Randy Waldrum press conference

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Randy Waldrum press conference

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Good coach, Better manager and an even better tactician :thumb:

[media] [/media]
OCCUPY NFF!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Randy Waldrum press conference

Post by Lolly »

7/8 clean sheets? That is huge. Our defence is solid especially the goalkeeper.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:05 am 7/8 clean sheets? That is huge. Our defence is solid especially the goalkeeper.
Yep.

The shock is that what seems to be very successful for our women's team is also a roadmap for our male team as the AFCON demonstrated. However, on the male side, the fans are up in arms against this very successful method. Go figure!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:27 pm
Lolly wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:05 am 7/8 clean sheets? That is huge. Our defence is solid especially the goalkeeper.
Yep.

The shock is that what seems to be very successful for our women's team is also a roadmap for our male team as the AFCON demonstrated. However, on the male side, the fans are up in arms against this very successful method. Go figure!
Hmmm. Waldrum indicates he sought, and got an organized, defensive structure. Everyone on the same page, and a team difficult to break down. Yet, he HOPES his team gets to put away the few opportunities that come their way.
Defense first philosophy. No intentional, purposeful effort on offense, or when team has the possession. Hope is not a strategy. Offense solely built on the individual brilliance of players is not a tactic.

Offensive Quality. Let's look at set plays. Just one item. Freekicks could be a metric of offensive thrust in the opponent's defensive third. How many freekicks were awarded, and then successfully put on the frame? Is there a player known for effective freekicks?

That is not the roadmap for either the female or male team.

Is the goal just participation, avoiding lopsided defeats, and going along for the ride or planning to aim for the sky, and executing to win?
Last edited by OJI on Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Good defense. But you also have to score to win games. B10 woman England can play for penalties and win
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Who was the journalist he was referring to at the beginning of the clip? I seen Collin Udoh and his colleagues yabbing Waldrum on twitter for saying that.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

The same one that was angling for his wife to be SF coach?
The guy needs to shut his trap.
greg wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:45 pm Who was the journalist he was referring to at the beginning of the clip? I seen Collin Udoh and his colleagues yabbing Waldrum on twitter for saying that.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Yep.

Bro, your comparison is not correct. The SE gave up the midfield while the Falcons are quite combative and match up to opposition in the midfield. And the Falcons have good possession stats compared to the SE. In summary, the SE were too defensive. The Falcons defend very well as a unit. Big difference.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:37 am Good coach, Better manager and an even better tactician :thumb:

[media] [/media]
Waldrum started the conference by calling out Ohenhen1 😂 😂
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Lolly wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:50 pm
Yep.

Bro, your comparison is not correct. The SE gave up the midfield while the Falcons are quite combative and match up to opposition in the midfield. And the Falcons have good possession stats compared to the SE. In summary, the SE were too defensive. The Falcons defend very well as a unit. Big difference.
It’s the same tactic applied in a slightly different manner. SE withdrew the MF and pushed the full backs up further while the falcons full backs stayed defensive and allowed the MF to stay put or move up as necessary.
OCCUPY NFF!!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

This man ain’t nothing like Rohr. I know some here like to compare the two. He brought up South Africa talking sh*t before the two legs. He is someone that has a chip on his shoulder.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The Sports Ministry need to support the coach. I have my reservations. But he is the coach and he needs support. After the Olympics we should appoint a local coach.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

packerland wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:31 pm This man ain’t nothing like Rohr. I know some here like to compare the two. He brought up South Africa talking sh*t before the two legs. He is someone that has a chip on his shoulder.
He’s American. American coaches tend to have a chip on their shoulders, that’s why I like the man. It’s required if you want to win in sports. Would you rather he beat around the bush and hide his intentions? He should’ve call the reporter an azzhole. Btw, being meek is what did Pessiro in as coach not his tactics. An American coach would’ve called a press conference mid Afcon and told people who didn’t like his tactics to shove it. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!