Awaziem, Omeruo, Collins, Dessers

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Awaziem, Omeruo, Collins, Dessers

Post by Tobi17 »

Surely this is the last of us seeing this junks? Dessers is literally the worse player I've ever seen in a Nigerian jersey :rotf:

Abeg we need our first teamers BACK in form before we meet South Africa...Osimhen, Boniface, Awoniyi, Aina, Ekong etc.

And yeah Finidi should go back to his level at Enyimba, doubt NFF are going to risk giving him a contract with that pathetic display, how TF do you sit on your subs in a mere friendly for goodness sake? na swear dem swear for us? from Rohr, Pisseiro and now Finidi!.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Awaziem, Omeruo, Collins, Dessers

Post by maceo4 »

😂😂😂😂😂😂
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

While i understand everybody seeing this as an audition for Finidi, I think we run the risk of taking this more seriously than it is.

It’s a friendly. His 2nd game in charge. He tried out some players. It didn’t work out. I don’t think it means much
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

deanotito wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm While i understand everybody seeing this as an audition for Finidi, I think we run the risk of taking this more seriously than it is.

It’s a friendly. His 2nd game in charge. He tried out some players. It didn’t work out. I don’t think it means much
You can lose a friendly where you can see what the manager is trying to do. But it was a shocker. Finidi is not ready yet.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

deanotito wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm While i understand everybody seeing this as an audition for Finidi, I think we run the risk of taking this more seriously than it is.

Which players did he try out?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Who did he try out? He has been with the team and this set of players for almost 2 years and he still doesn’t know how to play them? His starting formation was so amateurish and cowardly. Shocking display by the team and criminal from the coach.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

It’s a friendly so why not try the players he brought? He made only one tactical sub in this game, that is extremely odd for a friendly game. In fact I don’t think I’ve ever seen that. He actually didn’t give many ‘new’ players a chance aside from Tanimu. This is a game you could have tried out the Tellas, Dele Bashiru, even give Sadiq a chance since Dessers got one last time out. He literally didn’t make the most out of these friendly and that’s regardless of the scoreline…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The problem with Awaziem is that he loses concentration and it could prove costly like today and against Ecuador in Peseiro’s 2nd game in the US in 2022. Peseiro never started him again.
Apart from that howler, he played well and made some vital interceptions but at this stage, he shouldn’t be making those sort of errors.
His mistake decided the match today, the 2nd goal was jara
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Your mind don change again like a clock. Fact is that Nigerians do not have the patience to develop anything, to plan, execute and calibrate.

Every time you fire a coach, the new coach runs into the same problems the old coach had. Now ya azz is up the creek. Nigeria has taken an up and coming team that finished 2nd at Afcon and turned it into a wobbling and stumbling team in just 2 games.

Congrats.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The problem with Awaziem is that he loses concentration and it could prove costly like today and against Ecuador in Peseiro’s 2nd game in the US in 2022. Peseiro never started him again.
Apart from that howler, he played well and made some vital interceptions but at this stage, he shouldn’t be making those sort of errors.
His mistake decided the match today, the 2nd goal was jara
I am happy
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

aruako1 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:49 pm

You can lose a friendly where you can see what the manager is trying to do. But it was a shocker. Finidi is not ready yet.
I hear he is still standing with his arms folded…nobody wants to let him in on the secret that the game is over 😂
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

Why would someone with a functioning brain, auditioning for a job, try out some players? Dem swear for this coaches or what?
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

Why would someone with a functioning brain, auditioning for a job, try out some players, instead of starting his best team? Dem swear for this coaches or what?
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Schillachi wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:52 pm

Why would someone with a functioning brain, auditioning for a job, try out some players, instead of starting his best team? Dem swear for this coaches or what?
Well, it’s not what I would do. But some of these guys are stubborn. And you never know what some officials told him about his job security. Maybe he felt more secure than we think he is.
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

deanotito wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:01 am

Well, it’s not what I would do. But some of these guys are stubborn. And you never know what some officials told him about his job security. Maybe he felt more secure than we think he is.
I have no option than to conclude that Finidi is a fool. This thing pain me sha because I was really rooting for him. Mtcheeww
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:50 pm

