AMUNIKE - NEW SE COACH

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AMUNIKE - NEW SE COACH

Post by danfo driver »

Lolly wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:27 pm
oscar52 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:33 pm Congrats to him if true. He has paid his dues. Won on the world stage before. And the kind of strong personality that can ring in the changes the SE need. An African man that has been trrough the system on won't put up with lazy players on the pitch.
Is that all he brings to the table?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have you noticed that when it comes to African teams, the only skill a coach needs to have is "discipline?" Thats how the other one said Mikel was stubborn and he wont tolerate it. :lol: After all, our players are animals who need to be beating to conform.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Damunk wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:51 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:36 pm
Damunk wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:34 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:18 pm This issue with those not in favor of AMunike, who will pay his salary or the FC's many here want? Yall keep on going back and forth. It took how many month before Paseiro got his 6 months salary. Aren't yall tired of such? Instead attacking or calling out the NFF, yall pounce on Amunike. What happens now if the news report are false and he isn't the next SE's Coach?
But are you saying Amuneke should be paid less?
If so, why?
If not, what’s the difference?
Will he not demand for his delayed salary, just like the rest?

I hope you are not one of those funny people here that complain about unequal treatment of our local coaches and with the very same mouth imply that they should be paid less.

I don dey ask dem since, nobody answer. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
i do not understand your question. Now are you going to call out the NFF?
The question is simple: What difference would a foreign or local coach make to the ability of the NFF to pay his salary?
The salaries should be the same regardless, unless you are suggesting the local’s salary should be less, making it easier for the NFF to find the money.
If you are suggesting that, are you not guilty of unequal treatment?
Simple.
The latent truth about salary offers is that it is usually based on a percentage increase over your previous salary. No one, and I mean absolutely no one, will offer you 100,000 if you were previously making 20,000. You can take that to the bank. It’s always up to you to convince prospective employers that you are worth more. Most foreign coaches work in more economically viable societies where the salaries are considerably higher than we are used to in Nigeria and the vast majority of them wouldn’t come here on a low-ball offer.

There will always be a disparity between indigenous employees and expatriate workers… and you can blame that on decades of visionless leadership that sees little value in its own kind. If you ask me, there ought to be steep salary increases across the board for Nigerian workers; but that’s a discussion for another day. A natural resolution to this specific type of salary disparity will occur when the leadership and WOWOs alike come to realize that hiring expatriate workers, particularly foreign coaches, ought to be a last resort and not the status quo🤔❗️

Cheers.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The nff has lost it. Look what is now making the sounds as breaking news.

https://scorenigeria.com.ng/exclusive-n ... er-eagles/
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:51 pm The nff has lost it. Look what is now making the sounds as breaking news.

READ THE BELOW:

It further recommended that the new foreign coach be assisted by a local coach, who will learn more on the job.

Who are they fooling? What became of the long list of local coaches over the years who were supposed to "learn on the job"? Someone should ask them. What an outrage? The implication of this statement is that the foreign coach knows better. Imagine how loudly the world led by Nigeria would have screamed if apartheid SA had treated blacks like this. It becomes easier to see how chiefs centuries ago sold their people for mirrors and blunderbusses.
Bell
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Bell wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:38 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:51 pm The nff has lost it. Look what is now making the sounds as breaking news.

READ THE BELOW:

It further recommended that the new foreign coach be assisted by a local coach, who will learn more on the job.

Who are they fooling? What became of the long list of local coaches over the years who were supposed to "learn on the job"? Someone should ask them. What an outrage? The implication of this statement is that the foreign coach knows better. Imagine how loudly the world led by Nigeria would have screamed if apartheid SA had treated blacks like this. It becomes easier to see how chiefs centuries ago sold their people for mirrors and blunderbusses.
Bell
Bell,

You touch on the most troubling justification given when an European coach is hired. I cringe each time I read it because it exposes the extent of colonial mentality embedded in the minds of the Nigerian football adm I nistratprs. Consider the following:

1. Nigerians have always been slated as 'learning' under a foreign coach since the late 1940s. That, my friends, is 80 years of learning! It must mean that these administrators deem Nigerians to be block heads.

2. The records indicate that when Nigerians actually get an opportunity, they have not done significantly worse than the European 'master.' In fact, on certain occasions they do better as Amodu showed with the rescue mission on the way to the World Cup in 2002 after Bonfrer's failures left little or no room for error.

3. Previously, it was argued that Nigerians needed to play at the highest levels to be considered for manager position in their own country. Well, Finidi has done so and so has Amuneke. To add, Amuneke took Tanzania to its first AFCON after decades of non-qualification. Finidi has coached Enyimba for years now and he has always finished among the top clubs and won a championship with the team. Yet, as a 'Nigerian' he is still not good enough and must learn under a European.

To be honest, I am not only disappointed at such arguments whenever they are made but I am ashamed.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics