Local Coach Advocacy- Like Forrest Gump!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Local Coach Advocacy- Like Forrest Gump!

Post by ohenhen1 »

Obong wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:26 am Michael Nsien meets the requirements. He's a former coach of Tulsa FC, Head Coach of the US u19 team and is an Assistant Coach of the US National team which is rated well ahead of Nigeria. He played for our Olympic team during qualifiers for the 2004 Olympics while a college student at UCLA. He of course has the highest qualifications: UEFA Pro, UEFA A, USSF A Licenses. He'll bring the organization from his US background and blend it with his knowledge of our terrain and football. I know he visits his home in Akwa Ibom yearly ( his Dad is a good friend). He also keeps close tabs with our players in Europe and some at home. I recall he signed Mfon Udoh, Solomon Kwambe and Raphael Ayagwa when he coached FC Tulsa.
Looks like a good young coach. I don't think you can go from the American system and adapt quickly to the Nigerian system. Would like to see him start out as an assistant coach. Can coach the U20 team. Can work his way up.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:51 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:22 am
txj wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:45 am
Enugu II wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:27 am
txj wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:16 pm ...stupid is as stupid does!!!

The issue is not whether one likes local coaches or foreign coaches. That is just plain stupid!

There is no such thing as "local coaches" or "foreign coaches". Any more than they are not all black, or all white...

There are just individual coaches, and they are ALL different.

So every coach stands on their own individual merit, or lack thereof.

Kennedy Boboye is different from Finidi as they are both different from Jose Peseiro who is in turn different from Gernot Rohr.

So don't tell me that Nigeria must hire a "local coach" or a "foreign coach" for the SE. That is stupid as stupid does!!

Tell me who, AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, tell me why.

What qualities does a George Finidi have that both differentiates and places him above George Ogunmodode or Pedro Goncalves and vice versa.

What is his footballing philosophy?
How does he model his game?
How does he define space, expand it or constrain it?

Every coach stands on their own individual merit, or lack thereof.

The chief advocates of LCs like Odegbanmi often speak about it thus:

“All around us, we hear about some Nigerians who are excelling in all fields of endeavours and they are leaving the country to go and help other countries.

“Football is not a rocket science, but a simple game. We have lots of Nigerians who have all the qualifications to take us to any level.

“For me, I won’t suffer from colonial mentality again and enough of foreign coaches.

Whenever you hear someone speak like this about coaching, he is quietly telling you that he is ignorant about football.

Yes football is not rocket science, but neither is football, stupid as stupid does!!!

It requires creative intelligence. An understanding of "the science of football", and the tactical analysis on which it functions, which is about the organization of men in space and time.

Back in the day when I followed Leventis United, Nigerian coaches would sneer at such discussions as "book football". A few things have changed since Clemens Westerhof described Nigerian coaches as lacking in tactical details...as exemplified by listening to the ignorant Segun Odegbanmi!

Yes, Nigerians excel in multiple disciplines in the world. Their work in those disciplines speak for them.

Where is the work of a Nigerian coach today that speaks for them?

There is no hiding place in football. If you are excelling in the game, football will find you!!!

But if you are as stupid as stupid gets, it does not matter whether you are Nigerian or German or Brazilian, football will never elevate you, unless equally stupid people do so!!

Today there are a new category of young coaches blazing new trails in the game. Roberto De Zerbi, Xabi Alonso, Fernando Diniz, Ruben Amorin, Thiago Motta.

Where is such a coach in Nigeria?

More than two decades ago, I asked this same question in a publication in The Guardian. I noted that a Nigerian born coach with experience in European football and an understanding of the global game was best suited to lead the SE.

But then I asked- Where is such a coach in Nigeria?

Without a professionally functioning league and without a professionally run club, where is the platform for such coaches to emerge and horn their skills?

The doctors have medical schools.
The engineers have engineering schools.

Where is the "functional laboratory" for coaches to emerge in Nigeria?.

Or is it just a matter of "casting and binding" and they will magically emerge?

Stupid is as stupid does. And stupid is:

- Ohenhen
- Bell
- Odegbanmi
Txj

Calling for a local coach makes sense when the non- Nigerian coach who is appointed is not the type that would make a significant difference. The NFF has often appointed very average European managers simply because they are Europeans and not because they really make a significant difference.

In my view, if the NFF cannot bring in a difference maker then it is legitimate to favor a local appointee. The NFF, in such circumstances, owes no one an apology when appointing a local manager.

You have made such little sense in the above post that I wonder if you bothered to read the OP.

The tag local coach or foreign coach is just a location.

What coaching quality is defined by mere location?
... but is Nigeria not a location? That very location matters and it is critical in the debate. You may then want to read the argument based on that issue of LOCATION.

You point to one variable - Quality. However, others do not believe Nigeria should only consider that variable. They, and I, point to an additional variable - location. There will, in this debate, be multiple other variables that may be essential. Examples include AGE, PERSONALITY, etc. For some, these variables may infact be subset of GOOD. It just depends but others will share their thoughts and hopefully you and others will be open to learning from differing ideas.

That's a whole lot of empty verbiage.

Quality in coaching is defined by multiple variables.

Location is neither a coaching variable nor a coaching quality. It has no relationship with any aspect of coaching.

If you know the relationship to any technical or other aspect of coaching please name it and let us know how that defines any coaches in the game.
But it is an important variable for me. This is particularly important given the fact that foreign coach had long been an important variable for the NFF. For me, tbh, I am not even steadfast on it because my first choice is a manager who can significantly move the needle but they are only few in this world, theoretically. Thus, if Nigeria is to hire from its usual pool of just and foreign manager, I will give preference to a local. Thus, it is a variable and one that is undeniable and has been so for years!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:37 pm
txj wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:51 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:22 am
txj wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:45 am
Enugu II wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:27 am

The issue is not whether one likes local coaches or foreign coaches. That is just plain stupid!

There is no such thing as "local coaches" or "foreign coaches". Any more than they are not all black, or all white...

Kennedy Boboye is different from Finidi as they are both different from Jose Peseiro who is in turn different from Gernot Rohr.

So don't tell me that Nigeria must hire a "local coach" or a "foreign coach" for the SE. That is stupid as stupid does!!

What qualities does a George Finidi have that both differentiates and places him above George Ogunmodode or Pedro Goncalves and vice versa.

“All around us, we hear about some Nigerians who are excelling in all fields of endeavours and they are leaving the country to go and help other countries.

“Football is not a rocket science, but a simple game. We have lots of Nigerians who have all the qualifications to take us to any level.

“For me, I won’t suffer from colonial mentality again and enough of foreign coaches.

Whenever you hear someone speak like this about coaching, he is quietly telling you that he is ignorant about football.

Yes football is not rocket science, but neither is football, stupid as stupid does!!!

It requires creative intelligence. An understanding of "the science of football", and the tactical analysis on which it functions, which is about the organization of men in space and time.

Back in the day when I followed Leventis United, Nigerian coaches would sneer at such discussions as "book football". A few things have changed since Clemens Westerhof described Nigerian coaches as lacking in tactical details...as exemplified by listening to the ignorant Segun Odegbanmi!

Yes, Nigerians excel in multiple disciplines in the world. Their work in those disciplines speak for them.

There is no hiding place in football. If you are excelling in the game, football will find you!!!

But if you are as stupid as stupid gets, it does not matter whether you are Nigerian or German or Brazilian, football will never elevate you, unless equally stupid people do so!!

Today there are a new category of young coaches blazing new trails in the game. Roberto De Zerbi, Xabi Alonso, Fernando Diniz, Ruben Amorin, Thiago Motta.

More than two decades ago, I asked this same question in a publication in The Guardian. I noted that a Nigerian born coach with experience in European football and an understanding of the global game was best suited to lead the SE.

Without a professionally functioning league and without a professionally run club, where is the platform for such coaches to emerge and horn their skills?

- Ohenhen
- Bell
- Odegbanmi
Txj

Calling for a local coach makes sense when the non- Nigerian coach who is appointed is not the type that would make a significant difference. The NFF has often appointed very average European managers simply because they are Europeans and not because they really make a significant difference.

In my view, if the NFF cannot bring in a difference maker then it is legitimate to favor a local appointee. The NFF, in such circumstances, owes no one an apology when appointing a local manager.

You have made such little sense in the above post that I wonder if you bothered to read the OP.

The tag local coach or foreign coach is just a location.

What coaching quality is defined by mere location?
... but is Nigeria not a location? That very location matters and it is critical in the debate. You may then want to read the argument based on that issue of LOCATION.

You point to one variable - Quality. However, others do not believe Nigeria should only consider that variable. They, and I, point to an additional variable - location. There will, in this debate, be multiple other variables that may be essential. Examples include AGE, PERSONALITY, etc. For some, these variables may infact be subset of GOOD. It just depends but others will share their thoughts and hopefully you and others will be open to learning from differing ideas.

That's a whole lot of empty verbiage.

Quality in coaching is defined by multiple variables.

Location is neither a coaching variable nor a coaching quality. It has no relationship with any aspect of coaching.

If you know the relationship to any technical or other aspect of coaching please name it and let us know how that defines any coaches in the game.
But it is an important variable for me. This is particularly important given the fact that foreign coach had long been an important variable for the NFF. For me, tbh, I am not even steadfast on it because my first choice is a manager who can significantly move the needle but they are only few in this world, theoretically. Thus, if Nigeria is to hire from its usual pool of just and foreign manager, I will give preference to a local. Thus, it is a variable and one that is undeniable and has been so for years!

The question is not whether it is important to you.
Anyone can claim anything as important. For instance that ability to scratch your butt is important to them!!!

However the key issue is about relevance, not importance.

how does this relate to any aspect of coaching? In what way does location define coaching performance?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

I do think there are quite some valid observations from the pro foreign coach, and pro local coach crowd.

It leads me to state we are playing checkers while the NFF are playing chess.

Hopefully we will be leading to the same position the NFF are in.

How do you sift sense out of nonsense?

How do facts, and figures meet values, fears, anxieties and goals?

How do we reconcile different view points to get a shared understanding of reality?

How do you navigate an operating environment that put coaches (foreign or local) in a disempowering position? The end result is for a coach to seize the opportunity to exercise NEGATIVE power. As demonstrated by Finidi in his lack of use of subs in the 2nd match, and lack of use of invited players over two matches. Westerhoff did the same thing with his lack of use of Ikpeba in WC 94. Westerhof was overwritten, and forced to include Ikpeba in the final team selection. As demonstrated by Keshi in his WC 2014 players selections.

How do you navigate an operating environment when the "Technical Committee" of the NFF seems to be functioning ONLY if a local coach is selected? Management by committee(if a local coach) or management by willful ignorance, and absconded responsibility(if foreign coach). Management as understood to be the initial player selection pool for a fixture, invitations, use of players, post match review(s), reflection and correction.

How do you select, and pay a pivotal figure, the coach, that is the money maker in, and for all the NFF supported teams? Money as in sizable WC qualification bonus that sustains operations for all other ventures.

How do you select, and pay a pivotal figure, the coach, when the NFF and the Sports Minister don't have aligned interests, vision, and operating timescales? Anti-foreign coaches point to the total neglect of the local league, and potential raw recruits by the foreign coach. Selection of foreign-based players only. Shortcut to avoid scouting.

How do you select the coach to reflect the brand, and football identity being sought? To minimize the intention-execution gap? To match outcomes with ambition?

What needs to be minimally stabilized by the NFF/Sport Ministry for the coach to operate in a half decent way? To focus, and not be distracted by pay issues, among other issues. Or being accused of questionable motivations, and/or insinuations of questionable selections?

How do you address the local coach's lived experience under previous NFF administrations? Their experience as ex-players, and response to a dysfunctional system? Do you start clean with a naive or criminal collaborator/patsy foreign coach who will take time to learn the ropes or play along with the shenanigans?
Finidi was fully aware of the off-field dynamics with Westerhoff prior to, and during WC 1994. Victimized by being dropped off from the 2002 WC, after then Captain Oliseh, and him(being Vice Captain) brought up unsatisfactory issues on behalf of the team to management attention during AFCON 2002. He has memory, understanding, and knowledge. For good or for bad.

How do you address the fear that the NFF knows a local coach could develop wings, and overwrite them? Keshi navigated, and used above-NFF powers, and connections to keep some NFF members at the door. Converted local coach Westerhoff navigated by using the office of the then Vice president.

Being aware of the totality of the operating environment, and actors involved should provide a framework to guide in decision making.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

txj wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:40 am
Bell wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:01 am

- Ohenhen
- Bell
- Odegbanmi

PREFER TO BE STUPID IF FOREIGN DEPENDENCE IS WISDOM

Meanwhile, we will alert Elon Musk and Arnold Schwarzenegger about plans in the US to amend the constitution to allow foreign born citizens like them eligible to be president. Foolish Americans (also Europeans) limiting this office and therefore underperforming because they limited it to native born citizens instead of going for excellence and opening it to highly accomplished and intelligent people like these. I'm also proud that you called me out by name meaning that my position has been clear and consistent, probably rankling you as well.
Bell

The irony is that you don't even watch enough football to hold even a stupid opinion much more a coherent one.

Nobody ever sees your moniker during SE games or matches involving SE players.

I suggest you go to R&R and remain there.
NOW I GET IT

You think this is a problem limited to football and is best addressed by those who watch a lot of football. What about expanding your scope to see the big picture at which point you might see what, relatively speaking, football is, namely trivial pursuit?
Bell
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

highbury wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:23 am
greg wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:29 am
highbury wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:16 pm I am convinced Finidi will coach SE in the June World Cup qualifiers.
I'm convinced he won't...or least I wish you're wrong. I want to believe that they should have announced Findi by now if it were to be the case. The slowness to appoint someone and the lack of communication to that effect is nerve wracking. Can't wait till this board is done its tenure and hopefully better leadership comes in.
I guess time will tell who is right or wrong. A foreign coach does not have the time before our next game. No friendlies before the next game. That would be madness to change a coach then. To be frank with you, I cannot put it past the NFF to engage in madness. Don't forget these are the same people who fired Amodu because he didn't win Afcon even though he qualified Nigeria to the World Cup. The slaves hired lagerback after being hoodwinked by a power point presentation. Lagerback couldn't take us past the first round. He didn't even win a game. At the end, he got paid, smiled to the bank and the slaves continued in their mess. Did you see Lagerback working in any where of repute of late? He has secured his retirement courtesy of the slaves. Yet, slaves want more foreign coaches. We shall see. I just feel the there is a preponderance of reasonable people in the NFF
No, Amodu was fired because we played horrible football in that AFCON. Doesn’t mean it was right to fire him but let’s get the facts right. I guess those who call other people slaves are not keen on facts, just feelings.

And football is not mathematics. While Lagerback failed, Bora led us to top our group beating Spain in the process.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Bell wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:26 am

- Ohenhen
- Bell
- Odegbanmi

Meanwhile, we will alert Elon Musk and Arnold Schwarzenegger about plans in the US to amend the constitution to allow foreign born citizens like them eligible to be president. Foolish Americans (also Europeans) limiting this office and therefore underperforming because they limited it to native born citizens instead of going for excellence and opening it to highly accomplished and intelligent people like these. I'm also proud that you called me out by name meaning that my position has been clear and consistent, probably rankling you as well.
Bell

The irony is that you don't even watch enough football to hold even a stupid opinion much more a coherent one.

NOW I GET IT

You think this is a problem limited to football and is best addressed by those who watch a lot of football. What about expanding your scope to see the big picture at which point you might see what, relatively speaking, football is, namely trivial pursuit?
Bell

If you want to solve the problems of the world, go into politics, or join a non-profit.

And if you are on CE, go to R&R.

Leave football for those who follow it...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:11 pm

- Ohenhen
- Bell
- Odegbanmi

Bell

NOW I GET IT

Bell

If you want to solve the problems of the world, go into politics, or join a non-profit.

Txj

Sadly, football is not and cannot, unfortunately, become isolated from the problems that dictate our world. It is part of the world and there is no sense hiding from it. To do so is to practise Ostritchism. The problems cannot be escaped.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:41 pm

- Ohenhen
- Bell
- Odegbanmi

Bell

NOW I GET IT

Bell

Txj

Sadly, football is not and cannot, unfortunately, become isolated from the problems that dictate our world. It is part of the world and there is no sense hiding from it. To do so is to practise Ostritchism. The problems cannot be escaped.

You may like to believe that. You're certainly at liberty to. But I deal in facts and especially data.

As an economist, there's no data that links football to eny developmental economic metrics.

Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

- Ohenhen
- Bell
- Odegbanmi

Bell

NOW I GET IT

Bell

AND...

...you think you can isolate football and make it an island of excellence in Nigeria? Good luck.
Bell
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Bell wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:43 am

- Ohenhen
- Bell
- Odegbanmi

Bell

NOW I GET IT

Bell

AND...

...you think you can isolate football and make it an island of excellence in Nigeria? Good luck.
Bell

Its not about "isolating football". That's just a red herring.

The discussion here is very specifically about coaching...

And even for the purposes of argument you considered all aspects of football, its still not relevant to any part of the human development index or any metrics for measuring economic development.

If Nigeria desires to lead the black race, it will be thru development of its human and natural resources, not football...
If that were the case China would be a 5th world country!

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Lolly wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:54 am
highbury wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:23 am
greg wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:29 am
highbury wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:16 pm I am convinced Finidi will coach SE in the June World Cup qualifiers.
I'm convinced he won't...or least I wish you're wrong. I want to believe that they should have announced Findi by now if it were to be the case. The slowness to appoint someone and the lack of communication to that effect is nerve wracking. Can't wait till this board is done its tenure and hopefully better leadership comes in.
I guess time will tell who is right or wrong. A foreign coach does not have the time before our next game. No friendlies before the next game. That would be madness to change a coach then. To be frank with you, I cannot put it past the NFF to engage in madness. Don't forget these are the same people who fired Amodu because he didn't win Afcon even though he qualified Nigeria to the World Cup. The slaves hired lagerback after being hoodwinked by a power point presentation. Lagerback couldn't take us past the first round. He didn't even win a game. At the end, he got paid, smiled to the bank and the slaves continued in their mess. Did you see Lagerback working in any where of repute of late? He has secured his retirement courtesy of the slaves. Yet, slaves want more foreign coaches. We shall see. I just feel the there is a preponderance of reasonable people in the NFF
No, Amodu was fired because we played horrible football in that AFCON. Doesn’t mean it was right to fire him but let’s get the facts right. I guess those who call other people slaves are not keen on facts, just feelings.

And football is not mathematics. While Lagerback failed, Bora led us to top our group beating Spain in the process.
No! That was not why he was fired.

It was as a result of yet another power play that bedevils our national team.

Some of yous, you know yourself who always bleat the same tired refrain of "Tired legs" or the "We Only Want Oyibo" crew shouted from the rooftops and all platforms available to them so when he lost to Ghana at the semifinals only amplified your cries. You all now coined the term "Golden Bronze" to deride the achievement. He was accused of being "out of his depth". "His team played uninspiring football". They didn't realize that they were paving the ground for the fraudsters to smuggle an oyibo to take over so that they can make money. Enter, Largastash...

It had nothing to do with football. Football was just the pretext to steal money from the government and the players.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:30 pm

And even for the purposes of argument you considered all aspects of football, its still not relevant to any part of the human development index or any metrics for measuring economic development.

If Nigeria desires to lead the black race, it will be thru development of its human and natural resources, not football...
You will never get it. You deride Bell, Gotti and others but they have been consistent is letting you natives know that you can't separate football from the malaise that ails us. You think by appointing a foreign coach they will be able to prevail better than local coaches who are only given a fraction of what is made available to the foreign coach?

