Broke NFF and NFF boss was in France on Tuesday.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Broke NFF and NFF boss was in France on Tuesday.

Post by ohenhen1 »

According to score Nigeria

KOC is saying the new coach will be announced today. He said it is between Finidi and Amuneke. According to his Twitter handle.

What I don't understand is how are they able to afford the trip to Paris?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Broke NFF and NFF boss was in France on Tuesday.

Post by Dammy »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:41 am According to score Nigeria

KOC is saying the new coach will be announced today. He said it is between Finidi and Amuneke. According to his Twitter handle.

Don’t believe KOC, he has vested interests in who becomes the coach.
Scorenigeria is more balanced in terms of their reporting
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:23 am

Dammy

This shows you have very little idea about journalistic integrity. KOC is one of Nigerian journalists with that. He does not simply regurgitate stuff read elsewhere like most of these journalists do. He and Shina Okeleji are at the very top. They are true journalists and it shows by the establishments that they represent. Of course, KOC could be wrong but only if his source is deliberate on that.

However, let's be clear he is a well trained journalist and not a tabloid rabble rouser or website clickbait.click bait. There is a difference.

However, on this issue and until a formal announcement is made by the NFF, I am not hanging my hat on any stuff NFF types put out in the media. Things can and do change up until the last minute.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

How much is a trip to Paris for God’s sake? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:17 pm

Damunk

Is the trip free? Does it not get charged to the NFF? Fact is that such trip on NFF funds should be certified as necessary or else it is waste.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:25 pm

Damunk

Is the trip free? Does it not get charged to the NFF? Fact is that such trip on NFF funds should be certified as necessary or else it is waste.
So does anyone have a clue whether it’s necessary or not before raising false alarms?
Do we even know who paid for the ticket?
Are we waiting for a personal email or public statement or publication of NFF accounts online before we recognise that being ‘broke’ does not mean all business stops.

A trip to Paris probably costs as much as flying one or two SE players from the UK to Naija and back.

That’s not the kine ‘broke’ we are talking about.
If it is, let’s just shut down football in Nigeria all together.
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

Damunk

If KOC twitted that, then it’s as good as the real truth amongst the noise.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Paris is expensive. Broke people don't go to Paris.

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I think it will be Finidi. I think Amuneke's team flooded the internet with false claim of his appointment to force the NFF's hands into appointing him. He will be announced as Finidi's assistant.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

1naija wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:24 pm I think it will be Finidi. I think Amuneke's team flooded the internet with false claim of his appointment to force the NFF's hands into appointing him. He will be announced as Finidi's assistant.

To me, that’s the only thing that makes sense right now.
But this is Nigeria.
Sense often has nothing to do with it.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The NFF or some one that works for the NFF visits or read CE. They have now used the BBC guy Oluwakeji to release pictures of the NFF chief posing with Ekong claiming he was visiting players recuperating from Injury. They say he spent a few days in Paris doing the job of a coach.

How much do you think the trip cost with ticket cost, hotel cost and estocade for him and his delegation?

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Hiring Finidi and surrounding him with a strong backroom staff is the pragmatic thing to do at this stage. It is already a mess. It would be less of a mess if you keep a guy that has had two test games with the team and he has been a long term assistant. He knows the players. The key to any manager success is the coaches and the players. We are to fixated on the head coach position. Who is going to assist the head coach? Who is scouting the players and the other teams?

The rumor is the NFF boss was in Paris to interview and negotiate terms with a FC. The delay in the announcement of a foreign coach is the Sports Ministers and prominent companies like Air peace dont want to pay the bills. So the NFF have no choice but to go with an indigenous coach.
T

The National orientation agency released a tweet announcing Amuneke. So there are powerful political voices in Nigeria that don't want to pay forex to a failed journey man mercenary coach.

The

oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

Finidi can't manage Super Eagles, he is as combustible as Oliseh just that you guys don't know
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

And you know, right?
oluwaseye the 1st. wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:12 pm Finidi can't manage Super Eagles, he is as combustible as Oliseh just that you guys don't know
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

oluwaseye the 1st. wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:12 pm Finidi can't manage Super Eagles, he is as combustible as Oliseh just that you guys don't know
The Finidi I know is a humble guy. How do you know he is combustible like Oliseh?

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Dammy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:23 am

Not sure how you would come to such conclusion...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:46 pm

Damunk

So does anyone have a clue whether it’s necessary or not before raising false alarms?
Do we even know who paid for the ticket?
Are we waiting for a personal email or public statement or publication of NFF accounts online before we recognise that being ‘broke’ does not mean all business stops.

A trip to Paris probably costs as much as flying one or two SE players from the UK to Naija and back.

That’s not the kine ‘broke’ we are talking about.
If it is, let’s just shut down football in Nigeria all together.
Damunk,

You may want to read the post again, including what you highlighted. I am not sure you clearly understood the point. Read it and note it was response to the posts that preceded.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Oparanozie calls for improvement in Gusau’s handling of Simon Moses, Troost-Ekong, and Sanusi visits

Desire Oparanozie who has four Africa Women’s Championship Gold medal under her belt recently announced her retirement from professional football

Former Super Falcons forward Desire Oparanozie has criticized the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) for not extending the gesture of visiting injured Nigerian players to female athletes, as reported by Soccernet.ng.

NFF President Ibrahim Gusau showcased the organization’s concern for its players by personally visiting injured Nigerian Super Eagles players.

A photo shared by the Football Federation’s social media pages spotted Gusau posing with Super Eagles vice captain, William Troost-Ekong,Porto FC defender, Zaidu Sanusi, and FC Nantes forward, Simon Moses.

Oparanozie, who recently announced her retirement from professional football, expressed disappointment that injured female players like Tosin Demehin and Ashleigh Plumptre were not given similar attention.

“It will be more nice if this is extended to the women too. [Tosin] Demehin is currently injured and is in the same country with [Moses] Simon, [Ashleigh] Plumptre is injured too.” Oparanozie wrote on her social media page.
The 11-time Women’s Africa Cup of Nation’s champions recently secured their spots in the 2024 Olympic tournament after defeating the Banyana Banyana of South African team with a score of 1-nil aggregate.

With tough opponents like Brazil and Spain in their group, coach Randy Waldrum will need key players like Demehin and Plumptre in peak condition for the upcoming tournament.

https://soccernet.ng/2024/04/oparanozie ... isits.html