Do you really care who the coach is

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Do you really care who the coach is

Post by 1naija »

..or whether he is foreign or local, if we are winning? I don't and can't imagine any of you caring either, unless you ain't got a job for real, for real.

And don't give me that nonsense about we need to develop local coaches, because none of you give a rat's azz about them.

If you do, state your reason(s).
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Do you really care who the coach is

Post by Bigpokey24 »

me i do not . Just get one competent individual(tactically sound) who can organize our backline, and finish our chances. We have a good core of players
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

1naija wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:59 pm ..or whether he is foreign or local, if we are winning? I don't and can't imagine any of you caring either, unless you ain't got a job for real, for real.

And don't give me that nonsense about we need to develop local coaches, because none of you give a rat's azz about them.

Win AFCON or I dear say WC…..the coach becomes a god.

No one cares who the coach is as long as he restore SE to its rightfulplace
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I don’t want another failed journey man mercenary coach,
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

1naija wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:59 pm ..or whether he is foreign or local, if we are winning? I don't and can't imagine any of you caring either, unless you ain't got a job for real, for real.

Suggesting indifference would be naive in my own opinion. We're well aware of how NFF and players view and treat coaches that are respected.

Respect isn't bestowed freely, it's earned through a display of competence, fairness, empathy, and genuine investment in team well-being, success and development.

Hence, the pertinent question arises, do any of the local coaches being interviewed exhibit even a modicum of these qualities to warrant support or a degree of autonomy from NFF, or to earn respect from the players?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Read the question again. The key words are "if we are winning"..
iworo wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:30 am

Suggesting indifference would be naive in my own opinion. We're well aware of how NFF and players view and treat coaches that are respected.

Respect isn't bestowed freely, it's earned through a display of competence, fairness, empathy, and genuine investment in team well-being, success and development.

Hence, the pertinent question arises, do any of the local coaches being interviewed exhibit even a modicum of these qualities to warrant support or a degree of autonomy from NFF, or to earn respect from the players?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

1naija wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:18 am Read the question again. The key words are "if we are winning"..
iworo wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:30 am

My bad, you’re right. I missed the “winning” part.
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

We just need someone to do 3 things:

1. Find 2-3 formations that work well for us in different match situations and given our current team

2. Invite the best 23 players that fit those systems and put the best fit 11 on the field at any given time

3. Stick with this consistently over a period of time so our team gets comfortable with it

End of story.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Me, I really don't care.
But apparently, there’s something seriously wrong with me for that.
Something about my self-esteem… :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Damunk wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:52 am Me, I really don't care.
The thing that’s seriously wrong with you and other WOWOs is that you don’t have a problem with journeymen coaches. As much as I believe it really won’t do us any good, most people won’t have an issue with, say, a Pep Guardiola but the likes of Guardiola are well beyond the reach of the NFF and journeymen coaches are absolutely detrimental to Nigerian football🤔❗️

Cheers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:48 am
The thing that’s seriously wrong with you and other WOWOs is that you don’t have a problem with journeymen coaches. As much as I believe it really won’t do us any good, most people won’t have an issue with, say, a Pep Guardiola but the likes of Guardiola are well beyond the reach of the NFF and journeymen coaches are absolutely detrimental to Nigerian football🤔❗️

Cheers.
:glare:
And the problem with WOWOORs like you is that you are incapable of hearing anything but your own voices in your own exclusive echo chamber.
“You don’t have a problem with journeyman coaches” is typical of you tone-deaf WOWOORs.

If you really know the meaning of ‘journeyman’ then you in particular would have a big problem with someone like Amuneke.
With all due respect to Amuneke as a player, as a coach he is not even a journeyman.
He hasn’t had a job in three years, and counting!

Shebi a journeyman by definition dey get work upandan, but just isn’t a Pep Guardiola (to use your extreme, unrealistic example).
You black panthers are confused. :rotf:
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:54 am

Cheers.
And the problem with WOWOORs like you is that you are incapable of hearing anything but your own voices in your own echo chamber.
“You don’t have a problem with journeyman coaches” is typical of you tone-deaf WOWOORs.

If you really know the meaning of ‘journeyman’ then you in particular would have a problem with Amuneke.
With all due respect tomAmuneke as a player, as a coach he is not even a journeyman.

Shebi a journeyman dey get work upandan, but just isn’t a Pep Guardiola (to use your extreme example).
What else is new, parrot Damunk? Your issue isn’t just with Amuneke. Only an oyibo will do for you. Well, you’re about to be gravely disappointed and I for one won’t mind seeing you cry in your soup🤐❗️

Cheers
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:07 am

Cheers.
And the problem with WOWOORs like you is that you are incapable of hearing anything but your own voices in your own echo chamber.

If you really know the meaning of ‘journeyman’ then you in particular would have a problem with Amuneke.
With all due respect tomAmuneke as a player, as a coach he is not even a journeyman.

Shebi a journeyman dey get work upandan, but just isn’t a Pep Guardiola (to use your extreme example).
What else is new, parrot Damunk? Your issue isn’t just with Amuneke. Only an oyibo will do for you. Well, you’re about to be gravely disappointed and I for one won’t mind seeing you cry in your soup🤐❗️

Cheers
Sorry mate, you’re not very bright.
It’s obvious from how you debate. Address issue, you no fit.
No substance. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:16 am

Cheers.

Cheers
See this mumu. How “bright” can you be if you have to steal lines from bigpokey❓🤔🤣❗️

Cheers.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Cheers.
So why would it bother you if the journeyman white coach is winning and playing good football?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:37 am

Cheers.

Cheers
See this mumu. How “bright” can you be if you have to steal lines from bigpokey❓🤔🤣❗️

Cheers.
Leave him out of it. Weytin he do you?

This won’t be the fist time I don dey show you up.
Because we show you small respect strictly out of courtesy doesn’t necessarily mean you actually deserve it.
Don’t fool yourself.

Nor be today you dey attract insult from all and sundry in this place. :rotf:
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Lolly wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:00 am

Cheers.
So why would it bother you if the journeyman white coach is winning and playing good football?
Name one journeyman who has had Nigeria playing good football🤔❗️

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:12 pm

Cheers.

Cheers

Cheers.

Because we show you small respect strictly out of courtesy doesn’t necessarily mean you actually deserve it.
Don’t fool yourself.

Insults are the mark of people bereft of ideas. You aren’t showing up anyone but yourself🤔❗️

Cheers
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cheers.
He didn’t read the question.
But watch him twist and turn as always. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:59 pm
Damunk wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:12 pm

Cheers.

Cheers

Cheers.

Don’t fool yourself.

Insults are the mark of people bereft of ideas. You aren’t showing up anyone but yourself🤔❗️

Cheers
I agree totally.
So why do you do it?
And more importantly, why do you attract so much of it?

As an elder on this forum it shouldn’t be happening to you so often. :idea:
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:57 pm

Cheers.
Name one journeyman who has had Nigeria playing good football🤔❗️

Cheers.
You left out "winning"? :sneaky:

Otto Gloria
Westerhoff
Bonfere
Rohr (2016-2018)

While at it, name one local coach that had the Super Eagles playing good football.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

I care about a coach that is dedicated to the team and understands African football. In the long term I want more local managers to coach the Super Eagles because it will inspire more coaches. But my main concern is that local and foreign managers are treated equally and with respect when coaching the Super Eagles.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

aruako1 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:07 pm

I care about a coach that is dedicated to the team and understands African football. In the long term I want more local managers to coach the Super Eagles because it will inspire more coaches. But my main concern is that local and foreign managers are treated equally and with respect when coaching the Super Eagles.
I believe you meant to say that local and foreign managers are NOT treated equally or with the same level of respect when coaching the Super Eagles. As mentioned earlier, respect isn't given freely; it must be earned through demonstrating competence, fairness, empathy, and genuine dedication to the team's well-being, success, and development.

The criterion for a European coach to have a good understanding of African football is no longer as relevant, as many African players now play in Europe, blending both African and European styles that most European coaches are familiar with.