FINIDI GEORGE IS A TERRIBLE COACH

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: FINIDI GEORGE IS A TERRIBLE COACH

Post by ohenhen1 »

You cant judge a coach based on friendly matches. The team was not at full strength. Coaches rarely display any technical plan in friendlies. Also players don't take it seriously. That is why they were just passing the ball around and passing the ball backwards. And it would be foolish for a coach to show SA what he is going to do. Let
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

I always think the coach has the right to field his team. I am a big Finidi (the player) fan. That said two things bothered me about the two Finidi games
1) The narrative that he is our best winger ever and at one time the best in the world does not mean he will be a great coach. Some of the best coaches were mediocre players and some of the best players are mediocre coaches.
2) It must feel awful to travel from around the world for two friendly games with at least 10 subs allowed and a coach not really make any effort to use them. We can defend it all we want but the players affected have a right to feel sour. These were friendlies and it was not fair
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

kawawa wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:10 pm I always think the coach has the right to field his team. I am a big Finidi (the player) fan. That said two things bothered me about the two Finidi games
1) The narrative that he is our best winger ever and at one time the best in the world does not mean he will be a great coach. Some of the best coaches were mediocre players and some of the best players are mediocre coaches.
2) It must feel awful to travel from around the world for two friendly games with at least 10 subs allowed and a coach not really make any effort to use them. We can defend it all we want but the players affected have a right to feel sour. These were friendlies and it was not fair
1, There have been many great players that have been great coaches. Pep Guidiorla was a Barcelona legend and Spain legend. He is now arguably the best coach in the world.
2. Some people on this forum didn't want new players to be called up. They wanted to work on chemistry. I made a lineup of a new 11 that included Uzoho on this site. They rubbished it and said Nwabili should play against Mali. But once the game is over. We now seeing people attacking Finidi for not making enough subs. We don't know what happened in training. Not every one is guaranteed that they will play. But the coach saw them in training. You also had injuries and ramadan.

Umar, Yusuf didn't play because of Ramadan
Uzoho and Ojo are backup goalkeepers should have played to see what we have in the backups. But the coach saw them in training. You also had known WOWO advocating against the involvement of both prior to the game. But now are wondering why they didn't play. 5

I don't know why Bashiru and Tella didn't play. I am not going to speculate. But the coach saw them in training.

So
Nwabili, Taminu, Osayi, Omeruo, Awaziem, Bassey, Ajayi, Collins, Onyemachi, Iwobi, Onyedika, Onyeka, Iwobi, Ndidi, Moses, Dessers, Iheanacho, Lookman.

played.

17 out of 23 players saw game time. The rest trained with the team. Lets be fair and consistent in the criticism.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

You wanted a host of brand new players which makes no sense. We said the coach may want to use the main players to build chemistry. But that doesn’t mean you don’t give players that are newer to the team a few minutes of play in two freaking games to get them feeling more comfortable with the team and not feeling like they wanted their time. I mean these are friendlies after all. If you are not going to give them PT in a friendly is it a do or die qualifier that you will blood them in?

And can you just stop mentioning Ramadan, what don’t you understand that Malis team are all Muslims and played and whooped us. If Sadiq is mad he didn’t get any PT then clearly he wanted to and expected to play. If they can’t play due to Ramadan then why invite them? Don’t you realize how down right stupid that argument is?! Like just stop…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:38 pm You wanted a host of brand new players which makes no sense. We said the coach may want to use the main players to build chemistry. But that doesn’t mean you don’t give players that are newer to the team a few minutes of play in two freaking games to get them feeling more comfortable with the team and not feeling like they wanted their time. I mean these are friendlies after all. If you are not going to give them PT in a friendly is it a do or die qualifier that you will blood them in?

And can you just stop mentioning Ramadan, what don’t you understand that Malis team are all Muslims and played and whooped us. If Sadiq is mad he didn’t get any PT then clearly he wanted to and expected to play. If they can’t play due to Ramadan then why invite them? Don’t you realize how down right stupid that argument is?! Like just stop…
Friendlies are meant to test new players. I would have played Dessers 180 minutes. Lookman would have gotten a total of 30 minutes. We already know what Lookman can do. I would have played Nwabili for only 45 minutes. Uzoho would have gotten most of the minutes. I would have called up Eletu, Akinsamiro and etc.

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Ohenhen no offense intended,

But are you dyslexic or something?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:20 am Ohenhen no offense intended,

When WOWO have nothing to say. This is what they do. I will just start ignoring your post.

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:20 am Ohenhen no offense intended,

Something is wrong with Ohenohen.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:38 pm You wanted a host of brand new players which makes no sense. We said the coach may want to use the main players to build chemistry. But that doesn’t mean you don’t give players that are newer to the team a few minutes of play in two freaking games to get them feeling more comfortable with the team and not feeling like they wanted their time. I mean these are friendlies after all. If you are not going to give them PT in a friendly is it a do or die qualifier that you will blood them in?

The guy Ohenhen is a complete clown.

But it's even worse.

These people are straight up dishonest.

They will lie and lie all to push their agenda of "local coach at all costs"

How can he keep talking about Ramadan with a straight face.

These people are dishonest and the lust for a local coach is all that matters.

They don't care if we fail to qualify for a second consecutive world cup.

That's how twisted they are.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:09 am

But it's even worse.

I can't take anything you say seriously anymore. After I saw that post about you supporting Ivory coast. Are you even a Nigerian?

highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:34 am
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:09 am

But it's even worse.

I can't take anything you say seriously anymore. After I saw that post about you supporting Ivory coast. Are you even a Nigerian?
Believe me, he is not ethnically Nigerian. He may have spent part of his life in Nigeria and thus by default has an affinity with the SE. But be rest assured he is not ethnically Nigerian. That is why he anonymously hide spewing his anti Nigerian sentiments
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:13 pm
kawawa wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:10 pm I always think the coach has the right to field his team. I am a big Finidi (the player) fan. That said two things bothered me about the two Finidi games
1, There have been many great players that have been great coaches. Pep Guidiorla was a Barcelona legend and Spain legend. He is now arguably the best coach in the world.
2. Some people on this forum didn't want new players to be called up. They wanted to work on chemistry. I made a lineup of a new 11 that included Uzoho on this site. They rubbished it and said Nwabili should play against Mali. But once the game is over. We now seeing people attacking Finidi for not making enough subs. We don't know what happened in training. Not every one is guaranteed that they will play. But the coach saw them in training. You also had injuries and ramadan.

Uzoho and Ojo are backup goalkeepers should have played to see what we have in the backups. But the coach saw them in training. You also had known WOWO advocating against the involvement of both prior to the game. But now are wondering why they didn't play. 5

I don't know why Bashiru and Tella didn't play. I am not going to speculate. But the coach saw them in training.

So
Nwabili, Taminu, Osayi, Omeruo, Awaziem, Bassey, Ajayi, Collins, Onyemachi, Iwobi, Onyedika, Onyeka, Iwobi, Ndidi, Moses, Dessers, Iheanacho, Lookman.

played.

17 out of 23 players saw game time. The rest trained with the team. Lets be fair and consistent in the criticism.
You are one of the most foolish guys on this forum. In your heart of hearts, you know why Finidi did not start our best players and did not adequately use subs when we were down in a friendly match. Keep burying your head in the sand. Clowns like you are part of the reason Nigeria is the way it is..
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Schillachi wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:17 pm

So

played.

You are one of the most foolish guys on this forum. In your heart of hearts, you know why Finidi did not start our best players and did not adequately use subs when we were down in a friendly match. Keep burying your head in the sand. Clowns like you are part of the reason Nigeria is the way it is..
I am not a clown that speculates about things he doesn't know.

kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

So

played.

Dude regarding your first point. I wrote in pretty plain English. I never said there are no great players that make great coaches. I said SOME dont and also SOME mediocre players also make great coaches so not sure what the point you are making is.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

So after Sadiq and Lookman had problems with Finidi

Now according to Owngoal Nathan Tellas agent said that his player did not feel wanted by coach and was ignored and not even encouraged at all.

This is the clown coach that some of you want to curse the SE with.

You people do not wish SE well.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

All these calculated attempts to stop Finidi from being the substantive Coach of SE.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Not every one will be happy. it is part of the sport. 17 out of 23 players got minutes. The NFF need to stop undermining the coach. Stop going around telling players while they are in camp that they will soon get a foreign coach. Also appoint assistants to help the coach. Nigeria is developing a generation of weak minded aje butter footballers. So after one game. Players are running to the media through their agents complaining about playing time. My advice to them is to contact the directly and ask why they didn't play and work on their game.

Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

fabio wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:09 pm All these calculated attempts to stop Finidi from being the substantive Coach of SE.
Stop disgracing yourself with this nonsense. I was Finidi's biggest supporter before the friendly and after the Ghana match. Even gave him the benefit of the doubt for this questionable starting lineup for the Ghana match. But his lineup for the Mali match, his substitutions and lack of, during the Mali match, coupled with the previous history that he was fighting with one of the SE players for the jersey of an opponent player, has shown me enough that he lacks integrity.

Why these local coaches continue to sabotage themselves is what I don't understand. The only one amongst them i.e. Oliseh that is principled and has no integrity issues, ran away because he said he was being jazzed...
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

fabio wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:09 pm All these calculated attempts to stop Finidi from being the substantive Coach of SE.
Na Finidi cause am. He has given people reasons to doubt his ability to "manage" the team.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."