Overall good test games for Nigeria/NFF keep Finidi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Overall good test games for Nigeria/NFF keep Finidi

Post by ohenhen1 »

I know the WOWO crowd were waiting for a defeat to justify the sickness. I will say it again, a white man will not save Nigeria. Only Nigerians will save Nigeria.

Overall it is a good game. The players passed the ball well. Just has to work on a few things. He needs to be given free reign to ring in changes.

It is a shame that we didn't test more new players. I don't understand why Bashiru and Tella didn't play. And why they didn't call replacements for Ebuehi.

Seems like a wasted opportunity to me build depth. We have injury problems. Ekong has a long term injury.

NFF give the man the job and support him. Finidi drop several players and bring in players that fit your system. Don't use Pesiero players.

I also don't like that 352 formation. Should be 433.
Nwabili
Aina, Ajayi, ???, ???
Iwobi, Ndidi, ???
Boniface, Osimhen, Lookman
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Overall good test games for Nigeria/NFF keep Finidi

Post by ohenhen1 »

Reading through social media post. Nigerians are their own worst enemy. Blaming Finidi and asking for a white coach. They are saying he lacks technical capacity. They didn't say this when he beat Ghana on Friday. Findi didn't even field Nigeria first team. Also didn't even select the players. Yet they blame Finidi for not making changes. it is crazy. The guy had 15 to 16 available players. No Yusuf and no Sadiq because of Ramadan. Even Simon Moses went out with an injury, Osimhen, Ebuehi withdraw. Onyeka and Bassey left camp after the first game. We dont know if players were nursing injuries and didn't want to risk it. But yet they curse out the coach, asking the NFF to hire Conceceao,

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Leave ohene, within the last month you've been punishing us with comments that makes no sense. Take a break and come back later. Nah beg i dey beg you.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Leave ohene, within the last month you've been punishing us with comments that makes no sense. Take a break and come back later. Nah beg i dey beg you.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:59 pm I know the WOWO crowd were waiting for a defeat to justify the sickness. I will say it again, a white man will not save Nigeria. Only Nigerians will save Nigeria.

Overall it is a good game. The players passed the ball well. Just has to work on a few things. He needs to be given free reign to ring in changes.

It is a shame that we didn't test more new players. I don't understand why Bashiru and Tella didn't play. And why they didn't call replacements for Ebuehi.

Seems like a wasted opportunity to me build depth. We have injury problems. Ekong has a long term injury.

NFF give the man the job and support him. Finidi drop several players and bring in players that fit your system. Don't use Pesiero players.

I also don't like that 352 formation. Should be 433.
Nwabili
Aina, Ajayi, ???, ???
Iwobi, Ndidi, ???
Boniface, Osimhen, Lookman
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Unbelievable stuff I am reading on social media. Some Nigerians are brainwashed by WOWO. From what I saw in the Ghana game. Finidi is a good coach. Give the guy support and time to build his team. No white man they hire will save Nigeria. Nigeria need depth, we need new defenders and midfielders. Forward position is the only position we have depth.

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:20 am Unbelievable stuff I am reading on social media. Some Nigerians are brainwashed by WOWO. From what I saw in the Ghana game. Finidi is a good coach. Give the guy support and time to build his team. No white man they hire will save Nigeria. Nigeria need depth, we need new defenders and midfielders. Forward position is the only position we have depth.
I’m not saying to fire him but why do you choose to ignore this game and bring up the Ghana game?

I told you that Ghana are one of the worst teams in Africa right now and that we should beat them 2-0 or 3-1. That 2-1 final score and them actually playing well with less men was deflating to tell you the truth.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

packerland wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:47 am
ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:20 am Unbelievable stuff I am reading on social media. Some Nigerians are brainwashed by WOWO. From what I saw in the Ghana game. Finidi is a good coach. Give the guy support and time to build his team. No white man they hire will save Nigeria. Nigeria need depth, we need new defenders and midfielders. Forward position is the only position we have depth.
I’m not saying to fire him but why do you choose to ignore this game and bring up the Ghana game?

