Okonkwo is Keeper of the Season

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Okonkwo is Keeper of the Season

Post by truetalk »

https://www.efl.com/news/2024/april/14/ ... he-season/

Nothing worth celebrating as it would have been a scandal otherwise. Well done anyway.

He needs to get out of Wrexham. Move out of the UK if necessary.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Okonkwo is Keeper of the Season

Post by Enugu II »

truetalk wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:54 pm https://www.efl.com/news/2024/april/14/ ... he-season/

Nothing worth celebrating as it would have been a scandal otherwise. Well done anyway.

He needs to get out of Wrexham. Move out of the UK if necessary.
It needs celebrating and portends a good future. Best wishes to him. It appears our goalkeepers are coming around.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

So proud. All my clients are doing well no surprise. because i have a keen eye on Talent :thumbs: 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :D :)
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

Just some months back, we had issues with goalkeepers. All of a sudden we have goalkeepers everywhere. I can't wait for when we'll have much midfielders too.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

Okonkwo absolutely deserves a call up.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

pindal123 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:12 am Okonkwo absolutely deserves a call up.
100%
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

He is keeper of the season on league 2 that's 4th division in UK...

Does not deserve a call up.....

He needs to move up the leagues and prove himself....

Okoye, Nwabili, Uzoho.... thats the top three NOW
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Enyi wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:41 pm He is keeper of the season on league 2 that's 4th division in UK...

Uzoho has no business being in the NT and he keeps in Cyprus. Sunday UK league is better than Cyprus top flight

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

bret- hart wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:49 pm
Enyi wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:41 pm He is keeper of the season on league 2 that's 4th division in UK...

Uzoho has no business being in the NT and he keeps in Cyprus. Sunday UK league is better than Cyprus top flight
AC Omonia, plays european football most years that experience counts, how many UK sunday league teams do that or League 2 teams?

Uzoho is the third keeper is worth his place, Okonkwo was given a chance by Arteta in preseason and he looked like a deer caught in a car headlights...
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Enyi wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:57 pm

AC Omonia, plays european football most years that experience counts, how many UK sunday league teams do that or League 2 teams?

Uzoho is the third keeper is worth his place, Okonkwo was given a chance by Arteta in preseason and he looked like a deer caught in a car headlights...

Nonsense. Okonkwo is a better and more talented Keeper than Uzoho. At this stage we should be investing in younger GKs that will take over from Nwabali instead of inviting rubbish keepers like Uzoho. Have you forgotten how we all had our cardiologists on speedail just because Nwabali got injured vs Cameroon? Do you want that experience again? Uzoho needs to be phased out of the SEs now.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

bret- hart wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:08 pm

Nonsense. Okonkwo is a better and more talented Keeper than Uzoho. At this stage we should be investing in younger GKs that will take over from Nwabali instead of inviting rubbish keepers like Uzoho. Have you forgotten how we all had our cardiologists on speedail just because Nwabali got injured vs Cameroon? Do you want that experience again? Uzoho needs to be phased out of the SEs now.
Forget about where this or that plays. To state that someone like Uzoho played in Euro continental football does not count for me. He just is inconsistent. This Okonkwo guy should be called up to camp and hopefully he can prove to be a mainstay. We need to get back to have 2-3 solid goalies in the NT. Right now we have only Nwabali. We know Uzoho is questionable and Ojo has not been tested at all at the NT level.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:38 pm

Forget about where this or that plays. To state that someone like Uzoho played in Euro continental football does not count for me. He just is inconsistent. This Okonkwo guy should be called up to camp and hopefully he can prove to be a mainstay. We need to get back to have 2-3 solid goalies in the NT. Right now we have only Nwabali. We know Uzoho is questionable and Ojo has not been tested at all at the NT level.
I agree. Uzoho is pants. I don’t care if he plays in the EPL. A few months ago I said Okonkwo should be called up and not after he blows up, but that dumbfo guy said he shouldn’t be invited because of where he plays. A few yrs before going to Wrexham he was the third Gk for Arsenal before moving to a European club on loan. My guess is that he is at Wrexham because their wealthy/popular owners pulled some strings. If a Mercedes Benz is parked in the worst neighborhood in Ajegunle, is it still not a Benz? Besides, Wrexham will be in the EPL soon the rate they’re progressing.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

packerland wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:57 pm

I agree. Uzoho is pants. I don’t care if he plays in the EPL. A few months ago I said Okonkwo should be called up and not after he blows up, but that dumbfo guy said he shouldn’t be invited because of where he plays. A few yrs before going to Wrexham he was the third Gk for Arsenal before moving to a European club on loan. My guess is that he is at Wrexham because their wealthy/popular owners pulled some strings. If a Mercedes Benz is parked in the worst neighborhood in Ajegunle, is it still not a Benz? Besides, Wrexham will be in the EPL soon the rate they’re progressing.
I have followed Okonkwo from his early days at Arsenal till date..... He is not the answer and certainly not better than Uzoho NOW!

Uzoho has a third choice is not bad....

Also if u know anything about football, You do not call up a keeper that is not fully confident in his ability and make him sit on the bench...it works for an outfield players not goalkeepers

-Martin Luther King- Jr.

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Enyi wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:12 pm

I have followed Okonkwo from his early days at Arsenal till date..... He is not the answer and certainly not better than Uzoho NOW!

Also if u know anything about football, You do not call up a keeper that is not fully confident in his ability and make him sit on the bench...it works for an outfield players not goalkeepers
Em..he was just the third choice at Arsenal for 1 season not too long ago. He can play in some friendly games. The most important thing is to cap him because we have no shot competing against England. How is Uzoho confident in his ability?
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Enyi,

You and the rest of us have not seen Okonkwo in the GWG shirt, yet. Until then, you are simply guessing that Uzoho is better. We have seen Uzoho several times and nothing he has done exudes excitement. It is time to try others like Okonkwo.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:45 pm

Enyi,

You and the rest of us have not seen Okonkwo in the GWG shirt, yet. Until then, you are simply guessing that Uzoho is better. We have seen Uzoho several times and nothing he has done exudes excitement. It is time to try others like Okonkwo.
:thumb:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Why are you lying bruv? Even stevie wonder can see that Okonkwo is a far superior GK than UZoho. Have you watched him at Wrexam? Nope. So how can you say he is better than Uzoho who has been rubbish for Nigeria for the past 2 years. Again it would be smart to start grooming a younger GK now to take over from Nwabali instead of inviting a useless Uzoho to just occupy space.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

bret- hart wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:14 am

Why are you lying bruv? Even stevie wonder can see that Okonkwo is a far superior GK than UZoho. Have you watched him at Wrexam? Nope. So how can you say he is better than Uzoho who has been rubbish for Nigeria for the past 2 years. Again it would be smart to start grooming a younger GK now to take over from Nwabali instead of inviting a useless Uzoho to just occupy space.
TBH, someone has to be exceptional to even have a chance to displace Nwabali at this point. Nwabali has to fail spectacularly. Nwabali has firmly established himself. Others are presently vying for a space on the squad.