CAUTION: SE May Not Qualify for WC IF.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

User avatar
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 37879
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
CAUTION: SE May Not Qualify for WC IF.....

Post by txj »

...we persist with this uncertainty....

1. The NFF needs to confirm Finidi as substantive manager and remove the interim tag, or hire a new manager, based hopefully on a criteria that they may have determined.

WHY?

Because Finidi, both figuratively and substantively looked like an interim manager, and MORE IMPORTANTLY, his team looked like an "interim team", both in tactics, personnel and mentality. In the two games....

I'm not concerned about the result or the performance, although I would strongly disagree with his assessment of the 2nd game.

I'm concerned about the mentality. You expect a "new manager bounce" with a new appointment. There was nothing visible here...

2. However, from the two friendlies, its very hard to make any conclusions about Finidi, one way or the other.

Its very hard to make conclusions about any manager on the basis of non-competitive games, but you do get one or two clues.

3. What are these clues and are they of any concern or encouraging, looking ahead?

(a) He wants to play two strikers to improve ball possession/retention up top, as well as the pressing system.

vs Ghana he was willing to sacrifice the wide MFs and use the wingbacks for width. A very poor Ghana offered little in response to challenge this concept of the game.

But it did improve MF play with Ndidi back alongside Onyeka and Iwobi allowed to find the game.

However the movement up top and the relationships among attacking players was surprisingly lacking for long periods, except notably on the 2nd goal, during which a wide MF, Lookman had come on...

This weakness was especially glaring in the 2nd game, and the Malian press in central MF rendered this concept completely ineffective.

Without quality wingbacks, and lacking wide MFs, Nigeria never controlled the game, and he was not able to or willing to pivot...For all the criticisms of Peseiro, re substitutes, its easy to see why he lacked confidence in his bench.

I was especially disappointed not to see Tella come in to test this concept of the game, either as a wingback as he plays in Leverkusen, or a wide midfielder.

Furthermore, without Onyeka the integrity of the press was badly exposed by the Malian triangles in possession, which leads me to the defensive side of the game.

(b) While there were some positive signs on offense, the defensive block that we came out of AFCON with seemed not to exist anymore. That is a MAJOR concern.

4. There's a need to keep developing this team in terms of looking for new options in MF and defence. That process needs to continue, but not with players like Tanimu, who will need a longer time...

We need to focus on players who are performing at a higher level. We need to qualify for the WC not win an affirmative action contest...

5. Finally, Finidi is a reflection of where we are wrt Nigerian managers. He has the advantage of being already part of the setup. IMO the NFF needs to confirm him and let him build his staff and get down to work.

Alternatively, hire a new manager ASAP.

If we persist with this uncertainty, I fear SA will beat us to a spot in the WCQs.

And we need to accept the fact that this is a young manager who will learn, and HOPEFULLY, grow on the job.





Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
User avatar
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 53755
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: CAUTION: SE May Not Qualify for WC IF.....

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:23 pm ...we persist with this uncertainty....

1. The NFF needs to confirm Finidi as substantive manager and remove the interim tag, or hire a new manager, based hopefully on a criteria that they may have determined.

WHY?

Because Finidi, both figuratively and substantively looked like an interim manager, and MORE IMPORTANTLY, his team looked like an "interim team", both in tactics, personnel and mentality. In the two games....

I'm not concerned about the result or the performance, although I would strongly disagree with his assessment of the 2nd game.

I'm concerned about the mentality. You expect a "new manager bounce" with a new appointment. There was nothing visible here...

2. However, from the two friendlies, its very hard to make any conclusions about Finidi, one way or the other.

Its very hard to make conclusions about any manager on the basis of non-competitive games, but you do get one or two clues.

3. What are these clues and are they of any concern or encouraging, looking ahead?

(a) He wants to play two strikers to improve ball possession/retention up top, as well as the pressing system.

vs Ghana he was willing to sacrifice the wide MFs and use the wingbacks for width. A very poor Ghana offered little in response to challenge this concept of the game.

But it did improve MF play with Ndidi back alongside Onyeka and Iwobi allowed to find the game.

However the movement up top and the relationships among attacking players was surprisingly lacking for long periods, except notably on the 2nd goal, during which a wide MF, Lookman had come on...

This weakness was especially glaring in the 2nd game, and the Malian press in central MF rendered this concept completely ineffective.

Without quality wingbacks, and lacking wide MFs, Nigeria never controlled the game, and he was not able to or willing to pivot...For all the criticisms of Peseiro, re substitutes, its easy to see why he lacked confidence in his bench.

I was especially disappointed not to see Tella come in to test this concept of the game, either as a wingback as he plays in Leverkusen, or a wide midfielder.

Furthermore, without Onyeka the integrity of the press was badly exposed by the Malian triangles in possession, which leads me to the defensive side of the game.

(b) While there were some positive signs on offense, the defensive block that we came out of AFCON with seemed not to exist anymore. That is a MAJOR concern.

4. There's a need to keep developing this team in terms of looking for new options in MF and defence. That process needs to continue, but not with players like Tanimu, who will need a longer time...

We need to focus on players who are performing at a higher level. We need to qualify for the WC not win an affirmative action contest...

5. Finally, Finidi is a reflection of where we are wrt Nigerian managers. He has the advantage of being already part of the setup. IMO the NFF needs to confirm him and let him build his staff and get down to work.

Alternatively, hire a new manager ASAP.

If we persist with this uncertainty, I fear SA will beat us to a spot in the WCQs.

And we need to accept the fact that this is a young manager who will learn, and HOPEFULLY, grow on the job.


Well put. (I don't like that I am agreeing with you these days...) :veryangry: :curse:

Unfortunately, the interim coaching opportunity is what is available. Thing is that we are already in a hole with our World Cup qualification having dropped points at home. We will need to secure maximum points against SA (our main rivals) or get 4 points out of the possible 6 points. I wish there was a way to see Finidi coach the full squad and see if they are better or worse than what we saw under the previous handler.

But whatever decision NFF wants to make they better make it fast.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
User avatar
tedder89
Egg
Egg
Posts: 1274
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:55 pm
Location: USA
Contact:
Re: CAUTION: SE May Not Qualify for WC IF.....

Post by tedder89 »

Biggest head scratcher for me was our lack of intensity vs Mali (especially in the first half) compared to the Ghana game where we were clearly up for it

Looked like we couldn’t wait to get it over and done with….
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
User avatar
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Posts: 69599
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Re: CAUTION: SE May Not Qualify for WC IF.....

Post by ohenhen1 »

Even if they hire the best coach in the world. Nigeria may not qualify. The team need some luck. It will take time to fix the problems in the team. It is the NFF fault. I saw a lot of depth problems.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
User avatar
joao
Egg
Egg
Posts: 6993
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:16 am
Location: Cut-N-Shoot, TX
Re: CAUTION: SE May Not Qualify for WC IF.....

Post by joao »

Too many overhyped players with bad on-field attitudes. Worst is, if we look at the players invited
for camping in the last ten years, there are some that are quite unproductive to SE but still getting
invited. Issues relating to players invitations with regards official intrusion needs be addressed as too
many unproductive players keep being invited.
Like many things about Nigeria, the SE needs a tough disciplinarian as coach and not the baby-sitters
we have been parading. The team on-field attitude is too lackadaisical and needs focus in its execution.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
User avatar
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 12646
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:27 pm
Re: CAUTION: SE May Not Qualify for WC IF.....

Post by aruako1 »

txj wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:23 pm ...we persist with this uncertainty....

1. The NFF needs to confirm Finidi as substantive manager and remove the interim tag, or hire a new manager, based hopefully on a criteria that they may have determined.

WHY?

Because Finidi, both figuratively and substantively looked like an interim manager, and MORE IMPORTANTLY, his team looked like an "interim team", both in tactics, personnel and mentality. In the two games....

I'm not concerned about the result or the performance, although I would strongly disagree with his assessment of the 2nd game.

I'm concerned about the mentality. You expect a "new manager bounce" with a new appointment. There was nothing visible here...

2. However, from the two friendlies, its very hard to make any conclusions about Finidi, one way or the other.

Its very hard to make conclusions about any manager on the basis of non-competitive games, but you do get one or two clues.

3. What are these clues and are they of any concern or encouraging, looking ahead?

(a) He wants to play two strikers to improve ball possession/retention up top, as well as the pressing system.

vs Ghana he was willing to sacrifice the wide MFs and use the wingbacks for width. A very poor Ghana offered little in response to challenge this concept of the game.

But it did improve MF play with Ndidi back alongside Onyeka and Iwobi allowed to find the game.

However the movement up top and the relationships among attacking players was surprisingly lacking for long periods, except notably on the 2nd goal, during which a wide MF, Lookman had come on...

This weakness was especially glaring in the 2nd game, and the Malian press in central MF rendered this concept completely ineffective.

Without quality wingbacks, and lacking wide MFs, Nigeria never controlled the game, and he was not able to or willing to pivot...For all the criticisms of Peseiro, re substitutes, its easy to see why he lacked confidence in his bench.

I was especially disappointed not to see Tella come in to test this concept of the game, either as a wingback as he plays in Leverkusen, or a wide midfielder.

Furthermore, without Onyeka the integrity of the press was badly exposed by the Malian triangles in possession, which leads me to the defensive side of the game.

(b) While there were some positive signs on offense, the defensive block that we came out of AFCON with seemed not to exist anymore. That is a MAJOR concern.

4. There's a need to keep developing this team in terms of looking for new options in MF and defence. That process needs to continue, but not with players like Tanimu, who will need a longer time...

We need to focus on players who are performing at a higher level. We need to qualify for the WC not win an affirmative action contest...

5. Finally, Finidi is a reflection of where we are wrt Nigerian managers. He has the advantage of being already part of the setup. IMO the NFF needs to confirm him and let him build his staff and get down to work.

Alternatively, hire a new manager ASAP.

If we persist with this uncertainty, I fear SA will beat us to a spot in the WCQs.

And we need to accept the fact that this is a young manager who will learn, and HOPEFULLY, grow on the job.





Spot on! The uncertainty is the biggest issue now. Finidi is not my preference (even though I'm grateful or last year's title with Enyimba) but we have to hire him or get a new manager quickly. My preference is Pitso Mosimane but Goncalves, the Angolan coach might be more affordable with decent output. My favourite amongst the local coaches is Amuneke
Agbako
Egg
Egg
Posts: 497
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:01 am
Location: The Kingdom
Re: CAUTION: SE May Not Qualify for WC IF.....

Post by Agbako »

Make he deh dia till July when Sia sia will be cleared to Coach . I think both Combos will win us the World Cup. If we qualify.

I deh dream... allow me please to.......
User avatar
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Posts: 57563
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Re: CAUTION: SE May Not Qualify for WC IF.....

Post by 1naija »

The SE are in the best position to qualify from the group. South Africa has lost one of its 2 games played. Rwanda won one game and drew one of theirs, both games at home. They will lose several games on the road. In fact, I see both Rwanda and South Africa losing in Zimbabwe. We just need to focus and win the next 2 games and we will be sitting on the top of the table all by ourself.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
User avatar
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 17834
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Re: CAUTION: SE May Not Qualify for WC IF.....

Post by The YeyeMan »

Agbako wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:25 pm Make he deh dia till July when Sia sia will be cleared to Coach . I think both Combos will win us the World Cup. If we qualify.

I deh dream... allow me please to.......
You know he was banned for match-fixing, right?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
User avatar
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 17834
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Re: CAUTION: SE May Not Qualify for WC IF.....

Post by The YeyeMan »

I'm aligned with the thrust of txj's post in terms of moving quickly - whatever the NFF decides it should do it decisively.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
User avatar
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Posts: 69599
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Re: CAUTION: SE May Not Qualify for WC IF.....