It’s a friendly so why not try the players he brought? He made only one tactical sub in this game, that is extremely odd for a friendly game. In fact I don’t think I’ve ever seen that. He actually didn’t give many ‘new’ players a chance aside from Tanimu. This is a game you could have tried out the Tellas, Dele Bashiru, even give Sadiq a chance since Dessers got one last time out. He literally didn’t make the most out of these friendly and that’s regardless of the scoreline…
I’m just guessing here but maybe he thought this was his best team, and since he was coaching for his job, he might as well leave them on?? Or he wanted to build cohesion between the set on the field.

I am generally reluctant to assume professionals like Finidi don’t know what they’re doing. I may disagree with their choices but I can’t assume he’s incompetent off of one friendly game loss. He has to prove his incompetence and he hasn’t done so
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Schillachi wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:03 am

I have no option than to conclude that Finidi is a fool. This thing pain me sha because I was really rooting for him. Mtcheeww
But how can you build the football career Finidi has built while being a fool??? As a player, he was very cerebral and skilled. As a coach, he’s learned at the highest levels of Spain. Let’s not just jump to conclusions off one loss.

In theory, friendlies are for experimentation
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

deanotito wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:06 am

I’m just guessing here but maybe he thought this was his best team, and since he was coaching for his job, he might as well leave them on?? Or he wanted to build cohesion between the set on the field.

I am generally reluctant to assume professionals like Finidi don’t know what they’re doing. I may disagree with their choices but I can’t assume he’s incompetent off of one friendly game loss. He has to prove his incompetence and he hasn’t done so
Any coach who didn't make more than a single token change in this match we've just seen needs to go back to school. Hr really needs to explain to his employers what he was thinking about. Or were all the guys on the bench injured?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

deanotito wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:09 am

But how can you build the football career Finidi has built while being a fool??? As a player, he was very cerebral and skilled. As a coach, he’s learned at the highest levels of Spain. Let’s not just jump to conclusions off one loss.

There is a reason why many very good ex footballers don't make good coaches. I won't call him a fool but he definitely has some explaining to do on his starting formation and lack of impactful subs.

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Lolly wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:09 am

Any coach who didn't make more than a single token change in this match we've just seen needs to go back to school. Hr really needs to explain to his employers what he was thinking about. Or were all the guys on the bench injured?
Lolly, even a secondary school coach would make substitutions if he was losing an important match. That Finidi didn’t make subs implies that it was a willful decision based on his analysis and not because he doesn’t know much.

All I’m saying is that we need to see more
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Lolly wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:12 am

There is a reason why many very good ex footballers don't make good coaches. I won't call him a fool but he definitely has some explaining to do on his starting formation and lack of impactful subs.
In general, from my observation, it is because they don’t know how to get average players to play better. They think it should be as easy for Mr Average as it was for them. So it’s generally a communication thing. But we don’t know with Finidi…this match is not enough
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

You gotta be kidding. The only goal Finidi should have had for these friendly matches is put up such a good performance that NFF will have no choice but to hire him. His job was to make NFF incur that wrath of Nigerians, if they didn't hire him. He failed miserably. Let him go back to Enyimba.. Mtcheeewww. There is nothing I hate more than brainless self-sabotage.

Unless I find out that Lookman, Yusuf, Sadiq were all carrying a knock, the above is my opinion on Finidi
Last edited by Schillachi on Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

deanotito wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:13 am
Lolly wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:09 am

Lolly, even a secondary school coach would make substitutions if he was losing an important match. That Finidi didn’t make subs implies that it was a willful decision based on his analysis and not because he doesn’t know much.

All I’m saying is that we need to see more
He probably couldn't see how the subs would impact the game hence why he just sat there hoping to nick a goal from somewhere with the unbalanced formation he put up. I am really upset. I think the guy has blown his chances.