WHY Michael Nsien could possibly become the COMPROMISE CANDIDATE.......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 23720
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Re: WHY Michael Nsien could possibly become the COMPROMISE CANDIDATE.......

Post by Enugu II »

wale1974 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:20 am
Enugu II wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:25 pm
Lolly wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:52 am
Enugu II wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:32 am Michael Nsien is an American coach who has coached both men and boys’ football in America may be trend up in the imaginary no-holds barred fight for national Manager of the Super Eagles. His parents are Nigerians, and it matters.
We know that there is an increasingly entrenched divide within the NFF Board on who next should manage the Super Eagles. The increasing media leaks that include kite flying to test the public “waters” and the use of stooges to boost or damage key figures will be even more ramped up in the coming days. That always is the way it is in this death-wise struggle for who should be the next Manager of Nigeria. https://www.afrik-foot.com/en-ng/next-n ... head-coachThe Dankaro House in Abuja must be a beehive with the undergirded campaigns.

Image
Michael Nsien: Compromise candidate?

Finidi George, the erstwhile Assistant to departed Manager Jose Peseiro was given the chance to manage the team on interim basis, over two games, against Top-10 African teams. He won one game but lost the next. That very loss has given the foreign manager-bloc [https://newtelegraphng.com/eagles-job-a ... -collapse/]within the NFF a chance to fight back and the bloc will take it and massage it. Those who have entrenched for a local coach have suffered a setback but they have a trump card still. Make no mistake about it.

What is that trump card, you ask?
There is the issue of depleting NFF coffers, the “hammer” held by a Sports Minister, and there is a reminder that finding a successful foreign manager is not an easy one. We will get reminders of Johaness Bonfrere’s failure on the way to the 2002 World Cup when disastrous capitulations in Monrovia and Freetown had to be rescued with little to spare by the late Shuaibu Amodu. But if all else fails, there is always the option of Michael Nsen.

Michael Nsien will be and is the compromise. Michael Nsien is born to Nigerian parents, speaks like the revered “foreigner” that is always worshipped. :rotf: Importantly, he has overseen the development of youths in America, a country ranked 13 by FIFA. Nigeria’s rank? No. 28 by FIFA. Michael Nsien fits the part. Those entrenched for the local coach will accept him and those baying for a foreign coach will take the bait. Importantly, he will fit the wage scale and eye the job as a veritable stepping stone for something bigger in the future just the way previous managers have done.

Just, my tuppence.
What has he won as a manager? It’s not enough saying he coaches US youth teams.
Lolly,

You do not appear to know much about these candidates. Nsien has coached men's teams and not just youth teams. Well, here is an extract:

On December 7, 2018, Nsien was named the full-time head coach of Tulsa. In his three seasons as the full-time head coach, Nsien has compiled a record of 28W-31L-22D, while leading FC Tulsa to back-to-back USL Championship Playoff berths in 2020 and 2021. Under his leadership, the 2020 and 2021 seasons were the best in Tulsa’s six-year USL Championship history as the club made the Playoffs twice, compiled a franchise-best seven match unbeaten streak and had the club’s best-ever defense in 2020, and then boasted the club’s best record in franchise history and most points earned in a single season in 2021.

Nsien currently holds USSF “Pro” and his UEFA “A” coaching licenses. In December of 2020, Nsien became the first African American coach to earn his USSF Pro License. He has spent time learning the coaching profession with historic European clubs Benfica, Liverpool, Manchester United, and Manchester City at their respected academies. --- https://www.fctulsa.com/news/2021/01/05 ... ead-coach/
Good CV in America, but they won't respect him in Naija.
You are right, It already shows on some comments here. Some comment as if Super Eagles is more impressive than the USA national team! Wonders shall never cease.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 23720
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Re: WHY Michael Nsien could possibly become the COMPROMISE CANDIDATE.......

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:23 pm What football education? Can you be more specific?
Enugu II wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:39 pm
1naija wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:38 pm Why are people pushing this dude? Is the US U19 that dominant in the world.
Nope. But they receive the rather infamous "football education" that local Nigerian coaches are not able to impart ( :rotf: :rotf:)
1naija,

You dey axe me? I have no clue what "football education" means ooo! Abeg, axe those wey dey use am. I jus learn from dem ogas. If you axe me again, I go tell you outright: Football education means "BullShiiiit"
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
User avatar
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Posts: 69599
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Re: WHY Michael Nsien could possibly become the COMPROMISE CANDIDATE.......

Post by ohenhen1 »

At this stage. The only common sense choice is Finidi George with this guy as a possible assistant coach and U20 coach. I see him as Bosso replacement.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
greg
Egg
Egg
Posts: 2278
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:10 pm
Location: Canada
Re: WHY Michael Nsien could possibly become the COMPROMISE CANDIDATE.......

Post by greg »

fledy wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:20 pm Michael Nsien will be a great choice to coach the SE! This guy is legit! Understands the game, can develop a the SE brand and make into something special. Michael is brilliant & knows what it takes to get SE where it needs to be. I am a bit biased 'cos I know him very well.
What can you tell us about the transfer of a couple of 9ja players to Tulsa during his reign? There was Solomon Kwambe and one other dude. Both were known junks, and didn't hack it as expected.
User avatar
waka-man
Egg
Egg
Posts: 5200
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:49 pm
Re: WHY Michael Nsien could possibly become the COMPROMISE CANDIDATE.......

Post by waka-man »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:32 am Michael Nsien is an American coach who has coached both men and boys’ football in America may be trend up in the imaginary no-holds barred fight for national Manager of the Super Eagles. His parents are Nigerians, and it matters.
We know that there is an increasingly entrenched divide within the NFF Board on who next should manage the Super Eagles. The increasing media leaks that include kite flying to test the public “waters” and the use of stooges to boost or damage key figures will be even more ramped up in the coming days. That always is the way it is in this death-wise struggle for who should be the next Manager of Nigeria. https://www.afrik-foot.com/en-ng/next-n ... head-coachThe Dankaro House in Abuja must be a beehive with the undergirded campaigns.

Image
Michael Nsien: Compromise candidate?

Finidi George, the erstwhile Assistant to departed Manager Jose Peseiro was given the chance to manage the team on interim basis, over two games, against Top-10 African teams. He won one game but lost the next. That very loss has given the foreign manager-bloc [https://newtelegraphng.com/eagles-job-a ... -collapse/]within the NFF a chance to fight back and the bloc will take it and massage it. Those who have entrenched for a local coach have suffered a setback but they have a trump card still. Make no mistake about it.

What is that trump card, you ask?
There is the issue of depleting NFF coffers, the “hammer” held by a Sports Minister, and there is a reminder that finding a successful foreign manager is not an easy one. We will get reminders of Johaness Bonfrere’s failure on the way to the 2002 World Cup when disastrous capitulations in Monrovia and Freetown had to be rescued with little to spare by the late Shuaibu Amodu. But if all else fails, there is always the option of Michael Nsen.

Michael Nsien will be and is the compromise. Michael Nsien is born to Nigerian parents, speaks like the revered “foreigner” that is always worshipped. :rotf: Importantly, he has overseen the development of youths in America, a country ranked 13 by FIFA. Nigeria’s rank? No. 28 by FIFA. Michael Nsien fits the part. Those entrenched for the local coach will accept him and those baying for a foreign coach will take the bait. Importantly, he will fit the wage scale and eye the job as a veritable stepping stone for something bigger in the future just the way previous managers have done.

Just, my tuppence.
God forbid bad thing. Stick with Finidi if this nobody is the alternative because he’s coached… Tulsa !!!???

We’re moving from the sublime to the ridiculous.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
User avatar
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Posts: 50244
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:03 pm
Location: The Kingdom
Re: WHY Michael Nsien could possibly become the COMPROMISE CANDIDATE.......

Post by Lolly »

greg wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:58 am
fledy wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:20 pm Michael Nsien will be a great choice to coach the SE! This guy is legit! Understands the game, can develop a the SE brand and make into something special. Michael is brilliant & knows what it takes to get SE where it needs to be. I am a bit biased 'cos I know him very well.
What can you tell us about the transfer of a couple of 9ja players to Tulsa during his reign? There was Solomon Kwambe and one other dude. Both were known junks, and didn't hack it as expected.
One of Keshi’s boys.

How can he be junk in the USL after playing for the SE?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
User avatar
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 12240
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:50 pm
Re: WHY Michael Nsien could possibly become the COMPROMISE CANDIDATE.......

Post by ugly boy »

packerland wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:41 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:46 am The Locos are in a state of panic after the Mali game. What is a compromise candidate and what is being compromised
?
A compromised candidate is one that has been Salisued by agents or the NFF.
Gbam
User avatar
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 43768
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:41 am
Re: WHY Michael Nsien could possibly become the COMPROMISE CANDIDATE.......

Post by wanaj0 »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:56 am
wanaj0 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:40 pm
fledy wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:20 pm Michael Nsien will be a great choice to coach the SE! This guy is legit! Understands the game, can develop a the SE brand and make into something special. Michael is brilliant & knows what it takes to get SE where it needs to be. I am a bit biased 'cos I know him very well.
Why is he not coaching the US national team?
wanajO,

So if na you dey coach USA national team, you will leave that and downgrade to coach Nigeria? you got to be kidding! No way!!!
I am asking why he is not good enough to be coach of the US National team.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 23720
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Re: WHY Michael Nsien could possibly become the COMPROMISE CANDIDATE.......

Post by Enugu II »

wanaj0 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:16 pm
Enugu II wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:56 am
wanaj0 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:40 pm
fledy wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:20 pm Michael Nsien will be a great choice to coach the SE! This guy is legit! Understands the game, can develop a the SE brand and make into something special. Michael is brilliant & knows what it takes to get SE where it needs to be. I am a bit biased 'cos I know him very well.
Why is he not coaching the US national team?
wanajO,

So if na you dey coach USA national team, you will leave that and downgrade to coach Nigeria? you got to be kidding! No way!!!
I am asking why he is not good enough to be coach of the US National team.
Wanaj0

But the US national team job is not open, is it? It has time be [1] open, and [2] it has to depend on the Federation's process for hiring and whether that Federation will consider him as the person for the job.

In the case of Nigeria, both [1] and [2] are true to a large extent. What is unknown yet is whether tge Nigerian Federation considers him the person for the job.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics

Post Reply