Spanish embassy denies Future Eagles visa for U16 championship

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Spanish embassy denies Future Eagles visa for U16 championship

Post by Lolly »

Damunk wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:03 am So did the players get the visas or not?
That’s all I’m interested in.
No new tweet from the NFF, so we can assume it wasn’t resolved.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

There was a counter publication by BBC that the Spanish embassy didnt deny the visas, but NFF withdrew the application when their funding didnt come through... NFF public stunt..
afc##
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

chuks69 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:05 pm There was a counter publication by BBC that the Spanish embassy didnt deny the visas, but NFF withdrew the application when their funding didnt come through... NFF public stunt..
...and when I call out shady characters some foools will digress.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

chuks69 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:05 pm There was a counter publication by BBC that the Spanish embassy didnt deny the visas, but NFF withdrew the application when their funding didnt come through... NFF public stunt..
Where is the link to the counter publication?

The same NFF that took the boys and their coaches camping in Morocco can’t find money to take them to the tournament proper where their expenses would be covered by the organisers?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Lolly wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:38 pm

The same NFF that took the boys and their coaches camping in Morocco can’t find money to take them to the tournament proper where their expenses would be covered by the organisers?
Not sure about the funding info, but here is the denial by Spain
However, the Spanish authorities told the BBC the federation's claim was "not correct".
"Our Consulate General in Lagos has gone through the case and wishes to inform that the applicants withdrew their applications at the consulate on Monday, 8th of April," a representative for the Spanish embassy in Nigeria said.
"No one has denied those visas."
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-68759029
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...effed-up wayo people, that's why people look at us with 'a jaundiced eyes'.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:22 pm another fake news thread from lolly
Hmm, what part of the news is fake, Bigpokey24?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

metalalloy wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:54 pm
Lolly wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:38 pm

Not sure about the funding info, but here is the denial by Spain
However, the Spanish authorities told the BBC the federation's claim was "not correct".
"Our Consulate General in Lagos has gone through the case and wishes to inform that the applicants withdrew their applications at the consulate on Monday, 8th of April," a representative for the Spanish embassy in Nigeria said.
"No one has denied those visas."
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-68759029
I wish someone else can confirm what the BBC is saying about the Spanish consulate general’s response.

If the NFF withdrew the applications, then it is most likely due to the Spanish discovering inconsistencies in the applications and requesting for support documentation.