Nigerian striker Ibrahim Hafiz Umar to Chelsea

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Nigerian striker Ibrahim Hafiz Umar to Chelsea

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Nigerian striker Ibrahim Hafiz Umar to Chelsea

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

This boy get confidence. Good luck to him.
OCCUPY NFF!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Very poor decision IMO.. even while understanding the financial considerations that might have led to this.
There is no pathway for him to develop at Chelsea.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:33 pm
This is one lad that I am rooting for his success. This kid's interview really got to me. I listened to it and it really hit me. This kid has a lot on his shoulders and many people are depending on his success. I frankly do not care a DIME on what club he plays for. All I wish is that he succeeds for the sake of many others who depend on him. He is the story of many in Nigeria.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:47 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:33 pm
This is one lad that I am rooting for his success. This kid's interview really got to me. I listened to it and it really hit me. This kid has a lot on his shoulders and many people are depending on his success. I frankly do not care a DIME on what club he plays for. All I wish is that he succeeds for the sake of many others who depend on him. He is the story of many in Nigeria.

That's the more reason to care about his decision on what club to play for...
I pray it works out for him.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Good luck to the young lad!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

txj wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:46 pm Very poor decision IMO.. even while understanding the financial considerations that might have led to this.
Always negative. You must be a delight at dinner parties.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

bushboy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:37 pm
txj wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:46 pm Very poor decision IMO.. even while understanding the financial considerations that might have led to this.
Always negative. You must be a delight at dinner parties.
Bushboy,

Notwithstanding the financial aspects, Txj's point makes sense. This kid will not play at Chelsea in the near future. His best option, if he chooses Chelsea, is to be loaned out immediately. You do realize that he has not made international appearances that will give him an option to play in the EPL? In addition, the competition at Chelsea will be steep.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

The plan is to loan him out to their sister club in France, Strasbourg.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It is actually a good thing. There is more eyes on English football and Chelsea acade.his good. He can develop and then move on to another club.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Lolly wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:49 pm
The plan is to loan him out to their sister club in France, Strasbourg.

Yes, that's the plan of course.

But more than that is folks understanding how clubs function and what kind of youth programs each club has.

Chelsea uses youth players as a hedge against FFP. What this means is that the key goal is not so much the development of the player and a pathway to the first team, but the use of the players resale value to positively impact FFP.

Similar to City....But Chelsea are the best in the game at this.

There's no pathway for him to get to the Chelsea first team.

He now gets into the loan player carousel at Chelsea, whereas he could've developed in a 2nd/3rd tier league as a stepping stone to a 1st or 2nd as the case maybe...

The case of Van Ginkel was especially pitiful. And there are many more like it at Chelsea.
Andre Santos is on it atm...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

I unfortunately agree with you.

The pathway to developmental success should not be in a club like Chelsea.

Smaller clubs would actually have the ability to devote one-on-one tutoring in various aspects of the game including player management because they will see him as a prized asset unlike at Chelsea where he is one of many.

Even him being loaned out would not achieve the same level of attention and grooming had he chosen a smaller club.

I fault his representatives... Nwakalis (both of them), Chiderah Ezeh, Yahaya, just to name a few. Their paths would have been different if they had chosen wisely as opposed to going for a big name club where one could be lost in the shuffle.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:31 pm

Smaller clubs would actually have the ability to devote one-on-one tutoring in various aspects of the game including player management because they will see him as a prized asset unlike at Chelsea where he is one of many.

Even him being loaned out would not achieve the same level of attention and grooming had he chosen a smaller club.

I fault his representatives... Nwakalis (both of them), Chiderah Ezeh, Yahaya, just to name a few. Their paths would have been different if they had chosen wisely as opposed to going for a big name club where one could be lost in the shuffle.

These moves are typically driven by agents, and they usually are driven by financial considerations. Not all of them, but most.

If you recall, some of the better ones like John Shittu had Mikel in Lyn Oslo, which was a crucial stepping stone...

I should add that some teams use the loan system very well, like Brighton and Brentford. It takes proper consideration to find the best fit for a particular player. I've seen my team Liverpool get it right in some, but then fail in others.

But most certainly not Chelsea...

I'm keeping an eye on the fella at Brentford....an interesting pathway..

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

I admire his confidence but this kid is getting loaned to Vitesse Arnhem. Chelsea loves sending their players over there.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

If you are good player Chelsea can't destroy your career. KDB and Salaah are good test cases. If he is good. He will make it.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Hafiz, dont do it! 8-)
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:53 pm If you are good player Chelsea can't destroy your career. KDB and Salaah are good test cases. If he is good. He will make it.
They had to escape from Chelsea to become good players.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Not at all surprised by the decision. Two in the bush beats the bird in the hand. “Chalsee”. Case closed. Bodo would’ve fattened the cash cow for market, a trial at Chelsea is anything but a contract offer.

Agree with the wiser side of the audience, being farmed off to substitute appearances at Strasbourg et al is hardly development. Bigger clubs wanted Haaland early doors, a couple seasons at Molde and the rest is history.

Good luck to the lad.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

We dont know for sure. Many AJAX players never made it to big clubs. There are just so many variables. Many players get to Belgium and rot away.

The player need to show that he BELONGS!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I think we got a potential great one here folks. Love that he can use his left foot well too.
[media] [/media]
OCCUPY NFF!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

wanaj0 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:33 am

We dont know for sure. Many AJAX players never made it to big clubs. There are just so many variables. Many players get to Belgium and rot away.

The player need to show that he BELONGS!

Not sure what the Ajax analogy is about. However, what is recognized as crucial for young players at his developmental level is regular games, under proper guidance.

Will he get it at Chelsea? No.

Will he get it at a loan club? Possibly, depending on which one.
He will then have to be lucky to fit into the plans of the loan club for them to be invested in him..

Its not about showing he belongs. Its about assurance of regular games...