer Finidi right now maybe he can give some local lads a chance and get that raw talent like Jay jay etc. because they don’t exist in Europe.