Finidi had no assistant coaches vs Ghana/Mali

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Finidi had no assistant coaches vs Ghana/Mali

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The Nff is a very wicked and selfish organization for sending Finidi alone to handle 2 friendly games without any assistant coaches, goalie coach , trainer , video assistant or any help on the bench whatsoever.

Why are the black panthers and Garvey-ites who don’t want Oyibo coach not mad about this?

This is a scandal that needs further investigation otherwise they’ll do it again. Quite frankly, I’ve never ever seen a CAF or FIFA friendly where the coach had no assistant coaches. Never.

It’s not fair and it’s not right. Imho, it’s oppressive and inhumane.We should petition Caf and nff to have the 2 games removed from Finidi’s coaching record.

Who denied Finidi assistant coaches for the friendly game?
When will he be introduced in a press conference as the coach?
Did he sign a contract?
Why are they proposing assistant coaches for Finidi?

I’m very very suspicious of this transaction. Finidi is a Nigerian legend! He’s one of the reasons why CE exists. Regardless of how we might feel about his appointment as coach, he must not be mistreated by the Nff for the sake of our football.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Finidi had no assistant coaches vs Ghana/Mali

Post by vancity eagle »

Do you need an assistant to make simple substitutions ?

The real scandal is that dude ignored our promising players and even beefed with them WHILE AUDITIONING FOR A JOB.

So what would he do when the job is his ?

You should be very scared.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

They also leaked reports that the players don't respect a local coach.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

MANAGING PLAYERS

Allegations have been made regarding Finidi (BTW, should we start referring to him as George (or something else) since we're on a last name basis here? I will.). I will withhold judgment until this becomes validated. Neither do we know what the alleged tiff was about, assuming it's true.

That said, the alleged players and George know each other very well so this may be something that has prior roots. It's possible they legitimately felt mistreated by George; it's also possible that they are head cases who think they can disrespect the coach because he's Nigerian and they are from overseas. What they ignore is that whatever they have accomplished George accomplished a whole lot more at a much higher level in his days. It's possible the coach saw this and decided to stem it before it took root, whatever the cost in misguided PR. This is not Amodu who was forever homebound.

If my memory is correct, a similar thing happened years ago in Cameroon when players rebelled against the coach. The coach put his foot down and the players came begging after a while.

That's good and confident coaching and that's what George should do to take charge and stamp out indiscipline and disrespect. It would be a nice start to his regime.
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

I DON'T THINK COACHES SHOULD BE IMPOSED

Give the coach a free hand - he knows best who he can work with and the kind of assistance he needs. If necessary, let the NFF have a right to veto his choice. One thing I know for sure is that the imposed assistants would not be said to "understudy" George, a statement that's routinely included when it's a foreign coach. Meaning that a foreign coach always has knowledge to pass on whereas a Nigerian coach doesn't. By the little things they do, they reveal their unfortunate mindset.
Bell
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Bell wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 4:58 am MANAGING PLAYERS

Allegations have been made regarding Finidi (BTW, should we start referring to him as George (or something else) since we're on a last name basis here? I will.). I will withhold judgment until this becomes validated. Neither do we know what the alleged tiff was about, assuming it's true.

That said, the alleged players and George know each other very well so this may be something that has prior roots. It's possible they legitimately felt mistreated by George; it's also possible that they are head cases who think they can disrespect the coach because he's Nigerian and they are from overseas. What they ignore is that whatever they have accomplished George accomplished a whole lot more at a much higher level in his days. It's possible the coach saw this and decided to stem it before it took root, whatever the cost in misguided PR. This is not Amodu who was forever homebound.

If my memory is correct, a similar thing happened years ago in Cameroon when players rebelled against the coach. The coach put his foot down and the players came begging after a while.

That's good and confident coaching and that's what George should do to take charge and stamp out indiscipline and disrespect. It would be a nice start to his regime.
Bell
I see how you conveniently avoided the issue at hand and not addressed why he was sent to handle 2 Wendy games without requisite help on the bench. You black panthers amaze me. Are u ok with that?
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The NFF imposed coaches on Rohr and Peseiro. They are going to impose coaches on Finidi. Which is okay as long they consult Finidi and hire people that can help the team win games.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:05 am

Bell

I see how you conveniently avoided the issue at hand and not addressed why he was sent to handle 2 Wendy games without requisite help on the bench. You black panthers amaze me. Are u ok with that?

I'M NOT SURE WHAT ISSUE I'M ALLEGEDLY AVOIDING

If you're saying I didn't address the issue of the NFF imposing assistants, I have above. I'm not sure why you think it would be difficult to take a position on such a softball issue.
Bell
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 3:38 am Do you need an assistant to make simple substitutions ?

The real scandal is that dude ignored our promising players and even beefed with them WHILE AUDITIONING FOR A JOB.

Which ‘them’ did he beef with?

From an unreliable news source we hear Lookman was upset with him for not being played in the second game. Felt disrespected, apparently.
That’s not evidence that Finidi himself was ‘beefing’ anybody.
Calm down.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Damunk wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 7:56 am
vancity eagle wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 3:38 am Do you need an assistant to make simple substitutions ?

From an unreliable news source we hear Lookman was upset with him for not being played in the second game. Felt disrespected, apparently.
Calm down.
Also reports from Sadiq and Tella.

That's 3 players. 2 who didn't play and 1 who had limited time despite being one of our key players.

Tellas agent even claimed he was ignored.

These reports are from multiple sources too.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:00 am
Damunk wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 7:56 am

Calm down.
Also reports from Sadiq and Tella.

That's 3 players. 2 who didn't play and 1 who had limited time despite being one of our key players.

Tellas agent even claimed he was ignored.

These reports are from multiple sources too.
Okay.
It still doesn’t amount to him beefing anybody.
I even agree it was a misstep, but I wouldn’t go further than that.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Finidi didn't have any assistants, for the 2 games, yet he was expected to perform miracles and as well as manage all players at the same time.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Bell
No need for bravado especially if you know you would be crucified if results don’t go your way as Finidi found out last month. One important attribute of a good football manager is how you manage big egos. I wish him well.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Lolly wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:30 am

Bell

No need for bravado especially if you know you would be crucified if results don’t go your way as Finidi found out last month. One important attribute of a good football manager is how you manage big egos. I wish him well.

AGREED, YOU NEED TO BE ABLE TO MANAGE PERSONALITIES

That includes the ones who are excellent team members, and the ones who are prima donnas. As I've stressed I don't want to go too far in any direction because there are no reliable reports of what, if anything, took place. But a coach needs to make it cleaar that he's in charge, even if it means taking initial hits. In this case, George cannot allow them to see him as just a local coach they can disrespect. If Peseiro asked them to jump, they'd ask how high but if George asks them to do the same they ask why. If it needs repeating, George did play at a level and had accomplishments there ALL these players can only dream of. He has also coached in Europe to boot. These players never forget that in approaching him.
Bell
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

If you have coached at even Sunday Sunday level, you will realize having assistants is VERY IMPORTANT!

In the words a famed Naija philosopher, as a coach, "Your head go full"!

You need someone to bounce ideas off of, you need someone to help keep time, you need someone to remind you of who's on a yellow, to tell you how many substitution windows you have left..........to show you something you may not have seen!!

Let's not even get into the training sessions, preparing videos to show the team etc. YOU NEED HELP!

If Finidi really had no help for both camps, I can definitely see how he "forgot" to put certain players on and left others on the field for too long.

His head was FULL.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

And which dreamers among us herein were clamoring for Maurinho, Guardiola,
and some other fancy coaches for the SE? Some of us are quite deluded and unrealistic.
Imagine and $80,000/month coach handling a match with no assistants due a rotten NFF?
We are a bunch of delusional dreamers.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges