All things considered, our best and safest starting XI right now

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
All things considered, our best and safest starting XI right now

Post by Tobi17 »

Especially if we hope to make the world cup in our murky fixtures against tough opponents in South Africa and Benin republic. A new (experienced) coach who will be gutsy enough to approach both games with a 4-3-3 will be the safest bet, could care less if he's another oyinbo journeyman at this point. I'll take Antonio Conceicao if he's ready and available.

Nwabili

Ekong
Bassey
Aina
Sanusi?

Iwobi
Onyeka
Ndidi/Onyedika

Victor Osimhen/Boniface
Lookman
Nathan Tella
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: All things considered, our best and safest starting XI right now

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:43 am Especially if we hope to make the world cup in our murky fixtures against tough opponents in South Africa and Benin republic. A new (experienced) coach who will be gutsy enough to approach both games with a 4-3-3 will be the safest bet, could care less if he's another oyinbo journeyman at this point. I'll take Antonio Conceicao if he's ready and available.

Nwabili

Ekong
Bassey
Aina
Sanusi?

Iwobi
Onyeka
Ndidi/Onyedika

Victor Osimhen/Boniface
Lookman
Nathan Tella
It's hard to argue with that.

Although with both Victor's healthy I would like to try a 352.

We should get into the habit of switching back and forth between 433 and 352 depending on opponents and players at our disposal.

The good thing is the midfield trio will remain unchanged. The team must be built on the midfield.

Since Iwobi kept moving back, (often further behind than both Ndidi, Onyeka/Onyedika. I would like to try a more attacking and dynamic midfield trio with Iwobi at CM, one of Ndidi/Onyedika at DM, and one of Lookman, Tella, Bashiru at AM. Lookman especially in a 352.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:43 am Especially if we hope to make the world cup in our murky fixtures against tough opponents in South Africa and Benin republic. A new (experienced) coach who will be gutsy enough to approach both games with a 4-3-3 will be the safest bet, could care less if he's another oyinbo journeyman at this point. I'll take Antonio Conceicao if he's ready and available.

Nwabili

Ekong
Bassey
Aina
Sanusi?

Iwobi
Onyeka
Ndidi/Onyedika

Victor Osimhen/Boniface
Lookman
Nathan Tella
I like the lineup and formation. I think we should play 4-3-3 and 3-5-2 depending on the opponent. My other preference is the 3-4-2-1 that Bayern Leverkusen plays. The problem is that we don't have 2 AMs in the form of Wirtz and Hlozek. It's Iwobi and no one else based on the guys they're calling up. That is why we have to maximize these fiendlies to see what we got in the like of Bashiru & company. Tella subs for Frimpong and is holding his own most of the time and that boy should be getting game time for the SE.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Nice line up but Sanusi cannot be available before September. An ACL tear cannot heal that fast.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

It’s the same team Pesseiro was ran out of town for only winning silver for. Instead of consolidating and improving the team we’re now back to square one because he was Oyibo. It only took 2 friendly games to Oleg everything the man worked on. Nigerians truly are a destructive people.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:16 pm It’s the same team Pesseiro was ran out of town for only winning silver for. Instead of consolidating and improving the team we’re now back to square one because he was Oyibo. It only took 2 friendly games to Oleg everything the man worked on. Nigerians truly are a destructive people.
The same team Pisseiro severely handicapped with his gbomo-gbomo ultra defensive tactics? Do you know how lethal this line up can be under a very gutsy coach that can effectively bring out the best of the attacking potentials?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:19 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:16 pm It’s the same team Pesseiro was ran out of town for only winning silver for. Instead of consolidating and improving the team we’re now back to square one because he was Oyibo. It only took 2 friendly games to Oleg everything the man worked on. Nigerians truly are a destructive people.
The same team Pisseiro severely handicapped with his gbomo-gbomo ultra defensive tactics? Do you know how lethal this line up can be under a very gutsy coach that can effectively bring out the best of the attacking potentials?
Well. Now you have an attacking coach in Finidi who played a more attractive game but conceded 3 goals in 2 games, now you don’t like him either. Btw, who is gonna dazzle in MF with Ndidi and Onyeka?
You think playing attacking football na beans? Iwobi is not the type of AM that depends on quick passing not breaking teams down. Smart teams will cut him off and feast on the rest. Theres a reason why the playmaker position is a relic from the 90s.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nwabili

Ekong
Bassey
Aina
Sanusi?

Iwobi
Onyeka
Ndidi/Onyedika

Victor Osimhen/Boniface
Lookman
Nathan Tella
Stop posting rubbish formations. I will sink and swim with Finidi George.

Nwabili
Tosin, Ajayi, Bassey
Tella, Ndidi, Iwobi, Onyeka, Aina
Boniface, Osimhen

If the coach needs to switch a 433. Lookman will come in for Tella. Aina will move to right back.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx