Local Coach Advocacy- Like Forrest Gump!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Local Coach Advocacy- Like Forrest Gump!

Post by txj »

"My idea is to play offensively. A short team that controls the game, high pressure and a lot of movement with and without the ball. I want the player that has the ball to always have three or four solutions and two teammates close by to help. The difficulty in football is, often to do things simply but to control the base, pass and get free. I don’t like the numbers of the field because they trick you. You can be super offensive with a 5–3–2 and defensive in a 4–3–3. Depending on the quality of the guys. I had a game a while ago where the two full-backs ended up playing as the 9 and 10. But that doesn’t mean I don’t like people like Samuel and Chiellini, born defenders. Could it be a 2–7–2? No, the goalkeeper counts as one of the midfield seven. For me, the attacker is the first defender and the goalkeeper is the first attacker. The goalkeeper starts the play, with his feet and the attackers are the first to put pressure to recover the ball.

Thiago Motta
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:13 pm "My idea is to play offensively. A short team that controls the game, high pressure and a lot of movement with and without the ball. I want the player that has the ball to always have three or four solutions and two teammates close by to help. The difficulty in football is, often to do things simply but to control the base, pass and get free. I don’t like the numbers of the field because they trick you. You can be super offensive with a 5–3–2 and defensive in a 4–3–3. Depending on the quality of the guys. I had a game a while ago where the two full-backs ended up playing as the 9 and 10. But that doesn’t mean I don’t like people like Samuel and Chiellini, born defenders. Could it be a 2–7–2? No, the goalkeeper counts as one of the midfield seven. For me, the attacker is the first defender and the goalkeeper is the first attacker. The goalkeeper starts the play, with his feet and the attackers are the first to put pressure to recover the ball.

Thiago Motta
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
There are multiple ways to skin a cat you scion of Rafa Benitez.
Everyday, in different leagues, people's theories of how the game ought to be played are tested.
Some people win due to superior tactics, strategy, and personnel and some win due to sheer luck.
I have told you multiple times that statistics don't really tell the true nature of a game.
Whether you play 5-3-2, 4-3-3 or any iteration of these formations it doesn't matter if you don't have the right personnel or know how best to limit one's vulnerabilities.
Your problem is that you love people who speak a good game... the ones who are better at talking about the game but are mediocre at winning.

Try that bullshit about playing out of the back in African World Cup qualifications and see how far it takes you.

Coming here talking about "as seen on TV"? Mtcheeeeeeeeew.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:35 pm
txj wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:13 pm "My idea is to play offensively. A short team that controls the game, high pressure and a lot of movement with and without the ball. I want the player that has the ball to always have three or four solutions and two teammates close by to help. The difficulty in football is, often to do things simply but to control the base, pass and get free. I don’t like the numbers of the field because they trick you. You can be super offensive with a 5–3–2 and defensive in a 4–3–3. Depending on the quality of the guys. I had a game a while ago where the two full-backs ended up playing as the 9 and 10. But that doesn’t mean I don’t like people like Samuel and Chiellini, born defenders. Could it be a 2–7–2? No, the goalkeeper counts as one of the midfield seven. For me, the attacker is the first defender and the goalkeeper is the first attacker. The goalkeeper starts the play, with his feet and the attackers are the first to put pressure to recover the ball.

Thiago Motta
Everyday, in different leagues, people's theories of how the game ought to be played are tested.
Some people win due to superior tactics, strategy, and personnel and some win due to sheer luck.
I have told you multiple times that statistics don't really tell the true nature of a game.
Whether you play 5-3-2, 4-3-3 or any iteration of these formations it doesn't matter if you don't have the right personnel or know how best to limit one's vulnerabilities.
Your problem is that you love people who speak a good game... the ones who are better at talking about the game but are mediocre at winning.

Try that bullshit about playing out of the back in African World Cup qualifications and see how far it takes you.

The problem with you as is often the case with your fellow travelers is that you are not serious followers of the game and are thus half educated on the subject.

Currently in the global game, there are a cadre of new/young managers emerging in the game. They are considered, NOT BY WHAT THEY SAY, but what THEY DO!

If you were a serious follower of the game you would watch Bologna, you would watch Leverkusen, Brighton, Stuttgart, Viola, Diniz in Brazil, among others.

Not for what they say, but for how it is expressed on the pitch and the outcomes of their models.

Its one thing to be ignorant, but to be willfully ignorant I cannot abide!!!

Playing out of the back is not alien to Africa. Morocco and Algeria, as well as Senegal have done it successfully for a few years now...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:10 pm

Thiago Motta

The problem with you as is often the case with your fellow travelers is that you are not serious followers of the game and are thus half educated on the subject.

Currently in the global game, there are a cadre of new/young managers emerging in the game. They are considered, NOT BY WHAT THEY SAY, but what THEY DO!

If you were a serious follower of the game you would watch Bologna, you would watch Leverkusen, Brighton, Stuttgart, Viola, Diniz in Brazil, among others.

Not for what they say, but for how it is expressed on the pitch and the outcomes of their models.

Playing out of the back is not alien to Africa. Morocco and Algeria, as well as Senegal have done it successfully for a few years now...
You don't do it in African World Cup Qualification!!!

There's a reason why most Africans like their meat Well Done. You will know it if you cared to pay attention.

But you don't.

European good... African bad.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:25 pm
txj wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:10 pm

Thiago Motta

You don't do it in African World Cup Qualification!!!

There's a reason why most Africans like their meat Well Done. You will know it if you cared to pay attention.

But you don't.

European good... African bad.

Again lots of empty talk.

Algeria, Morocco and Senegal have been doing it for years IN the African qualifiers.

Cape Verde also...

The reason many African teams do not do it is simply cus they are NOT GOOD at it!!!

And that's ok, cus there are different ways to play the game. You just need to excel at what you choose to do.

Thiago Motta is excelling at his own model of the game. That is to point of the example, which sadly appears completely lost on you!

Really sad....