I told you that Ghana are one of the worst teams in Africa right now and that we should beat them 2-0 or 3-1. That 2-1 final score and them actually playing well with less men was deflating to tell you the truth.
I gave Peseiro time. I will also give Finidi time to build his team. It is a friendly. 8 Nigerian starters didn't start against Mali. The criticism is unfair. Give the guy time to build his team. Let's judge him when he actually gets to select the players. From what I saw in the first game. Finidi is a good coach. But the Wowo NFF will
Hire a foreign coach. It would be highly unlikely Nigeria will qualify for the WC. Because whether it is your Oyibo coach or Finidi. The new coach will need time to fix the team. If I were the NFF I would keep Finidi, hire a backroom staff. Support him and hope for the best. Because Nigeria is already in trouble. It is all hands on deck to be endure qualification. Hiring someone with no track record of winning that doesnt know the players. His first game managing Nigeria would be South Africa in Nigeria. Then in a few days later he has to go to Benin republic. That is going to be tough for a new coach. He will earn my respect if he wins both games. That is going to be tough. I go tell you how I see am just like
how I told people in July last year that we need a long term coach. I go tell you today. Finidi is Nigeria best chance to qualify for the WC. Even keeping Finidi doesn't guarantee WC qualification. They have made a mess of things

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Finidi is a caretaker coach, which time are you giving him? He’s taken care of these 2 games so he’s done his part, he can leave with his head held high :)
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:08 am Finidi is a caretaker coach, which time are you giving him? He’s taken care of these 2 games so he’s done his part, he can leave with his head held high :)
Your Wowo coach that doesn't know his players first game would be against South Africa in WC qualifications. Good luck.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:13 am
maceo4 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:08 am Finidi is a caretaker coach, which time are you giving him? He’s taken care of these 2 games so he’s done his part, he can leave with his head held high :)
Your Wowo coach that doesn't know his players first game would be against South Africa in WC qualifications. Good luck.
Oh yea you’d rather use the one the just tried to do a poor man’s imitation of the last wowo? Good luck with that 😂
Super Eagus 4 Life!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The team.nad 5 clear chances to score against even with 8 starters missing. If I were Finidi I would resign if they don't give him the job . Because there is no chance for. Journey man mercenary coach that will be going around asking players to introduce themselves. Finidi should not be part of
That sinking ship.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:26 am
The team.nad 5 clear chances to score against even with 8 starters missing. If I were Finidi I would resign if they don't give him the job . Because there is no chance for. Journey man mercenary coach that will be going around asking players to introduce themselves. Finidi should not be part of
That sinking ship.
5 clear chances for your dream abi, keep telling yourself that 👍🏿
Super Eagus 4 Life!
mojojojo
Egg
Egg

Post by mojojojo »

This is not about WoWo. Finidi had two games to win over and get the job.Other candidates did not. It is the lack of initiative and tactical decision making that we are bemoaning.

Tactically, I see regression in the team from the games at afcon. And this goes down to the basics. Our pressing is disorganised, our player positioning was not coordinated and off the ball movement was nil. Even our passing was below par. I stopped watching after the first half, it was too painful to watch.

Acres of space was left in the midfield with both onyedika and ndidi sitting deep. Iwobi was left isolated. Jamilu Collins did not overlap enough for the type of system we are playing. So we had five players not in attack.

It just seemed that their was no devised plan on how to build the attack and ideas were not forthcoming.

Finidi should have played Alhassan (who has better passing and mobility than onyedika) and Dessrs/Umar upfront ( who will do better than senior man with their movement). The fact that both are fasting is a non issue since they play for their clubs and they would have broken fast at match time.

I think NFF needs to consider all the options both local and foreign and choose the best regardless of nationality.

At this point the best achievements of foreign and local coaches are equally matched. Let them just get us a coach that will qualify us for the world cup.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Finidi was outcoached by the Malian coach and I’m not sure if he’s the right person to leave our fate during the WCQs in his hand
I am happy
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

You didn’t watch the second half with Ghana down to ten men from the 55th minute? We were literally hanging on in the last few minutes and they nearly got another penalty in the dying minutes. And I am not blaming Finidi for our lacklustre performance in the second half but he should have made decent adjustments for the Mali game which he didn’t.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Overall good test games for Nigeria/NFF keep Finid

Post by Damunk »

No pain, no gain.
If Nigeria insists on a ‘local’ coach, this is what it takes.
This is a ‘stress test’ and I know from history we never handle it well.

