Understanding Why MKO Stadium is not used.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Understanding Why MKO Stadium is not used.....

Post by Enugu II »

I was at the MKO Abiola Stadium earlier this week and getting shows why players may not love it. It is easy to understand why the turf is not the best. It looks all green quite alright but it is extremely closely mowed that you wonder about the necessity for that. Also, I could not easily tell which one was the substitutes' bench with the benches in three spots include one behind the goal. The practice facilities are just terrible. No way teams can practice on those fields comfortably.

I understand that the Akpabio Stadium in Uyo, is much better, though. I hope that is accurate because there should not be any excuses coming from the team.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Obong
Egg
Egg
Re: Understanding Why MKO Stadium is not used.....

Post by Obong »

The Godswill Akpabio stadium, Uyo, is one of the best in Africa. Modeled after the Eintracht Frankfurt stadium and Soccer City, Johannesburg, it is regularly maintained by Julius Berger for the Akwa Ibom State Government. It has an excellent pitch and is located in a serene location just outside the main Uyo city. Uyo also has the Ibom Icon Hotel and Resort which has hosted the Super Eagles with its World class facilities like a complete gym and Olympic sized swimming pool. Just 30 minutes from Uyo is the relatively newer Four Points by Sheraton in Ikot Ekpene which also offers excellent International hotel facilities, a modern gym and Olympic sized swimming pool.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Are you serious? The only thing good about the Uyo stadium is that it is small and it is maintained. Unless I got my bearings wrong, the stadium is more than 30 minutes from Eket, so how can it me 30 minutes from Ikot Ikpene which is literally across the river from Kono in Ogoni, which is an hour from Uyo? I like Uyo, but if Rivers state gets its act together and maintain the stadiuns in Port Harcourt, EVERY SE GAME, will hold in Port Harcourt. EVEN Akpabio used to stay at Le Meridien in Port Harcourt when he comes back home. Dont ask me how i know this. We should thank wicked Wike for destroying Port Harcourt to where it's not the SEs first choice like it was under Odili and Amaechi.
Obong wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:55 am The Godswill Akpabio stadium, Uyo, is one of the best in Africa. Modeled after the Eintracht Frankfurt stadium and Soccer City, Johannesburg, it is regularly maintained by Julius Berger for the Akwa Ibom State Government. It has an excellent pitch and is located in a serene location just outside the main Uyo city. Uyo also has the Ibom Icon Hotel and Resort which has hosted the Super Eagles with its World class facilities like a complete gym and Olympic sized swimming pool. Just 30 minutes from Uyo is the relatively newer Four Points by Sheraton in Ikot Ekpene which also offers excellent International hotel facilities, a modern gym and Olympic sized swimming pool.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Uyo 4 Port Harcourt 0.
No contest.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

1naija wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:24 am Are you serious? The only thing good about the Uyo stadium is that it is small and it is maintained. Unless I got my bearings wrong, the stadium is more than 30 minutes from Eket, so how can it me 30 minutes from Ikot Ikpene which is literally across the river from Kono in Ogoni, which is an hour from Uyo? I like Uyo, but if Rivers state gets its act together and maintain the stadiuns in Port Harcourt, EVERY SE GAME, will hold in Port Harcourt. EVEN Akpabio used to stay at Le Meridien in Port Harcourt when he comes back home. Dont ask me how i know this. We should thank wicked Wike for destroying Port Harcourt to where it's not the SEs first choice like it was under Odili and Amaechi.
Obong wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:55 am The Godswill Akpabio stadium, Uyo, is one of the best in Africa. Modeled after the Eintracht Frankfurt stadium and Soccer City, Johannesburg, it is regularly maintained by Julius Berger for the Akwa Ibom State Government. It has an excellent pitch and is located in a serene location just outside the main Uyo city. Uyo also has the Ibom Icon Hotel and Resort which has hosted the Super Eagles with its World class facilities like a complete gym and Olympic sized swimming pool. Just 30 minutes from Uyo is the relatively newer Four Points by Sheraton in Ikot Ekpene which also offers excellent International hotel facilities, a modern gym and Olympic sized swimming pool.
This must be a joke. Let's just say you are practicing how to be funny. Port harcourt stadium over Uyo????
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Read my post again and again so you will understand it.
naijaguy wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 2:49 pm
1naija wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:24 am Are you serious? The only thing good about the Uyo stadium is that it is small and it is maintained. Unless I got my bearings wrong, the stadium is more than 30 minutes from Eket, so how can it me 30 minutes from Ikot Ikpene which is literally across the river from Kono in Ogoni, which is an hour from Uyo? I like Uyo, but if Rivers state gets its act together and maintain the stadiuns in Port Harcourt, EVERY SE GAME, will hold in Port Harcourt. EVEN Akpabio used to stay at Le Meridien in Port Harcourt when he comes back home. Dont ask me how i know this. We should thank wicked Wike for destroying Port Harcourt to where it's not the SEs first choice like it was under Odili and Amaechi.
This must be a joke. Let's just say you are practicing how to be funny. Port harcourt stadium over Uyo????
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.