WHO WILL RESCUE Nigeria from the World Cup ABYSS that a foreign Manager put us?.........

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: WHO WILL RESCUE Nigeria from the World Cup ABYSS that a foreign Manager put us?.........

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:00 am The new coach local or foreign has 8 out of 10 matches to overturn a 2 point deficit to Rwanda and a 1 goal deficit to South Africa.

There are no excuses. NONE. There is quite frankly, nothing to "rescue"

If they feel that is too insurmountable a task, then why on earth are they applying for the job ?

I see the local coach advocates ARE ALREADY MAKING EXCUSES in case their man who has been an utter failure as a national team coach in his previous stint FAILS AGAIN.

There are no excuses. 8 out of 10 matches remain. That is more matches than we played in the last 2 world cup qualifying campaigns.

If we fail to qualify it is on the new coach. At the very least 80% of the blame is.
Absolutely.
Abyss?
With 24 points to play for and to turn over a 2-goal, 2-point deficit?

Enugu II, you don come again o!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bell
Egg
Egg
Re: WHO WILL RESCUE Nigeria from the World Cup ABYSS that a foreign Manager put us?.........

Post by Bell »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:08 am
Bell wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:55 am
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:33 am
Bell wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:25 am
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:00 am The new coach local or foreign has 8 out of 10 matches to overturn a 2 goal deficit to Rwanda and a 1 goal deficit to South Africa.

There are no excuses. NONE.

If they feel that is too insurmountable a task, then why on earth are they applying for the job ?

I see the local coach advocates ARE ALREADY MAKING EXCUSES in case their man who has been an utter failure as a national team coach in his previous stint FAILS AGAIN.

There are no excuses. 8 out of 10 matches remain. That is more matches than we played in the last 2 world cup qualifying campaigns.

If we fail to qualify it is on the new coach. At the very least 80% of the blame is.

EIGHT MATCHES PLENTY, BUT WHY ERASE THE MARGIN OF ERROR

You can't afford to give points away so instead of cruising to qualification every match becomes more of a "must win". The ability of the coach is not the only factor to consider. What about, we forbid, injuries to multiple key players, referee action or loss of form? And if Peseiro can only bag draws against the concensus minnows, one of them a home match, what can we expect against the stronger teams?

AND WHY THE HECK DID THE FOREIGN COACH ADVOCATES NOT CALL FOR HIS HEAD ON A PLATTER? DID THEY THINK THEY WERE MEANINGLESS FRIENDLIES?
Bell
Stop your LAME a$$ excuses.

Rohr qualified us from a group of death and even dashed away 3 points for playing Shehu when he was ineligible.

Our new coach has EIGHT MATCHES. He even has plenty of room to make even more errors.

If he cannot qualify us he has no business being coach.

You guys are so lame and pathetic you are already .making excuses with EIGHT REMAINING MATCHES.

SO YOU'RE SAYING IT'S OKAY TO WIPE OUT THE MARGIN OF ERROR?

I've said eight games are plenty to clean up the mess of another foreign coach (hello Johannes Bonfrere). But that's assuming everything goes well. Now the team cannot afford injuries, a flat turnout or coaching mistakes. Why not qualify ASAP and use the balance of matches for tuneups? Making excuses? Nope. Because its hasn't even been confirmed that the job is going to a Nigerian.

And I ask again, why were the foreign coach advocates not up in arms?
Bell
Pesseiro had to deal with injuries, flat turnouts and coaching mistakes but he was expected to overcome them I’m 90mins. What are your expectations for Amuneke or any local coach hired?
ALWAYS EXCUSING FOREIGN COACHES

This is the kind of excuse making we (and now Siasia) are talking about. When a foreign coach loses, it's not his fault (as if other countries and other coaches don't deal with injuries) and the foreign advocates are quick to absolve him ("it's not his fault") but when a Nigerin loses a meaningless friendly, it is considered full proof of his incompetence.
Bell
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

A recent AFCON finalist quacking in its boots because of Rwanda and South Africa?

South Africa was our only competition, but they're notoriously inconsistent, as they've already proven with just two games played.

I expect even an average coach to top the group unless there are other deeper issues with the team, like lack of bonus payment, etc.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Orion wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:20 am A recent AFCON finalist quacking in its boots because of Rwanda and South Africa?

South Africa was our only competition, but they're notoriously inconsistent, as they've already proven with just two games played.

I expect even an average coach to top the group unless there are other deeper issues with the team, like lack of bonus payment, etc.
How consistent is the SE? How come we are not topping the table right now?

Congrats to the SE for getting the the final of the ANC but the problems are still evident in the number of goals scored during the tournament.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

wanaj0 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:54 am
Orion wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:20 am A recent AFCON finalist quacking in its boots because of Rwanda and South Africa?

Congrats to the SE for getting the the final of the ANC but the problems are still evident in the number of goals scored during the tournament.
We're more consistent than SA. We don't randomly lose away games to minnows like they can do.

Although our home games have been a problem lately, I believe this is due to admin problems with the team, like non-payment of bonuses, etc.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Damunk wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:02 am
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:00 am The new coach local or foreign has 8 out of 10 matches to overturn a 2 point deficit to Rwanda and a 1 goal deficit to South Africa.

There are no excuses. NONE. There is quite frankly, nothing to "rescue"

Absolutely.
Abyss?
With 24 points to play for and to turn over a 2-goal, 2-point deficit?

Enugu II, you don come again o!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Typical EII, running with the hare and hunting with the hounds! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am happy
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Rescue indeed.

The new coach would be judged on the remaining 8 matches. Peseiro was a poor coach. That has been concluded and closed.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Exactly what I wanted .... set the record straight.

People here, as well as in the newspapers, have begun running amok that only an FC can get Nigeria to the World Cup.... don't appoint a Nigerian as Manager because that means no World Cup (????).... Really? :???: :???:

Well, the record is that currently we are in a hole..... in third place behind two countries in a group that Nigeria is seeded No. 1. Well, it was not a local Manager that has Nigeria in that hole. Let that sink in. Nigeria got into that hole under an FC. Let that sink in.

This post was deliberately put up as a means of a RECORDING. It is what it is. Thus, months down the road we should not have revisionist storming here and writing about how local Managers cannot get Nigeria to the World Cup or if a local Manager does so, we would not have a revisionist claiming replace him because a local Manager cannot do jack at the World Cup.

Until we begin to understand: that whether you are local or foreign, it depends on the individual's ability. Until we understand that hiring a journeyman European simply because his European will not do.... Until then, these anomalies shall be highlighted.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:35 pm :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

People here, as well as in the newspapers, have begun running amok that only an FC can get Nigeria to the World Cup.... don't appoint a Nigerian as Manager because that means no World Cup (????).... Really? :???: :???:

Well, the record is that currently we are in a hole..... in third place behind two countries in a group that Nigeria is seeded No. 1. Well, it was not a local Manager that has Nigeria in that hole. Let that sink in. Nigeria got into that hole under an FC. Let that sink in.

This post was deliberately put up as a means of a RECORDING. It is what it is. Thus, months down the road we should not have revisionist storming here and writing about how local Managers cannot get Nigeria to the World Cup or if a local Manager does so, we would not have a revisionist claiming replace him because a local Manager cannot do jack at the World Cup.

Until we begin to understand: that whether you are local or foreign, it depends on the individual's ability. Until we understand that hiring a journeyman European simply because his European will not do.... Until then, these anomalies shall be highlighted.
This is how you black mambas play it! No one hires a coach because he’s white, they’re hired because of their pedigree. Rohr and Peseiro were not hired because of their skin colour but because of the body of work they have done which includes coaching at the highest levels in their respective countries.
These same group of freedom fighters want to employ a coach just because he’s black and I remember EII celebrating Eguavoen’s appointment as SE manager about 3 years ago just because he’s a local coach and obviously black!
So please stop projecting yourself to those who ask for the best man to be appointed irrespective of their skin colour!
Stop pretending that you want the best man for the job, you are not fooling anyone. All you want to a local coach and stop speaking from both sides of your mouth regarding the coaching issue!
I am happy
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Owngoal now reporting that Amuneke hasn't been confirmed yet.

They also report that the Tanzanians are CLOWNING US for even considering Amuneke.

They say the team has much improved since he left which is evident by their 2 points at the recent AFCON.

Apparently with Tanzania he only won 2 matches and lost 6. This is the kind of joke we want to lead our team. A failed men's national coach, and a failed U20 coach of Nigeria.

He is much worse than a "journeyman" He isn't on a journey, he is LOST.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Dammy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:06 pm

This is how you black mambas play it! No one hires a coach because he’s white, they’re hired because of their pedigree. Rohr and Peseiro were not hired because of their skin colour but because of the body of work they have done which includes coaching at the highest levels in their respective countries.
These same group of freedom fighters want to employ a coach just because he’s black and I remember EII celebrating Eguavoen’s appointment as SE manager about 3 years ago just because he’s a local coach and obviously black!
So please stop projecting yourself to those who ask for the best man to be appointed irrespective of their skin colour!
Stop pretending that you want the best man for the job, you are not fooling anyone. All you want to a local coach and stop speaking from both sides of your mouth regarding the coaching issue!
Kai! The agenda is real. Wow! So you can shamelessly say that with a straight face. Passeiro's work for example, has been filled with failure. Ask the Venezuelans. Abeg don't say body of work for these in two. We can check.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:39 pm Owngoal now reporting that Amuneke hasn't been confirmed yet.

They also report that the Tanzanians are CLOWNING US for even considering Amuneke.

They say the team has much improved since he left which is evident by their 2 points at the recent AFCON.

Apparently with Tanzania he only won 2 matches and lost 6. This is the kind of joke we want to lead our team. A failed men's national coach, and a failed U20 coach of Nigeria.

He is much worse than a "journeyman" He isn't on a journey, he is LOST.
Your agenda is so clear. It ain't even football related. You don't have to lie to force your agenda. Where is the evidence that the Tanzanians are clowning us for considering Amuneke?
Kai, you are so dishonest!!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I am actually not going to blame the new coach if Nigeria fails to qualify for the world cup. It takes time to build a team. There are no more minnows in African football. Nigeria has a lot of injuries and the preparation has been piss poor. You don't even have a coach today. They are leaking reports that an indigenous coach is plan B if they can;t agree wage terms with a foreign coach.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

highbury wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:50 pm

Kai! The agenda is real. Wow! So you can shamelessly say that with a straight face. Passeiro's work for example, has been filled with failure. Ask the Venezuelans. Abeg don't say body of work for these in two. We can check.
So Amunike’s CV is not filled with failure? Let me remind you of his recent roles in Tanzania and Egypt where he was sacked for poor performance, or is your head buried in the sand that you have forgotten he was part of the set-up that failed to qualify us for the 2022 World Cup.
I have not said that Rohr and Peseiro do not have poor results as well but they have experience of handling the biggest clubs in France and Portugal. Amunike even failed to qualify the U17 WC winners for the AFCON U20. Appointing Amunike is recycling failure! I would prefer Finidi to remain in the position than appoint Amunike!
I am happy
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:54 pm I am actually not going to blame the new coach if Nigeria fails to qualify for the world cup. It takes time to build a team. There are no more minnows in African football. Nigeria has a lot of injuries and the preparation has been piss poor. You don't even have a coach today. They are leaking reports that an indigenous coach is plan B if they can;t agree wage terms with a foreign coach.
So why is the "new coach" accepting the job? To get paid?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:36 pm

So Amunike’s CV is not filled with failure? Let me remind you of his recent roles in Tanzania and Egypt where he was sacked for poor performance, or is your head buried in the sand that you have forgotten he was part of the set-up that failed to qualify us for the 2022 World Cup.
I have not said that Rohr and Peseiro do not have poor results as well but they have experience of handling the biggest clubs in France and Portugal. Amunike even failed to qualify the U17 WC winners for the AFCON U20. Appointing Amunike is recycling failure! I would prefer Finidi to remain in the position than appoint Amunike!
Many of these people cannot separate their love for a person as a player from a person as a coach.

They loved him deeply as a player. He was their flying winger, when they were in their 20s. And he excited them and gave them job. If they separate that situation from him as a coach, they will NEVER accept him as a coach. Ignore his name and look at his CV and they will NEVER accept such a sh1t CV - NEVER!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Don't take up the job if you are not sure of getting result due to the circumstances surrounding the job. There is no excuse! Don't give us any bs excuse if you fail. This is not about national service, patriotism, lack of familiarity with African football terrain (for FCs), NFF unprofessional approach, team building, learning exercise etc.

Don't pretend to be doing us any favor, in fact do us a huge favor by simply not taking up the job if you can't accept responsibility for the every possible outcome. If you can't get Nigeria through with 8 matches to play then don't apply.
ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:54 pm I am actually not going to blame the new coach if Nigeria fails to qualify for the world cup. It takes time to build a team. There are no more minnows in African football. Nigeria has a lot of injuries and the preparation has been piss poor. You don't even have a coach today. They are leaking reports that an indigenous coach is plan B if they can;t agree wage terms with a foreign coach.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Fear Mongering post. Why did you edit the table to remove the wins and losses? Like I have said before, We are in the best position to qualify. We have not lost any game yet. Rwanda is yet to play a road game, and South Africa lost the one road game they have played. We will top the group after June. Mark my words!

After the June games, Nigeria will have 7 points, South Africa will have at best 6 points ( most likely 4 points), and Rwanda will have still have 4 points.
Enugu II wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:49 am The fact is that as the NFF continues to politik and all manner of influencers are using the media, state officials, and all tactics to push forward their candidate -- both local and foreign --Nigeria remains tattered on third in its World Cup group. See the table placed below. It was achieved under a foreign manager. It is a position that Nigeria has earned under the managership of foreign coach -- Jose Peseiro of Portugal. Let us not forget that FACT. Two points were lost in a home game under his managership. So it is INCREDIBLE for some to argue that the reason a local manager should not be hired is that the local cannot ensure Nigeria's qualification to a World Cup. A local Manager cannnot assure qualification but a foreign manager cannot do so as well.

Yet, years ago, we were in similar predicament under the managership of Johaness Bonfrere and it was worse. Nigeria had little margin of error when the NFF eventually summoned courage to fire Johnaess Bonfrere. Shuaibu Amodu, a local, was hired. The rest is history. Amodu ran the table and Nigeria qualified for the World Cup. History may repeat itself yet again.

I have posted this here to inform everyone that not all of us is bereft of history. So when the ignorant argues that no local Manager can qualify Nigeria for the World Cup, we know better. It already happened? The question is: can it happen again? We watch........
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy,

Is this a joke or are you sure you can defend what you just stated? Let me just address one:

Please let us know what Peseiro's stellar record, with national teams, was at the time Nigeria hired him? Gosh, it was just recent, so it cannot be forgotten.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

YemiBrazil wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:59 pm Don't take up the job if you are not sure of getting result due to the circumstances surrounding the job. There is no excuse! Don't give us any bs excuse if you fail. This is not about national service, patriotism, lack of familiarity with African football terrain (for FCs), NFF unprofessional approach, team building, learning exercise etc.

Don't pretend to be doing us any favor, in fact do us a huge favor by simply not taking up the job if you can't accept responsibility for the every possible outcome. If you can't get Nigeria through with 8 matches to play then don't apply.
If they offered me the job. I would be clear. I will tell them I will give them my best. But Nigeria faces an uphill task to qualify for the WC. Would also ask for a 2 year contract @$75 a month.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I go tell you like i see am. Nigeria faces an uphill task. No coach is a magician. He needs time to build his team.

Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Orion wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:53 am
wanaj0 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:54 am

We're more consistent than SA. We don't randomly lose away games to minnows like they can do.

Although our home games have been a problem lately, I believe this is due to admin problems with the team, like non-payment of bonuses, etc.

ADMINISTRATIVE PROBLEMS?

Not the coach?
Bell
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:02 pm
YemiBrazil wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:59 pm Don't take up the job if you are not sure of getting result due to the circumstances surrounding the job. There is no excuse! Don't give us any bs excuse if you fail. This is not about national service, patriotism, lack of familiarity with African football terrain (for FCs), NFF unprofessional approach, team building, learning exercise etc.

If they offered me the job. I would be clear. I will tell them I will give them my best. But Nigeria faces an uphill task to qualify for the WC. Would also ask for a 2 year contract @$75 a month.
Wetin you dey drink.. hope you have not relocated to Houston?

For SE, no one is offering you nada! :mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *