Nigeria vs Mali(0-2) FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Mali(0-1)

Post by Schillachi »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:40 pm
Schillachi wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:39 pm I really don't understand why Lookman, our most prolific goal scorer in recent times is on the bench. This is how some of these local coaches sabotage themselves..
Head scratcher o, esp after he scored last game…why Dessers as well and not Sadiq?
I really don't understand. Is it that Finidi does not know that this is a must-win game for him if he wants to be coach of SE?
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Schillachi wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:39 pm I really don't understand why Lookman, our most prolific goal scorer in recent times is on the bench. This is how some of these local coaches sabotage themselves..
If he was going to play with 5 at the back and 2 defensive midfielders, then he should have started with one proper striker and Kelechi, not Kelechi and Moses. Especially since Kelechi seems to drop deep to pick up the ball these days.

If I were Finidi, I would go 4-3-3 in the second half. Just go for broke and don't be scared of losing. We actually look very poor the way we are currently set up.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

It is clear to me why alot of these players were bench warmers @ Afcon. Btw, why is Lookman on the bench?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ola Aina has returned to training. Hopefully he will be fit for South Africa. We need to scout for new wingbacks and midfielders. Could also use one more central defender. I don't like the play of Osayi and Collins.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Osayi should not even be in the Eagles Squad.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Lolly wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:43 pm
If he was going to play with 5 at the back and 2 defensive midfielders, then he should have started with one proper striker and Kelechi, not Kelechi and Moses. Especially since Kelechi seems to drop deep to pick up the ball these days.

If I were Finidi, I would go 4-3-3 in the second half. Just go for broke and don't be scared of losing. We actually look very poor the way we are currently set up.
Let’s see how he gingers the boys second half he seems like a coach afraid of changes based on the last game…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Our midfield 3 is very flat in build up and spread across the center circle. We are trying to avoid the clog in the central areas I guess. Iwobi is the most mobile so he’s getting the ball but when he turns he has nothing vertical. Kudos to mali.

Invert the triangle. Take out one of Ndidi or Onyedika and let’s see TDB with Iwobi. One has to always stay high behind the front 2.

We also need to win some duels upfront. We are very possession cautious. When we get wide in the final third, we should be brave and take some risks.

Defensively we look unsure of ourselves once the first line has been penetrated. Awaziem and Osayi struggling. Semi and Collins also seem off as well.

Let’s see what the second half brings.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Bad howler from Awaziem, who despite that mistake has played well.
Onyedika has played very well and it’s been a balanced game, both teams have had spells in possession but we are not passing the ball where we can hurt them
I am happy
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The injury to Ebuehi is a shame. He could have made a claim for the right back spot.

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:44 pm Ola Aina has returned to training. Hopefully he will be fit for South Africa. We need to scout for new wingbacks and midfielders. Could also use one more central defender. I don't like the play of Osayi and Collins.
Collins actually looks ok but he is not a wingback, just like Osayi. They are full backs.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:47 pm The injury to Ebuehi is a shame. He could have made a claim for the right back spot.
No he wouldn’t have, we’ve seen him so many times, like haba just like Awaziem we know who they are…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:46 pm

Let’s see how he gingers the boys second half he seems like a coach afraid of changes based on the last game…
It is a friendly. I actually want him to make 5 changes to start the 2nd half. Avoid injuries. Winning the game is not the priority. But the WOWO crowd are waiting for a defeat in a meaningless friendly. I am afraid Finidi will want to win the game and go all out in the 2nd half. Which is not necessary.

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Ugbowo wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:46 pm Our midfield 3 is very flat in build up and spread across the center circle. We are trying to avoid the clog in the central areas I guess. Iwobi is the most mobile so he’s getting the ball but when he turns he has nothing vertical. Kudos to mali.

Invert the triangle. Take out one of Ndidi or Onyedika and let’s see TDB with Iwobi. One has to always stay high behind the front 2.

We also need to win some duels upfront. We are very possession cautious. When we get wide in the final third, we should be brave and take some risks.

Defensively we look unsure of ourselves once the first line has been penetrated. Awaziem and Osayi struggling. Semi and Collins also seem off as well.

Let’s see what the second half brings.
Ndidi is not helping matters with his very casual and lazy plays. Onyedika is now looking like the more experienced player but not sure if he can hold on his own without Ndidi.

We really need to scout for better central midfielders. It a mater of national emergency else we are not going to the world cup.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:50 pm

It is a friendly. I actually want him to make 5 changes to start the 2nd half. Avoid injuries. Winning the game is not the priority. But the WOWO crowd are waiting for a defeat in a meaningless friendly. I am afraid Finidi will want to win the game and go all out in the 2nd half. Which is not necessary.
Let’s see if he will make changes, all I’m saying is going by last game he doesn’t seem like a coach that will make many changes. I think he should to give everyone some minutes, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

You are not very bright if you think it is not necessary for FInidi to want to win this game..
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Schillachi wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:54 pm

You are not very bright if you think it is not necessary for FInidi to want to win this game..
I think playing good and coordinated football is more important than winning. We look so disjointed in this game like we did in the second half against Ghana. Why is Finidi starting with this 3-5-2 with so many defensive players? What is he scared of?

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

CE folks y'all need to calm down it is a freaking friendly
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

What is Dessers doing???
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

We are actually playing well. But we are not getting the ball to the two guys upfront.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

naijaguy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:00 pm What is Dessers doing???
Being himself 😂
Super Eagus 4 Life!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Feed is gone
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

Onyedika is a baller. I will like to see him moved a bit upwards.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Dessers is so poor lol
Super Eagus 4 Life!