HERVE RENARD ready for likes of Nigeria....can Nigeria wait? Can Nigeria pay?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
HERVE RENARD ready for likes of Nigeria....can Nigeria wait? Can Nigeria pay?

Post by Enugu II »

Here comes a true difference maker and not just the tolken European. The question is: Does the NFF have the funds to pay him?
2026 FIFA World Cup: Two-time AFCON-winning coach Hervé Renard ready to dump France for Nigeria?
https://soccernet.ng/2024/03/2026-fifa- ... geria.html
The former Zambia and Cote d'Ivoire tactician is targeting another appearance at the Mundial with a men's national team
Imhons Erons by Imhons Erons 13 hours ago in AFCON, Global Soccer, Ligue 1, News, NewsNow, Nigeria, This Week, Top,

Head coach of the France women’s national team Hervé Renard has stated that he will step down from the role after the Paris Olympic Games later this year, Soccernet.ng reports.

Renard will look to guide Les Bleues to their first gold medal finish at the Summer Olympics, after which he wants to work on taking a men’s national team to the 2026 FIFA World Cup.

The former Cannes defender revealed he has communicated his desire to leave to the Football Federation as he aims to make his third coaching appearance at the Mundial.

“It’s a difficult job,” Renard said, as per GFNF.

“If I had to be brief, I have in the back of my mind the 2026 World Cup in men’s football; I hope that it will be my third World Cup at the head of a men’s team. These are my personal motivations.”
Nigeria target Renard?
According to L’Equipe, Nigeria are one of the suitors looking to appoint Hervé Renard as head coach of the Super Eagles.

Jose Peseiro left the position earlier this month after leading Nigeria to a commendable second-place finish at the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations in Cote d’Ivoire.

Former international Finidi George, who served as Peseiro’s assistant, handled the team on an interim basis for the country’s two friendly games against Ghana and Mali last week.

Finidi is also one of the leading candidates, together with Emmanuel Amunike, Michael Nsien, and Ndubuisi Egbo, to be named as Peseiro’s successor.

However, the NFF remains open to appointing a foreign coach to manage the national team, leaving the door open for Renard to secure the Super Eagles job.

Nigeria will face stiff opposition to securing Renard, though, as the 55-year-old Frenchman is also reportedly a target of Poland, South Korea, Cameroon, Nigeria, and even Morocco.

Why is Renard the most sought-after coach in Africa?
Born Hervé Jean-Marie Roger Renard in France on 30 September 1968, his coaching career began in his country of birth in 1999 after a less-than-spectacular playing career.

Renard handled a few lower-league French clubs before landing in Africa in 2007 after he was asked to serve as assistant to Claude Le Roy for the Ghana national team.

The following year, Renard was appointed manager of the Zambia national team, and he led the Chipolopolo to the quarterfinals of the 2010 AFCON – the country’s highest finish in 14 years.

He left and returned shortly after to guide Zambia to claim their first-ever AFCON title in 2012.

Cote d’Ivoire liked what they saw in Renard, and they appointed him the manager of the Elephants ahead of the 2015 AFCON.

Renard won the competition with Ivory Coast to become the first coach to win two Africa Cup of Nations with different countries.

The former Lille manager helped Morocco qualify for the 2018 FIFA World Cup to make his first appearance at the Mundial.

Renard became Saudi Arabia’s coach in 2019 and led the Arabian Falcons to make it to the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, where they beat eventual winners Argentina in their first match.

He was CAF Coach of the Year thrice in 2012, 2015, and 2018.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: HERVE RENARD ready for likes of Nigeria....can Nigeria wait? Can Nigeria pay?

Post by Bigpokey24 »

our games are in June, The Olympics are in July ,August

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: HERVE RENARD ready for likes of Nigeria....can Nigeria wait? Can Nigeria pay?

Post by Cmoke »

When Bobo was begging to coach us after he left as Ghana's assistant coach.

NFF laughed at him and called him a glorified personal trainer.

He never forgave us!

Enugu II wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:39 am Here comes a true difference maker and not just the tolken European. The question is: Does the NFF have the funds to pay him?
2026 FIFA World Cup: Two-time AFCON-winning coach Hervé Renard ready to dump France for Nigeria?
The former Zambia and Cote d'Ivoire tactician is targeting another appearance at the Mundial with a men's national team
Imhons Erons by Imhons Erons 13 hours ago in AFCON, Global Soccer, Ligue 1, News, NewsNow, Nigeria, This Week, Top,

Head coach of the France women’s national team Hervé Renard has stated that he will step down from the role after the Paris Olympic Games later this year, Soccernet.ng reports.

Renard will look to guide Les Bleues to their first gold medal finish at the Summer Olympics, after which he wants to work on taking a men’s national team to the 2026 FIFA World Cup.

The former Cannes defender revealed he has communicated his desire to leave to the Football Federation as he aims to make his third coaching appearance at the Mundial.

“If I had to be brief, I have in the back of my mind the 2026 World Cup in men’s football; I hope that it will be my third World Cup at the head of a men’s team. These are my personal motivations.”
Nigeria target Renard?
According to L’Equipe, Nigeria are one of the suitors looking to appoint Hervé Renard as head coach of the Super Eagles.

Jose Peseiro left the position earlier this month after leading Nigeria to a commendable second-place finish at the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations in Cote d’Ivoire.

Former international Finidi George, who served as Peseiro’s assistant, handled the team on an interim basis for the country’s two friendly games against Ghana and Mali last week.

Finidi is also one of the leading candidates, together with Emmanuel Amunike, Michael Nsien, and Ndubuisi Egbo, to be named as Peseiro’s successor.

However, the NFF remains open to appointing a foreign coach to manage the national team, leaving the door open for Renard to secure the Super Eagles job.

Nigeria will face stiff opposition to securing Renard, though, as the 55-year-old Frenchman is also reportedly a target of Poland, South Korea, Cameroon, Nigeria, and even Morocco.

Born Hervé Jean-Marie Roger Renard in France on 30 September 1968, his coaching career began in his country of birth in 1999 after a less-than-spectacular playing career.

Renard handled a few lower-league French clubs before landing in Africa in 2007 after he was asked to serve as assistant to Claude Le Roy for the Ghana national team.

The following year, Renard was appointed manager of the Zambia national team, and he led the Chipolopolo to the quarterfinals of the 2010 AFCON – the country’s highest finish in 14 years.

He left and returned shortly after to guide Zambia to claim their first-ever AFCON title in 2012.

Cote d’Ivoire liked what they saw in Renard, and they appointed him the manager of the Elephants ahead of the 2015 AFCON.

Renard won the competition with Ivory Coast to become the first coach to win two Africa Cup of Nations with different countries.

The former Lille manager helped Morocco qualify for the 2018 FIFA World Cup to make his first appearance at the Mundial.

Renard became Saudi Arabia’s coach in 2019 and led the Arabian Falcons to make it to the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, where they beat eventual winners Argentina in their first match.

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

can NFF afford him?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I just do not believe the NFF can afford him. If the NFF can, then I would not mind having Finidi as Interim until this guy is available. Renard is the real thing and has proven it multiple times.

This guy is a no-brainer and not the journeymen Europeans littered all over Africa seeking an easy pay day.
Last edited by Enugu II on Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He is not the guy they are targeting. Too expensive and under contract with France. It is between Trenton, Concecao and Concalves. It doesnt matter who they get. Nigeria will not qualify for the WC.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Waste of money. Nigeria already have a good coach in Finidi. Support him.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:25 am I just do not believe the NFF can afford him. If the NFF can, then I would not mind having Finidi as Interim until this guy is available. Renard is the real thing and has proven it multiple times.

This guy is a no-brainer and not the journeymen Europeans littered all over Africa seeking an easy pay day.
So we should slave Finidi until Renard is available? Warrahel! Who is Renard? Why is he relegated to the women's team in France? Abeg men he go siddom joor.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:42 am Waste of money. Nigeria already have a good coach in Finidi. Support him.
TOTALLY AGREE

No foreign coach (not even Guardolia, Klopp or Mourinho) is needed because he cannot significantly alter the fortunes of the SE - only infusion of elite talent would do that. It just so happens that a local coach is better able to do this than a foreigner who does not even know how many states Nigeria has and knows nothing about the high schools or playgrounds where the talents are budding. Is it a coincidence that Osimhen was discovered by Amunike?

