Terem Moffi: Why Not Giving Him A Chance?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Agbako
Egg
Egg
Terem Moffi: Why Not Giving Him A Chance?

Post by Agbako »

The kid is blowing up. Gave one little playing time in AFCON earned us a penalty. So na why he been ignored as a top striker for us?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Terem Moffi: Why Not Giving Him A Chance?

Post by 1naija »

What exactly are you talking about? If everyone is healthy, he is no.3 on the totem pole, which is what he was at the AFCON.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

1naija wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:58 am What exactly are you talking about? If everyone is healthy, he is no.3 on the totem pole, which is what he was at the AFCON.
Who is No 2?
OCCUPY NFF!!
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:00 am
1naija wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:58 am What exactly are you talking about? If everyone is healthy, he is no.3 on the totem pole, which is what he was at the AFCON.
Who is No 2?
Osimhen. Boniface is #1 in a logical world.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

bushboy wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:48 am
Who is No 2?
Bros, for all Boniface has done in Germany, he has done diddly in a Nigerian shirt. At this point, he cannot even shine Osimhen's shoes. He is still contesting with likes of Iheanacho and Sadiq. What matters is what he has done in a NIGERIAN shirt.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Who is No 2?
Yup. Boniface is the No 1 replacement for Vic. Totally agree! :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

1. Victor
2. Boniface
3. Moffi

Who is No 2?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:22 am 1. Victor
2. Boniface
3. Moffi

Who is No 2?
you need to cut down on the akpetshi you've started consuming in 2024
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
dolapomichael
Egg
Egg

Post by dolapomichael »

I really don't understand why it hasn't clicked for Terem granted he has had limited opportunities for the team. He seems the most versatile of our attackers. He is mobile, quick, has a cool head on his shoulders, can bring other attacking players into the game, he is not one dimensional in his style.
It's head scratching why it hasn't worked for him.
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

dolapomichael wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:48 am I really don't understand why it hasn't clicked for Terem granted he has had limited opportunities for the team. He seems the most versatile of our attackers. He is mobile, quick, has a cool head on his shoulders, can bring other attacking players into the game, he is not one dimensional in his style.
My broda. thank you. I tire. What that boy showed for just that few minutes chance they gave him speaks volume. I am really disgusted when we keep shouting Boniface, Boniface, Boniface for what? howmany goals Boniface don score for Nigeria? Abeg lets use our head sometimes... Thanks Proff. Not ya shine shine for club. Its your contribution to green white green shirt that matters. Atleast we are shouting Osimhen... its because of his contribution donning our jersey abeg..
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Agbako wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:40 pm
dolapomichael wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:48 am I really don't understand why it hasn't clicked for Terem granted he has had limited opportunities for the team. He seems the most versatile of our attackers. He is mobile, quick, has a cool head on his shoulders, can bring other attacking players into the game, he is not one dimensional in his style.
My broda. thank you. I tire. What that boy showed for just that few minutes chance they gave him speaks volume. I am really disgusted when we keep shouting Boniface, Boniface, Boniface for what? howmany goals Boniface don score for Nigeria? Abeg lets use our head sometimes... Thanks Proff. Not ya shine shine for club. Its your contribution to green white green shirt that matters. Atleast we are shouting Osimhen... its because of his contribution donning our jersey abeg..
Agbako,

The problem with most on CE is that they think because someone does well at his club it automatically translates to SE. The lesson of Akpoguma has yet to sink in. People should learn that performance at your club simply earns you a call up at SE level but the player must perform in training and friendlies to earn a starting position. BONIFACE has done nothing with the SE so far to earn the status he is given by CE. He has to prove his mettle in the GWG first.
Last edited by Enugu II on Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:58 am
Who is No 2?
Bros, for all Boniface has done in Germany, he has done diddly in a Nigerian shirt. At this point, he cannot even shine Osimhen's shoes. He is still contesting with likes of Iheanacho and Sadiq. What matters is what he has done in a NIGERIAN shirt.
He had an assist on Chukwueze's goal in his debut vs Sao Tome. He also scored/caused the first goal vs Saudi Arabia in the friendly. Osimhen's recent nations cup performance shows that mere "goals scored" does not always paint an accurate picture of a players contribution Boniface has also only featured in 5 games. So its a bit harsh to summarize his appearances to "diddly"
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

metalalloy wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:41 pm
Who is No 2?
He had an assist on Chukwueze's goal in his debut vs Sao Tome. He also scored/caused the first goal vs Saudi Arabia in the friendly. Osimhen's recent nations cup performance shows that mere "goals scored" does not always paint an accurate picture of a players contribution Boniface has also only featured in 5 games. So its a bit harsh to summarize his appearances to "diddly"
Metalalloy,

We can look at stats and compare that to others and you will note that he has done nothing spectacular that comes close to fan expectations, given his play at his club. Nigerians remain expectant. The hope is that Boniface shall produce far more than you have mentioned above. If what you mention above is zenith of what fans can expect and will get from Boniface, then I am afraid that he will not earn that valued position as the next best striker beside Osimhen.

Right now, the only thing that gives him an edge over the likes of Moffi and Iheanacho is that he is a big-bodied fellow with physicality as a leg up. But is that not what Onuachu, Sadiq, and Awoniyi also bring to the table?
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Who is No 2?
Why do you guys like to disrespect Iheanacho like that? Pound for pound, he’s our best player🤔❗️

Cheers.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Agbako wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:40 pm
Please, what did he show?

Oga, when someone is on the fringes you take your opportunity with both hands. You have to do a Julius Aghahowa... come in and when the chance presents itself, SCORE!

He was given an opportunity in a tightly contested position. No of the replacements made any case to replace anyone.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Yeah, he looks like he's been hitting the Akpu stash a lot lately. So you could be right that he is pound for pound our best...
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:28 pm
Who is No 2?
Why do you guys like to disrespect Iheanacho like that? Pound for pound, he’s our best player🤔❗️

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

1naija wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:27 pm Yeah, he looks like he's been hitting the Akpu stash a lot lately. So you could be right that he is pound for pound our best...
Who is No 2?

Cheers.
At least, he’s not a has-been like Joseph Yobo🤔🤐❗️

Cheers.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Are you talking about the 100 cap, AFCON winner, former Captain, Coach King Yobo? Good luck making that comparison.
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:57 pm
1naija wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:27 pm Yeah, he looks like he's been hitting the Akpu stash a lot lately. So you could be right that he is pound for pound our best...
Who is No 2?

Cheers.
At least, he’s not a has-been like Joseph Yobo🤔🤐❗️

Cheers.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Who is No 2?
Unlike “easily replaceable” Lookman, you would say?
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:12 pm
Who is No 2?
Unlike “easily replaceable” Lookman, you would say?
Nope. Right now, Lookman has shown more value to the squad than Boniface. That much should be apparent. If you think otherwise, then let us know why.

As far as I am concerned, Boniface is just a media hype. He has to start doing it in the NIGERIAN COLORS. That is simple. I do not care what he does in the Bundesliga.