FINIDI GEORGE, SUPER EAGLES COACH: FOOTBALL IS HARD AND TAKES IT'S TOLL

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
FINIDI GEORGE, SUPER EAGLES COACH: FOOTBALL IS HARD AND TAKES IT'S TOLL

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FINIDI GEORGE, SUPER EAGLES COACH: FOOTBALL IS HARD AND TAKES IT'S TOLL

Post by aruako1 »

Good to get a feel of the guy. I like the fact that he took the step to move to Enyimba when he felt he wasn't making progress at Mallorca. And also his decision to make time for his children.

He moved back in 2021. For the "corruption case squad", where are his antecedents for being corrupt apart from him being Nigerian?
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

aruako1 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:57 pm Good to get a feel of the guy. I like the fact that he took the step to move to Enyimba when he felt he wasn't making progress at Mallorca. And also his decision to make time for his children.

He moved back in 2021. For the "corruption case squad", where are his antecedents for being corrupt apart from him being Nigerian?
I don't know how people who never did anything for the country find it so easy to insult NATIONAL ICONS that sacrificed all for the country. Imagine getting invited to the National camp and being left stranded on the street of Lagos!

Everything about him oozes CLASS. Even his first 11 shows a man who is fair in his assessment of his colleagues.

We have people who have never being to a football camp rubbishing someone who has seen it all!

Yes his debut against Burkina Faso will forever remain etched in my memory. 4 assists plus a goal :thumbs: What a way to announce your arrival at the National Scene. What a glorious career.

Wishing and your family all the best. God bless you for your service to the country Nigeria. One of the most committed and dedicated players.

Would have loved him to speak on how he took the death of his brother.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

wanaj0 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:19 pm
aruako1 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:57 pm Good to get a feel of the guy. I like the fact that he took the step to move to Enyimba when he felt he wasn't making progress at Mallorca. And also his decision to make time for his children.

I don't know how people who never did anything for the country find it so easy to insult NATIONAL ICONS that sacrificed all for the country. Imagine getting invited to the National camp and being left stranded on the street of Lagos!

Everything about him oozes CLASS. Even his first 11 shows a man who is fair in his assessment of his colleagues.

We have people who have never being to a football camp rubbishing someone who has seen it all!

Yes his debut against Burkina Faso will forever remain etched in my memory. 4 assists plus a goal :thumbs: What a way to announce your arrival at the National Scene. What a glorious career.

Wishing and your family all the best. God bless you for your service to the country Nigeria. One of the most committed and dedicated players.

I criticised him after the friendlies. But just on his tactics and even then my criticism might have been harsh - I'm just a fan. But what I will never do is to disrespect him with these crass allegations of corruption. I was in Seville in January and even Sevilla fans were glowing about Finidi who played for their city rivals. Same story in Amsterdam. Then people will call him corrupt because they didn't like some players he selected.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

aruako1 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:08 pm

I criticised him after the friendlies. But just on his tactics and even then my criticism might have been harsh - I'm just a fan. But what I will never do is to disrespect him with these crass allegations of corruption. I was in Seville in January and even Sevilla fans were glowing about Finidi who played for their city rivals. Same story in Amsterdam. Then people will call him corrupt because they didn't like some players he selected.
Criticism I understand.

Respectfully disagreeing with his decisions I understand.

However, insulting a National Icon who gave his all for the nation is a No No.

When you try to court players and those players see how you treat ICONS then the decision is made easier for them.

He served Nigeria as a player. Forfeited going to the WC based on principle.

Returned back to Nigeria to contribute his quota. Willing to work his way up. Yet you have some ITK come here and insult and make unfounded allegations just to tarnish his image. Shame on such people!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Is that Ikwerreman doing the interview? Sounds like him.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

I was his biggest fan before the friendlies. I found his starting lineup against Ghana curious with him starting Dessrs and leaving Lookman on the bench amongst so many other things. But I gave him the benefit of the doubt. When he repeated the same rubbish against Mali and even refused to adequately use subs when we were down, then I became convinced he had impugned his own integrity. I had no problem with his formation or the fact that we lost the match. His very questionable personnel decisions indicated he was not focused on starting and using our best players, for reasons best known to him. He has been given another chance. I hope he redeems himself..
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Guilty conscience don dey hold some folks
SuperEagles

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:35 pm
Are we certain that Finidi attended school sha :lol: ? What's up with "class 4"? If memory serves, it was referred to as "form 4", "form 5" not "class 4" or "class 5". Perhaps that's the terminology in the South-South region :D . In my view, his demeanor lacks confidence and firmness. It's reminiscent of Coach Rohr's interviews. I sincerely hope he proves me wrong.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Shouldn’t you be directing your question at Van City instead of some imaginary “squad”?
Who make up this much-touted ‘squad’?

There might be one other, maybe even two, but that hardly constitutes a ‘squad’, considering the number of members that regularly engage in discussion here.
And for the life of me, I struggle to recall anyone else directly or indirectly accuse Finidi specifically of corruption.
Please help me out.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

So you don't know for sure whether what he said is correct, yet you are laughing and asking if it went to school? Both are used interchangebly, so either is correct.

iworo wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:42 pm
Are we certain that Finidi attended school sha :lol: ? What's up with "class 4"? If memory serves, it was referred to as "form 4", "form 5" not "class 4" or "class 5". Perhaps that's the terminology in the South-South region :D . In my view, his demeanor lacks confidence and firmness. It's reminiscent of Coach Rohr's interviews. I sincerely hope he proves me wrong.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

wanaj0 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:31 pm

Criticism I understand.

When you try to court players and those players see how you treat ICONS then the decision is made easier for them.

Returned back to Nigeria to contribute his quota. Willing to work his way up. Yet you have some ITK come here and insult and make unfounded allegations just to tarnish his image. Shame on such people!
Anybody who wishes to turn our beloved SE into an agency business will get the full assault of insults rained down upon them, I dont care WHO they are.

If Finidi turns away from the nonsense he pulled last window, I will support him 110%

If he continues to work against SE, he deserves every insult he will get.

Please tell me what reason we had TWO friendlies and he saw fit to not give single second to either Tella or Bashiru, and he played junks like Iheanacho whom Finidi has observed for 2 years and knows how ineffective he is, (or at least should know)

Please tell me.

So don't cry when we call your guy CORRUPT.

And don't come up with nonsense about WOWO or "hating local coaches"

You all ignore the serious red flags he raised and waived around with iron fist.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Finidi’s temperament is similar to that of late coach Amodu, he doesn’t get too up or down, he’s even tempered but deceptively extremely focused and ambitious. A lot of other coaches would’ve been happy earning fx in Spain and stuck it out with Mallorca youth teams hoping some day God will bless them, not Finidi. Instead, he took the risk , faced uncertainty and moved back to Nigeria and ended up winning the league 2 yrs later. He became SE asst coach after winning the league and today he’s coach of SE. That’s not the trajectory of a fool who doesn’t know class 4 from form 4, even though the person who made the claim left out the part where Finidi mentioned WAEC exams in a yr.

Personally, I will support him, I have to. Finidi was in the engine room of the team that brought Nigeria to football reckoning. He was actually one of the best wingers of his generation at his prime. A cerebral player whose best attribute was his presence on the pitch, his runs, crosses and defending but all were 2nd to his intelligence. The Nff simply has to support him with resources to allow him do his work. To bring in his own people that’ll make him a better coach not those waiting for their turn. However, I will continue to crtice the Nff and Finidi himself when they screw up. We want to win the WC. That’s what it’s all about.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:44 am Finidi’s temperament is similar to that of late coach Amodu, he doesn’t get too up or down, he’s even tempered but deceptively extremely focused and ambitious. A lot of other coaches would’ve been happy earning fx in Spain and stuck it out with Mallorca youth teams hoping some day God will bless them, not Finidi. Instead, he took the risk , faced uncertainty and moved back to Nigeria and ended up winning the league 2 yrs later. He became SE asst coach after winning the league and today he’s coach of SE. That’s not the trajectory of a fool who doesn’t know class 4 from form 4, even though the person who made the claim left out the part where Finidi mentioned WAEC exams in a yr.

Personally, I will support him, I have to. Finidi was in the engine room of the team that brought Nigeria to football reckoning. He was actually one of the best wingers of his generation at his prime. A cerebral player whose best attribute was his presence on the pitch, his runs, crosses and defending but all were 2nd to his intelligence. The Nff simply has to support him with resources to allow him do his work. To bring in his own people that’ll make him a better coach not those waiting for their turn. However, I will continue to crtice the Nff and Finidi himself when they screw up. We want to win the WC. That’s what it’s all about.
Emir,

What is the difference between Class four and Form four? Please explain.

Maybe it is just me, I did Class 1,2,3,4, and five in Nigeria. That is precisely what it was known as and the use of Form this and that became in vogue as well. So, I am not sure there is a difference. If there is, please share.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Enugu II wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:22 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:44 am Finidi’s temperament is similar to that of late coach Amodu, he doesn’t get too up or down, he’s even tempered but deceptively extremely focused and ambitious. A lot of other coaches would’ve been happy earning fx in Spain and stuck it out with Mallorca youth teams hoping some day God will bless them, not Finidi. Instead, he took the risk , faced uncertainty and moved back to Nigeria and ended up winning the league 2 yrs later. He became SE asst coach after winning the league and today he’s coach of SE. That’s not the trajectory of a fool who doesn’t know class 4 from form 4, even though the person who made the claim left out the part where Finidi mentioned WAEC exams in a yr.

Emir,

Maybe it is just me, I did Class 1,2,3,4, and five in Nigeria. That is precisely what it was known as and the use of Form this and that became in vogue as well. So, I am not sure there is a difference. If there is, please share.

But some are tongue in cheek insinuating it might be primary 4 .
OCCUPY NFF!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Emir,

EII,

I think some people are mixing up elementary and secondary school. I seem to recall that ‘form’ was an elementary school term used in some parts of the country as an alternative to ‘standard’. I never encountered a situation where a secondary school class was called anything else besides class🤔❗️

Cheers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 6:45 am

Emir,

EII,

I think some people are mixing up elementary and secondary school. I seem to recall that ‘form’ was an elementary school term used in some parts of the country as an alternative to ‘standard’. I never encountered a situation where a secondary school class was called anything else besides class🤔❗️

Cheers.
Maybe in some parts of the country.
All I ever knew was Primary school was referred to as “Primary 1, Primary 2” etc.
Secondary school was always referred to as “Form 1, Form 2 “ etc up to “Form 5”.
Then the two A level years were “Lower and Upper 6”.

Anything “Standard” was an ancient term. I know my parents and grandparents referred to their pPrimary school years as such, graduating in “Standard 6”, or what they’d call “Stan’ 6”.

This was all Lagos and probably the south western states and may have been different elsewhere, leading up to the JSS/SSS system.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Is this thread not about football? All.of a sudden nah standard , form, primary jss and SSS the thing don turn to. Let's call Jakande to judge. Yall need to focus
SuperEagles

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 1:52 am
wanaj0 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:31 pm

Criticism I understand.

Anybody who wishes to turn our beloved SE into an agency business will get the full assault of insults rained down upon them, I dont care WHO they are.

If Finidi turns away from the nonsense he pulled last window, I will support him 110%

If he continues to work against SE, he deserves every insult he will get.

Please tell me what reason we had TWO friendlies and he saw fit to not give single second to either Tella or Bashiru, and he played junks like Iheanacho whom Finidi has observed for 2 years and knows how ineffective he is, (or at least should know)

Please tell me.

So don't cry when we call your guy CORRUPT.

And don't come up with nonsense about WOWO or "hating local coaches"

You all ignore the serious red flags he raised and waived around with iron fist.
Yours is beyond WOWO. Anyone that wish death on another human being and is unhappy at the success of a colleague is nothing but despicable human being.

Human being are not robots. We will have diverse opinions and we do not always have to agree. You however have shown lack of respect for anyone with a different opinion. I doubt you have ever being on a training ground. Outside the internet I doubt you will be allowed close to a National ICON.

Calling MY GUY corrupt with no single evidence says more about the kind of person that you are than about Finidi.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

iworo wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:42 pm
You need to prove yourself wrong :taunt:
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Schillachi wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:20 pm

I was his biggest fan before the friendlies. I found his starting lineup against Ghana curious with him starting Dessrs and leaving Lookman on the bench amongst so many other things. But I gave him the benefit of the doubt. When he repeated the same rubbish against Mali and even refused to adequately use subs when we were down, then I became convinced he had impugned his own integrity. I had no problem with his formation or the fact that we lost the match. His very questionable personnel decisions indicated he was not focused on starting and using our best players, for reasons best known to him. He has been given another chance. I hope he redeems himself..
BEST is a relative and subjective term. You have not seen the players as closely as Finidi to be able to make such judgement. I doubt you have even spoken to any of the players to know their mental health. Yet you think you are better placed to evaluate and determine the players to field. You do not even know Finidi's objective or intent from the friendly. The only evidence of corruption you have is that he fielded players that YOU would not have fielded!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 1:17 am

Shouldn’t you be directing your question at Van City instead of some imaginary “squad”?
Who make up this much-touted ‘squad’?

There might be one other, maybe even two, but that hardly constitutes a ‘squad’, considering the number of members that regularly engage in discussion here.
And for the life of me, I struggle to recall anyone else directly or indirectly accuse Finidi specifically of corruption.
Please help me out.
It is not just Van City and you know it. Van City was not here when the ugly allegations were made because he invited Taminu. Another poster on this thread has implied the same. We should remove our heads from the sand.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

That is the spirit. I was unhappy about the friendlies but I am desperate for him to do well.