Why a Nigerian coach is best suited to coach the SuperEagles…

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

User avatar
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 12414
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Re: Why a Nigeria coach is best suited to coach the SuperEagles…

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

ANC wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:41 am
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:16 am
ANC wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:44 am should go for the best coach that NFF can afford and without regard to race/nationality.
Yours is the typical argument of one who has been brainwashed by neocolonialism. Do you think Chelsea would ever hire a Finidi George to manage their team? I think you know the answer to that. A better question yet is why did they hire Lampard, other than the fact that he’s one of theirs? Lampard isn’t superior to Finidi as a professional in any way shape or form. If you bother to ask Chelsea, they’ll probably tell you that it was because Lampard knew their system inside out. That factor is especially critical when it comes to a national team. In a sane society, you would only hire a foreigner to coach your national team as a last resort, not as the status quo🤔❗️


Cheers.
Mike Emenalo says hello.
SE deserves the best fit coach.
If a Finidi is good enough to compete with a Lampard, he should be good enough for SE too.
Do you have any idea how many protest letters were written against Emenalo at Chelsea? What about Monaco? Why do you think he didn’t stay❓🤔❗️

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/ ... ain-future


Cheers.
User avatar
highbury
Egg
Egg
Posts: 5908
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:05 pm
Re: Why a Nigerian coach is best suited to coach the SuperEagles…

Post by highbury »

ANC is like Vancity. But less offensive. They love their foreigners.
User avatar
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Posts: 50244
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:03 pm
Location: The Kingdom
Re: Why a Nigeria coach is best suited to coach the SuperEagles…

Post by Lolly »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:52 am
ANC wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:41 am
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:16 am
ANC wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:44 am should go for the best coach that NFF can afford and without regard to race/nationality.
Yours is the typical argument of one who has been brainwashed by neocolonialism. Do you think Chelsea would ever hire a Finidi George to manage their team? I think you know the answer to that. A better question yet is why did they hire Lampard, other than the fact that he’s one of theirs? Lampard isn’t superior to Finidi as a professional in any way shape or form. If you bother to ask Chelsea, they’ll probably tell you that it was because Lampard knew their system inside out. That factor is especially critical when it comes to a national team. In a sane society, you would only hire a foreigner to coach your national team as a last resort, not as the status quo🤔❗️


Cheers.
Mike Emenalo says hello.
SE deserves the best fit coach.
If a Finidi is good enough to compete with a Lampard, he should be good enough for SE too.
Do you have any idea how many protest letters were written against Emenalo at Chelsea? What about Monaco? Why do you think he didn’t stay❓🤔❗️

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/ ... ain-future


Cheers.
He was there for 7 years. That is a long tenure in football.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 15966
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Re: Why a Nigerian coach is best suited to coach the SuperEagles…

Post by ANC »

highbury wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:09 pm ANC is like Vancity. But less offensive. They love their foreigners.
:rotf: :rotf:


I am trying to save CE from sounding ignorant.
I live in the West, and I have personal experience how it feels.
It is racist to say, the coach should be only limited to non oyibo!
Let NFF be objective in finding the best fit for SE.
Pep perhaps may be one of the best coaches in the world, but I very much doubt that he would be a good fit for SE.
You should not hire the Amokachis in the name of having a Nigerian coach.
Get the best fit coach that you can afford and provide a level playing field. If you have a problem with that then you should look at the mirror.
User avatar
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 12414
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Re: Why a Nigerian coach is best suited to coach the SuperEagles…

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

ANC wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:33 pm
highbury wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:09 pm ANC is like Vancity. But less offensive. They love their foreigners.
:rotf: :rotf:


I am trying to save CE from sounding ignorant.
I live in the West, and I have personal experience how it feels.
It is racist to say, the coach should be only limited to non oyibo!
Let NFF be objective in finding the best fit for SE.
Pep perhaps may be one of the best coaches in the world, but I very much doubt that he would be a good fit for SE.
You should not hire the Amokachis in the name of having a Nigerian coach.
Get the best fit coach that you can afford and provide a level playing field. If you have a problem with that then you should look at the mirror.
“Best fit coach” doesn’t mean anything since you haven’t defined what it means. You’re basically just talking nonsense🤔❗️


Cheers.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 15966
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Re: Why a Nigerian coach is best suited to coach the SuperEagles…

Post by ANC »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:59 pm
ANC wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:33 pm
highbury wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:09 pm ANC is like Vancity. But less offensive. They love their foreigners.
:rotf: :rotf:


I am trying to save CE from sounding ignorant.
I live in the West, and I have personal experience how it feels.
It is racist to say, the coach should be only limited to non oyibo!
Let NFF be objective in finding the best fit for SE.
Pep perhaps may be one of the best coaches in the world, but I very much doubt that he would be a good fit for SE.
You should not hire the Amokachis in the name of having a Nigerian coach.
Get the best fit coach that you can afford and provide a level playing field. If you have a problem with that then you should look at the mirror.
Best fit coach” doesn’t mean anything since you haven’t defined what it means. You’re basically just talking nonsense🤔❗️


Cheers.
A best-fit coach is needed to be able to culturally adapt to Nigeria's unique way of doing things while implementing effective football game/team strategy. Pep Guardiola, many argue, is one of the best, but would he be able to deal with the dysfunctional family called Nigeria? Bros, feel free to sound parochial; it's not my business. I am a fan of Finidi. However, I did not watch the Mali game, and I do not know the circumstances under which he operated during the game. Many are calling for his head because of the game. I need more information available to me to argue against them. You are mistakenly thinking I am calling for a foreign coach.
User avatar
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 12414
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Re: Why a Nigerian coach is best suited to coach the SuperEagles…

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

ANC wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:27 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:59 pm
ANC wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:33 pm
highbury wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:09 pm ANC is like Vancity. But less offensive. They love their foreigners.
:rotf: :rotf:


I am trying to save CE from sounding ignorant.
I live in the West, and I have personal experience how it feels.
It is racist to say, the coach should be only limited to non oyibo!
Let NFF be objective in finding the best fit for SE.
Pep perhaps may be one of the best coaches in the world, but I very much doubt that he would be a good fit for SE.
You should not hire the Amokachis in the name of having a Nigerian coach.
Get the best fit coach that you can afford and provide a level playing field. If you have a problem with that then you should look at the mirror.
Best fit coach” doesn’t mean anything since you haven’t defined what it means. You’re basically just talking nonsense🤔❗️


Cheers.
A best-fit coach is needed to be able to culturally adapt to Nigeria's unique way of doing things while implementing effective football game/team strategy. Pep Guardiola, many argue, is one of the best, but would he be able to deal with the dysfunctional family called Nigeria? Bros, feel free to sound parochial; it's not my business. I am a fan of Finidi. However, I did not watch the Mali game, and I do not know the circumstances under which he operated during the game. Many are calling for his head because of the game. I need more information available to me to argue against them. You are mistakenly thinking I am calling for a foreign coach.
You are talking a lot but saying absolutely nothing. We know a best fit coach is needed but how do you determine the best fit without a trial? And then there is the contradiction in your statements. First, you claim it is racist to limit the opportunity to non oyibos then you say the best fit coach is one that can adapt to Nigeria's unique way of doing things while implementing effective football game/team strategy. Who is better suited to that than a consummate Nigerian professional who grew up in the system and knows the system inside out?

It seems to me you’re more consumed with demonstrating your intelligence than actually saying something that makes any kind of sense🤔❗️


Cheers.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 15966
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Re: Why a Nigerian coach is best suited to coach the SuperEagles…

Post by ANC »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:45 pm
ANC wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:27 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:59 pm
ANC wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:33 pm
highbury wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:09 pm ANC is like Vancity. But less offensive. They love their foreigners.
:rotf: :rotf:


I am trying to save CE from sounding ignorant.
I live in the West, and I have personal experience how it feels.
It is racist to say, the coach should be only limited to non oyibo!
Let NFF be objective in finding the best fit for SE.
Pep perhaps may be one of the best coaches in the world, but I very much doubt that he would be a good fit for SE.
You should not hire the Amokachis in the name of having a Nigerian coach.
Get the best fit coach that you can afford and provide a level playing field. If you have a problem with that then you should look at the mirror.
Best fit coach” doesn’t mean anything since you haven’t defined what it means. You’re basically just talking nonsense🤔❗️


Cheers.
A best-fit coach is needed to be able to culturally adapt to Nigeria's unique way of doing things while implementing effective football game/team strategy. Pep Guardiola, many argue, is one of the best, but would he be able to deal with the dysfunctional family called Nigeria? Bros, feel free to sound parochial; it's not my business. I am a fan of Finidi. However, I did not watch the Mali game, and I do not know the circumstances under which he operated during the game. Many are calling for his head because of the game. I need more information available to me to argue against them. You are mistakenly thinking I am calling for a foreign coach.
You are talking a lot but saying absolutely nothing. We know a best fit coach is needed but how do you determine the best fit without a trial? And then there is the contradiction in your statements. First, you claim it is racist to limit the opportunity to non oyibos then you say the best fit coach is one that can adapt to Nigeria's unique way of doing things while implementing effective football game/team strategy. Who is better suited to that than a consummate Nigerian professional who grew up in the system and knows the system inside out?

It seems to me you’re more consumed with demonstrating your intelligence than actually saying something that makes any kind of sense🤔❗️


Cheers.
Clemens Westerhof says hello.
User avatar
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 12414
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Re: Why a Nigerian coach is best suited to coach the SuperEagles…

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

ANC wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:56 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:45 pm
ANC wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:27 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:59 pm
ANC wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:33 pm
highbury wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:09 pm ANC is like Vancity. But less offensive. They love their foreigners.
:rotf: :rotf:


I am trying to save CE from sounding ignorant.
I live in the West, and I have personal experience how it feels.
It is racist to say, the coach should be only limited to non oyibo!
Let NFF be objective in finding the best fit for SE.
Pep perhaps may be one of the best coaches in the world, but I very much doubt that he would be a good fit for SE.
You should not hire the Amokachis in the name of having a Nigerian coach.
Get the best fit coach that you can afford and provide a level playing field. If you have a problem with that then you should look at the mirror.
Best fit coach” doesn’t mean anything since you haven’t defined what it means. You’re basically just talking nonsense🤔❗️


Cheers.
A best-fit coach is needed to be able to culturally adapt to Nigeria's unique way of doing things while implementing effective football game/team strategy. Pep Guardiola, many argue, is one of the best, but would he be able to deal with the dysfunctional family called Nigeria? Bros, feel free to sound parochial; it's not my business. I am a fan of Finidi. However, I did not watch the Mali game, and I do not know the circumstances under which he operated during the game. Many are calling for his head because of the game. I need more information available to me to argue against them. You are mistakenly thinking I am calling for a foreign coach.
You are talking a lot but saying absolutely nothing. We know a best fit coach is needed but how do you determine the best fit without a trial? And then there is the contradiction in your statements. First, you claim it is racist to limit the opportunity to non oyibos then you say the best fit coach is one that can adapt to Nigeria's unique way of doing things while implementing effective football game/team strategy. Who is better suited to that than a consummate Nigerian professional who grew up in the system and knows the system inside out?

It seems to me you’re more consumed with demonstrating your intelligence than actually saying something that makes any kind of sense🤔❗️


Cheers.
Clemens Westerhof says hello.
Nigeria cannot afford to waste 5 years on another oyibo journeyman🤔❗️


Cheers.
User avatar
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 12955
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Location: loughborough.
Re: Why a Nigerian coach is best suited to coach the SuperEagles…

Post by fabio »

ANC wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:56 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:45 pm
ANC wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:27 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:59 pm
ANC wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:33 pm
highbury wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:09 pm ANC is like Vancity. But less offensive. They love their foreigners.
:rotf: :rotf:


I am trying to save CE from sounding ignorant.
I live in the West, and I have personal experience how it feels.
It is racist to say, the coach should be only limited to non oyibo!
Let NFF be objective in finding the best fit for SE.
Pep perhaps may be one of the best coaches in the world, but I very much doubt that he would be a good fit for SE.
You should not hire the Amokachis in the name of having a Nigerian coach.
Get the best fit coach that you can afford and provide a level playing field. If you have a problem with that then you should look at the mirror.
Best fit coach” doesn’t mean anything since you haven’t defined what it means. You’re basically just talking nonsense🤔❗️


Cheers.
A best-fit coach is needed to be able to culturally adapt to Nigeria's unique way of doing things while implementing effective football game/team strategy. Pep Guardiola, many argue, is one of the best, but would he be able to deal with the dysfunctional family called Nigeria? Bros, feel free to sound parochial; it's not my business. I am a fan of Finidi. However, I did not watch the Mali game, and I do not know the circumstances under which he operated during the game. Many are calling for his head because of the game. I need more information available to me to argue against them. You are mistakenly thinking I am calling for a foreign coach.
You are talking a lot but saying absolutely nothing. We know a best fit coach is needed but how do you determine the best fit without a trial? And then there is the contradiction in your statements. First, you claim it is racist to limit the opportunity to non oyibos then you say the best fit coach is one that can adapt to Nigeria's unique way of doing things while implementing effective football game/team strategy. Who is better suited to that than a consummate Nigerian professional who grew up in the system and knows the system inside out?

It seems to me you’re more consumed with demonstrating your intelligence than actually saying something that makes any kind of sense🤔❗️


Cheers.
Clemens Westerhof says hello.
It's very convenient to throw Wesherhof into the conversation.... However, conveniently forgetting Westerhof lived and worked in Nigeria. He travelled the length and breadth of the country to discover and integrate talent into the SE.

We have been convinced due to changing demographics, the Pinnick/Rohr doctrine of the SE coach living outside Nigeria, only coming in before a match and leaving once the match is over, is the new reality, because all the players are abroad and we are also persuading players of Nigeria heritage to play for the SE.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
User avatar
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Posts: 50244
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:03 pm
Location: The Kingdom
Re: Why a Nigerian coach is best suited to coach the SuperEagles…

Post by Lolly »

fabio wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:36 am
ANC wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:56 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:45 pm
ANC wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:27 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:59 pm
ANC wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:33 pm
highbury wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:09 pm ANC is like Vancity. But less offensive. They love their foreigners.
:rotf: :rotf:


I am trying to save CE from sounding ignorant.
I live in the West, and I have personal experience how it feels.
It is racist to say, the coach should be only limited to non oyibo!
Let NFF be objective in finding the best fit for SE.
Pep perhaps may be one of the best coaches in the world, but I very much doubt that he would be a good fit for SE.
You should not hire the Amokachis in the name of having a Nigerian coach.
Get the best fit coach that you can afford and provide a level playing field. If you have a problem with that then you should look at the mirror.
Best fit coach” doesn’t mean anything since you haven’t defined what it means. You’re basically just talking nonsense🤔❗️


Cheers.
A best-fit coach is needed to be able to culturally adapt to Nigeria's unique way of doing things while implementing effective football game/team strategy. Pep Guardiola, many argue, is one of the best, but would he be able to deal with the dysfunctional family called Nigeria? Bros, feel free to sound parochial; it's not my business. I am a fan of Finidi. However, I did not watch the Mali game, and I do not know the circumstances under which he operated during the game. Many are calling for his head because of the game. I need more information available to me to argue against them. You are mistakenly thinking I am calling for a foreign coach.
You are talking a lot but saying absolutely nothing. We know a best fit coach is needed but how do you determine the best fit without a trial? And then there is the contradiction in your statements. First, you claim it is racist to limit the opportunity to non oyibos then you say the best fit coach is one that can adapt to Nigeria's unique way of doing things while implementing effective football game/team strategy. Who is better suited to that than a consummate Nigerian professional who grew up in the system and knows the system inside out?

It seems to me you’re more consumed with demonstrating your intelligence than actually saying something that makes any kind of sense🤔❗️


Cheers.
Clemens Westerhof says hello.
It's very convenient to throw Wesherhof into the conversation.... However, conveniently forgetting Westerhof lived and worked in Nigeria. He travelled the length and breadth of the country to discover and integrate talent into the SE.

We have been convinced due to changing demographics, the Pinnick/Rohr doctrine of the SE coach living outside Nigeria, only coming in before a match and leaving once the match is over, is the new reality, because all the players are abroad and we are also persuading players of Nigeria heritage to play for the SE.
While I have no problem including a clause that the coach must spend time in the country, it would be a waste of energy and resources to have a coach travel the length and breath of the country in search of national players in this digital age. You can watch videos of players even on handheld devices from the comfort of our home. And that is usually the first stage of any scouting even in the more developed footballing nations.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
User avatar
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 12414
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Re: Why a Nigerian coach is best suited to coach the SuperEagles…

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Lolly wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:09 am
fabio wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:36 am
ANC wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:56 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:45 pm
ANC wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:27 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:59 pm
ANC wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:33 pm

:rotf: :rotf:


I am trying to save CE from sounding ignorant.
I live in the West, and I have personal experience how it feels.
It is racist to say, the coach should be only limited to non oyibo!
Let NFF be objective in finding the best fit for SE.
Pep perhaps may be one of the best coaches in the world, but I very much doubt that he would be a good fit for SE.
You should not hire the Amokachis in the name of having a Nigerian coach.
Get the best fit coach that you can afford and provide a level playing field. If you have a problem with that then you should look at the mirror.
Best fit coach” doesn’t mean anything since you haven’t defined what it means. You’re basically just talking nonsense🤔❗️


Cheers.
A best-fit coach is needed to be able to culturally adapt to Nigeria's unique way of doing things while implementing effective football game/team strategy. Pep Guardiola, many argue, is one of the best, but would he be able to deal with the dysfunctional family called Nigeria? Bros, feel free to sound parochial; it's not my business. I am a fan of Finidi. However, I did not watch the Mali game, and I do not know the circumstances under which he operated during the game. Many are calling for his head because of the game. I need more information available to me to argue against them. You are mistakenly thinking I am calling for a foreign coach.
You are talking a lot but saying absolutely nothing. We know a best fit coach is needed but how do you determine the best fit without a trial? And then there is the contradiction in your statements. First, you claim it is racist to limit the opportunity to non oyibos then you say the best fit coach is one that can adapt to Nigeria's unique way of doing things while implementing effective football game/team strategy. Who is better suited to that than a consummate Nigerian professional who grew up in the system and knows the system inside out?

It seems to me you’re more consumed with demonstrating your intelligence than actually saying something that makes any kind of sense🤔❗️


Cheers.
Clemens Westerhof says hello.
It's very convenient to throw Wesherhof into the conversation.... However, conveniently forgetting Westerhof lived and worked in Nigeria. He travelled the length and breadth of the country to discover and integrate talent into the SE.

We have been convinced due to changing demographics, the Pinnick/Rohr doctrine of the SE coach living outside Nigeria, only coming in before a match and leaving once the match is over, is the new reality, because all the players are abroad and we are also persuading players of Nigeria heritage to play for the SE.
While I have no problem including a clause that the coach must spend time in the country, it would be a waste of energy and resources to have a coach travel the length and breath of the country in search of national players in this digital age. You can watch videos of players even on handheld devices from the comfort of our home. And that is usually the first stage of any scouting even in the more developed footballing nations.
There is no substitute for an up close appraisal of a potential recruit. There are invaluable things you can discover by talking to a person face to face that you won’t get out of videos. Videos are often used to narrow the focus.

American college sports programs conduct thousands of home visits every year for potential recruits. They are wasting neither energy nor resources because without those visits, they’d be recruiting the wrong candidates. You think they don’t have videos in America❓🤐🙂❗️


Cheers.
User avatar
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 53755
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: Why a Nigerian coach is best suited to coach the SuperEagles…

Post by Cellular »

How do one build a nation if one can't even afford to give the reigns of such mundane tasks as managing and coaching a national football team to a local guy (team) that have been exposed to all the best coaching, facilities, management and support system and has the added advantage of being able to work within the "Naijarian factor" way of doing things? Is that our penchant for self-sabotage will undermine us?

It is like our political space where a 50+ year old is still considered a youth?

Football is an 'ecosystem'. We constantly disrupt our ecosystem by constantly believing that "just plug any oyibo from anywhere" he will come and rescue us.

