EXCLUSIVE: Finidi did not invite Sadiq Umar for Super Eagles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

COOKING SPOON
Egg
Egg
EXCLUSIVE: Finidi did not invite Sadiq Umar for Super Eagles

Post by COOKING SPOON »

https://scorenigeria.com.ng/exclusive-f ... er-eagles/

It has been revealed that Real Sociedad striker Sadiq Umar was not one of the players Super Eagles interim coach Finidi George recommended for the friendlies against Mali and Ghana.

The NFF announced a 26-man squad for the friendlies against Mali and Ghana with the understanding that the NFF technical department headed by Augustine Eguavoen compiled this list.

However, it was also understood that Finidi was also asked to make his own contributions to this squad list and in doing so, he did not recommend Sadiq Umar.

Umar.

Sadiq led a protest in camp after he did not get even a minute of game time in the two friendlies.

His inclusion to the Super Eagles has often generated heated debates because more deserving players were overlooked for him.

He is allegedly favoured by the leadership of the NFF and even his fellow teammates revealed that he often brags about this by describing himself as “NFF boy”.

Sadiq also sparked controversy before the recent AFCON when he was ruled out by a knee injury only for the striker to feature for his Spanish club in a cup tie some days later.
They seek him here.
They seek him there.
Moderators seek him everywhere.
They seek him at night
And even at noon
That damn elusive cooking spoon
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Finidi did not invite Sadiq Umar for Super Eagles

Post by Enugu II »

Sadiq will find himself outside looking in. This guy is not even a regular and his absence will not have many complaining.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

It's clear Finidi didn't invite most of the players.

You don't invite players and then give them ZERO minutes over 2 friendlies, even when your team is playing like sheeeeeit.

I believe he likely invited Taminu.

I am just warning you all. Finidi has told you what he will do if he is coach.

He won't invite Tella or Dele Bashiru. Guys like Lookman may not have a key role, if any at all.

He is not interested in these players.

Be ready for more Taminu's in the team at the expense of these players we are all clamoring for.

That is why it is a HELL NO regarding Finidi George.

He intends to turn SE into a business. He wasn't even subtle about what he intends to do, even while under trial.

That really should scare any true genuine fan of SE.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I never thought I will see the day that the NFF get more sense than our coach.

They drew up an OK list.

It's clear if Finidi had 100% control over that list, it would have been horrific.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

That is not true. Finidi didn't recommend anyone or have any contribution in the squad list.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:18 pm I never thought I will see the day that the NFF get more sense than our coach.

They drew up an OK list.

It's clear if Finidi had 100% control over that list, it would have been horrific.
What exactly is wrong with that. The coach should pick the players he wants.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Any coach both local or foreign should have 100 percent control of invites. And I recommend they write it into their contract. At the end of the day he is going to be blamed for failure not Van insanity trying to pick players for the team. If Lookman doesn't fit, the coach should drop him. You can't force a square into a round hole. There is going to be changes whether they keep Finidi or not. Not all of Peseiro players will have a future.

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:15 pm It's clear Finidi didn't invite most of the players.

You don't invite players and then give them ZERO minutes over 2 friendlies, even when your team is playing like sheeeeeit.

He won't invite Tella or Dele Bashiru. Guys like Lookman may not have a key role, if any at all.

Be ready for more Taminu's in the team at the expense of these players we are all clamoring for.

He intends to turn SE into a business. He wasn't even subtle about what he intends to do, even while under trial.

Why must he invite Nathan Tella? Tella’s stats are not more impressive than the stats of any of the front runners. That he might be your favorite doesn’t mean diddly. The same applies to Dele Bashiru🤔❗️

Cheers.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

All these useless stories…
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

You are sounding like an alarmist. You sound like we haven't seen Tella in the Super Eagles before. At some point you lot need to realize that the coaches know more about the players and how they fit into the SE than many of you do watching YouTube clips of them. Everybody was screaming that the reason we didn't win the AFCON was because Enyeadika didn't see any minutes during the tournament. Nobody has come back since the Mali game to say how ordinary he was in the game. But let Finidi not invite him for the next match and watch all hell break lose again. The coaches know better!
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:15 pm It's clear Finidi didn't invite most of the players.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

What I want to know is who invited Dessers?
I am happy
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Dammy wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:59 pm What I want to know is who invited Dessers?
The NFF leaked that it was Peseiro squad list before his contract ran out. Which is a lie. It was the NFF technical committee going off a pool of players they had for Afcon.

joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Why do we love confusing situations? How can a coach not be able to invite players he prefers?
Coach choosing some, while the NFF adds some? Crazy! :???: :shock: :shock: :shock:
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

deanotito wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:30 pm All these useless stories…
:lol:

It must be from Finidi’s people. We have problems.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

I'll take you serious when you write this claptrap with your government name. Some of you idiots feel comfortable to make such allegations anonymously. Tanimu did far better than the likes of Awaziem and Omeruo so I'd like more Tanimu’s in the team. You cretins have started tarnishing the image of another Nigerian coach after just after 2 games. You never accused Peseiro of corruption when he invited a player from Yum Yum FC but there you are because Finidi is a Nigerian. KKK has nothing on you.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

aruako1, this your government name is cool.
aruako1 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:23 pm

I'll take you serious when you write this claptrap with your government name. Some of you idiots feel comfortable to make such allegations anonymously. Tanimu did far better than the likes of Awaziem and Omeruo so I'd like more Tanimu’s in the team. You cretins have started tarnishing the image of another Nigerian coach after just after 2 games. You never accused Peseiro of corruption when he invited a player from Yum Yum FC but there you are because Finidi is a Nigerian. KKK has nothing on you.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Lolly wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:15 pm
deanotito wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:30 pm All these useless stories…
:lol:

It must be from Finidi’s people. We have problems.
Why can't be true? They weren't going to give him the job fulltime so why not spill the beans.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

1naija wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:32 pm aruako1, this your government name is cool.

Thank you for your observation.
NationsCup
Egg
Egg

Post by NationsCup »

Please I think that the NFF should be allowed to do its job. I am sure that things will probably be different if we'd won the match again Mali.

If I may ask what was the former coach's record before Afcon with all the players at his disposal? We're not even sure we'd make it past the group stage. We used the tournament to adapt our formation. For the first time, I was not hopeful for any result prior to Afcon.

I think that Peseiro would probably have stayed if we are in strong position for the world cup!

These things happens everywhere. If Finidi didn't get the job, he'll probably hold his head high and move on.

At least if a strategy didn't work, why not give him the chance to build a new squad and correct obvious lapses. We have seen Germany, England etc get beaten even with top class coaches during the rebuilding process. We don't even have the funds to hire top class coaches.

These rants leaves other better coaches wondering if they should take the job.

What gives the impression that if Baba God is given the chance to manage the team we won't complain. What was the essence of Easter?

President Tinubu once advised the NLC to wait till the next election cycle if they are interested in politics. Please if you are so qualified, you know all the tactics, formations etc, please put in your application. And let the NFF decide.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Aruako1

This isn't surprising. You will see more if a Nigerian becomes manager....suddenly you will see ethnic analysis of invited players, unfounded accusations of bribery, etc.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The problem is not with hiring a Nigerian manager perse. The fact is most Nigerian manager will have to succumb to pressure from Nigerians, especially those that have access to people in top government position. Finidi will not make 100% of his list. If someone with access to the Presidency wants a player in the squad, that player will be in the squad whether Finidi likes it or not. That's the main issue with Nigerian coaches. All of you know this, but you would rather bury your heads in the sand. Finidi, therefore will be a successful coach with Nigeria for this reason. We should stop deceiving ourselves.
Enugu II wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:40 pm

Aruako1

This isn't surprising. You will see more if a Nigerian becomes manager....suddenly you will see ethnic analysis of invited players, unfounded accusations of bribery, etc.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

1naija wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:47 pm The problem is not with hiring a Nigerian manager perse. The fact is most Nigerian manager will have to succumb to pressure from Nigerians, especially those that have access to people in top government position. Finidi will not make 100% of his list. If someone with access to the Presidency wants a player in the squad, that player will be in the squad whether Finidi likes it or not. That's the main issue with Nigerian coaches. All of you know this, but you would rather bury your heads in the sand. Finidi, therefore will be a successful coach with Nigeria for this reason. We should stop deceiving ourselves.

Aruako1

So how did Bameyi get on Peseiro's list? Did he succumb to pressure? Why is he not accused of selling players?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Who said anything about selling players? You just confirmed the issue I raised. If Peseiro can succumb to the pressure of inviting Bameyi, what do you think Finidi will do?
aruako1 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:40 pm
1naija wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:47 pm The problem is not with hiring a Nigerian manager perse. The fact is most Nigerian manager will have to succumb to pressure from Nigerians, especially those that have access to people in top government position. Finidi will not make 100% of his list. If someone with access to the Presidency wants a player in the squad, that player will be in the squad whether Finidi likes it or not. That's the main issue with Nigerian coaches. All of you know this, but you would rather bury your heads in the sand. Finidi, therefore will be a successful coach with Nigeria for this reason. We should stop deceiving ourselves.

Aruako1

So how did Bameyi get on Peseiro's list? Did he succumb to pressure? Why is he not accused of selling players?