OSAZE CALLS LOCAL COACHES PLAYER AGENTS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
OSAZE CALLS LOCAL COACHES PLAYER AGENTS

Post by vancity eagle »

There you have it. He says no to a local coach because they are ALL player agents who use SE to market their clients ahead of better players.

That right there is why I will never back a local coach, until this culture of corruption changes.

Is he lying ? I don't think so. We've seen clear evidence of this nonsense under literally every local coach.

We don't have time for this garbage in 2024.

Look at how blatant Finidi was with his bias and negligence. He wasn't even trying to hide the fact that he had a clear agenda that had nothing to do with building a strong SE.

Kudos to Osaze. Maybe he should be coach one day, nor these crooked 94 bunch.
Last edited by vancity eagle on Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
highbury
Egg
Egg
Re: OZAZE CALLS LOCAL COACHES PLAYER AGENTS

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:39 pm There you have it. He says no to a local coach because they are ALL player agents who use SE to market their clients ahead of better players.

That right there is why I will never back a local coach, until this culture of corruption changes.

Is he lying ? I don't think so. We've seen clear evidence of this nonsense under literally every local coach.

Look at how blatant Finidi was with his bias and negligence. He wasn't even trying to hide the fact that he had a clear agenda that had nothing to do with building a strong SE.

Why are you opening another thread with the same garbage? I don't know who you're trying to convince? If you're going to quote Osaze, please get his name right.
Obong
Egg
Egg
Re: OSAZE CALLS LOCAL COACHES PLAYER AGENTS

Post by Obong »

Osaze isn't quite accurate. Factually, ALL the national team coaches have been involved in player marketing at various levels. Both of our most successful coaches, Westerhof(foreigner) and Keshi(Nigerian), were reportedly actively involved. Perhaps only the recent man, Peseiro, seems not to have been involved.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Osaze isn't quite accurate. Factually, ALL the national team coaches have been involved in player marketing at various levels. Both of our most successful coaches, Westerhof(foreigner) and Keshi(Nigerian), were reportedly actively involved. Perhaps only the recent man, Peseiro, seems not to have been involved.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Why is this thread is still on? Mods take care of this or I will open another thread talking about the same garbage.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Obong wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:25 pm Osaze isn't quite accurate. Factually, ALL the national team coaches have been involved in player marketing at various levels. Both of our most successful coaches, Westerhof(foreigner) and Keshi(Nigerian), were reportedly actively involved. Perhaps only the recent man, Peseiro, seems not to have been involved.
You obviously have selective amnesia. Rohr, Troussier, Lagerback, Bora, Vogts and Pesseiro were not involved in player pimping. Ironically, Westerhof is arguably the most successful of them all. If Osaze who spent yrs playing for SE tells us something based on his experience it’s 100% true. We already have Salisu and SSS who are convicted crooks, Keshi, and Amodu also involved in insider trading according to some reports. Pls name a local SE coach that hasn’t been implicated. Pls name 1.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:39 pm There you have it. He says no to a local coach because they are ALL player agents who use SE to market their clients ahead of better players.

Source please.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Damunk wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:17 am

Source please.
Owngoal.

But that article even refers to a previous statement made by him asserting the same in 2020.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

They call us WOWO.

But is it our fault that all these local coaches are corrupt crooks. Documented as well.

Whose fault is that ?

Can we just get any coach with integrity. That is literally half the battle won right there.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:52 am
Obong wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:25 pm Osaze isn't quite accurate. Factually, ALL the national team coaches have been involved in player marketing at various levels. Both of our most successful coaches, Westerhof(foreigner) and Keshi(Nigerian), were reportedly actively involved. Perhaps only the recent man, Peseiro, seems not to have been involved.
You obviously have selective amnesia. Rohr, Troussier, Lagerback, Bora, Vogts and Pesseiro were not involved in player pimping. Ironically, Westerhof is arguably the most successful of them all. If Osaze who spent yrs playing for SE tells us something based on his experience it’s 100% true. We already have Salisu and SSS who are convicted crooks, Keshi, and Amodu also involved in insider trading according to some reports. Pls name a local SE coach that hasn’t been implicated. Pls name 1.
They will tell you Osaze is lying.

Just like they said Adebayor lied when he claimed he got in a fist fight with Keshi when he refused to sign with his agency.

Then we have Finidi fighting with a player over a jersey.

These guys are all self serving corrupt criminals. Let them nowhere near SE.

Hopefully the reports of a foreign manager are true.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:22 am They call us WOWO.

But is it our fault that all these local coaches are corrupt crooks. Documented as well.

Whose fault is that ?

Can we just get any coach with integrity. That is literally half the battle won right there.
That’s the crux of the matter INTEGRITY!!! Just give us a coach with integrity but we are called names for asking for that!
The black mambas just want a local coach and don’t care about integrity, and that says a lot about them.
There’s so many stories online that Amunike’s integrity or have we forgotten how Iheanacho’s father cried out after the U17 World Cup that Amunike had kidnapped his son and was trying to force him to sign a contract with Porto in exchange for a fee. The issue was discussed here but deliberate collective amnesia has taken over!
I reiterate that I do not care if the coach is black or white, I just want the best option for the SE!
I am happy
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

ALL PURSUITS WORLDWIDE START WITH PROBLEMS

What well-meaning and smart people do in such cases is to seek solutions. INTERNALLY. They don't run out seeking outsiders to take over.

Example: when US political candidates were accused of being funded by corrupt interests, they didn't invite the UN to take over elections. They regulated the process asking every candidate to publish all their donors/donations.

Even Nigeria does that in many situations. Why should coaching the SE be an exception? Why not also bring foreign coaches for the age-grade teams where greater corruption is alleged?

I would not disparage Osaze (Odinwingie?) who served Nigeria well as far as we know. We should listen to him but verify his claims, but why not Odegbami who accomplished more and has always been deeply involved in Nigerian soccer?
Bell
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

I believe him.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Dammy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:49 am

Whose fault is that ?

That’s the crux of the matter INTEGRITY!!! Just give us a coach with integrity but we are called names for asking for that!
The black mambas just want a local coach and don’t care about integrity, and that says a lot about them.
There’s so many stories online that Amunike’s integrity or have we forgotten how Iheanacho’s father cried out after the U17 World Cup that Amunike had kidnapped his son and was trying to force him to sign a contract with Porto in exchange for a fee. The issue was discussed here but deliberate collective amnesia has taken over!
I reiterate that I do not care if the coach is black or white, I just want the best option for the SE!
Integrity is also coming up with evidence to back your claims, as Adokie did with Fortune Chukwudi. An accusation is not guilt. I have never demanded a bribe in my life even though my role in a multinational involved dealing with suppliers. But if I became a manager, Vancity will call me a crook because I am a Nigerian. And many of you will accept it hook, line and sinker.

Salisu and Siasia were caught and disciplined and I do not want them near our national teams. If anybody really feels that Amuneke is a crook, there are a few journalists that will take the information and publish it. We cannot keep tarring every Nigerian that comes forward for the role. Amuneke has not been found guilty of any corruption and there is no conclusive evidence of his corruption.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

aruako1 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:15 am

Whose fault is that ?

Integrity is also coming up with evidence to back your claims, as Adokie did with Fortune Chukwudi. An accusation is not guilt. I have never demanded a bribe in my life even though my role in a multinational involved dealing with suppliers. But if I became a manager, Vancity will call me a crook because I am a Nigerian. And many of you will accept it hook, line and sinker.

Salisu and Siasia were caught and disciplined and I do not want them near our national teams. If anybody really feels that Amuneke is a crook, there are a few journalists that will take the information and publish it. We cannot keep tarring every Nigerian that comes forward for the role. Amuneke has not been found guilty of any corruption and there is no conclusive evidence of his corruption.
A man has not been appointed as the coach, yet his minions are all over the media announcing him as the new coach. This forced the NFF to issue a statement denying the appointment. He’s busy accepting congratulations for a position that he has not been given and doesn’t have the integrity to come out and deny the appointment.
It’s obvious they’re trying to force the appointment and one wonders why they’re so desperate? I fear for the SE if Amunike is appointed because he will be answerable to the forces that pushed his appointment. That’s how we roll in Nigeria. INTEGRITY!!
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Whose fault is that ?

I don’t think I heard of this specific story, but I do know there were a few stories that came up, at least one of which he had to come out in public to deny.
It’s just frustrating when such a high percentage of our coaches have these things hanging over their heads.
We can deny it as much as we like, but it’s like a dark shadow that shades all of us.

The same population that our politicians emerge from is the same population our NFF officials come from and, like it or not, our coaches. We can’t but have a high index of suspicion - which we are quite happy to have when we are broad-brushing corrupt government officials and the “corrupt” and “clueless” NFF. And we are quite happy to insult them quite freely.

But when it comes to our coaches, the WOWOORs suddenly become bleeding hearts and cry that we are ‘WOWOs’, discriminating against our own.
But the optics are very bad and not without reason.

Like you said, we simply want integrity across the board.
It’s not my fault that my people have a higher than average integrity problem. Not all are guilty of course but why can’t we insist on zero tolerance?
For that “not caring” that you mention, the WOWOORs will call you a WOWO and give you a long lecture on the discrimination black coaches in Europe and America are experiencing at the hands of ‘The White Man’. :rotf:

Gimme a break. Na today black man dey overcome?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Damunk wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

Whose fault is that ?

I don’t think I heard of this specific story, but I do know there were a few stories that came up, at least one of which he had to come out in public to deny.
It’s just frustrating when such a high percentage of our coaches have these things hanging over their heads.
We can deny it as much as we like, but it’s like a dark shadow that shades all of us.

The same population that our politicians emerge from is the same population our NFF officials come from and, like it or not, our coaches. We can’t but have a high index of suspicion - which we are quite happy to have when we are broad-brushing corrupt government officials and the “corrupt” and “clueless” NFF. And we are quite happy to insult them quite freely.

But when it comes to our coaches, the WOWOORs suddenly become bleeding hearts and cry that we are ‘WOWOs’, discriminating against our own.

It’s not my fault that my people have a higher than average integrity problem. Not all are guilty of course but why can’t we insist on zero tolerance?
For that “not caring” that you mention, the WOWOORs will call you a WOWO and give you a long lecture on the discrimination black coaches in Europe and America are experiencing at the hands of ‘The White Man’. :rotf:

Was reported on CE.

viewtopic.php?p=4022489
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

Whose fault is that ?

If I may add, what makes Amuneke the leading candidate. He just like Eguavon are NFF system guys. They are the reason for not qualifying to the last World Cup that alone should be disqualifying however he is being pushed by the same corrupt guys in NFF as if he is the best local coach available.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ugly boy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:11 am

Whose fault is that ?

If I may add, what makes Amuneke the leading candidate. He just like Eguavon are NFF system guys. They are the reason for not qualifying to the last World Cup that alone should be disqualifying however he is being pushed by the same corrupt guys in NFF as if he is the best local coach available.
In all fairness, we don’t really have any more local options.
It’s a reflection of the poor state of our coaching department.
As far back as 3 yrs ago when the call for a local coach was at a crescendo, many of us asked the question, ‘Who’?

Then it was between Amuneke, Finidi, Eguavoen, Yusuf and one faceless, nameless coach “doing great things” somewhere in Nigeria.
One by one, they’ve either been eliminated or they’ve eliminated themselves.
Amuneke is the only one left. Nobody else has the kind of CV he has which, truth be told, is really not saying much.

In the land of the blind, who do they say is King? :atc:
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

Damunk wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:32 am
ugly boy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:11 am

Whose fault is that ?

In all fairness, we don’t really have any more local options.
It’s a reflection of the poor state of our coaching department.
As far back as 3 yrs ago when the call for a local coach was at a crescendo, many of us asked the question, ‘Who’?

Then it was between Amuneke, Finidi, Eguavoen, Yusuf and one faceless, nameless coach “doing great things” somewhere in Nigeria.
One by one, they’ve either been eliminated or they’ve eliminated themselves.
Amuneke is the only one left. Nobody else has the kind of CV he has which, truth be told, is really not saying much.

In the land of the blind, who do they say is King? :atc:
I saw some NPFL highlights and while we are not blessed with many good coaches of Nigerian descent I refuse to believe Amuneke is a top 5 coach in Nigeria. Even Finidi we all criticized for his man management is a better coach than Amuneke
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Dammy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:38 am

Whose fault is that ?

A man has not been appointed as the coach, yet his minions are all over the media announcing him as the new coach. This forced the NFF to issue a statement denying the appointment. He’s busy accepting congratulations for a position that he has not been given and doesn’t have the integrity to come out and deny the appointment.
It’s obvious they’re trying to force the appointment and one wonders why they’re so desperate? I fear for the SE if Amunike is appointed because he will be answerable to the forces that pushed his appointment. That’s how we roll in Nigeria. INTEGRITY!!
Now that is a real concern if there is undue influence in his appointment. But none of the above shows any undue influence.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

aruako1 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:31 pm

Whose fault is that ?

Now that is a real concern if there is undue influence in his appointment. But none of the above shows any undue influence.
Of course there is undue influence and it’s obvious. Even the National Orientation Agency (NOA) have congratulated him on a fictitious appointment on their website.
It’s like he’s being forced down the throat of the NFF by some people with vested interests.
If he gets the job, he’s already compromised and we know what that means from experience
I am happy
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Dammy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:51 pm
aruako1 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:31 pm

Whose fault is that ?

Of course there is undue influence and it’s obvious. Even the National Orientation Agency (NOA) have congratulated him on a fictitious appointment on their website.
It’s like he’s being forced down the throat of the NFF by some people with vested interests.
If he gets the job, he’s already compromised and we know what that means from experience
Bros, he is just using the press to pressurise the NFF. Nothing wrong with that. The others applicants can do the same if they wish. At the end of the day, those who matter have already made their decision on who the next coach is. I suspect they are already talking figures.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."