Preferred Line up Against Mali

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Preferred Line up Against Mali

Post by 1naija »

These are not typical friendlies. We have a crucial (almost must win) World cup qualifier in June. These particular friendlies are the only matches the main team will play before the qualifier. It makes no sense to waste it on checking out players that has already been seen many times.
Enugu II wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:57 pm
Goalgetter wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:16 pm
1naija wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:53 pm Why does Uzoho need to play? To see what he can offer?

Enugu II wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:14 am
ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:31 am Rotate the players

-----------------------------------------Uzoho-------------------------------------------------------------'

------Osayi------------------Awaziem---------------Ajayi---------------------Onyemachi----------

---------------------Yusuf-------------------Iwobi--------------------Ndidi------------------------

---------Lookman------------------Sadiq-------------------------------Moses
I agree, Uzoho needs to play in this game. So also does Sadiq.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Not sure Finidi would like to mess up his record with that decision..lol. Zero chance he takes that risk bcos if he does and loses, his chance of landing the job permanently would be gone with the winds.
Goalgetter,

You have a point about Finidi not messing his record given that he is auditioning for a job.

However, we must begin to see these friendlies for what they are -- they are not competitive games. If SE must always play starters, then that begins to support the idea of not inviting all 23 or 25 players from FB players if just a few of them shall be played. I would then go with idea of inviting just 15 from FB and make up the rest with HB players or players from age-grade teams preparing for competition. That will be as better use of these camps.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Tella, Dele-Bashiru, Onyedika, Yusuf, Umar. They all need to start.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

1naija wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:53 pm Why does Uzoho need to play? To see what he can offer?

-----------------------------------------Uzoho-------------------------------------------------------------'

------Osayi------------------Awaziem---------------Ajayi---------------------Onyemachi----------

---------------------Yusuf-------------------Iwobi--------------------Ndidi------------------------

Not sure Finidi would like to mess up his record with that decision..lol. Zero chance he takes that risk bcos if he does and loses, his chance of landing the job permanently would be gone with the winds.
Goalgetter,

You have a point about Finidi not messing his record given that he is auditioning for a job.

However, we must begin to see these friendlies for what they are -- they are not competitive games. If SE must always play starters, then that begins to support the idea of not inviting all 23 or 25 players from FB players if just a few of them shall be played. I would then go with idea of inviting just 15 from FB and make up the rest with HB players or players from age-grade teams preparing for competition. That will be as better use of these camps.
Pretty much everybody in the SE setup is a potential starter . The competition is that intense and the margins between players are really slim .

Finidi might as well use the friendlies to assess tactical formations and the like as opposed to determining personnel
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Goalgetter,

I won't play Uzoho. I will start with a Nwabali even if I reshuffle my backline. He is good at organizing his backline and can play the ball out of the back.

I will like to see Sadiq play. Like to see Tella start. Will like to see Onyedika with the stabilizing presence of Ndidi.
I will like to see if Bruno was truly really poor or he just had a bad game against Ghana.
I will like to see if Awaziem has turned to "Anywhere Belle Face" defender.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The goal is to build depth in case of injuries. Why would you call your backup Gk to two friendlies and not play him. Then when Nwabili goes down with an injury. You don't know what you have in the 2nd choice. Uzoho should start. We need to know if he is good enough. Maybe they need to drop him and find some one else.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Some Nigerians are afraid of competition. That is why the likes of Dangote monopolize the domestic market. They refuse to use the ports in the SE. Everything has to be monopolized so that they can manipulate the public. We need an atmosphere of competition. So that if any player wan do shakara for us. We tell them F off.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx