OFFICIAL & BREAKING: NFF Finally Announces Finidi as Eagles Manager......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: OFFICIAL & BREAKING: NFF Finally Announces Finidi as Eagles Manager......

Post by Lolly »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:02 pm
highbury wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:59 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:54 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:49 pm Congratulations. NFF, pay the man his money ooo. This is good , we finally have a coach...now Tella, Boniface or Lookman, will play in the Europa league final, so what are the arrangements?
Finidi was beefing with Lookman and Tella, so maybe he wouldn't call them anyways in favor of some junk from obscure leagues.

Sidown watch mode activated
Lest I forget, you were not even decent enough to congratulate him.
Why would I congratulate someone who was actively doing HARM to SE ?

If that was some sort of aberration and he changes his ways then I will congratulate him in retrospect.
Can you explain what you mean he has actively done harm to the SE?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:05 pm Yeah no world cup for Nigeria, I've made peace with that already

Congrats to South Africa and Benin republic in advance.
Bro it doesn't even bother me anymore. I've made my peace and I've left the sinking ship.

I will be supporting CIV, Senegal, Morocco in 2026.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Lolly wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:08 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:49 pm Congratulations. NFF, pay the man his money ooo. This is good , we finally have a coach...now Tella, Boniface or Lookman, will play in the Europa league final, so what are the arrangements?
Finidi was beefing with Lookman and Tella, so maybe he wouldn't call them anyways in favor of some junk from obscure leagues.

If that was some sort of aberration and he changes his ways then I will congratulate him in retrospect.
Let me spell it out one last time.

A friendly you would test up and comming talents to integrate them into your team.

Any coach that does not give Nathan Tella or Fisayo Bashiru a single minute of play over 2 matches, does not wish SE well. It means he has a complete disregard for team building, a complete lack of integrity, and alterior motives.

You DO NOT completely waste 2 friendly matches. National team assignments are few and far between. YOU DO NOT WASTE THEM WITH SUCH RUBBISH.

He had no clear plan. He was beefing with players, including our AFCON MVP in Lookman.

He wasn't playing his best team.

He also wasn't testing genuine prospects.

He neglected to do either of the above, so what he did was just useless and a complete waste of time.
Last edited by vancity eagle on Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:05 pm Yeah no world cup for Nigeria, I've made peace with that already

Congrats to South Africa and Benin republic in advance.
My logical reasoning feels the same but there’s always the possibility of miracles happening when we least expect them. Let’s stay hopeful and see how things unfold.

As a Nigerian, I’ll support every Nigerian soccer team regardless of my personal opinion about the coach’s competence. Best of luck coach Finidi!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:48 pm
1naija wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:21 pm Who are his assistants?

Congratulations to Coach Finidi.
Good question.

Congratulations all the same to Finidi George, the new Eagles Manager.

Looking forward to see what he does with a full complement of his players.

Sad question.

A professional manager would already have his assistants who move with him, in this case from Enyimba.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:17 pm

A friendly you would test up and comming talents to integrate them into your team.

Any coach that does not give Nathan Tella or Fisayo Bashiru a single minute of play over 2 matches, does not wish SE well. It means he has a complete disregard for team building, a complete lack of integrity, and alterior motives.

You DO NOT completely waste 2 friendly matches. National team assignments are few and far between. YOU DO NOT WASTE THEM WITH SUCH RUBBISH.

He had no clear plan. He was beefing with players, including our AFCON MVP in Lookman.

He neglected to do either of the above, so what he did was just useless and a complete waste of time.

The only thing relevant is what he does from here on...

The first lesson of international football is not to take international friendlies too seriously...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

txj wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:32 pm

The first lesson of international football is not to take international friendlies too seriously...
But he has told you how he will operate.

He will beef with players (key ones included)

He will ignore talented players based on sentiments

That is a disaster waiting to happen. We've seen this story before with Keshi and Oliseh and it never ended well.

We were all warned.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:35 pm

That is a disaster waiting to happen.

We were all warned.

No sir. He hasn't told us anything definitive yet...
When he actually STARTS the job, then we can get indications...
That's how it works.

Everything you've written above is meaningless conjecture...

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

And let it be on record that this current NFF might go down in history as the worst ever, bunch of foot-dragging retards who are utterly clueless and just absolutely unhinged...these idiots wasted all this time just to settle for Finidi? I'm even hearing Amokachi wants to force himself into the technical committee, like can't this 94 guys just get the message that they are now becoming irritating cancers to our football and fock off?

The biggest winners here are the crap players from Tanzania and Kuwait who will be called up soon, more pockets to be rewarded!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

txj wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:38 pm

We were all warned.

That's how it works.

Lol so the friendly he prosecuted will not give us any indication of how he works ?

That's literally the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

You interview a guy for a job and he is fighting with you in the interview. You then convince yourself it won't be like that when you hire him.

Again, dumbest thing I've ever heard.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Finidi George is the new SE head coach.

Post by ohenhen1 »

KOC just tweeted it. More to come.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:44 pm

We were all warned.

That's how it works.

Lol so the friendly he prosecuted will not give us any indication of how he works ?

You interview a guy for a job and he is fighting with you in the interview. You then convince yourself it won't be like that when you hire him.

The dumbest thing ever is to reach a conclusion on a manger, ANY MANAGER, on the basis of two friendlies while an interim.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Finidi George is the new SE head coach.

Post by ohenhen1 »

Wont be an easy task. But this is the right decision. He has worked with the team in 2 games. He knows the players. Now they must hire a good backroom staff.
The board of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has approved the recommendation of its Technical and Development Committee to appoint Finidi George as Head Coach of the Super Eagles.

https://www.channelstv.com/2024/04/29/b ... ead-coach/

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Finidi will be judged on the games vs SA and Benin
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

txj wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:54 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:44 pm

We were all warned.

That's how it works.

The dumbest thing ever is to reach a conclusion on a manger, ANY MANAGER, on the basis of two friendlies while an interim.
It's conclusion enough to not hire him.

You interview someone for a job, introduce them to the staff and they are already beefing with co workers.

Will you then go on to hire that person ?
Last edited by vancity eagle on Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:00 pm Finidi will be judged on the games vs SA and Benin

Period!
Nothing else matters...

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Well at least he has no excuse about "getting to know the team"

He has been on the bench with Peseiro, so there are no excuses AT ALL.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The reality is Nigeria is in trouble. It takes time to build a team. Nigeria should have hired a new long term coach a year ago. Give the coach time to build his team before WC qualification. It doesn't matte wr who they hire at this point . It was going to be a difficult task. The NFF made the best choice in hiring Finidi.
1. Finidi lives in Nigeria, he knows the local league
2. Long term assistant with the national team. He knows the players.
3. He has actually coached two games as head coach in March. He knows what to fix and work. Unlike a new coach that will have to start from scratch.
4. Has been coached by world class coaches like Luis Van Gal.
5. Has won Olympic Gold, Afcon, UEFA champions league as a player.
6. Has won the NPFL as a coach with Enyimba

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

txj wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:02 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:00 pm Finidi will be judged on the games vs SA and Benin

Period!
Nothing else matters...
Finidi should do his best. I won't blame him for the mess created by the NFF and Peseiro.

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

This is so shameful. What a travesty. I know Finidi must have bribed those corrupt, shameless idiotts in the NFF…

Signed;
Vancity Eagle,
Txj,
The fake Emir Kongi,
Damunk,
Tobi17,
Lolly

🤣🤣🤣 I know a lot of folks are frothing with anger in their mouths🤣🤣🤣

Congrats to Finidi. Our fate is finally in our own hands…🤔🙂❗️

Cheers.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:12 pm This is so shameful. What a travesty. I know Finidi must have bribed those corrupt, shameless idiotts in the NFF…

Signed;
Vancity Eagle,
Txj,
The fake Emir Kongi,
Damunk,
Tobi17,
Lolly

🤣🤣🤣

Congrats to Finidi. Our fate is finally in our own hands…🤔🙂❗️

Cheers.
Dont forget he is combustible like Oliseh
A player agent
Eguavon friend
Won't make enough substitutes
Lacks technical capacity
and etc.

The WOWO pronlem is a serious problem.

OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:17 pm Let me spell it out one last time.

Valid sentiments.

There are other factors one must consider.

Finidi's reaction to being being named the coach for the friendlies last minute, and thus no input into selecting players he truly would have loved to utilize in a friendly. He has seen most of the current players from his 20 mths with Peserio except 1 or 2.

The NFF's magical ability to replace Finidi after the next two matches should unsatisfactory results occur. Unsatisfactory as nothing less than outright victories in the next 2 matches given his tenure with the team. That familiarity of players, their strengths and weaknesses edged things in his favor.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

All that drama and waste of time only to hire finidi. It is well. I am not confident he will perform but we shall see. Politricks is going to kill Nigerian football.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.