Post by ohenhen1 »

If I were the NFF. I would keep Finidi. The guy that knows the players. But would work on the backroom staff and work on the depth issues. It is too late to hire a new coach. That is the reality.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
User avatar
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 45396
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:55 pm
Re: CAUTION: SE May Not Qualify for WC IF.....

Post by YUJAM »

Nigeria is a world cup caliber team. This AFCON squad is a battle tested team that will beat most teams out there. FWIW, Mali is also a top team as we saw in the AFCON.

The only thing in the way of Nigeria is S Africa. I think the outcome of the group is determined by the two games between S Africa and Nigeria. It won't be easy but I think Nigeria can do it
The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:44 pm I'm aligned with the thrust of txj's post in terms of moving quickly - whatever the NFF decides it should do it decisively.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
User avatar
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 15269
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:54 pm
Re: CAUTION: SE May Not Qualify for WC IF.....

Post by Schillachi »

I was seriously rooting for Finidi but I'm very pissed that he's making me question his integrity. Whey Dessrs over Lookman as a starter and as a replacement for Simon? Why did he not use more subs in the Malian game even when we were down?

I really hate to think like this but the only logical explanation from what I saw from him yesterday is that he, in cahoots with NFF, decided to... let's just say, make some bad decisions..
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
User avatar
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Posts: 56374
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am
Location: world of the americas
Re: CAUTION: SE May Not Qualify for WC IF.....

Post by mcal »

tedder89 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:49 pm Biggest head scratcher for me was our lack of intensity vs Mali (especially in the first half) compared to the Ghana game where we were clearly up for it

Looked like we couldn’t wait to get it over and done with….
...I noticed that, no intensity, no hunger like the Ghana match.
Looked like they were tired, or too much rest.
Look at other friendlies including big names in Europe and elsewhere who also played 2 matches, everything was intense.
User avatar
packerland
Egg
Egg
Posts: 8110
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:05 am
Location: Wisconsin
Re: CAUTION: SE May Not Qualify for WC IF.....

Post by packerland »

The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:42 pm
Agbako wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:25 pm Make he deh dia till July when Sia sia will be cleared to Coach . I think both Combos will win us the World Cup. If we qualify.

I deh dream... allow me please to.......
You know he was banned for match-fixing, right?
I think his ban ends in July (I believe it was reduced). The main question is why do we think these coaches like working together or it would work? Both men are HC caliber. This is not the NFL where 2 or 3 former head coaches can work together. One can be hired to coach the offense and the other defense or special teams.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
User avatar
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 17834
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Re: CAUTION: SE May Not Qualify for WC IF.....

Post by The YeyeMan »

packerland wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:08 am
The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:42 pm
Agbako wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:25 pm Make he deh dia till July when Sia sia will be cleared to Coach . I think both Combos will win us the World Cup. If we qualify.

I deh dream... allow me please to.......
You know he was banned for match-fixing, right?
I think his ban ends in July (I believe it was reduced). The main question is why do we think these coaches like working together or it would work? Both men are HC caliber. This is not the NFL where 2 or 3 former head coaches can work together. One can be hired to coach the offense and the other defense or special teams.
Sure. I'm just wondering why he'd want to hire someone whose been banned for match-fixing? Why example does it set?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 23720
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Re: CAUTION: SE May Not Qualify for WC IF.....

Post by Enugu II »

The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:11 pm
packerland wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:08 am
The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:42 pm
Agbako wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:25 pm Make he deh dia till July when Sia sia will be cleared to Coach . I think both Combos will win us the World Cup. If we qualify.

I deh dream... allow me please to.......
You know he was banned for match-fixing, right?
I think his ban ends in July (I believe it was reduced). The main question is why do we think these coaches like working together or it would work? Both men are HC caliber. This is not the NFL where 2 or 3 former head coaches can work together. One can be hired to coach the offense and the other defense or special teams.
Sure. I'm just wondering why he'd want to hire someone whose been banned for match-fixing? Why example does it set?
Yeyeman

You keep mentioning that Siasia was banned for match-fixing:
As far as I can recall, that claim is not accurate.