These mercenaries use us to learn crisis management skills. The natives lap it up. They suddenly discover it is the NFF that sabotage ALL coaches. But with oyibo coaches they don't attribute it to lack of knowledge or lack of professionalism.

Coaching is something I believe that Naijarians can do at a very high level if given the support.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:51 pm

You will never get it. You deride Bell, Gotti and others but they have been consistent is letting you natives know that you can't separate football from the malaise that ails us. You think by appointing a foreign coach they will be able to prevail better than local coaches who are only given a fraction of what is made available to the foreign coach?

These mercenaries use us to learn crisis management skills. The natives lap it up. They suddenly discover it is the NFF that sabotage ALL coaches. But with oyibo coaches they don't attribute it to lack of knowledge or lack of professionalism.

Coaching is something I believe that Naijarians can do at a very high level if given the support.

The problem is peeps like you talk a lot without saying anything!

What football coaching quality is identified by being foreign or local?
That is the question that has befuddled EII and Bell here, because coaching ability is not defined by geography.

I do NOT care about the location of a coach. I only care about their individual qualities, b/c that is the only thing relevant to performance...

And your belief is even more irrelevant!

What is relevant is what Nigerians are doing in coaching and what superior qualities they are showing.

The rest is stupid as stupid does!!!!

The modern game is defined by certain best practice principles which is the framework in which coaches and coaching is evaluated. I watch the NPFL from time to time. You put the games within said framework and there is no consistent game model.

Yes you can always say that that is THEIR OWN approach.

But we know from data and history, that none of the most successful teams in the world is based on individualism and lack of a defined playing model...
Last edited by txj on Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:05 pm

That is the question that has befuddled EII and Bell here, because coaching ability is not defined by geography.

I do NOT care about the location of a coach. I only care about their individual qualities, b/c that is the only thing relevant to performance...

What is relevant is what Nigerians are doing in coaching and what superior qualities they are showing.

There lies your problem.

I do care. We have professionals who have played and coached and won trophies.

It is imperative that we hire them and support them. It has a far ranging effect on the entire football structure of the country.

It is something you don't and will never get.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:15 pm

There lies your problem.

It is imperative that we hire them and support them. It has a far ranging effect on the entire football structure of the country.

Those professionals "who have played and coached and won trophies" ALL have qualities that define them.
But NOT ONE OF THEM is defined by their location!

What then is that quality? That is the question you and your fellow travelers have been unable to answer.

Patriotism is the last refuge of scoundrels!

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:34 pm

There lies your problem.

Those professionals "who have played and coached and won trophies" ALL have qualities that define them.

What then is that quality? That is the question you and your fellow travelers have been unable to answer.

It is actually not patriotism but the realization that the Football Ecosystem in Naijaria in 2024 is better enhanced by having a Naijarian at the helm of things.

We have to recognize that we are getting more and more Naijarians retiring from playing active football. We MUST as a matter of strategy have them see a pathway into getting into coaching and the possibility of coaching the Naijarian Men's National Team.

If the hiring policy was fair in the world, then I will be shouting like you... I posted an article written by the Washington Post about how the Football hiring system is disadvantageous to coaches of color. How they are systematically locked out. But here you are with the power to do something about it and you are parroting the same NONSENSE that they have used in other parts of the world. When is your education or exposure going to come in handy? Or is it a case of "I got mines, go get yours?"

We, Naijaria, have to be in front.

It will take a Naijarian coaching a Naijarian Men's team, lining up against the World Best and beating them before all the stereotypes and walls begin to crack and eventually crumble.

That is why I said you don't get it. And unfortunately won't.

Ps., You watched the just concluded NCAA women's championship... if you are paying attention you will see the blatant colorization of the teams and their coaches. In 2024 America!!!
But to you, "I do NOT care about the location of a coach. I only care about their individual qualities." How self unaware can a grown #$% man get? :oops: :oops: :oops:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:49 pm

There lies your problem.

It is actually not patriotism but the realization that the Football Ecosystem in Naijaria in 2024 is better enhanced by having a Naijarian at the helm of things.

We have to recognize that we are getting more and more Naijarians retiring from playing active football. We MUST as a matter of strategy have them see a pathway into getting into coaching and the possibility of coaching the Naijarian Men's National Team.

If the hiring policy was fair in the world, then I will be shouting like you... I posted an article written by the Washington Post about how the Football hiring system is disadvantageous to coaches of color. How they are systematically locked out. But here you are with the power to do something about it and you are parroting the same NONSENSE that they have used in other parts of the world. When is your education or exposure going to come in handy? Or is it a case of "I got mines, go get yours?"

It will take a Naijarian coaching a Naijarian Men's team, lining up against the World Best and beating them before all the stereotypes and walls begin to crack and eventually crumble.

Ps., You watched the just concluded NCAA women's championship... if you are paying attention you will see the blatant colorization of the teams and their coaches. In 2024 America!!!
But to you, "I do NOT care about the location of a coach. I only care about their individual qualities." How self unaware can a grown #$% man get? :oops: :oops: :oops:

You talk a LOT. But most of it is pure garbage!

ALL the coaches in the NPFL are Nigerian.
All the coaches in the lower divisions are Nigerians, and this has been the case for a long time. Even when you go back to the 70s and 80s, there were only 2-3 non Nigerians.

The Nigerian FOOTBALL ECOSYSTEM is dominated by Nigerians. Which means that there is A PATHWAY ALREADY.

But within ANY PATHWAY, the question is ALWAYS about QUALITY. And quality is not defined by location, but individual ability and willingness to work hard.

What won S. Carolina the NCAAWB is the QUALITIES of their coach Dawn Staley her legendary powers of motivation and relationship with players on top of her coaching nous...

Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

There lies your problem.

WHEN THEY SAY "I DON'T CARE ABOUT LOCATION..."

...what they are actually saying is "I want a foreigner". It's a thinly veiled effort to make it seem that they are open to locals and disguise their discomfort with same. They will then go on to say there are no suitable locals, rubbish all possible candidates while sanitizing the record of the foreign coaches.

BTW, cellular, thanks for stating the same case we've been trying to make for a while using different words and presenting it from another perspective.
Bell
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:01 pm

There lies your problem.

All the coaches in the lower divisions are Nigerians, and this has been the case for a long time. Even when you go back to the 70s and 80s, there were only 2-3 non Nigerians.

The Nigerian FOOTBALL ECOSYSTEM is dominated by Nigerians. Which means that there is A PATHWAY ALREADY.

But within ANY PATHWAY, the question is ALWAYS about QUALITY. And quality is not defined by location, but individual ability and willingness to work hard.

What won S. Carolina the NCAAWB is the QUALITIES of their coach Dawn Staley her legendary powers of motivation and relationship with players on top of her coaching nous...
Txj,

Let me ask you a question: Who arrogates you to a position as judge on what others state is garbage or not? How about this: suppose others consider your contribution to be pure garbage? What do you really think about that?

Man, you have to start respecting other's contributions but remain free to disagree with them. However, they cannot be garbage simply because they are not aligned to your thinking.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

There lies your problem.

Don't mind them. I know they don't like it but the truth is that they are victims of the slave mentality. They don't see anything good in Nigeria. I reject that. If that's the case why support SE? They can support South Africa or Ivory Coast. The biggest Uncle Ruckus is Van City
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:37 pm
txj wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:01 pm

There lies your problem.

Txj,

Let me ask you a question: Who arrogates you to a position as judge on what others state is garbage or not? How about this: suppose others consider your contribution to be pure garbage? What do you really think about that?

Man, you have to start respecting other's contributions but remain free to disagree with them. However, they cannot be garbage simply because they are not aligned to your thinking.

If its garbage, it is garbage!

I have zero respect for garbage. Simple...

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

This is garbage!
txj wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:31 pm
Enugu II wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:37 pm
Txj,

If its garbage, it is garbage!

I have zero respect for garbage. Simple...
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.