Vincent Enyeama gives two reasons why he did not apply for Super Eagles coaching job after Jose Peseiro

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg
Vincent Enyeama gives two reasons why he did not apply for Super Eagles coaching job after Jose Peseiro

Post by iworo »

The former Lille star is arguably the greatest goalkeeper in the history of Nigerian football

2013 Africa Cup of Nations winner Vincent Enyeama has revealed his eyes are set on becoming the head coach of the Super Eagles in the not-too-distant future, Soccernet.ng reports.

Enyeama confessed that two factors stopped him from joining others in applying for the position, as it has been vacant since the departure of Portuguese tactician Jose Peseiro.

It would be recalled that several former Nigeria internationals, including Daniel Amokachi, Michael Nsien, George Finidi, and Emmanuel Amunike, showed interest in becoming the head coach of the national team after Peseiro quit the role.

The former Sporting Lisbon and Porto boss had guided the Super Eagles to the final of the 2023 AFCON in Cote d’Ivoire. Still, he left the position after failing to reach a contract extension agreement with the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF.

Former Lille goalkeeper Enyeama has revealed he would have also thrown his hat in the ring for the job if he had secured his coaching certificate and was not so invested in his hotel business.

Since his retirement, the CAF Champions League winner has devoted his time and resources to the growth and expansion of the Vinpy Hotels.

In between his business endeavours, Enyeama has been shuttling Europe and Nigeria, working on getting his coaching papers.

The former Enyimba FC goalie maintains that, but for these two impediments, he would have been in the running to be the new Super Eagles coach.

Asked in a chat with Afrik-Foot why he has not applied to work with the national team as many others have done, Enyeama replied,
“No, no, no. It’s not that I am not interested; it’s just that I am not certified. For you to be able to coach the Super Eagles, you must be certified. That’s the minimum standard.

“That’s the number one reason, and then for the fact that I have been very busy developing and managing my hotel has taken a lot of my attention, and that business is the most important thing for me now.

“So football is like number two for me now unless just one day the Nigeria Football Federation says, ‘Please come and share your wealth of experience in this area with these players,’ then it becomes a different thing altogether.

“For now, I have to wait until I get the necessary certificate before I can say this is where I want to coach or the area where I can support the national teams.”
Former Nigerian goalkeepers often tend to become goalkeeper coaches after they end their playing careers.

However, Enyeama insists his desire is not to join the queue for goalkeeping coaches but to handle a senior team as the head coach.
“Whatever I am doing now is how to become a full coach of a team, and not just goalies trainer. If I have to be a goalies trainer, then it has to be with very young ones in junior teams because they are the ones you really teach.

“They are still growing and open to learning new things; these ones you can easily transmit what you want.

“Some of the established goalkeepers are not so easy to manage because they already have fixed mindsets kind of. When you are called into the national team, you don’t really coach them but manage them.

“That’s why most trainers usually introduce exercises that would keep the goalkeepers very fit as they already are formed and firm in other areas.

“It will be nice to manage the full team because, as a goalkeeper, you always have a full view of the field and what everyone is doing at any given time.

“And that’s why most goalies make good coaches and most midfielders do well too, as we can see in (Pep) Guardiola, (Xabi) Alonso, Xavi. They were all midfielders.”
Enyeama is the most capped Super Eagles goalkeeper, with 101 appearances for the three-time African champions before retiring in 2015.

https://soccernet.ng/2024/04/vincent-en ... seiro.html
iworo
Egg
Egg
Re: Vincent Enyeama gives two reasons why he did not apply for Super Eagles coaching job after Jose Peseiro

Post by iworo »

Here's another one waiting for a handout :lol: :lol: :lol: . While those (i.e. Keshi) dedicated to pursuing a coaching career actively seek experience by traveling far and wide, our entitled ex-soccer players simply expect jobs to be handed to them on a silver platter. These are the same individuals who label hardworking coaches as mere journeymen, all the while sitting idle, making no effort to develop themselves.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Vincent Enyeama gives two reasons why he did not apply for Super Eagles coaching job after Jose Peseiro

Post by danfo driver »

iworo wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:28 pm Here's another one waiting for a handout :lol: :lol: :lol: . While those (i.e. Keshi) dedicated to pursuing a coaching career actively seek experience by traveling far and wide, our entitled ex-soccer players simply expect jobs to be handed to them on a silver platter. These are the same individuals who label hardworking coaches as mere journeymen, all the while sitting idle, making no effort to develop themselves.
Dude is a shameless okra-eating CLOWN! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

iworo wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:28 pm Here's another one waiting for a handout :lol: :lol: :lol: . While those (i.e. Keshi) dedicated to pursuing a coaching career actively seek experience by traveling far and wide, our entitled ex-soccer players simply expect jobs to be handed to them on a silver platter. These are the same individuals who label hardworking coaches as mere journeymen, all the while sitting idle, making no effort to develop themselves.
It may be a matter of comprehension. Enyeama has made it clear that he is working on getting his certificates -attending courses and improving himself while running his very successful Vinpy Hotels. At no point did he say he wanted a coaching job on a platter. The man is already an employer of labor and is improving himself for a future role. He has even made it clear he does not want to be limited to being just a goalkeeper trainer.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Obong wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:11 pm
It may be a matter of comprehension. Enyeama has made it clear that he is working on getting his certificates -attending courses and improving himself while running his very successful Vinpy Hotels. At no point did he say he wanted a coaching job on a platter. The man is already an employer of labor and is improving himself for a future role. He has even made it clear he does not want to be limited to being just a goalkeeper trainer.
You're damn right, it may be a matter of comprehension for you.
“No, no, no. It’s not that I am not interested; it’s just that I am not certified. For you to be able to coach the Super Eagles, you must be certified. That’s the minimum standard.

“That’s the number one reason, and then for the fact that I have been very busy developing and managing my hotel has taken a lot of my attention, and that business is the most important thing for me now.

So football is like number two for me now unless just one day the Nigeria Football Federation says, ‘Please come and share your wealth of experience in this area with these players,’ then it becomes a different thing altogether.

“For now, I have to wait until I get the necessary certificate before I can say this is where I want to coach or the area where I can support the national teams.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Na only Oyibo deserve handout.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Na only Oyibo deserve handout.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

iworo wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:23 pm
Obong wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:11 pm
You're damn right, it may be a matter of comprehension for you.

So football is like number two for me now unless just one day the Nigeria Football Federation says, ‘Please come and share your wealth of experience in this area with these players,’ then it becomes a different thing altogether.

“For now, I have to wait until I get the necessary certificate before I can say this is where I want to coach or the area where I can support the national teams.
:) :D At the minimum, it's obvious you skipped classes in primary school otherwise you wouldn't jump to criticize Enyeama who, based on the article and his tremendous businesses success, isn't asking for a handout.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Is that what you garnered from the article? :oops: :oops: :oops:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Cellular wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:45 pm
I assumed the guy was trolling…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:10 pm

This is what Enyeama said:
“So football is like number two for me now unless just one day the Nigeria Football Federation says, ‘Please come and share your wealth of experience in this area with these players,’ then it becomes a different thing altogether.
What part of the highlighted is not waiting for a handout from the NFF?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:14 pm

Not sure why they are ignoring that. Perhaps they are visualizing "waiting for handout" to mean, he is physically sitting outside the NFF office.

Or perhaps because that one is "double-speaking." "oh! football is 2nd for me, but if the NFF give me a free job I will take!" He knows what he is doing. He is saying football is sedond, so that people like Iworo will not insist that he goes out, work hard, train himself and get a dang job! Afterall, "its 2nd for me and I dont really want to work in football... but but but .. if the NFF hand me a job on a platter, I will take it" :roll:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

The fact that he said he is in the process of getting his coaching badges means he's not waiting for anyone. However, if they do ask him he won't hesitate to help. But go ahead and interpret it however you want to suit your biases...doesn't really have any bearing on reality...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:03 pm
Dude is a shameless okra-eating CLOWN! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wha choo looking at?!
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:30 pm

Not sure why they are ignoring that. Perhaps they are visualizing "waiting for handout" to mean, he is physically sitting outside the NFF office.

Or perhaps because that one is "double-speaking." "oh! football is 2nd for me, but if the NFF give me a free job I will take!" He knows what he is doing. He is saying football is sedond, so that people like Iworo will not insist that he goes out, work hard, train himself and get a dang job! Afterall, "its 2nd for me and I dont really want to work in football... but but but .. if the NFF hand me a job on a platter, I will take it" :roll:
Bro, it's best to refrain from engaging with folks who allow their sentiments and biases to cloud their reading comprehension. It's simply not worth your time and energy.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:49 pm

The fact that he said he is in the process of getting his coaching badges means he's not waiting for anyone. However, if they do ask him he won't hesitate to help. But go ahead and interpret it however you want to suit your biases...doesn't really have any bearing on reality...

But he never said he was in the process of getting his badges.
Plus he told you that football is not the main thing for him atm...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: , i have read the article twice and yet to see how Vince was begging for a gig
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

txj wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:09 pm

He clearly said
“For now, I have to wait until I get the necessary certificate before I can say this is where I want to coach or the area where I can support the national teams.”

Whatever I am doing now is how to become a full coach of a team, and not just goalies trainer. If I have to be a goalies trainer, then it has to be with very young ones in junior teams because they are the ones you really teach.
Clearly his current passion is his hotel, he also is the goal keeping coach of a youth team in France (Iris Club de Croix) where his son plays and he coached him up - and coaches when he’s in town. He is not waiting for anybody to do anything, he was just answering a question. Dude is very successful after soccer and still paying the knowledge forward through his role on the youth team, it’s just not his primary focus right now. But believe what you like, no shaking…

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6KDL3fs ... FwM3NlaQ==
Super Eagus 4 Life!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:41 pm

He clearly said

Whatever I am doing now is how to become a full coach of a team, and not just goalies trainer. If I have to be a goalies trainer, then it has to be with very young ones in junior teams because they are the ones you really teach.
Clearly his current passion is his hotel, he also is the goal keeping coach of a youth team in France (Iris Club de Croix) where his son plays and he coached him up - and coaches when he’s in town. He is not waiting for anybody to do anything, he was just answering a question. Dude is very successful after soccer and still paying the knowledge forward through his role on the youth team, it’s just not his primary focus right now. But believe what you like, no shaking…

What I believe here is of zero importance. What is important is what he has told us.

He's told you what his priorities are, and the order in which they come.
I'm happy for him that he's found success in his No. 1 goal- management of his hotel.

He's also told you that he likes coaching young players on the side (one of them being his son).

But he's also told you that IF the NFF offers him a position all of this would change.

That is the DEFINITION of waiting for a handout...

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

txj wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:45 am

He clearly said

What I believe here is of zero importance. What is important is what he has told us.

I'm happy for him that he's found success in his No. 1 goal- management of his hotel.

He's also told you that he likes coaching young players on the side (one of them being his son).

But he's also told you that IF the NFF offers him a position all of this would change.

Yawn…how can one be ‘waiting’ if they are already actively doing? Make it make sense!? And if we are being technical he didn’t say he was waiting for NFF for a coaching job, he said if they ask him to share some of his knowledge he would, that could be in the form of speaking to the players, being part of a seminar etc…so continue…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:23 pm
txj wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:45 am

He clearly said

Yawn…how can one be ‘waiting’ if they are already actively doing? Make it make sense!? And if we are being technical he didn’t say he was waiting for NFF for a coaching job, he said if they ask him to share some of his knowledge he would, that could be in the form of speaking to the players, being part of a seminar etc…so continue…

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

A call to serve is different from waiting for a handout.
Peter Obi For President 2023
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

iworo wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:55 pm
Bro, it's best to refrain from engaging with folks who allow their sentiments and biases to cloud their reading comprehension. It's simply not worth your time and energy.
The one who introduced bias and sentiments in the article you posted is you. You are the one with a reading comprehension issue due to your own bias.

Start from the beginning of the article you posted...
Enyeama confessed that two factors stopped him from joining others in applying for the position, as it has been vacant since the departure of Portuguese tactician Jose Peseiro.

...“No, no, no. It’s not that I am not interested; it’s just that I am not certified. For you to be able to coach the Super Eagles, you must be certified. That’s the minimum standard.

...So football is like number two for me now unless just one day the Nigeria Football Federation says, ‘Please come and share your wealth of experience in this area with these players,’ then it becomes a different thing altogether.

The man clearly stated that he would first have to get a certification before thinking about coaching. He did say that should Naijaria come calling (after he gets the certification), he will consider it.

How is that a man begging for handouts? Is he jobless? Is he looking to coach? It is from your biased mind that you pulled that $#% out of. And when called out on it you accuse others of having comprehension issue.

Enyeama is not looking for a coaching job. Neither is he looking for any handout from anyone.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!