What is accurate is that Siasia was banned for failing to respond, in a timely manner, to allegations of match fixing. There is a difference.

If you state otherwise, can you please let us know which match Siasia was found guilty of fixing and the details of that finding. It will better inform me as I want to be sure that I am fully informed.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
User avatar
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 37879
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Re: CAUTION: SE May Not Qualify for WC IF.....

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:28 pm
The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:11 pm
packerland wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:08 am
The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:42 pm
Agbako wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:25 pm Make he deh dia till July when Sia sia will be cleared to Coach . I think both Combos will win us the World Cup. If we qualify.

I deh dream... allow me please to.......
You know he was banned for match-fixing, right?
I think his ban ends in July (I believe it was reduced). The main question is why do we think these coaches like working together or it would work? Both men are HC caliber. This is not the NFL where 2 or 3 former head coaches can work together. One can be hired to coach the offense and the other defense or special teams.
Sure. I'm just wondering why he'd want to hire someone whose been banned for match-fixing? Why example does it set?
Yeyeman

You keep mentioning that Siasia was banned for match-fixing:
As far as I can recall, that claim is not accurate.

What is accurate is that Siasia was banned for failing to respond, in a timely manner, to allegations of match fixing. There is a difference.

If you state otherwise, can you please let us know which match Siasia was found guilty of fixing and the details of that finding. It will better inform me as I want to be sure that I am fully informed.



initially sanctioned in 2019 by Fifa for agreeing to "receive bribes in relation to the manipulation of matches."
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
User avatar
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 37879
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Re: CAUTION: SE May Not Qualify for WC IF.....

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:28 pm
The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:11 pm
packerland wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:08 am
The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:42 pm
Agbako wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:25 pm Make he deh dia till July when Sia sia will be cleared to Coach . I think both Combos will win us the World Cup. If we qualify.

I deh dream... allow me please to.......
You know he was banned for match-fixing, right?
I think his ban ends in July (I believe it was reduced). The main question is why do we think these coaches like working together or it would work? Both men are HC caliber. This is not the NFL where 2 or 3 former head coaches can work together. One can be hired to coach the offense and the other defense or special teams.
Sure. I'm just wondering why he'd want to hire someone whose been banned for match-fixing? Why example does it set?
Yeyeman

You keep mentioning that Siasia was banned for match-fixing:
As far as I can recall, that claim is not accurate.

What is accurate is that Siasia was banned for failing to respond, in a timely manner, to allegations of match fixing. There is a difference.

If you state otherwise, can you please let us know which match Siasia was found guilty of fixing and the details of that finding. It will better inform me as I want to be sure that I am fully informed.



initially sanctioned in 2019 by Fifa for agreeing to "receive bribes in relation to the manipulation of matches."
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 23720
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Re: CAUTION: SE May Not Qualify for WC IF.....

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:25 pm
Enugu II wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:28 pm
The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:11 pm
packerland wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:08 am
The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:42 pm
Agbako wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:25 pm Make he deh dia till July when Sia sia will be cleared to Coach . I think both Combos will win us the World Cup. If we qualify.

I deh dream... allow me please to.......
You know he was banned for match-fixing, right?
I think his ban ends in July (I believe it was reduced). The main question is why do we think these coaches like working together or it would work? Both men are HC caliber. This is not the NFL where 2 or 3 former head coaches can work together. One can be hired to coach the offense and the other defense or special teams.
Sure. I'm just wondering why he'd want to hire someone whose been banned for match-fixing? Why example does it set?
Yeyeman

You keep mentioning that Siasia was banned for match-fixing:
As far as I can recall, that claim is not accurate.

What is accurate is that Siasia was banned for failing to respond, in a timely manner, to allegations of match fixing. There is a difference.

If you state otherwise, can you please let us know which match Siasia was found guilty of fixing and the details of that finding. It will better inform me as I want to be sure that I am fully informed.



initially sanctioned in 2019 by Fifa for agreeing to "receive bribes in relation to the manipulation of matches."
Txj,

That is what he was charged with. However, he never defended the case and there was no proof that he in fact received the bribe nor acted to impact a game. In reality, there was never a proof that he received bribe nor was there proof that he fixed a single match. In reality, Siasia acted naively and demonstrated extreme poor judgment by not reporting the matter. When he received the charge document, he further messed up. For some reason (possibly money issues) he ignored the charge, thinking that it will not be acted on. BIG MISTAKE. The reality, however, is that there was never a proof nor did he defend the charges. You may want to read this:

While the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS) ruled that Siasia did not receive any bribe and did not fix any match, the court said he erred by not reporting the matter when he was asked to fix matches by a club official at a club he sought to coach.


https://saharareporters.com/2021/08/03/ ... a-us-court
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
User avatar
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 37879
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Re: CAUTION: SE May Not Qualify for WC IF.....

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:11 am
txj wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:25 pm
Enugu II wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:28 pm
The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:11 pm
packerland wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:08 am
The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:42 pm
Agbako wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:25 pm Make he deh dia till July when Sia sia will be cleared to Coach . I think both Combos will win us the World Cup. If we qualify.

I deh dream... allow me please to.......
You know he was banned for match-fixing, right?
I think his ban ends in July (I believe it was reduced). The main question is why do we think these coaches like working together or it would work? Both men are HC caliber. This is not the NFL where 2 or 3 former head coaches can work together. One can be hired to coach the offense and the other defense or special teams.
Sure. I'm just wondering why he'd want to hire someone whose been banned for match-fixing? Why example does it set?
Yeyeman

You keep mentioning that Siasia was banned for match-fixing:
As far as I can recall, that claim is not accurate.

What is accurate is that Siasia was banned for failing to respond, in a timely manner, to allegations of match fixing. There is a difference.

If you state otherwise, can you please let us know which match Siasia was found guilty of fixing and the details of that finding. It will better inform me as I want to be sure that I am fully informed.



initially sanctioned in 2019 by Fifa for agreeing to "receive bribes in relation to the manipulation of matches."
Txj,

That is what he was charged with. However, he never defended the case and there was no proof that he in fact received the bribe nor acted to impact a game. In reality, there was never a proof that he received bribe nor was there proof that he fixed a single match. In reality, Siasia acted naively and demonstrated extreme poor judgment by not reporting the matter. When he received the charge document, he further messed up. For some reason (possibly money issues) he ignored the charge, thinking that it will not be acted on. BIG MISTAKE. The reality, however, is that there was never a proof nor did he defend the charges. You may want to read this:

While the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS) ruled that Siasia did not receive any bribe and did not fix any match, the court said he erred by not reporting the matter when he was asked to fix matches by a club official at a club he sought to coach.


https://saharareporters.com/2021/08/03/ ... a-us-court


That's a whole lot of verbiage saying exactly nothing substantively!

I mean where do you come off citing sahara reports? Are you serious?

ALL of those explanations are all well and dandy, but the CHARGE and the SANCTION by FIFA remains ABSOLUTELY CLEAR- ""for agreeing to receive bribes in relation to the manipulation of matches."

What the CAS did was take some mitigating circumstances into consideration in reducing the sanctions, but none of that changes the substantive matter.

So YeyeMan's comments above are in fact correct and you need to stop giving out false information on this...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
User avatar
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 17834
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Re: CAUTION: SE May Not Qualify for WC IF.....

Post by The YeyeMan »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:11 am
txj wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:25 pm
Enugu II wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:28 pm
The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:11 pm
packerland wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:08 am
The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:42 pm
Agbako wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:25 pm Make he deh dia till July when Sia sia will be cleared to Coach . I think both Combos will win us the World Cup. If we qualify.

I deh dream... allow me please to.......
You know he was banned for match-fixing, right?
I think his ban ends in July (I believe it was reduced). The main question is why do we think these coaches like working together or it would work? Both men are HC caliber. This is not the NFL where 2 or 3 former head coaches can work together. One can be hired to coach the offense and the other defense or special teams.
Sure. I'm just wondering why he'd want to hire someone whose been banned for match-fixing? Why example does it set?
Yeyeman

You keep mentioning that Siasia was banned for match-fixing:
As far as I can recall, that claim is not accurate.

What is accurate is that Siasia was banned for failing to respond, in a timely manner, to allegations of match fixing. There is a difference.

If you state otherwise, can you please let us know which match Siasia was found guilty of fixing and the details of that finding. It will better inform me as I want to be sure that I am fully informed.



initially sanctioned in 2019 by Fifa for agreeing to "receive bribes in relation to the manipulation of matches."
Txj,

That is what he was charged with. However, he never defended the case and there was no proof that he in fact received the bribe nor acted to impact a game. In reality, there was never a proof that he received bribe nor was there proof that he fixed a single match. In reality, Siasia acted naively and demonstrated extreme poor judgment by not reporting the matter. When he received the charge document, he further messed up. For some reason (possibly money issues) he ignored the charge, thinking that it will not be acted on. BIG MISTAKE. The reality, however, is that there was never a proof nor did he defend the charges. You may want to read this:

While the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS) ruled that Siasia did not receive any bribe and did not fix any match, the court said he erred by not reporting the matter when he was asked to fix matches by a club official at a club he sought to coach.


https://saharareporters.com/2021/08/03/ ... a-us-court
OK, but if he didn't defend the case or if the case wasn't heard then how can you say there was no proof (or evidence)?

But fair enough we can say he showed extremely poor judgement on two occasions. This affair is still enough to rule him out of managing the SE, IMO.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
User avatar
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 12646
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:27 pm
Re: CAUTION: SE May Not Qualify for WC IF.....

Post by aruako1 »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:11 am
txj wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:25 pm
Enugu II wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:28 pm
The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:11 pm
packerland wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:08 am
The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:42 pm
Agbako wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:25 pm Make he deh dia till July when Sia sia will be cleared to Coach . I think both Combos will win us the World Cup. If we qualify.

I deh dream... allow me please to.......
You know he was banned for match-fixing, right?
I think his ban ends in July (I believe it was reduced). The main question is why do we think these coaches like working together or it would work? Both men are HC caliber. This is not the NFL where 2 or 3 former head coaches can work together. One can be hired to coach the offense and the other defense or special teams.
Sure. I'm just wondering why he'd want to hire someone whose been banned for match-fixing? Why example does it set?
Yeyeman

You keep mentioning that Siasia was banned for match-fixing:
As far as I can recall, that claim is not accurate.

What is accurate is that Siasia was banned for failing to respond, in a timely manner, to allegations of match fixing. There is a difference.

If you state otherwise, can you please let us know which match Siasia was found guilty of fixing and the details of that finding. It will better inform me as I want to be sure that I am fully informed.



initially sanctioned in 2019 by Fifa for agreeing to "receive bribes in relation to the manipulation of matches."
Txj,

That is what he was charged with. However, he never defended the case and there was no proof that he in fact received the bribe nor acted to impact a game. In reality, there was never a proof that he received bribe nor was there proof that he fixed a single match. In reality, Siasia acted naively and demonstrated extreme poor judgment by not reporting the matter. When he received the charge document, he further messed up. For some reason (possibly money issues) he ignored the charge, thinking that it will not be acted on. BIG MISTAKE. The reality, however, is that there was never a proof nor did he defend the charges. You may want to read this:

While the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS) ruled that Siasia did not receive any bribe and did not fix any match, the court said he erred by not reporting the matter when he was asked to fix matches by a club official at a club he sought to coach.


https://saharareporters.com/2021/08/03/ ... a-us-court
He was still convicted. He should not be anywhere near the SE in the future.

Post Reply