They need to stick with Finidi if we really want to put our money where our mouth is.
No need living in denial, or by blaming it all on WOWOs.
This is reality.
Finidi is our local ‘star’ coach and for him to thrive, we have to stick with him through thick and thin. For a country of 200m it’s pathetic we have so few options. Amuneke is his best alternative but with all due respect, he is the very definition of a ‘journeyman’; he’s just a Nigerian one.

But I know my people. Too thin-skinned. We will not give Finidi time. It’s that our infamous ‘20/20 vision’ continuing to play out. History tells us that.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Damunk wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:44 am No pain, no gain.

They need to stick with Finidi if we really want to put our money where our mouth is.
This is reality.
Finidi is our local ‘star’ coach and for him to thrive, we have to stick with him through thick and thin. For a country of 200m it’s pathetic we have so few options. Amuneke is his best alternative but with all due respect, he is the very definition of a ‘journeyman’; he’s just a Nigerian one.

But I know my people. Too thin-skinned. We will not give Finidi time. It’s that our infamous ‘20/20 vision’ continuing to play out. History tells us that.
But our “star” coach made some schoolboy errors that would be unforgivable for a novice.

Why did he start with that formation against Mali? Why very few tactical subs?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Did Peseiro get two games? . You people are not fair. To make matters worse he was gjven the job on short notice.He didn't select the players. He was using fringe players in a friendly. The players were trying to avoid injuries. Anyways I don talk my own Nigeria will not qualify for the world cup If they don't retain Finidi. Even if they retain Finidi it is going to be difficult. The team lack depth. It has a lot of injuries. The new coach will need time to fix the team. There is no magic wand. That is exactly what the next journey man mercenary coach will tell his deluded WOWO crazies.

Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

Ohenhen couldn’t be more accurate. The NFF have no clue the depth of the whole this team/they are in. Perseiro is smart and knows this team will have a very very tough/slim chance of qualifying after almost having a heart attack on the sideline against SA at AFCON. This SE full strength or not, will not get 6 points against SA over 2 legs and neither would they do so against Benin. Which means they’re effectively out of the worldcup. People shouldn’t be acting surprised when reality sinks in June. Our best chance right now is to swim or sink with Finidi. No new coach will suddenly do a miracle..
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Lolly wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:04 am
Damunk wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:44 am No pain, no gain.

This is reality.

But our “star” coach made some schoolboy errors that would be unforgivable for a novice.

Why did he start with that formation against Mali? Why very few tactical subs?
What I am saying is that he is the best we have.
What I am saying is that this is the reality.
What I am saying is that if we insist on a local coach, then we are just going to have to go through the pain.

Those calling every alternative approach a WOWO approach are fantasists playing to the gallery.
Maybe they have a pressing need to prove to themselves (and others) that they are more black, more African and more Nigerian than the rest. :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Finidi did the best with what he was given. I was actually impressed with the passing in the first game. A lot of Nigerians are delusional if they think a failed journey man coach can come in and wave his magic wand. Fixing the team is going to take time. Me I done accept reality.

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:21 am Did Peseiro get two games? . You people are not fair. To make matters worse he was gjven the job on short notice.He didn't select the players. He was using fringe players in a friendly. The players were trying to avoid injuries. Anyways I don talk my own Nigeria will not qualify for the world cup If they don't retain Finidi. Even if they retain Finidi it is going to be difficult. The team lack depth. It has a lot of injuries. The new coach will need time to fix the team. There is no magic wand. That is exactly what the next journey man mercenary coach will tell his deluded WOWO crazies.
My issue with your earlier comment is that you were rejoicing about the Ghana game. That game was an indication of what will happen in the Mali game if adjustments weren't made. We are a diverse country and I don’t understand inviting players that were unavailable due to religious reason. Finidi also sat on his subs and didn’t test new players. It felt like he thought he put his best team out and wanted to win the game at all cost to impress his bosses and it backfired. Again, I’m not calling for his removal but you need to curb this so called positives you saw from the Ghana game.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .