Vincent Enyeama gives two reasons why he did not apply for Super Eagles coaching job after Jose Peseiro

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: Vincent Enyeama gives two reasons why he did not apply for Super Eagles coaching job after Jose Peseiro

Post by Cellular »

Babalawo wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:33 pm
txj wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:14 pm
maceo4 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:10 pm
Cellular wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:45 pm
iworo wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:28 pm Here's another one waiting for a handout :lol: :lol: :lol: . While those (i.e. Keshi) dedicated to pursuing a coaching career actively seek experience by traveling far and wide, our entitled ex-soccer players simply expect jobs to be handed to them on a silver platter. These are the same individuals who label hardworking coaches as mere journeymen, all the while sitting idle, making no effort to develop themselves.
Is that what you garnered from the article? :oops: :oops: :oops:
I assumed the guy was trolling…

This is what Enyeama said:
“So football is like number two for me now unless just one day the Nigeria Football Federation says, ‘Please come and share your wealth of experience in this area with these players,’ then it becomes a different thing altogether.
What part of the highlighted is not waiting for a handout from the NFF?
A call to serve is different from waiting for a handout.
You dey mind dem?

If Naijaria offers TXJ, Iworo, and Danfo Driver an opportunity to serve/lead in their area of expertise, is it also looking for handouts? To be looking for handouts, it implies you are in between jobs? No?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Vincent Enyeama gives two reasons why he did not apply for Super Eagles coaching job after Jose Peseiro

Post by maceo4 »

iworo wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:28 pm Here's another one waiting for a handout :lol: :lol: :lol: . While those (i.e. Keshi) dedicated to pursuing a coaching career actively seek experience by traveling far and wide, our entitled ex-soccer players simply expect jobs to be handed to them on a silver platter. These are the same individuals who label hardworking coaches as mere journeymen, all the while sitting idle, making no effort to develop themselves.

“So football is like number two for me now unless just one day the Nigeria Football Federation says, ‘Please come and share your wealth of experience in this area with these players,’ then it becomes a different thing altogether.
Don’t mind them…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:00 pm

You dey mind dem?

If Naijaria offers TXJ, Iworo, and Danfo Driver an opportunity to serve/lead in their area of expertise, is it also looking for handouts? To be looking for handouts, it implies you are in between jobs? No?

Your typical Trumpian logic :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

If Nigeria offers me an opportunity to serve, it would be because they see that I am ACTIVELY working in my area of expertise, and thus able to contribute. That I am not an economist analyst who's current #1 focus is selling utaba...

The man told you that football is secondary to him atm. He also told you that if the NFF comes calling him- then football will become #1 for him!!

That is the definition of a handout.

Every national assignment is a call to serve. Some people sit par, NEVER IMPROVING THEMSELVES while waiting/expecting that call.

That is the definition of a handout...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Is this article floated to advertise his hotel business. Speaking to eagles job while your current experience is booking 'short time' and hailing yahoo yahoo boys as customers. I hope he goes into coaching, his unrepentant arse will learn a thing or two about what he did to Siasia and Oliseh.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

felarey wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:51 pm Is this article floated to advertise his hotel business. Speaking to eagles job while your current experience is booking 'short time' and hailing yahoo yahoo boys as customers. I hope he goes into coaching, his unrepentant arse will learn a thing or two about what he did to Siasia and Oliseh.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cellular wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:00 pm

You dey mind dem?

I think you are purposefully taking a contrarian position here; if I should call it that.

We actually defined "hand out" on this thread. Hand out relates to someone who is doing NOTHING to improve himself in a specific field, and has zero desire to work hard to compete in that field. Instead, he is waiting for a job to be handed to him in that field, on a platter, without working for it, simply because he has friends there.

Although I am not a fan of his, Tony Elumelu, is apparently a great banker and businessman and continues to improve himself in banking and business. However, if Elumelu was waiting for the Bishop to appoint him a priest, without attending divinity school, taking the necessary steps to gain qualifications in the priesthood, then Elumelu is waiting for handout.

Same thing if Elumelu, who we all believe works very hard and improve himself, was waiting for the Vice Chancellor of Unilag to appoint him as Professor in the Law Department. And yet, he has not gain the qualifications or worked hard to become a lawyer, finished his PhD and completed the necessary process to become a professor of law.

P.s-- football might be Enyeama's area of expertise, but coaching is NOT his area of expertise. There is a stark, wide and absolutely stunning difference between playing and coaching.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

danfo driver wrote:
x———Typical twaddle snipped———x

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

It is sweeting me like Goody Goody! :woot: :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :woot: :woot:

Wha choo looking at?!