Samson Siasia alleges pay disparity at NFF: Foreign coaches earn $50k, locals just N1M

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Samson Siasia alleges pay disparity at NFF: Foreign coaches earn $50k, locals just N1M

Post by Lolly »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:29 pm we all know this , the question is for you to show the NFF were paying SSS $50k a month salary
Lolly wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:25 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:03 pm
Lolly wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:36 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:32 pm
Lolly wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:30 pm
aruako1 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:02 pm Exactly the point I was making about pay disparity a few weeks ago.
What point? Siasia was paid $50,000 in 2010. Peseiro was paid the same $50,000 fourteen years later. Where is the disparity both of you claim?
50k for a Nigerian as a coach? stop making me laugh :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Of course you won’t have anything to say since the facts don’t align with the noise you people have been making on CE.

For the record, Siasia demanded for $100,000 per month plus a $1m signing on fee. He eventually settled for N7.5m per month. And “succeeded” in messing up our AFCON qualification.
just making up ish... which 50k did the NFF pay Siasia? in 2012, He took over after Egu and in 15 over Oliseh...lolly you are a funny guy. 50k SSS yeah right :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Facts not feelings. He was appointed in November 2010 taking over from Lagerback and sacked in 2011.

Have you guys really forgotten or you are just feigning ignorance? Or you are a lazy youth who can’t do basic research?
Samson Siaisa fired as Nigeria coach

28 October 2011

Samson Siasia has been fired as Nigeria coach for failing to take the country to the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations.

The executive committee of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) ratified the decision to sack the coach on Friday.

This comes after the NFF's technical committee recommended the dismissal of the former international.

Siasia came under huge pressure after the Super Eagles failed to qualify for the continent's flagship tournament.

Three weeks ago the Super Eagles had failed to qualify for a Nations Cup finals for the first time since the 1986 edition in Egypt.

The 44-year-old Siasia was a popular choice after he guided Nigeria to the final of the 2005 Fifa Under-20 World Cup in the Netherlands and then the final of the 2008 Beijing Olympics.

However, he fell out of favour after his team could only draw 2-2 with Guinea in Abuja earlier this month in a match Nigeria needed to win to stand a chance of qualifying for the Cup of Nations in Gabon and Equatorial Guinea.

Local media have speculated that former Nigeria skipper Stephen Keshi will take over the team in an interim capacity for six months.
I know you are slow but take your time to read the article I posted earlier on. And do your own research. Google is free.

BTW, he was paid N7.5m in 2010. The equivalent is USD is $50,000.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Samson Siasia alleges pay disparity at NFF: Foreign coaches earn $50k, locals just N1M

Post by Bigpokey24 »

50k a month ..see fake news from lolly :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:28 pm
Damunk wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:42 am So these ‘competitive’ salaries started even before Keshi?
Me that have been thinking all the while that he was the one that forced the NFF to pay him adequately.

Are we sure about this? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

So why does nobody bring these figures up?
Answer: It is an Inconvenient Truth and doesn’t help their lopsided argument.

People would rather go back 15 years to quote the poor salaries for local coaches as if it still applies today.
And Siasia quoting “N1m” is disingenuous.
Why he no remember the N7.5m wey dem pay am?

Maybe that N7.5m was per annum. :tic:
Damunk,

Think for one moment what you are stating here.

So you think you are more aware of these payments that the members of the House of Reps sports committee that have come out to state that the reason they want to hire a local is because they can afford one. Or you think that others who have mentioned this pay disparity are simply blowing hot smoke? Think again.

The reality is that the claim of paying managers equivalent salaries can only be made as per Keshi and Oliseh. The rest, you will need more to demonstrate this given what sources in more credible [positions to know have already stated.

In fact, we had someone like Txj arguing years ago that the well known disparity at that time was okay because, according to him, foreign workers should be paid more than those who are local. This was prior to Keshi insisting that he should be paid an equivalent. Keshi won that argument and he was duly paid. But not before Keshi, No sir! Keshi fought for it and I am not even sure that he received the top end of it at that time.

Just as an aside, this reminds me when locally based players were paid much less than their foreign counterparts and it was acceptable until Oliseh fought for it. Masny were willing to go on with such disparity.
Oga, I am shocked you of all people is arguing on the wrong side of facts.

Siasia’s problem was that he heard Lagerback got paid $300,000 per month of work and he insisted he must be paid a least $100k per month and a signing on fee. And that he deserved to be paid close enough to what Lagerback was paid. Since Siasia, Keshi and Oliseh were paid at least N5m per month, which at the time converts into $45,000 per month.

The only person who got seriously shortchanged was CCC who got $10,000 per month. Egu always works for free since he has his own methods of making money.

So from your own records, what was the salary stated on Siasia’s contract in 2010?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cellular wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:23 pm
aruako1 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:13 pm
aruako1 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:02 pm Exactly the point I was making about pay disparity a few weeks ago.
What point? Siasia was paid $50,000 in 2010. Peseiro was paid the same $50,000 fourteen years later. Where is the disparity both of you claim?
Please take it up with Siasia. I'll take his word over yours on this matter. We are both faceless internet forumers. And my point remains.
Na why I ax am for anoda thread if he was being serious.
He is arguing with the person who actually received the pay.
He wants to go with media reports?

Sometimes I wonder if Damunk is just trying to stir the pot...
Nope. Just going on reports and a little memory.

So you basically believe what you want to believe, adjusting your memory accordingly.
What do we do with the news reports being dug up?
Ignore them?

At least I am not relying on memory alone.
Check above: I am actually asking for more evidence.
Seems you’re more interested in discrediting the messenger than any contemporaneous reports from the time in question.

Are you also going to insist that Keshi and Oliseh were paid about “N1m” a month?
Seems that’s what you are comfortable believing.
Wonderful. :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Damunk wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:42 am So these ‘competitive’ salaries started even before Keshi?
Me that have been thinking all the while that he was the one that forced the NFF to pay him adequately.

People would rather go back 15 years to quote the poor salaries for local coaches as if it still applies today.

Damunk,

Think for one moment what you are stating here
With all due respect Prof, I think you are the one that needs to think for a moment.
1. Are you disputing the news reports from the time that Siasia was on a N7.5m monthly salary? If so, on what basis?
2. Do you believe he or those that came after (Keshi, Oliseh) were on something like the “N1m a month” salary? If yes, on what basis?

Just two questions to “think about”….first. :idea:

I’m genuinely interested in your straight answers.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:44 pm
Please take it up with Siasia. I'll take his word over yours on this matter. We are both faceless internet forumers. And my point remains.

So you basically believe what you want to believe, adjusting your memory accordingly.
Ignore them?

Seems you’re more interested in discrediting the messengers of today than any contemporaneous reports from the time in question.

Are you also going to argue that Keshi and Oliseh were paid about “N1m” a month?
Where did Siasia say that it was him that was paid N1 million a month? Which local coach out-earned oyibo coaches? Where is the person that did the local v foreign comparison since 1980. Can we have a similar comparison for salaries?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:54 pm

Ignore them?

Seems you’re more interested in discrediting the messengers of today than any contemporaneous reports from the time in question.

Are you also going to argue that Keshi and Oliseh were paid about “N1m” a month?
Where did Siasia say that it was him that was paid N1 million a month? Which local coach out-earned oyibo coaches? Where is the person that did the local v foreign comparison since 1980. Can we have a similar comparison for salaries?
Where did he say or imply it was not him, or not his peers that preceded him, or not his peers that followed after him?
Why is he being deliberately vague about where, when and to whom this “N1m” was paid?
Why did he fail to put things in the right context and conveniently omit that as far back as 2010 even he was paid more than “N1m”, or that Keshi was paid 5x that?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You want to run with the figure but not with the context, not with the subtle disinformation and definitely not with the documented facts.

That’s fine. :thumb:
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Ignore them?

I thought the discussion was about local coaches being paid N1m per month? I tire for you guys.

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Lolly wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:12 pm

Ignore them?

I thought the discussion was about local coaches being paid N1m per month? I tire for you guys.
On that point, I asked you to dispute it with Siasia. The general topic has been local vs foreign coach remuneration. I have been consistent on my position on that point and nothing has proven me wrong.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:09 pm

Ignore them?

Where did he say or imply it was not him, or not his peers that preceded him, or not his peers that followed after him?
Why is he being deliberately vague about where, when and to whom this “N1m” was paid?
Why did he fail to put things in the right context and conveniently omit that as far back as 2010 even he was paid more than “N1m”, or that Keshi was paid 5x that?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You want to run with the figure but not with the context, not with the subtle disinformation and definitely not with the documented facts.

That’s fine. :thumb:
Raise Siasia's allegation with him. I believe him as it aligns with my experience of foreign v local remuneration in Nigeria.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:29 pm

Ignore them?

