Former NFF President, Amaju Pinnick backs Finidi George for the Super Eagles job

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Former NFF President, Amaju Pinnick backs Finidi George for the Super Eagles job

Post by Lolly »

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Former NFF President, Amaju Pinnick backs Finidi George for the Super Eagles job

Post by 1naija »

I agree with all Uncle Pinnick said. I am glad he realized Finidi has all these virtues after he left office. :D It's never too late to preach, do as I say, not as I do like Ole Obasanjo. :D
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg
Re: Former NFF President, Amaju Pinnick backs Finidi George for the Super Eagles job

Post by delisyomie don »

Peak Milk needs to get its facts right about Ghana and Nigeria in 30 years. said we have not beaten Ghana until Finidi as a coach recently please we did beat Ghana in 2001 at the 2002 World Cup qualifier group 3-1 or 3-0 and even if I go to a few years back to check records probably at Afcon or some qualifiers not long like that 30 years he said lol.
thanks
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

delisyomie don wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:33 pm Peak Milk needs to get its facts right about Ghana and Nigeria in 30 years. said we have not beaten Ghana until Finidi as a coach recently please we did beat Ghana in 2001 at the 2002 World Cup qualifier group 3-1 or 3-0 and even if I go to a few years back to check records probably at Afcon or some qualifiers not long like that 30 years he said lol.
Yep, even in the 2006 AFCON, we beat Ghana.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

Orion wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:42 pm
delisyomie don wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:33 pm Peak Milk needs to get its facts right about Ghana and Nigeria in 30 years. said we have not beaten Ghana until Finidi as a coach recently please we did beat Ghana in 2001 at the 2002 World Cup qualifier group 3-1 or 3-0 and even if I go to a few years back to check records probably at Afcon or some qualifiers not long like that 30 years he said lol.
the only thing I agreed with him since Nigeria doesn't have big money to spend on the coach, Nigerian Finidi or Amunike should be a head coach with European or foreign technical/fitness trainers, just like Ivory Coast or Senegal or other African nations do now.
thanks
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

delisyomie don wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:50 pm
Orion wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:42 pm
the only thing I agreed with him since Nigeria doesn't have big money to spend on the coach, Nigerian Finidi or Amunike should be a head coach with European or foreign technical/fitness trainers, just like Ivory Coast or Senegal or other African nations do now.
He did hint that we can't make a straightforward comparison with our own LC situation.

The data someone posted here doesn't lie. My concern is that too many of these coaches have failed recently, and LC proponents keep giving them excuses. I'm sure Pinnick gave Eguavoen all the support he needed. IMO, that lame 2-0 loss to Mali should consign Finidi to the assistant bench for now.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
trae_z
Egg
Egg

Post by trae_z »

That is as good as confirmed that Finidi will continue.

If José Peseiro handled AFCON despite his disastrous performance in all matches before then, then it means Finidi will continue despite his mixed bag at friendlies.

The sad thing is he won't have a water-tight contract or earn anything near our WOWO coaches.
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

trae_z wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:37 pm That is as good as confirmed that Finidi will continue.

If José Peseiro handled AFCON despite his disastrous performance in all matches before then, then it means Finidi will continue despite his mixed bag at friendlies.

The sad thing is he won't have a water-tight contract or earn anything near our WOWO coaches.

Agree that this is almost confirmation that Finidi will continue. Pinnick’s stooge run the NFF so they basically would listen to him.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I have no problem with Finidi continuing, even though his recent litmus test/coaching stint still leaves alot to be desired, but if he is the anointed one...then NFF had better sit up FAST and give him all the tactical and logistical support he will need before the WCQ starts.

The right players should be invited for starters, all this obsession with deadweights has got to stop.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Lolly wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:31 pm
I AGREE WITH AMAJU, BUT...

...he should have spent his time in office, when he had real power, building up Nigerian coaches.

I challenge the advocates of foreign coaches: should the contract contain a clause that says, lose one of the first two friendlies and the contract is rescinded?

And for the one asking for European trainers, the question is "why?" Just because other African countries do it is not reason enough, in my opinion. Didn't they say in Nigeria, if you are going to eat a frog, you go for the grand one? What's all this half measure about?
Bell
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

You will all live to regret this decision. If true.

He gave us enough glimpse of what will be in store should he be coach.

It will be horrific.