Who’s on the NFF technical committee?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Who’s on the NFF technical committee?

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Who are the people that actually vote to recommend a coach to the board for approval?

I know Eguavoen is the Director but who are the other people on that committee? We blame the coach and Nff for everything but we need to look at the caliber of people who are tasked with making technical decisions for our teams ,their background and if they are actually competent enough to make the right decisions. Also, I know they write technical reports after every game or tournament, where can we find these reports? Pls share if you know. I think this is where the body is buried.
OCCUPY NFF!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Who’s on the NFF technical committee?

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:24 pm Who are the people that actually vote to recommend a coach to the board for approval?

I know Eguavoen is the Director but who are the other people on that committee? We blame the coach and Nff for everything but we need to look at the caliber of people who are tasked with making technical decisions for our teams ,their background and if they are actually competent enough to make the right decisions. Also, I know they write technical reports after every game or tournament, where can we find these reports? Pls share if you know. I think this is where the body is buried.
It’s quite insightful that you didn’t ask this question when you thought they were going to recommend an oyibo coach. Eat your heart out🤔❗️

Cheers.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:29 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:24 pm Who are the people that actually vote to recommend a coach to the board for approval?

It’s quite insightful that you didn’t ask this question when you thought they were going to recommend an oyibo coach. Eat your heart out🤔❗️

Cheers.

I’m asking because we need to know these things regardless of the coach they’re recommending . I’ve been here a long time, never asked when other local coaches were appointed but we seem to be in situation that could spell doom for our immediate future. You black panthers need to pick your fights, can’t fight everything.
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Ikpeba is on the committe but who are the rest of these guys?

The committee has as Vice Chairman, the NFF 1st Vice President, Felix Anyansi-Agwu, while Felix Akinloye, Aminu Kurfi, Zanna Mala, Victor Ikpeba, and Olayinka Olagbemiro are members.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/sports/f ... tml?tztc=1
OCCUPY NFF!!
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

The 8 ‘Wisemen’ to decide new Super Eagles coach

Today in Abuja, the NFF technical committee will sit to finalise on the much-awaited appointment of a new coach for the Super Eagles.

The sub-committee was inaugurated in August 2023.

The committee’s recommendations will be deliberated on by the NFF executive committee headed by president Ibrahim Gusau before the appointment is announced.

SCORENigeria lists the committee members –

Chairman: Sharif Inuwa ‘Ahlan’ – The Kano FA Chairman is also on the executive committee of the NFF. The businessman is widely regarded as the closest ally of NFF president Gusau.

Vice Chairman: Felix Anyansi-Agwu – He is the NFF 1st Vice President and previously headed this same committee. He led Enyimba to their most successful run including two CAF Champions League and nine NPFL championships.

Aminu Kurfi ‘Balele’ – Katsina FA chairman and Federal House of Representatives member: He was previously chairman of NPFL club Katsina United. The businessman and politician is an influential Nigeria football stakeholder.

Victor Ikpeba – CAF African Footballer of the Year in 1997, who enjoyed a decorated playing career that included historic 1996 Olympic Gold and featured at 1994 and 1998 World Cups. One of the longest serving members of this committee. He is now a pundit with SuperSport TV.

Felix Owolabi – Former international who played a big role when Nigeria won a first-ever AFCON on home soil in 1980.

Olayinka Olagbemiro – Abuja academy owner, whose track record has included managerial stints at the famous Stationery Stores as well as TikiTaka Nigeria.

Zanna Mala – Former El Kanemi Warriors chairman and a close ally of the NFF president.

Augustine Eguavoen – He is the committee secretary and the NFF technical director. Former Super Eagles captain, who has gone on to handle the national team several times.

https://scorenigeria.com.ng/the-8-wisem ... les-coach/
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

iworo wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:05 pm

Today in Abuja, the NFF technical committee will sit to finalise on the much-awaited appointment of a new coach for the Super Eagles.

The committee’s recommendations will be deliberated on by the NFF executive committee headed by president Ibrahim Gusau before the appointment is announced.

Chairman: Sharif Inuwa ‘Ahlan’ – The Kano FA Chairman is also on the executive committee of the NFF. The businessman is widely regarded as the closest ally of NFF president Gusau.

Vice Chairman: Felix Anyansi-Agwu – He is the NFF 1st Vice President and previously headed this same committee. He led Enyimba to their most successful run including two CAF Champions League and nine NPFL championships.

Aminu Kurfi ‘Balele’ – Katsina FA chairman and Federal House of Representatives member: He was previously chairman of NPFL club Katsina United. The businessman and politician is an influential Nigeria football stakeholder.

Victor Ikpeba – CAF African Footballer of the Year in 1997, who enjoyed a decorated playing career that included historic 1996 Olympic Gold and featured at 1994 and 1998 World Cups. One of the longest serving members of this committee. He is now a pundit with SuperSport TV.

Felix Owolabi – Former international who played a big role when Nigeria won a first-ever AFCON on home soil in 1980.

Olayinka Olagbemiro – Abuja academy owner, whose track record has included managerial stints at the famous Stationery Stores as well as TikiTaka Nigeria.

Zanna Mala – Former El Kanemi Warriors chairman and a close ally of the NFF president.

Augustine Eguavoen – He is the committee secretary and the NFF technical director. Former Super Eagles captain, who has gone on to handle the national team several times.

Thanks. What to make of this list? On the surface it looks like a genuine committe but it also stinks of state govt influence with the state owned club chairmen, I was expecting coaches and other technocrats of the game. Oh well.
OCCUPY NFF!!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Cheers.
He has asked a very important question- one that we should ask more often.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

aruako1 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:45 pm

Cheers.
Very important.
Félix Owolabi and Victor Ikpeba, both legends from successive generations are on the Committee.
So where exactly is it all going wrong?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...they all want a piece of the national cake aka bribe, egunje, cuts, you name it.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:37 am

Cheers.
Very important.
Félix Owolabi and Victor Ikpeba, both legends from successive generations are on the Committee.
There’s the crux of the matter. The only reason you think it is going wrong is the exact same reason the fake emir kongi asked his question; because the committee did not recommend your revered oyibo coaches. You know as well as I do that neither you nor kongi would have had any questions had the technical committee recommended an oyibo coach🤔❗️

Cheers.
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller, God Bless you.

The technical committee only gets emboldened when you have a local coach.
Where was the "technical committee" during Rohr, and pre AFCON Pesiero? Have they issued a report post AFCON?
Re reports, it would never be released as it would only reveal the ignorance, and incompetence of the technical committee.
Essentially, the report does not exist.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:37 am

Cheers.
Very important.
There’s the crux of the matter. The only reason you think it is going wrong is the exact same reason the fake emir kongi asked his question; because the committee did not recommend your revered oyibo coaches. You know as well as I do that neither you nor kongi would have had any questions had the technical committee recommended an oyibo coach🤔❗️

Cheers.
Well my own concern is about the drawn out recruitment process.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Nah true sha , why are people now asking who the tech folks are when nah LC dey in charge.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

aruako1 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:43 pm

Cheers.
Very important.

Cheers.
There really is no mistery there. There’s no doubt in my mind that the technical committee was leaning towards an oyibo coach before they got some pushback from the sports minister. Thereafter, they struggled to decide on which indigenous coach to select🤔❗️

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

iworo wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:05 pm

I don’t know if it’s just me but I see an inherent problem with this “technical” committee. In my mind, a technical committee ought to be composed mostly of technical experts in football, such as coaches and people who have played the game at a very high level but this committee seems to be overloaded with club stake holder types or football “big whigs” who don’t necessarily have the technical expertise to be on such a committee🤔❗️

Cheers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:23 pm Nah true sha , why are people now asking who the tech folks are when nah LC dey in charge.
That question has been asked before.
You people only love to focus on one culprit: the NFF.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:29 pm
aruako1 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:43 pm

Cheers.
Very important.

Cheers.
There really is no mistery there. There’s no doubt in my mind that the technical committee was leaning towards an oyibo coach before they got some pushback from the sports minister. Thereafter, they struggled to decide on which indigenous coach to select🤔❗️

Cheers.
There’s never any doubt in your mind.
Never!
Because you have this undying need to be right at all times, even when you are seriously misyarning. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Damunk wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:37 am Very important.

Cheers.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
If you had any sense - and note the word ‘if’ - you’d realise the question pertains more to the past than the present.
No?
Finidi has just started, so he is not responsible for how things are or have been.

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:27 am
Damunk wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:37 am Very important.

Cheers.
If you had any sense - and note the word ‘if’ - you’d realise the question pertains more to the past than the present.
No?
Finidi has just started, so he is not responsible for how things are or have been.

How come, in over 30 years of this forum’s existence, you and your cohorts have never indicated any interest in knowing the composition of the NFF technical committee until now… and what does Finidi George have to do with a query regarding the technical committee? Exactly nothing… but the query has everything to do with the choice of the technical committee which was not a foreign coach

Not surprisingly, a very weak response from you🤔❗️

Cheers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 1:13 pm
How come, in over 30 years of this forum’s existence, you and your cohorts have never indicated any interest in knowing the composition of the NFF technical committee until now… and what does Finidi George have to do with a query regarding the technical committee? Exactly nothing… but the query has everything to do with the choice of the technical committee which was not a foreign coach

Cheers.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
When I say you are not too bright, you go dey vex.
The way you link unconnected things raises a lot of questions about how your frontal lobe actually functions.
Nor be say I yab you.

Again, when I say you yarn absolute nonsense with such unequivocal certainty it just goes to show something is disconnected somewhere up there. And nor be today.
So….what makes you so absolutely certain “me and my cohorts” have never raised the issue of technical committee before? You don ever check? Abi you dey monitor my posts? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You just blurt out stuff and believe it to be true by some magical thought process.

Then you go on to ask yourself a very critical question:”What does Finidi George have to do with a query regarding the technical committee?”

Then you answer yourself:
Exactly nothing

THEN WHY THE HELL DID YOU LINK THE TC QUESTION TO FINIDI WITH YOUR VERY SILLY RESPONSE EARLIER?
Answer nah. No run.

Somebody asks about the TC and you jump in saying the only reason the Q was asked was because Finidi is now the coach and not Oyibo. Uhm….really? :oops:

Na you link Finidi, not me, so na you do yourself.
Now you dey ask me stupid kweshon, say weytin consign Finidi inside. :rotf:

There’s def something wrong and maybe I should be more understanding.
But you keep coming back…. :oops:
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 1:36 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 1:13 pm

Cheers.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
When I say you are not too bright, you go dey vex.
The way you link unconnected things raises a lot of questions about how your frontal lobe actually functions.
Nor be say I yab you.

Again, when I say you yarn absolute nonsense with such unequivocal certainty it just goes to show something is disconnected somewhere up there. And nor be today.
So….what makes you so absolutely certain “me and my cohorts” have never raised the issue of technical committee before? You don ever check? Abi you dey monitor my posts? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You just blurt out stuff and believe it to be true by some magical thought process.

Then you go on to ask yourself a very critical question:”What does Finidi George have to do with a query regarding the technical committee?”

Then you answer yourself:
Exactly nothing

THEN WHY THE HELL DID YOU LINK THE TC QUESTION TO FINIDI WITH YOUR VERY SILLY RESPONSE EARLIER?
Answer nah. No run.

Somebody asks about the TC and you jump in saying the only reason the Q was asked was because Finidi is now the coach and not Oyibo. Uhm….really? :oops:

Na you link Finidi, not me, so na you do yourself.
Now you dey ask me stupid kweshon, say weytin consign Finidi inside. :rotf:

There’s def something wrong and maybe I should be more understanding.
I now know you wake every morning and have a bowl of stupid for breakfast. That’s the only possible reason you would equate “the committee did not recommend your revered oyibo coaches” to “Finidi is now the coach and not Oyibo”, words that were yours and yours alone. Finidi had nothing to do with the query… and it was you who did the linking. You outsmarted yourself, dummy.

Now, show me where you or anyone of your cohorts ever discussed the composition of the technical committee in the past. It shouldn’t be too difficult for you to find and post the link🤔🤐❗️

Cheers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 2:53 pm
Damunk wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 1:36 pm There’s def something wrong and maybe I should be more understanding.
I now know you wake every morning and have a bowl of stupid for breakfast. That’s the only possible reason you would equate “the committee did not recommend your revered oyibo coaches” to “Finidi is now the coach and not Oyibo”, words that were yours and yours alone. Finidi had nothing to do with the query… and it was you who did the linking. You outsmarted yourself, dummy.

Now, show me where you or anyone of your cohorts ever discussed the composition of the technical committee in the past. It shouldn’t be too difficult for you to find and post the link🤔🤐❗️

Cheers.
This is so sad.
The disconnect is confirmed.
You talk about an “oyibo” coach not being appointed as being the ‘problem’ for some of us and the reason the Q about the TC was asked.
So who is the non-Oyibo coach appointed that you imply is upsetting everybody?
Chairman Chukwu?
Onigbinde?
Amodu?

Meanwhile someone that appreciated the question has already pointed out (a waste of his valuable time in my opinion) that his choice was Amuneke. But you no see that one. Amuneke na Oyibo too? :oops:

Gerrarahia my friend.
Actually, stay….and keep showing yourself up.