On that point, I asked you to dispute it with Siasia. The general topic has been local vs foreign coach remuneration. I have been consistent on my position on that point and nothing has proven me wrong.
It is not a secret that foreign coaches used to be paid much higher wages than local coaches. But things changed after Lagerback's heist. Since then local and foreign coaches have been paid more or less the same.

gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Lolly wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:47 pm

Ignore them?

It is not a secret that foreign coaches used to be paid much higher wages than local coaches. But things changed after Lagerback's heist. Since then local and foreign coaches have been paid more or less the same.
You know that's not true! Rohr got more than 5x what Keshi was paid.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Ignore them?

Oliseh begs to differ

https://soccernet.ng/2020/04/sunday-oli ... and-i.html
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Oh dear lord.. Surely he cant be serious that he is suing FIFA again? With the same quack attorney he used the first time???
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:40 pm

Ignore them?

Oliseh begs to differ

I can't really believe people think foreign coaches earn the same as local coaches, seriously? Keshi earned 10k Dollars, Rohr earned 50k, do the math!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

gochino wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:44 pm

Ignore them?

You know that's not true! Rohr got more than 5x what Keshi was paid.
Tell us how much Rohr was paid and how much Keshi was paid and let’s discuss further. You can also post any link you find to back up your figures. Thanks.
Last edited by Lolly on Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Damunk wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:53 pm

Damunk,

Think for one moment what you are stating here
With all due respect Prof, I think you are the one that needs to think for a moment.
1. Are you disputing the news reports from the time that Siasia was on a N7.5m monthly salary? If so, on what basis?
2. Do you believe he or those that came after (Keshi, Oliseh) were on something like the “N1m a month” salary? If yes, on what basis?

Just two questions to “think about”….first. :idea:

I’m genuinely interested in your straight answers.
Well, to summarise, the point is that foreign coaches on average earn 5× what local coaches earn. Go and watch Oliseh's interview let's stop converting the salary of local coaches to Naira just to confuse people.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

gochino wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:32 am
Damunk wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:44 pm Nope. Just going on reports and a little memory.

Ignore them?

Oliseh begs to differ

I can't really believe people think foreign coaches earn the same as local coaches, seriously? Keshi earned 10k Dollars, Rohr earned 50k, do the math!
Keshi earned $10k? Really? Is that from your own research or Keshi told you so?

gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Lolly wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:40 am

Oliseh begs to differ

Keshi:
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/128 ... tml?tztc=1

Rohr:

https://guardian.ng/sport/rohr-earns-55 ... -says-nff/
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

gochino wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:57 am

Oliseh begs to differ

Keshi:

Rohr:

So you accept that Keshi was paid N5m as your article stated? Convert that to Dollars and tell us how much it comes to.

And the NFF backtracked on the salary cut after Keshi ran to President Goodluck Jonathan.

Keshi to double current salary with new Nigeria deal
https://dailypost.ng/2014/07/09/keshi-d ... e_vignette

Also, Rohr’s salary included the salary of his assistants unlike Keshi’s. I bet you didn’t know that.

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Lolly wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:06 am

Oliseh begs to differ

Keshi:

Rohr:

So you accept that Keshi was paid N5m as your article stated? Convert that to Dollars and tell us how much it comes to.

And the NFF backtracked on the salary cut after Keshi ran to President Goodluck Jonathan.

Also, Rohr’s salary included the salary of his assistants unlike Keshi’s. I bet you didn’t know that.
Keshi paid some of his assistants as well.....
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

This Lolly just keeps digging
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

fabio wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:12 am
Lolly wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:06 am

Oliseh begs to differ

Keshi:

Rohr:

Keshi paid some of his assistants as well.....
Who was the assistant that he was paying? Sylvanus Okpala was paid directly by the NFF, same with the Togolese Valerie Hounandinuou. Both his assistants were eventually sacked but Keshi was told he was free to keep Hounandinuou as long as he would foot the bill.

https://dailypost.ng/2013/04/11/nff-sac ... nt-others/
NFF Rejects Keshi's Pleas for Okpala,Valerie

9 MAY 2013
This Day (Lagos)
By Olawale Ajimotokan

The board of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) bluntly refused to be swayed by the appeal of Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi, for the reinstatement of his two sacked back room assistants, Sylvanus Okpala and Valerie Hounandinuou.

The board which met Wednesday rejected the plea and felt that the down sizing policy that led to the dismissal of the two back room officials was a necessary cost cutting measure.