NFF to choose between two Nigerian coaches for Super Eagles job…

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
NFF to choose between two Nigerian coaches for Super Eagles job…

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

The Daily Post is quoting Colin Udoh. I can only hope the NFF is really that smart🤔❗️

https://dailypost.ng/2024/04/24/nff-to- ... agles-job/

Cheers.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NFF to choose between two Nigerian coaches for Super Eagles job

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

After 3 months they still don’t know which one of the 2 they want as coach? They should just toss a coin to determine who gets the job. Eguavoen, Salisu, Agu and Siasia should also be added to the coaching staff to complete the estacode brigade.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NFF to choose between two Nigerian coaches for Super Eagles job…

Post by vancity eagle »

In fact I would rather Eguavoen over either of Finidi or Amuneke.

That's how bad those 2 are.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

They’re trying so force a coach down the throat of the NFF!
I just hope that those behind this move and their supporters know that the NFF should not be held responsible if we fail to qualify for the World Cup!
I really miss Pinnick, no one, not even the Minister can try this rubbish with him!
I am happy
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Dammy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:05 pm They’re trying so force a coach down the throat of the NFF!
I just hope that those behind this move and their supporters know that the NFF should not be held responsible if we fail to qualify for the World Cup!
Kpom.

For once I cannot believe the NFF are the more logical group.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NFF to choose between two Nigerian coaches for Super Eagles job

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:47 pm After 3 months they still don’t know which one of the 2 they want as coach? They should just toss a coin to determine who gets the job. Eguavoen, Salisu, Agu and Siasia should also be added to the coaching staff to complete the estacode brigade.
You guys are truly funny! Now you are crying?

When I said the NFF should have rejected Peseiro's nonsense of dragging things and confirmed Peseiro's exit in January and name his successor the day after the AFCON final, you guys said my mouth was smelling.

I even advised you on Liverpool and told you to see how they handled Klopp's exit and how they will name a replacement before the season ends -- see its almost happening. And you guys said my mouth was smelling.

You wanted a white man to use you like a rotten red-haired Ashawo, take his time to drag you up and down and make his decision at his own leisure at the expense of your own country, simply because you have a fetish for white skin.

YOU DESERVE EVERYTHING THAT FALLS OUT OF THIS! ALL OF YOU! :veryangry: :veryangry: :curse:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: NFF to choose betaeen two Nigerian coaches for Super Eagles job…

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nigeria is in trouble. I am not going to sugar coat it to anyone. The pragmatic thing to do is hire Finidi George. Surround him with a good back room staff. The backroom staff is even more important than hiring the head coach. All hands on deck. They need to name the assistants along side the head coach, The coach need to reach out to players that he wants to use for the next two games. Talk about what he wants. They also need to scout their oponents and come up a plan. Also need a friendly closed door against any team before the game against South Africa. Must get the back room staff appointments right.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

OGN is now reporting that the Nff board has rejected Amunike for another unnamed Nigerian coach. The clown show continues.
OCCUPY NFF!!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Abeg I take God beg you, take owngoal and drop it in the trash. They are using us to make money. Owngoal is owned by the NFF. They keep peddling drama to increase the engagement in that website. Just wait for the official announcement. Na so so lie they sabi. They give you half truth. Half truth is a lie. Period.
OJI
Egg
Egg
Re: NFF to choose betaeen two Nigerian coaches for Super Eagles job…

Post by OJI »

ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:22 pm Nigeria is in trouble. I am not going to sugar coat it to anyone. The pragmatic thing to do is hire Finidi George. Surround him with a good back room staff. The backroom staff is even more important than hiring the head coach. All hands on deck. They need to name the assistants along side the head coach, The coach need to reach out to players that he wants to use for the next two games. Talk about what he wants. They also need to scout their oponents and come up a plan. Also need a friendly closed door against any team before the game against South Africa. Must get the back room staff appointments right.
""...The backroom staff is even more important than hiring the head coach..."

What was that? What if you have a World Class backroom staff, and the insecure coach can't handle constructive criticisms, insights or alternative perspectives?

There is one attribute most people have overlooked or discounted about Amuneke. His involvement in the 2018 WC FIFA technical study group. That in my humble opinion, subjected to him alternative perspectives amongst other things from accomplished football individuals. His intentional engagement in that endeavor must have enshrined in him the need, and respect for safe spaces for differing perspectives. Safe space for intellectual, and psychological discussion, and productive collaboration.

Every major notable Nigeria tournament mishap has always involved coaching staff disharmony, and acrimony because the tone, selection of the coaches, and backroom staff were built on faulty foundations, misaligned incentives, and conflicting visions. Westerhoff's 1994 WC off-field adventure is an example.
trae_z
Egg
Egg

Post by trae_z »

Summary of Super Eagles Coaching Drama, as culled from Nigerian Sports Journalists.

1) NFF waiting until May to announce new coach to avoid paying April salary

2) Coach will be an indigenous coach (because of funding issues), but sadly won't be Emmanuel Amuneke.

3) George Finidi and Daniel Amokachi likely to be amongst assistants
https://owngoalnigeria.com/2024/04/29/b ... -nigerian/

4) Thus Coach most likely to be Ndubuisi Egbo (Ex Super Eagles fringe Goalkeeper, currently coaching in Kosovo. I'm ruling out Michael Nsien (Ex U23 player, currently US U19 boys Head Coach) as he won't leave structured US Employment for dysfunctional Nigeria
https://punchng.com/amuneke-finidi-egbo ... agles-job/
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

trae_z wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:40 pm Summary of Super Eagles Coaching Drama, as culled from Nigerian Sports Journalists.

2) Coach will be an indigenous coach (because of funding issues), but sadly won't be Emmanuel Amuneke.

4) Thus Coach most likely to be Ndubuisi Egbo (Ex Super Eagles fringe Goalkeeper, currently coaching in Kosovo. I'm ruling out Michael Nsien (Ex U23 player, currently US U19 boys Head Coach) as he won't leave structured US Employment for dysfunctional Nigeria

I knew they would come up with a less than ideal {in their mind} candidate as a consensus candidate. Well… they f***ed up and actually picked the best candidate if they pick Egbo. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:02 pm

I knew they would come up with a less than ideal {in their mind} candidate as a consensus candidate. Well… they f***ed up and actually picked the best candidate if they pick Egbo. :laugh:
You see how God dey work? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I think I made similar comments a month ago, cant remember the thread- - I said I hope they make a mistake and pick the right person. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

trae_z wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:40 pm

We can only hope!
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:02 pm
Can't we just stumble unto success? Nollywood, Afrobeats emerged just like that.

Intentionality, and clarity of purpose seems alien.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Funny enough, they do NOT have to pay for April if they appoint someone in April. Nigerian leaders and their dimwit crooked journalist mouthpieces continue to believe that Nigerians are i41ots!

You can appoint someone in January, and have the contract effective in May. The person will then spend 3-4 months, preparing himself-- like most top coaches do before they start their jobs. They will be watching old games, connecting with their players through whatsapp and video calls, and planning their strategy.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:15 pm Funny enough, they do NOT have to pay for April if they appoint someone in April. Nigerian leaders and their dimwit crooked journalist mouthpieces continue to believe that Nigerians are i41ots!

You can appoint someone in January, and have the contract effective in May. The person will then spend 3-4 months, preparing himself-- like most top coaches do before they start their jobs. They will be watching old games, connecting with their players through whatsapp and video calls, and planning their strategy.
Nna, each time I read that nonsense, I wonder, no wonder Amoda is president with few people caring about the truth.

Like you pointed out, you can hire someone and have them resume much later and have to pay them much later.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

Cellular wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:37 pm
danfo driver wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:15 pm Funny enough, they do NOT have to pay for April if they appoint someone in April. Nigerian leaders and their dimwit crooked journalist mouthpieces continue to believe that Nigerians are i41ots!

Nna, each time I read that nonsense, I wonder, no wonder Amoda is president with few people caring about the truth.

Like you pointed out, you can hire someone and have them resume much later and have to pay them much later.
Would that be best practice for the Nigerian environment? I get hired in January with the understanding that I start in May. Volatile circumstances/events truncates that agreement in April. I did NOT entertain or take other opportunities expecting to start. I lost income for 3 months with additional, unforeseen lost income.
Is that really best practice for the Nigerian environment?

Why has all recent foreign coaches except Peserio demand 3 to 6 months advance payment before starting? What do they or their handlers understand, and know about the Nigerian environment that you need to grasp?
trae_z
Egg
Egg

Post by trae_z »

trae_z wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:40 pm Summary of Super Eagles Coaching Drama, as culled from Nigerian Sports Journalists.

https://thenff.com/nff-appoints-finidi- ... er-eagles/

Ok my bad, its Finidi.
If Amaju Pinnick supports. Trust Ibrahim Musa Gusau to follow
oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

Finidi has just been announced.
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

trae_z wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:31 pm

https://thenff.com/nff-appoints-finidi- ... er-eagles/

Ok my bad, its Finidi.
If Amaju Pinnick supports. Trust Ibrahim Musa Gusau to follow
So you just make us happy for 5 minutes. You are a wicked man! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The head coach should be consulted on who he wants as assistants.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx