AMUNIKE - NEW SE COACH

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bell
Egg
Egg
Re: AMUNIKE - NEW SE COACH

Post by Bell »

MR MINISTER, GLAD TO HAVE YOU

“The first responsibility of getting a coach lies with the NFF, and I have been in touch with the NFF because I think Nigerians didn’t expect that after AFCON and after the contract with coach Peseiro came to an end and wasn’t renewed, that it will take as long and not have a coach yet.
Welcome to the NFF that we've always known and has misled Nigeria for decades, the entire life of most people here.

The Super Eagles are set to play against South Africa and Benin Republic in the 2026 World Cup qualifiers in June, and will be looking to recover from disappointing draws against Lesotho and Zimbabwe.
A foreign coach misled Nigeria to draws against certified minnows in MEANINGFUL matches and it hasn't soured people on foreign coaches. But Finidi goes 1 - 1 in meaningless friendlies and people are putting the kibosh on Nigerian coaches on trumped up charges: they don't understand the elementary principles of substitutions..

Unbelievable.
Bell
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Bell wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:15 pm MR MINISTER, GLAD TO HAVE YOU

“The first responsibility of getting a coach lies with the NFF, and I have been in touch with the NFF because I think Nigerians didn’t expect that after AFCON and after the contract with coach Peseiro came to an end and wasn’t renewed, that it will take as long and not have a coach yet.
Welcome to the NFF that we've always known and has misled Nigeria for decades, the entire life of most people here.

The Super Eagles are set to play against South Africa and Benin Republic in the 2026 World Cup qualifiers in June, and will be looking to recover from disappointing draws against Lesotho and Zimbabwe.
A foreign coach misled Nigeria to draws against certified minnows in MEANINGFUL matches and it hasn't soured people on foreign coaches. But Finidi goes 1 - 1 in meaningless friendlies and people are putting the kibosh on Nigerian coaches on trumped up charges: they don't understand the elementary principles of substitutions..

Unbelievable.
Bell
dayumnnnnnnnn
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

@Bell

Colo mentality is a big problem.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:21 pm
Bell wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:15 pm MR MINISTER, GLAD TO HAVE YOU

Unbelievable.
Bell
dayumnnnnnnnn
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
NFF SET TO ANNOUNCE AMUNIKE AS SE COACH

Post by jette1 »

make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
highbury
Egg
Egg
Re: NFF SET TO ANNOUNCE AMUNIKE AS SE COACH

Post by highbury »

jette1 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:22 am https://www.instagram.com/p/C58KkmOsDLm ... o0NWR4NA==

Done deal
Na lie. This is own goal news. Nothing is confirmed
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

highbury wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:07 am
jette1 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:22 am https://www.instagram.com/p/C58KkmOsDLm ... o0NWR4NA==

Done deal

People keep claiming that owngoal is fake news but I’m yet to a better source for SE news. Congrats to Amunike. We have to support him.
OCCUPY NFF!!
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

:? All the die hard fans don comot from CE. Na philosophical granfathers come remain :taunt: . Now feels like I'm in a Niger Republic fan forum :D . Can't blame u guys though becos SE is a tough team to support. I'm still holding out on my hopes so I refuse to lower my expectations. The day that something other than winning games becomes most important in football is they day I stop being a fan. SE go still win WC in our life time I'm positive.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

greg wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:16 am :? All the die hard fans don comot from CE. Na philosophical granfathers come remain :taunt: . Now feels like I'm in a Niger Republic fan forum :D . Can't blame u guys though becos SE is a tough team to support. I'm still holding out on my hopes so I refuse to lower my expectations. The day that something other than winning games becomes most important in football is they day I stop being a fan. SE go still win WC in our life time I'm positive.
greg, PLS DON'T MISUNDERSTAND OUR STANCE

Believe me, we have high standards and expectations also. Personally, my goal is for the SE to win the WC, and soon too, not just making a good showing. But we want it to be accomplished by Nigerians. We are in no way lowering the standard. Too often, even for relatively simple things, Nigeria looks outside the country for help. Like the country is made up of incapables. Let the self-reliance begin with something like football, which is not rocket science, and which little of significant value is at stake. Foreign coaches, and you can't blame them, are not invested in this vision, coming only to pad their bank accounts.
Bell
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

It is evident from the posts in this thread that WOWOs are not happy about this possible development. My advice, WOWOs, make una japa🤔🤐❗️

Cheers.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:27 am
highbury wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:07 am

Done deal

People keep claiming that owngoal is fake news but I’m yet to a better source for SE news. Congrats to Amunike. We have to support him.
...has he been announced by the NFA chieftains? abi no be so official things are done, call press conference and make an announcement, and not go behind give info to a news media to speculate.
Nigeria na just wah!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:07 pm It is evident from the posts in this thread that WOWOs are not happy about this possible development. My advice, WOWOs, make una japa🤔🤐

Cheers.
If that’s your position then it’s evident that WOWOOR (We Only Want Our Own Race) and Amandla! people like you are only capable of seeing things through race. :D

It doesn’t even occur to you that the determining factor for many of us is WHO IS BEST QUALIFIED and not just the Nigerian passport or color of skin. If it so happens to be a foreigner - this dreaded ‘White Man’ in whose country you are investing your life, your family and your future - then so be it for now.

So am I right in concluding that you freedom fighters for some strange reason still feel you have a racial point to prove in 2024?
James Brown released his ‘I'm Black & Proud!’ hit over 50 yrs ago.
Dey there.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:29 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:07 pm It is evident from the posts in this thread that WOWOs are not happy about this possible development. My advice, WOWOs, make una japa🤔🤐

Cheers.
If that’s your position then it’s evident that WOWOOR (We Only Want Our Own Race) and Amandla! people like you are only capable of seeing things through race. :D

It doesn’t even occur to you that the determining factor for many of us is WHO IS BEST QUALIFIED and not just the Nigerian passport or color of skin. If it so happens to be a foreigner - this dreaded ‘White Man’ in whose country you are investing your life, your family and your future - then so be it for now.

So am I right in concluding that you freedom fighters for some strange reason still feel you have a racial point to prove in 2024?
Dey there.
I do not care who the coach is, however you are viewing it from living in the WEST. Most Nigerians in Nigeria do not view it the same way. I think some Nigerians are tired and they want to see a Nigerian as coach . To be honest we've had a none abi non Nigerian as the SE's coach since 2016, about 8 to 9 years .

None of us were there during the interviews and can speculate left and right. The issue at hand is solving the WCQs, we dropped 4 points to Lesotho at home and Zimbabwe. We are playing catchup

I think we should focus on what matters winning . Forget all these admin crap we have zero control over
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Damunk wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:29 pm

Cheers.

Dey there.
Who are you fooling but yourself? You say you’re only concerned about hiring the best qualified but you’ve had no problems with hiring undeserving journeymen like Rohr and Peseiro… and now you’ve even shortlisted the over the hill pair of Antonio Conceição and Domènec Torrent who have accomplished zilch in their entire managerial careers and are both clearly looking, de facto, for retirement benefits. In what way exactly are either of those two gentlemen better qualified than Emmanuel Amunike or Finidi George?

Abeg, give it a rest and stop deceiving yourself🤔❗️

Cheers.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I will laugh when we failed to qualify for the world cup again.

Who on earth would hire a guy who has been jobless, and waiting for a free handout due to his connections.

His last job he finished DEAD LAST with Tanzania at AFCON.

Let that sink in again.

DEAD LAST.

This is who we want to manage SE ?

We are a joke.

And before anybody makes the stupid argument about "it was Tanzania what do you expect ?"

A dumb argument.

We've seen coaches succeed with the likes of Madagascar, Comoros, Mauritania,

Are these not also minnows ?

Did Tanzania not just get 2 points in this past AFCON ?

Yet we want to settle for A LOSER, WHO FINISHED DEAD LAST AT AFCON.

And some have the nerve to call much more accomplished coaches "journeymen"

We will get what we deserve.

I know Senegal, CIV, Morocco will be in the US, and I will support those teams, while you will all be bamboozled as to what happened and why Nigeria cannot even qualify for a 48 team competition.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

And if it must be a Nigerian coach at all costs.

Why not the very best Nigerian coach, and not a jobless failure who is waiting for handouts.

Nepotism always has to play a part in these matters.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:23 pm And if it must be a Nigerian coach at all costs.

Why not the very best Nigerian coach, and not a jobless failure who is waiting for handouts.

Do you know the meaning of nepotism? Or is it your fancy word for the day?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:23 pm And if it must be a Nigerian coach at all costs.

Truth be told, we have very quickly run through the very best - or let’s just say the “most accomplished” - Nigerian coaches: Eguavon (discredited), Finidi (discredited), Amuneke…. good luck! I no envy you.
Uhm, who remain?

It’s not very reassuring and we are scraping the bottom of the barrel here.
But we must show we are a proud and achieving black nation by not hiring anyone other than our own colour.
Who are we doing? :rotf:

Notice you hear very little about our coaches hanging around for ‘govt work’ and lacking that true Nigerian desire for self-improvement.
Notice there is also a loud silence on the CVs of our ‘very best’ and the fact that they cannot even compete with the ‘journeyman’ CVs of ‘the’ White Man.

Which of our ‘very best’ can place their CVs side-by-side with Keshi’s when he applied for the SE job 12 years ago?
Keshi had his major flaws, but he was a pioneer. Probably one of the first to leave Naija and play outside our shores in CIV. Then on to France.
Very much like the English, our sit-at-home coaches are not even being courted by the so-called ‘minnows’ of African football. Not their nations, not their clubs.

So let’s expect miracles and continue to make excuses for our coaches.
Just like we make excuses for our referees.

Allow the WOWOORs to have fun pointing at imaginary WOWOs left and right. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
This may not end well and trust me, many of us will not be laughing.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

aruako1 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:31 pm

Do you know the meaning of nepotism? Or is it your fancy word for the day?
The unjust favoritism (giving of jobs or positions) to family or relatives.

In this sense the family is those with connections.

Nepotism is perfect to describe the situation.

But keep your head in the sand.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I didn't even realize the definition of nepotism actually includes friends and not just family.

So it is 110% relevant.

But the WOWOORs must do their dances of distraction.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Damunk wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:00 pm

Truth be told, we have very quickly run through the very best - or let’s just say the “most accomplished” - Nigerian coaches: Eguavon (discredited), Finidi (discredited), Amuneke…. good luck! I no envy you.
Uhm, who remain?

It’s not very reassuring and we are scraping the bottom of the barrel here.
But we must show we are a proud and achieving black nation by not hiring anyone other than our own colour.
Who are we doing? :rotf:

Notice you hear very little about our coaches hanging around for ‘govt work’ and lacking that true Nigerian desire for self-improvement.
Notice there is also a loud silence on the CVs of our ‘very best’ and the fact that they cannot even compete with the ‘journeyman’ CVs of ‘the’ White Man.

Which of our ‘very best’ can place their CVs side-by-side with Keshi’s when he applied for the SE job 12 years ago?
Keshi had his major flaws, but he was a pioneer. Probably one of the first to leave Naija and play outside our shores in CIV. Then on to France.
Very much like the English, our sit-at-home coaches are not even being courted by the so-called ‘minnows’ of African football. Not their nations, not their clubs.

So let’s expect miracles and continue to make excuses for our coaches.
Just like we make excuses for our referees.

Allow the WOWOORs to have fun pointing at imaginary WOWOs left and right. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
This may not end well and trust me, many of us will not be laughing.
I think that Egbo is the only Nigerian coach I would ve comfortable with. (Not including the Amero/Nigerian Nsien)

Why ?

1. He is not from the 1994 set who seem to be very toxic to be honest.

2. He actually left our shores to go and prove himself instead of waiting on his #$%. He won the Albanian league.

3. Being that he is working overseas, he is less likely to be entangled in the corrupt system of brown envelopes and pimping junk prospects on to the national team. Maybe this is just wishful thinking.

He is the only Nigerian profile I have seen that I would entertain.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I also think the NFF, like much of the West are infatuated with symbolic "names" rather than substance.

Therefore a player legend like Amunike would be preferred over a "non name" like Egbo, even though Egbo is more qualified.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Take everything Vancity says and discard it in the trash. Everything that dude says is laced with an agenda. Vancity is so dishonest even for a Non Nigerian Super Eagles supporter