If these celebrated foreign coaches can turn Nigeria into a legitimate world cup threat, money would not be a problem: there are enough rich Nigerians able and willing to meet the financial demands.

If Finidi is not the man, there are other Nigerians (or better yet, a well structured consortium). And let the players know it so that they would not try to sabotage or disrespect the coach thinking that that would bring in their foreign coach. Any player (and I mean any) who does not want to play for a Nigerian should stay the heck away.
Bell
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

What makes him so special? What has he won at the world stsge?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:39 am Here comes a true difference maker and not just the tolken European. The question is: Does the NFF have the funds to pay him?

Nigeria target Renard?

What was Hervé Renard’s resume when he led Zambia to the AFCON title? He was just another European journeyman without any pedigree.
After winning AFCON a 2nd time with CIV, he took up a job in Ligue one with Lille and was fired after disastrous results.
Unlike the Rohr and Peseiro, who both had pedigree at European club level, Renard has none and his latest claim to fame was beating eventual world champions, Argentina, in their opening match at the Qatar WC and being eliminated in the first round.
So this is the type of world class European coach, who is so good that he is now coaching women, that you would support Nigeria hiring?
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

The summary is: He wants to go to a 3rd World Cup.

Nigeria seems to be the Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) to achieve his dream.

After the WC, he leaves and we are back to square one.

When are we going to start appointing coaches for development, not for tournament.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Dammy wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:58 am

Nigeria target Renard?

What was Hervé Renard’s resume when he led Zambia to the AFCON title? He was just another European journeyman without any pedigree.
After winning AFCON a 2nd time with CIV, he took up a job in Ligue one with Lille and was fired after disastrous results.
Unlike the Rohr and Peseiro, who both had pedigree at European club level, Renard has none and his latest claim to fame was beating eventual world champions, Argentina, in their opening match at the Qatar WC and being eliminated in the first round.
So this is the type of world class European coach, who is so good that he is now coaching women, that you would support Nigeria hiring?
Strange. Your post actually makes the case for him.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The YeyeMan wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:51 am

Nigeria target Renard?

Well, if that’s how you interpret it
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:59 am

Nigeria target Renard?

Dammy,

Thanks for what you added on Herve Renard. You missed his AFCON win with Ivory Coast.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:29 pm

Nigeria target Renard?

Dammy,

Thanks for what you added on Herve Renard. You missed his AFCON win with Ivory Coast.
Read again!
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:45 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:29 pm

Nigeria target Renard?

Dammy,

Read again!
Dammy

I missed that but thanks for making the case. Unfortunately, I do not think our NFF can afford him. Perhaps, we will be fortunate.
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:57 am our games are in June, The Olympics are in July ,August

This should end all discussion about Renard. There is no way that the NFF wants to miss back to back World Cups. They are still reeling from the financial consequences of missing the last one.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...we have serious problem in Nigeria football administration. Please hire oyinbo NFA chair let him bring his supporting cast.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It is highly unlikely Nigeria will qualify for the WC. No serious FA is hiring a coach in April.

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:06 pm It is highly unlikely Nigeria will qualify for the WC. No serious FA is hiring a coach in April.
Yeah we will most definitely not qualify with finidi as coach.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:06 pm It is highly unlikely Nigeria will qualify for the WC. No serious FA is hiring a coach in April.

This is one point people keep missing here - the fact that this moronic NFF are waiting till April to appoint a permanent coach. just imagine the stupid logic behind that. It would be even worse if they end of giving the job to someone else other Finidi. Nigeria will not be at the next world cup[/b]. the earlier people here accept it, the better for you cardiac health.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

bret- hart wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:14 pm
Yeah we will most definitely not qualify with finidi as coach.
Nigeria will find it difficult to qualify for the WC with or without Finidi. Nigeria best chance is to keep Finidi. At least Finidi knows the players and already has two friendly games under his belt. Making a change now is stupid and only stupid people behave like the NFF. Most serious FAs hired a coach right after WC 2022, give him a 4 year contract to develop the team. That coach systematically plans out his program for the next WC. NFF think they can hire a coach with no games with the team. First game would be against SA and expect the team to be successful? If they offered me the job. I wouldn't take it. If I was even going to consider it. They would have to pay me a lot of money and make sure the contract terms are favorable.