The successes of Keshi qualifying Togo for the World Cup and subsequently guiding Niajaria to the World Cup brought about a wave of change to other African FAs... who saw that it wasn't too tough a task to hand over the mantle to an African. Sadly, we have reverted back to our old habits so have others... "After all, Naijaria did it, why not us?"

We have to LEAD.

I hate discussing with my fellow natives the value of leading from the front. Some people rather fail with an oyibo than risk failing with their own. Because it affirms the biases we have. There's a deep-seated complex at play here...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
User avatar
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 37879
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Re: Why a Nigerian coach is best suited to coach the SuperEagles…

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:31 pm How do one build a nation if one can't even afford to give the reigns of such mundane tasks as managing and coaching a national football team to a local guy (team) that have been exposed to all the best coaching, facilities, management and support system and has the added advantage of being able to work within the "Naijarian factor" way of doing things? Is that our penchant for self-sabotage will undermine us?

It is like our political space where a 50+ year old is still considered a youth?

Football is an 'ecosystem'. We constantly disrupt our ecosystem by constantly believing that "just plug any oyibo from anywhere" he will come and rescue us.

The successes of Keshi qualifying Togo for the World Cup and subsequently guiding Niajaria to the World Cup brought about a wave of change to other African FAs... who saw that it wasn't too tough a task to hand over the mantle to an African. Sadly, we have reverted back to our old habits so have others... "After all, Naijaria did it, why not us?"

We have to LEAD.

I hate discussing with my fellow natives the value of leading from the front. Some people rather fail with an oyibo than risk failing with their own. Because it affirms the biases we have. There's a deep-seated complex at play here...

By developing your critical natural and human resources.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
User avatar
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 53755
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: Why a Nigerian coach is best suited to coach the SuperEagles…

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:36 pm
Cellular wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:31 pm How do one build a nation if one can't even afford to give the reigns of such mundane tasks as managing and coaching a national football team to a local guy (team) that have been exposed to all the best coaching, facilities, management and support system and has the added advantage of being able to work within the "Naijarian factor" way of doing things? Is that our penchant for self-sabotage will undermine us?

It is like our political space where a 50+ year old is still considered a youth?

Football is an 'ecosystem'. We constantly disrupt our ecosystem by constantly believing that "just plug any oyibo from anywhere" he will come and rescue us.

The successes of Keshi qualifying Togo for the World Cup and subsequently guiding Niajaria to the World Cup brought about a wave of change to other African FAs... who saw that it wasn't too tough a task to hand over the mantle to an African. Sadly, we have reverted back to our old habits so have others... "After all, Naijaria did it, why not us?"

We have to LEAD.

I hate discussing with my fellow natives the value of leading from the front. Some people rather fail with an oyibo than risk failing with their own. Because it affirms the biases we have. There's a deep-seated complex at play here...

By developing your critical natural and human resources.
You develop it by DOING!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
User avatar
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 37879
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Re: Why a Nigerian coach is best suited to coach the SuperEagles…

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:37 pm
txj wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:36 pm
Cellular wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:31 pm How do one build a nation if one can't even afford to give the reigns of such mundane tasks as managing and coaching a national football team to a local guy (team) that have been exposed to all the best coaching, facilities, management and support system and has the added advantage of being able to work within the "Naijarian factor" way of doing things? Is that our penchant for self-sabotage will undermine us?

It is like our political space where a 50+ year old is still considered a youth?

Football is an 'ecosystem'. We constantly disrupt our ecosystem by constantly believing that "just plug any oyibo from anywhere" he will come and rescue us.

The successes of Keshi qualifying Togo for the World Cup and subsequently guiding Niajaria to the World Cup brought about a wave of change to other African FAs... who saw that it wasn't too tough a task to hand over the mantle to an African. Sadly, we have reverted back to our old habits so have others... "After all, Naijaria did it, why not us?"

We have to LEAD.

I hate discussing with my fellow natives the value of leading from the front. Some people rather fail with an oyibo than risk failing with their own. Because it affirms the biases we have. There's a deep-seated complex at play here...

By developing your critical natural and human resources.
You develop it by DOING!


Your critical human and natural resources, of which football coaching is not...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
User avatar
ahidjo2
Egg
Egg
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 2:20 am
Re: Why a Nigeria coach is best suited to coach the SuperEagles…

Post by ahidjo2 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:47 pm
Lolly wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:08 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:12 pm
ahidjo2 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:04 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:13 pm The argument has been raging on for a long time about who’s best suited to handle the SuperEagles. Many, without any real proof, have decided that either Nigerians don’t have the technical expertise to manage the SuperEagles or that those who possess any modicum of competence will ultimate be hampered by corruption. For such people, it is a forgone conclusion that foreign coaches are the only one worth any consideration. Names like Guardiola, Klopp, Mourinho and even Renard have been put forward as the would be messiahs of Nigerian football. I would like to explain, once and for all, why relying on a foreign coach irrespective of pedigree, to lead Nigeria to the promised land is merely an exercise in futility.

The ultimate and all encompassing goal of all footballing nations is to win the World Cup at some point. From the very inception of the World Cup about 100 years ago, no foreigner has ever coached to victory in the World Cup. The primary reason for that isn’t all that far fetched, if people were to be totally honest and sincere. Football is a cultural sport which different nations approach with a unique vibe all their own. Why is it then so difficult to see that only an indigenous coach who is innately familiar with the peculiarities and psyche of indigenous footballers can get them to perform to the very best of their abilities? The simple answer to that is that it shouldn’t be.

I posed a question, several times mind you, to one of the most notorious and unapologetic protagonists of foreign coaches for the SuperEagles, a question that, needless to say, went unanswered. The incontrovertible fact is that neither one of Guardiola, Klopp or Mourinho has ever coached a national football team or ever qualified one for the World Cup. Am I suggesting that, perhaps, they don’t have what it takes to accomplish a relatively simple feat compared to winning multiple titles in the best leagues in the world? Well, a closer examination of that could prove to be really illuminating. The club teams coached by the aforementioned guys are all essentially All Star teams composed of the very best players the entire world has to offer. No national team in the world fits that description, least of all, the SuperEagles. In fact, I am willing to bet the very last dollar in my possession that if Augustine Eguavoen were to be allowed to coach either one of those club teams, he would fare no worse than any of the supposedly esteemed white gentlemen.

Now, let’s focus on the primary subject of our discussion, Nigeria. Many of you will put forth the argument that on the three occasions we won AFCON, we were led to victory with a foreigner at the helm. Let’s dive a little deeper into that. First, there was Brazilian Otto Gloria who came to coach Nigeria at a time when the federal government of Nigeria was deeply committed to football development. They built a sparkling new stadium in which we hosted Africa and provide the required resources to enable us win the tournament. It wasn’t so much what Gloria did as it is the fact that Christian Chukwu, Segun Odegbami and Mudashiru Lawal were all willing to lay down thier lives on the pitch in order for us to win. It took 14 years after that and a succession of foreign coaches before we tasted AFCON victory once again. Clemens Westerhoff came to Nigeria in 1989 but it took him all of five years to raise a team that was barely able to defeat “minnows” Zambia in the final. Then followed a drought of almost 20 years ansa succession of foreign coaches who accomplished nothing except earn themselves massive retirement incomes. In 2013, along came Stephen Keshi and his mostly unheralded bunch of “Hey Yous” to show everyone how it’s supposed to be done. Most of you will recall that during this period of drought, a certain gentleman by the name of Shuaibu Amodu qualified Nigeria twice for the World Cup but was sidestepped on both occasions. In 2014, the NFF had no choice but to allow Stephen Keshi to take Nigeria to the World Cup and he performed creditably in spite of all the stumbling blocks that were thrown at him.

If you’ve been paying attention, you would know without an iota of doubt that Nigeria’s football fortunes lie entirely with Nigeria. We must bite the bullet now, rather than later, in order to be successful in the near future🤔❗️


Cheers.
The quality of the coaches is all that matters. When we talk about quality, we talk about coaches where have been privileged to coach in an environment where the resources and tools are readily available and applied. Quality means having the right intelligence to read games, adapt and adopt effective game tactics and strategies to maintain good results and overcome unfavorable results. Quality means super man-management skills to manage players of different backgrounds and cultures without feeling intimidated or overwhelmed. Quality means being a critical and fast thinker, analyst and planner. Quality means the ability to find and use MODERN coaching techniques and strategies to navigate through different game and pre-game scenarios. Quality means surrounding oneself with equally quality assistants to help one when one truly needs help. Quality, in this instance means having the experience to effectively solve all manner of footballing problems. Quality means having plans A, B, C... for every game and use those plans effectively when the need arises. Quality means being an effective communicator. Quality means having integrity and keeping to your principles. Quality means commanding the respect of the players that you are coaching. Quality means the ability to think fast and do the right things, including inviting the right players all the time... The point is that the evidence you cited about no foreign coach ever winning the world cup should not be merely attributed to the nationality of such coaches. Those coaches were able to achieve those feats because they were quality coaches, had the right environment, with quality players. No country has ever won the world cup without quality coaches and quality players! It was never a function of where the coach came from. Limiting our discussion to the African continent and Nigeria in particular, evidence points to the fact that foreign coaches have done significantly better than the local coaches since our first AFCON triumph in 1980. We failed to qualify for AFCON four times since that time and all four times, the local coaches were in charge. No foreign coach has ever failed to qualify us for AFCON since then. Since 2000, we have failed to qualify for the world cup twice, on both occasions, we had local coaches. No foreign coach has ever failed to qualify us for the world cup since then. So I do not see the basis for saying that a Nigerian coach is best suited to coach SE at this time, except perhaps for primordial sentimental reasons. If we have any local coach that meets the requirements of a quality international coach especially one that has the experience of coaching in Europe, or America, such a coach is welcome. You cannot have a coach (irrespective of his status as a former SE player) who has coached all his life in Nigeria or some African countries without the tools and resources for modern coaching to coach players that are used to these international set ups. It will never work.
I won’t engage in a needless argument with someone who doesn’t have their facts straight. Foreign coaches did not qualify us for the 2010 and 2014 World Cups. It was Shuaibu Amodu and Stephen Keshi🤔❗️


Cheers.
Is that all you picked up from his comprehensive response to your post? :lol: :lol:

Meanwhile, he never said foreign coaches qualified us for the World Cup in 2010 and 2014. He said the two times we have failed to qualify since 2000, it was local coaches in charge. I believe that was Eguavoen on both occasions.
Not surprised you’d be running interference for ahijo since birds of the same feather always flock together. Ahijo made the intentionally misleading statement that “No foreign coach has ever failed to qualify us for the world cup since then”. His clear intention was to imply that foreign coaches have been more successful than indigenous coaches in that regard, which is patently untrue. Of the six times we’ve qualified for the World Cup, we’ve been led by an indigenous coach 3 times. In fact, all three of Karl-Heinz Marotzke (1974), Tiko Jelisavčić (1978) and Otto Gloria (1982) failed to qualify Nigeria for the World Cup. There were, of course, others prior to 1974 who failed woefully to make any kind of impression on our World Cup aspirations but you would have us believe that foreign coaches have served us immeasurably well. All you deceivers should go and rest🤔❗️


Cheers.
Oga, we are doing comparative analysis. We are not just reeling out numbers. We are comparing the foreign coaches performances vs the local coaches. Please go a step further to compare the local coaches we had at that time (they were just two) with their foreign counterparts and break down the numbers as I did previously. I want to see how the local coaches did better. Finally, please watch your words (concerning birds of the same feather talk). I'm not that kind of guy to let go unwarranted remarks. Next time, I will throw it back at you.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:12 am
Re: Why a Nigeria coach is best suited to coach the SuperEagles…

Post by Sleaky72 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:14 pm We remember when Nigeria was beaten by the dutch by 5 goals just before the WC 94. You can't judge a coach technical capacity from two friendly games. If I were coach. I wouldn't read any game or make tactical adjustments in a friendly. I would do exactly what Finidi did. Work on passing, keeping defensive shape, set pieces and trying to win the ball back. The only thing I didn't like is he didn't make a lot of substitutes. He did change 5 players that started against Ghana and his bench option was limited. The only players that didn't play were Tella, Sadiq, Uzoho, Ojo, Bashiru and Yusuf. 2 were goalkeepers . 15 out of 21 players in camp, played. Two didn't play because of Ramadan. 4 outfield players and 2 goalkeepers didn't play. But he saw them in training.

You lie so much and hear so many voices in your head.
I remember the game so vividly and I was only young-in then, as it
was the first game my father took me to, and it was in 1998.
Stop lying Ohenhen.


[instagram] [/instagram]
Last edited by Sleaky72 on Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:12 am
Re: Why a Nigeria coach is best suited to coach the SuperEagles…

Post by Sleaky72 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:17 pm We remember when Nigeria was beaten by the dutch by 5 goals just before the WC 94. You can't judge a coach technical capacity from two friendly games. If I were coach. I wouldn't read any game or make tactical adjustments in a friendly. I would do exactly what Finidi did. Work on passing, keeping defensive shape, set pieces and trying to win the ball back. The only thing I didn't like is he didn't make a lot of substitutes. He did change 5 players that started against Ghana and his bench option was limited. The only players that didn't play were Tella, Sadiq, Uzoho, Ojo, Bashiru and Yusuf. 2 were goalkeepers . 15 out of 21 players in camp, played. Two didn't play because of Ramadan. 4 outfield players and 2 goalkeepers didn't play. But he saw them in training. Friendlies are mean't to test new players. It is not entirely Finidi fault. He didn't select the squad. The NFF technical committee selected the squad. He also didn't have assistants.


YOU NEED TO STOP LYING AND TELLING FABLES!

[instagram] [/instagram]
User avatar
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 12414
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Re: Why a Nigeria coach is best suited to coach the SuperEagles…

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Sleaky72 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:38 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:17 pm We remember when Nigeria was beaten by the dutch by 5 goals just before the WC 94. You can't judge a coach technical capacity from two friendly games. If I were coach. I wouldn't read any game or make tactical adjustments in a friendly. I would do exactly what Finidi did. Work on passing, keeping defensive shape, set pieces and trying to win the ball back. The only thing I didn't like is he didn't make a lot of substitutes. He did change 5 players that started against Ghana and his bench option was limited. The only players that didn't play were Tella, Sadiq, Uzoho, Ojo, Bashiru and Yusuf. 2 were goalkeepers . 15 out of 21 players in camp, played. Two didn't play because of Ramadan. 4 outfield players and 2 goalkeepers didn't play. But he saw them in training. Friendlies are mean't to test new players. It is not entirely Finidi fault. He didn't select the squad. The NFF technical committee selected the squad. He also didn't have assistants.


YOU NEED TO STOP LYING AND TELLING FABLES!

[instagram] [/instagram]
Why are you getting so worked up over the scoreline? What’s the earth-shattering difference between 5-0 and 5-1? Maybe he didn’t remember we pulled one back🤔❗️


Cheers.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:12 am
Re: Why a Nigeria coach is best suited to coach the SuperEagles…

Post by Sleaky72 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:33 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:38 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:17 pm We remember when Nigeria was beaten by the dutch by 5 goals just before the WC 94. You can't judge a coach technical capacity from two friendly games. If I were coach. I wouldn't read any game or make tactical adjustments in a friendly. I would do exactly what Finidi did. Work on passing, keeping defensive shape, set pieces and trying to win the ball back. The only thing I didn't like is he didn't make a lot of substitutes. He did change 5 players that started against Ghana and his bench option was limited. The only players that didn't play were Tella, Sadiq, Uzoho, Ojo, Bashiru and Yusuf. 2 were goalkeepers . 15 out of 21 players in camp, played. Two didn't play because of Ramadan. 4 outfield players and 2 goalkeepers didn't play. But he saw them in training. Friendlies are mean't to test new players. It is not entirely Finidi fault. He didn't select the squad. The NFF technical committee selected the squad. He also didn't have assistants.


YOU NEED TO STOP LYING AND TELLING FABLES!

[instagram] [/instagram]
Why are you getting so worked up over the scoreline? What’s the earth-shattering difference between 5-0 and 5-1? Maybe he didn’t remember we pulled one back🤔❗️


Cheers.
Lol Tiger Killer, don’t you aim before shooting?
His whole premise was based on the game being played in 1994 when it was actually four years later?
Why would anyone be arguing about the score?
My friend you need to actually read and comprehend the article before you start shooting bullets LMAO!
Smh
User avatar
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 12414
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Re: Why a Nigeria coach is best suited to coach the SuperEagles…

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Sleaky72 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:26 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:33 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:38 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:17 pm We remember when Nigeria was beaten by the dutch by 5 goals just before the WC 94. You can't judge a coach technical capacity from two friendly games. If I were coach. I wouldn't read any game or make tactical adjustments in a friendly. I would do exactly what Finidi did. Work on passing, keeping defensive shape, set pieces and trying to win the ball back. The only thing I didn't like is he didn't make a lot of substitutes. He did change 5 players that started against Ghana and his bench option was limited. The only players that didn't play were Tella, Sadiq, Uzoho, Ojo, Bashiru and Yusuf. 2 were goalkeepers . 15 out of 21 players in camp, played. Two didn't play because of Ramadan. 4 outfield players and 2 goalkeepers didn't play. But he saw them in training. Friendlies are mean't to test new players. It is not entirely Finidi fault. He didn't select the squad. The NFF technical committee selected the squad. He also didn't have assistants.


YOU NEED TO STOP LYING AND TELLING FABLES!

[instagram] [/instagram]
Why are you getting so worked up over the scoreline? What’s the earth-shattering difference between 5-0 and 5-1? Maybe he didn’t remember we pulled one back🤔❗️


Cheers.
Lol Tiger Killer, don’t you aim before shooting?
His whole premise was based on the game being played in 1994 when it was actually four years later?
Why would anyone be arguing about the score?
My friend you need to actually read and comprehend the article before you start shooting bullets LMAO!
Smh
I don’t have time for attention seekers like you. Nothing here justifies all the vitriol you’ve been spewing. So what if the game was played in 98 rather than 94? The game happened before a World Cup in which the SuperEagles performed reasonably well. Neither the date nor scoreline invalidates the point he made. You really do need to calm down 🤔❗️


Cheers.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:12 am
Re: Why a Nigeria coach is best suited to coach the SuperEagles…

Post by Sleaky72 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:41 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:26 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:33 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:38 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:17 pm We remember when Nigeria was beaten by the dutch by 5 goals just before the WC 94. You can't judge a coach technical capacity from two friendly games. If I were coach. I wouldn't read any game or make tactical adjustments in a friendly. I would do exactly what Finidi did. Work on passing, keeping defensive shape, set pieces and trying to win the ball back. The only thing I didn't like is he didn't make a lot of substitutes. He did change 5 players that started against Ghana and his bench option was limited. The only players that didn't play were Tella, Sadiq, Uzoho, Ojo, Bashiru and Yusuf. 2 were goalkeepers . 15 out of 21 players in camp, played. Two didn't play because of Ramadan. 4 outfield players and 2 goalkeepers didn't play. But he saw them in training. Friendlies are mean't to test new players. It is not entirely Finidi fault. He didn't select the squad. The NFF technical committee selected the squad. He also didn't have assistants.


YOU NEED TO STOP LYING AND TELLING FABLES!

[instagram] [/instagram]
Why are you getting so worked up over the scoreline? What’s the earth-shattering difference between 5-0 and 5-1? Maybe he didn’t remember we pulled one back🤔❗️


Cheers.
Lol Tiger Killer, don’t you aim before shooting?
His whole premise was based on the game being played in 1994 when it was actually four years later?
Why would anyone be arguing about the score?
My friend you need to actually read and comprehend the article before you start shooting bullets LMAO!
Smh
I don’t have time for attention seekers like you. Nothing here justifies all the vitriol you’ve been spewing. So what if the game was played in 98 rather than 94? The game happened before a World Cup in which the SuperEagles performed reasonably well. Neither the date nor scoreline invalidates the point he made. You really do need to calm down 🤔❗️


Cheers.
Tony Tony,
There’s no vitriol my friend.
I’m having a running battle with Ohen and you decided to stick your nose in without reading or comprehending properly … and then call me an attention seeker? Cmon dude … do better

So unless you are Ohenhen in disguise I fail to see who is the attention seeker apart from you because at no time did I address you

Post Reply