Nigeria vs Mali(0-2) FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nigeria vs Mali(0-2) FT

Post by Lolly »

Dammy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:42 pm We need to find a substitute for Iwobi. We can’t continue to depend on him alone for creativity.
Smart opponents will figure him out and cut off his game
You noticed. He runs too deep and then looks up and there is no one close to him asking for the ball.

So a smart coach would just assign a player to man mark Iwobi and force him back.
Last edited by Lolly on Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:42 pm It is a good game for Nigeria despite the score line. Some players were tested. The coach now has to ring in the changes. I hope we are healthy. Need Osimhen and Boniface back in the team.
It was a piss poor game.
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

Why is it that when we give this foolish local coaches a chance, they also sabotage themselves? Is it a curse?
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

BTW, who failed to cut out that pass that led to Mali’s 2nd goal?
I am happy
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Dammy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:45 pm BTW, who failed to cut out that pass that led to Mali’s 2nd goal?
Omeruo I think.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Dammy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:42 pm We need to find a substitute for Iwobi. We can’t continue to depend on him alone for creativity.
Smart opponents will figure him out and cut off his game

Why did they not test a replacement for Iwobi in the two friendly games?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Ifeanyi Matthew
Ibrahim Olawoyin
Nwakali

These guys must be called up now, thank God we've seen how good Onyedika is...Iwobi seriously needs HELP, we never got to see Dele-Bashiru...friendly was somewhat a waste of time tbh, Finidi surely isn't getting the Eagles job, nice guy but definitely not the man for the job.
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:44 pm Finidi George did well for his first two games. With short notice and not picking the team. He beat Ghana and his team played well against Mali. The NFF should keep him and allow him to make the changes he wants to make. No white man is going to save Nigeria.
You are a clown. If he started the right personnel and beat Mali, you won't need to be writing this rubbish to defend him...

Unless I hear that Lookman, Yusuf and Sadiq were injured, he should take his sorry #$% back to Enyimba..
Last edited by Schillachi on Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

aruako1 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:45 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:42 pm It is a good game for Nigeria despite the score line. Some players were tested. The coach now has to ring in the changes. I hope we are healthy. Need Osimhen and Boniface back in the team.
It was a piss poor game.
I disagree it is a good game for a friendly. Friendlies are designed to test players. Winning is not the priority. You should judge a coach when they play competitive matches.

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

TBH, a total mismatch -in the 1st half they controlled territory & possession. In the 2nd half, we huffed & puffed a bit but they ran the show - i can't recall the no. of times they'd to pass back to the defenders or GK due to pressure - they forced us to do that most of the time - more effective pressing & superior passing game.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Schillachi wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:48 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:44 pm Finidi George did well for his first two games. With short notice and not picking the team. He beat Ghana and his team played well against Mali. The NFF should keep him and allow him to make the changes he wants to make. No white man is going to save Nigeria.
You are a clown. If he started the right personnel and beat Mali, you won't need to be writing this rubbish to defend him...
You are judging a coach based on a friendly. Finidi didn't even select the players. You are a clown just like the NFF. They will hire another journey man failed mercenary coach. White man will not save Nigeria.

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

This is one of my major issues with local coaches. What was the point of playing senior fringe players throughout a friendly game without giving promising newcomers a chance to showcase their abilities? What point was coach Finidi trying to prove??
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:49 pm
It was a piss poor game.
I disagree it is a good game for a friendly. Friendlies are designed to test players. Winning is not the priority. You should judge a coach when they play competitive matches.
Nothing gained from this game. An underwhelming, rudderless performance. I struggled to stay awake
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:51 pm
Schillachi wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:48 pm
You are judging a coach based on a friendly. Finidi didn't even select the players. You are a clown just like the NFF. They will hire another journey man failed mercenary coach. White man will not save Nigeria.
Mumu.. did Finidi not select the starting line-up? I've never seen this sort of self sabotage before
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:48 pm Ifeanyi Matthew
Ibrahim Olawoyin
Nwakali

These guys must be called up now, thank God we've seen how good Onyedika is...Iwobi seriously needs HELP, we never got to see Dele-Bashiru...friendly was somewhat a waste of time tbh, Finidi surely isn't getting the Eagles job, nice guy but definitely not the man for the job.
Regardless of who coaches this team, we're seriously lacking in quality players. I'll like to know how many of our guys play in the top 10 teams in leagues like -Serie A, La Liga,Bundesliga & the EPL; The skills deficit is tough to hide. Goodluck to 9ja sha!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

iworo wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:51 pm This is one of my major issues with local coaches. What was the point of playing senior fringe players throughout a friendly game without giving promising newcomers a chance to showcase their abilities? What point was coach Finidi trying to prove??
It's not a local coach thing. You are either a good coach with tactical knowhow or you are not. I hope we are wrong but Finidi really messed up today. His starting formation was a shocker and that set the tone for what was to become one of our worst displays in years. It's not even the result, we just looked toothless and amateurish going forward.

icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

I have always said: Hire the best coach that Nigeria can afford vs. Local coach. If the best coach that Nigeria can afford is local, then i'm happy. That said, this is on Finidi not on local coaches. If we look objectively at Finidi's resume as a coach, nothing screams "impact". I do not know what impact he has had at Enyimba. Years ago, Enyimba competed at the CAF level. The reason Finidi was brought in is to take us back to the days ENyimba was strong on the continent. I did not see impact. For that reason, I had my suspicions. Today, the score line is not the most important, I was trying to assess the changes he will make, how he responds. - didn't see it. We went from a team that plays from the wings and whips in crosses at Afcon, creating chances to very few chances created. The dearth of chances for me is the MAJOR indicator not the score line.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Finidi, why? This is painful. Did he intentionally rule himself out? There can't be any other reason for not making any attempt to change things with subs. Why? This is just too painful. I hope they won't bring back Salisu to come and coach against SA?

Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

Lolly wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:02 am Finidi, why? This is painful. Did he intentionally rule himself out? There can't be any other reason for not making any attempt to change things with subs. Why? This is just too painful. I hope they won't bring back Salisu to come and coach against SA?
Honestly, this thing pain me no be small. Foolish clown. NFF should do whatever they want to do. At this point, I'm supporting the South African guy..
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

It was painful and Mali really wanted it win the game. The SE scalp is a big one, friendly or not and Mali started wasting time from around the 55th minute! Their goalkeeper even received a yellow card for time wasting
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

What was the point of inviting Sadiq if he was not going to play?
The exclusion of Moffi is baffling
I am happy
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Dammy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:19 am What was the point of inviting Sadiq if he was not going to play?
The exclusion of Moffi is baffling
Too many strange decisions.

Why did he start with such a defensive formation? He didn't need to use the Peseinro template. This was a friendly, not a must not lose game. I just tire.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

aruako1 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:51 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:49 pm
It was a piss poor game.
Nothing gained from this game. An underwhelming, rudderless performance. I struggled to stay awake
I learned a lot from the game.
1. Nigeria lack defensive depth.
2. Ndidi is no longer strictly a DM. Needs to be paired with a traditional DM. Allow Ndidi to be a box to box midfielder. Iwobi plays too deep.
3. Dessers is not better than Moffi.
4. We need to work on transitioning from defense to offense.
5. The team can pass the ball when they stick to it.
6. Finidi is a good coach.