AMUNIKE - NEW SE COACH

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
AMUNIKE - NEW SE COACH

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

He fought a quite battle and won out. Congrats to Amunike, new SE coach. We move on.

https://owngoalnigeria.com/2024/04/19/e ... er-eagles/
OCCUPY NFF!!
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg
Re: AMUNIKE - NEW SE COACH

Post by Ugbowo »

Hold your horses.

When I see something like this being put out by the media unofficially, especially Nigerian media, I pause. This seems like a calculated move by someone to disseminate this information.

Let's wait for official communication.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

owngoal... smh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Ugbowo wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:43 pm Hold your horses.

When I see something like this being put out by the media unofficially, especially Nigerian media, I pause. This seems like a calculated move by someone to disseminate this information.

Let's wait for official communication.
Exactly! Don't let them confuse you. That website has been a custodian of confusion.
ahidjo2
Egg
Egg

Post by ahidjo2 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:29 pm He fought a quite battle and won out. Congrats to Amunike, new SE coach. We move on.

I find it hard to believe this is true. It is less than two years since Eguavoen and Amunike piloted Nigeria's non qualification to the last world cup. What has exactly changed since then? What role did coach Amunike play in that team? Did he offer sufficient explanation as to how things would have been different, were he the chief coach? Does anybody have an answer? What coaching role has Amunike held since departing from the Tanzanian role? Has Amunike held any coaching role in any advanced league prior to now? How is he to measure up to the coaching standards that the present SE players are used to at their clubs? How is he going to man-manage the players? What are his philosophies on dealing with camp indiscipline? How exposed is he to the modern coaching techniques? use of technology? How is he going to stand his ground and refuse to yield to pressures to field low-quality players likely to be imposed on him? What are his antecedents concerning game tactics and adjustments when winning, when losing? What do we know about Amunike's ability to pay attention to details. How does he plan?. These and many more questions are begging for answers without which we will likely be heading for another world cup disaster. I want to believe that the NFF had these questions in focus during their deliberations and considerations. In all honesty, those pushing for Amunike and his likes, without addressing these questions, are likely doing so for selfish and sentimental reasons. We can not sacrifice the success of Nigeria on the alter of fake patriotism
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

whether is true or not , high power or not ,they should just put somebody there so we move on ,after all is only a football, if we dont make this time around to world cup we try again no stress!
thanks
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He steps into a difficult job. It won't be easy. Hopefuly he and Finidi can have a good working relationship and the NFF allow them to do their job.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

delisyomie don wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:21 pm whether is true or not , high power or not ,they should just put somebody there so we move on ,after all is only a football, if we dont make this time around to world cup we try again no stress!
kpom
SuperEagles

Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

ahidjo2 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:20 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:29 pm He fought a quite battle and won out. Congrats to Amunike, new SE coach. We move on.

I find it hard to believe this is true. It is less than two years since Eguavoen and Amunike piloted Nigeria's non qualification to the last world cup. What has exactly changed since then? What role did coach Amunike play in that team? Did he offer sufficient explanation as to how things would have been different, were he the chief coach? Does anybody have an answer? What coaching role has Amunike held since departing from the Tanzanian role? Has Amunike held any coaching role in any advanced league prior to now? How is he to measure up to the coaching standards that the present SE players are used to at their clubs? How is he going to man-manage the players? What are his philosophies on dealing with camp indiscipline? How exposed is he to the modern coaching techniques? use of technology? How is he going to stand his ground and refuse to yield to pressures to field low-quality players likely to be imposed on him? What are his antecedents concerning game tactics and adjustments when winning, when losing? What do we know about Amunike's ability to pay attention to details. How does he plan?. These and many more questions are begging for answers without which we will likely be heading for another world cup disaster. I want to believe that the NFF had these questions in focus during their deliberations and considerations. In all honesty, those pushing for Amunike and his likes, without addressing these questions, are likely doing so for selfish and sentimental reasons. We can not sacrifice the success of Nigeria on the alter of fake patriotism

JUST SAY IT - YOU WANT A FOREIGN COACH

You put out all these tests which I'm sure you wouldn't were it to be a foreign coach. The highlighted seems to bring this out: a Nigerian hire is a "patriotic hire" but a foreign hire is based on abilities.
Bell
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

if the coach is Amunike, congratulations to him and i will support him 100% , he must qualify the SE for the WC and Qualify for the AFOCN in 2025
SuperEagles

greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:58 pm
delisyomie don wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:21 pm whether is true or not , high power or not ,they should just put somebody there so we move on ,after all is only a football, if we dont make this time around to world cup we try again no stress!
kpom
Wish I could see it like u guys. Missing out on a 2nd consecutive WC especially an expanded one here in North America will be quite unfortunate and stressful in many quarters. The financial strain it will put on the NFF first and foremost will be great. We'll start pulling out of competitions due to lack of funds; football development will regress unless govt steps in big. The core of players in the team now will be different in 4 years. Who knows we could have another brood of Yobo-esque Super Chickens on our hands due to all the ensuing problems. North America has been a happy hunting ground for our football in the past. USA94 and Atlanta 96 I've been our best outings to it would be another huge opportunity lost.
ahidjo2
Egg
Egg

Post by ahidjo2 »

Bell wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:21 pm

You put out all these tests which I'm sure you wouldn't were it to be a foreign coach. The highlighted seems to bring this out: a Nigerian hire is a "patriotic hire" but a foreign hire is based on abilities.
Bell
Some of the comments some of you put up here makes one to seriously wonder. I always think aloud; Are these critically thought of? Do they make sense? Everything can not be too simplistic and baseless. It's always almost bizarre. Oga. It's all about excellence (which is alien to most Nigerians) whether local or foreign. A Nigerian who ticks all the boxes, should be the first choice but I find it difficult to see any at the moment. Based on available data, science and antecedents, a foreign coach that addresses the points raised above will be the better option. What are your reasons for opting for a local coach? Can you tell us or are you just advocating for one simply because he is a local coach. There has to be an irreducible minimum for the coach of SE in terms of overall quality, ability, expectations and performance. Can you can you address any of the issues or provide answers to the questions above for Amunike?. I believe that some day, the mediocrity and simplistic approach to issues that have always been associated with black Africans will to be dismantled. The time is now. We cannot continue to lower that bar for anybody.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Not the biggest fan but I'll support a Nigerian coach who isn't lazy and wants to be modern-thinkimg. So congrats to Amunike and I hope he gets his sleeves rolled up and starts scouting our most in-form players (especially midfielders).
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

There should be a compromise in the contract talks.
Give
Salary will be in Naira, and it will be equivalent to like 25K dollars a months.

Take
Must hire all of the assistants the coach want and there must be interest charged for late payments.
The coach

Must write it in the contract that the coach would be responsible for player selection. Which is what the agents want to control.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

No Nigerian coach that has been involved in the national team or I am aware of is Lazy or technically incompetent. I sometimes listen to talk radio in the US. The racist talk show hosts also call black people lazy or technically incompetent.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Lets be real. The agents want to control the player selection. Every one knows it. Amuneke must do it hiss own way. If you don't like a player drop him. It is not mandatory to play any one in a game or in a friendly. If you don't want to make substitutes. Don't make substitutes.

greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

ahidjo2 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:13 pm

Bell
Some of the comments some of you put up here makes one to seriously wonder. I always think aloud; Are these critically thought of? Do they make sense? Everything can not be too simplistic and baseless. It's always almost bizarre. Oga. It's all about excellence (which is alien to most Nigerians) whether local or foreign. A Nigerian who ticks all the boxes, should be the first choice but I find it difficult to see any at the moment. Based on available data, science and antecedents, a foreign coach that addresses the points raised above will be the better option. What are your reasons for opting for a local coach? Can you tell us or are you just advocating for one simply because he is a local coach. There has to be an irreducible minimum for the coach of SE in terms of overall quality, ability, expectations and performance. Can you can you address any of the issues or provide answers to the questions above for Amunike?. I believe that some day, the mediocrity and simplistic approach to issues that have always been associated with black Africans will to be dismantled. The time is now. We cannot continue to lower that bar for anybody.
Thank you my brother. These reasons is why I would have preferred Ndubuisi Egbo to Amunike if we had to go local.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Bell
Hahaha. Despite your essay, you're still saying what he said- you want a foreigner
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

greg wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:59 pm
kpom
Wish I could see it like u guys. Missing out on a 2nd consecutive WC especially an expanded one here in North America will be quite unfortunate and stressful in many quarters. The financial strain it will put on the NFF first and foremost will be great. We'll start pulling out of competitions due to lack of funds; football development will regress unless govt steps in big. The core of players in the team now will be different in 4 years. Who knows we could have another brood of Yobo-esque Super Chickens on our hands due to all the ensuing problems. North America has been a happy hunting ground for our football in the past. USA94 and Atlanta 96 I've been our best outings to it would be another huge opportunity lost.
There is a risk we wouldn't qualify whether we go foreign or local. Our NFF didn't help matter. After Passeiro left they were wasting our time and Finidi's time. Why didn't they hire their fraudulent foreign coach then? They then allowed Finidi to play to Friendlies. We have a little over month left before our next World Cup qualifiers. Yet no coach. Football will regress if we don't make it to U-17, U20,U23 competitions, not Super Eagles. If we don't qualify, it is not the end of the World. They are millions of Nigerian children who are hungry without food. That is more important than grown men running around kicking a ball and kicking each other.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Super Eagles to get new coach in two weeks – Sports minister

The Minister of Sports, Senator John Enoh, has announced that the Super Eagles of Nigeria will have a new coach in the next two weeks.

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has not yet announced a permanent replacement for Jose Peseiro since his departure as the Super Eagles head coach after the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations in February.

Recall that in March, the NFF announced that applications were open for the job of national head coach to replace Jose Peseiro ahead of crucial World Cup qualifiers.

Enyimba coach, Finidi George, who was one of the assistants to Peseiro, led the team in their last two friendly matches against Ghana and Mali.

Finidi led the Super Eagles to a 2-1 victory over Ghana in his first game but suffered a 2-0 loss to Mali in the second match.

Speaking on the situation in a chat with Channels Televisions Sports on Thursday, Enoh stated he’s been in touch with the NFF.

He said, “Unfortunately, the senior national team doesn’t have a coach. We played two friendlies and had just Finidi George oversee those two matches.

“The first responsibility of getting a coach lies with the NFF, and I have been in touch with the NFF because I think Nigerians didn’t expect that after AFCON and after the contract with coach Peseiro came to an end and wasn’t renewed, that it will take as long and not have a coach yet.

“But NFF is conscious and mindful that our next qualifiers are in June, what I can assure is that in the next one or two weeks at the most, the senior national team will have a new coach.”

The Sports Minister also insisted the Super Eagles could not afford to miss out on the 2026 World Cup taking place in the USA, Mexico, and Canada after not qualifying for the 2022 edition in Qatar.

“I think we have not had a tremendous start. It’s a shaky one, and therefore, there is a mileage to cover given that we didn’t go for the last World Cup. We cannot afford not to go for the next, and therefore everything needs to be done.

“Coming after AFCON and coming after we have had a tremendous show somewhat, I think everybody expects that we should be able to consolidate on that and take it from there,” Enoh added.

The Super Eagles are set to play against South Africa and Benin Republic in the 2026 World Cup qualifiers in June, and will be looking to recover from disappointing draws against Lesotho and Zimbabwe.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/04/sup ... -minister/
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kpom
That nah your own shelenge, there is more to life than losing sleep if your country fails to make a tournament, you should me more concerned about other things. Stop making football bigger and the most focal point of your well being. It is a sport and you get to try again another day. The most important thing is today and hoping for tomorrow. If We qualify or no qualify how will that change the price of bread in Agege ?

Too many Nigerians act as if it is the end of the world. Learn to control how you feel over things you have zero control over . It will do you good at the long run. See people crying and losing sleep over a coach or the coach they think is the next thing since sliced bread.
SuperEagles

Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

highbury wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:27 pm

Bell
Hahaha. Despite your essay, you're still saying what he said- you want a foreigner

THANK'S FOR SEEING WHAT I SAW

He wants a foreign coach but instead of saying it outright, he treats us to a long essay. When brought to his attention he comes back and doubles down.

Then he talks about excellence. For me, excellence is what you achieve yourself, especially coming from nothing. Excellence cannot be claimed when done by others. And if it's all about excellence, why choose a Nigerian over a foreigner?
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:17 pm
kpom
That nah your own shelenge, there is more to life than losing sleep if your country fails to make a tournament, you should me more concerned about other things. Stop making football bigger and the most focal point of your well being. It is a sport and you get to try again another day. The most important thing is today and hoping for tomorrow. If We qualify or no qualify how will that change the price of bread in Agege ?

Too many Nigerians act as if it is the end of the world. Learn to control how you feel over things you have zero control over . It will do you good at the long run. See people crying and losing sleep over a coach or the coach they think is the next thing since sliced bread.
THANK YOU

Some make such a big deal of football which is probably why they lose perspectives and are willing to mortgage their collective soul. Just look at the gloom and doom he paints just for missing the WC. China, India, Russia are all suddenly going to fall apart because they are not going to the WC. And if Nigeria is in a precarious position today, let's be clear it got there with the help (or curse) of a foreign coach.
Bell
Last edited by Bell on Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.