Rumor of Ibrahim Olawoyin is afoot......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Rumor of Ibrahim Olawoyin is afoot......

Post by Enugu II »

One of the names being bandied around for a call up with the coming of Finidi George is Ibrahim OLAWOYIN who has been stellar for Rizespor. Olawoyin is a name familiar to many since his days in Nigeria with Enugu Rangers and his form in Turkeyu. Yet, her had been long ignored by Nigerian managers in spite of the dearyh of attacking mifdfielders for the Nigerian national team. If Own goal's story is true (Lots of IFs when one considers the reputation of the site) then it will be a step in the right direction.

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Rumor of Ibrahim Olawoyin is afoot......

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

They have started, Finidi is not even in charge yet. At this stage, I dont expect any new players to be invited unless the guy is a special talent. The time for experimentation is over. World cup qualifiers are not meant to test new players.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

They have started, Finidi is not even in charge yet. At this stage, I dont expect any new players to be invited unless the guy is a special talent. The time for experimentation is over. World cup qualifiers are not meant to test new players.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

ohenhen1 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:37 pm They have started, Finidi is not even in charge yet. At this stage, I dont expect any new players to be invited unless the guy is a special talent. The time for experimentation is over. World cup qualifiers are not meant to test new players.
Well said.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

You know he is. Need I say more? :boo:
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

His numbers in Turkey are not better than Fisayo Bashiru who Finidi ignored.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:23 pm His numbers in Turkey are not better than Fisayo Bashiru who Finidi ignored.
I like FDB but Olawoyin has better stats
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

bret- hart wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:40 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:23 pm His numbers in Turkey are not better than Fisayo Bashiru who Finidi ignored.
I like FDB but Olawoyin has better stats
You are right.

I think Bashiru had better stats at the beginning of the season but he has been overtaken.

Both played the same amount of minutes

Both have 3 assists

Olawoyin has 8 goals to Bashirus 6

They are both equal and near the top of the charts in terms of dribbles as well.

Bashiru is 3 years younger.

BOTH should be looked at.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Enugu II wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:41 pm One of the names being bandied around for a call up with the coming of Finidi George is Ibrahim OLAWOYIN who has been stellar for Rizespor. Olawoyin is a name familiar to many since his days in Nigeria with Enugu Rangers and his form in Turkeyu. Yet, her had been long ignored by Nigerian managers in spite of the dearyh of attacking mifdfielders for the Nigerian national team. If Own goal's story is true (Lots of IFs when one considers the reputation of the site) then it will be a step in the right direction.

Would be a deserved call-up if true, he has performed well season despite having to play as a CM for the majority of the season. Yet another player from that squad who faced Mexico a couple years ago that won't look out of place in the SE.
Sunset wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:50 pm https://punchng.com/eguavoen-drops-five ... -friendly/
Squad list

Goalkeepers: Ikechukwu Ezenwa (Heartland FC); John Noble (Enyimba FC); Stanley Nwabali (Lobi Stars)

Defenders: Olisa Ndah (Akwa United); Adekunle Adeleke (Abia Warriors); Tope Olusesi (Rangers International); Imoh Obot (Enyimba FC); Tebo Degaulle (Nasarawa United);Lawal Murtala (Kwara United); Enyinnaya Kazie (Rivers United)

Midfielders: Anthony Shimaga (Rangers International); Seth Mayi (Akwa United); Uche Onwuasonaya (Plateau United); Samuel Nnoshiri (Katsina United)

Forwards: Anayo Iwuala (Enyimba FC); Stephen Jude (Kwara United); Ibrahim Olawoyin (Rangers International); Charles Ashimene (Akwa United); Auwalu Malam (Kano Pillars); Nenrot Emmanuel (Plateau United); Abdulmutalif Sanusi (Katsina United); Sunday Adetunji (Rivers United); Mohammed Zulkifilu (Plateau United)
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Our midfield should ideally shape up like this:

Iwobi
Onyeka
Onyedika
Ndidi
Ibrahim Olawoyin
Fisayo Dele-Bashiru
And maybe Aribo (who is far down the pecking order right now).