Aribo vs Leeds (EPL promotion playoff) Joe wins!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Aribo vs Leeds (EPL promotion playoff) Joe wins!

Post by Bigpokey24 »

A. McCarthy
Number
K. Walker-Peters
Number
J. Stephens (c), Captain
Number
F. Downes
Number
T. Harwood-Bellis
Number
J. Bednarek
Number
W. Smallbone
Number
J. Aribo
Number
A. Armstrong
Number
D. Brooks
Number
R. Fraser
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Aribo vs Leeds ( EPL promotion playoff

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Aribo is on his way back to the Epl. I don't know why he's so hated on CE even though he rarely gets a chance to play.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:20 pm Aribo is on his way back to the Epl. I don't know why he's so hated on CE even though he rarely gets a chance to play.
Hate? Seems like guilt baiting to me. No hard feelings but Aribo has been rather average in national colors, let him focus on getting back to better form.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:20 pm Aribo is on his way back to the Epl. I don't know why he's so hated on CE even though he rarely gets a chance to play.
Emir

I doubt that he is hated. The problem is when people get glued on a player. Hope you are not one of them? What I recall is that Aribo became a fan favorite with SE after he scored in his debut and that was the case for long. Duly, fans left him when his production fell. There is nothing wrong with that. The number 1 priority is SE and not this or that player.
Last edited by Enugu II on Sun May 26, 2024 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

SMDH
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:36 pm
Emir

I doubt that he is hated. The problem is when people get glued on a player. Hope you are not one of them? What I recall is that Aribo became a fan favorite with SE after he scored in his debut and that was the case for long. Duly, fans left him when his production fell. There is nothing wrong with that. The number 1 priority is SE and not this or that player.
EII, I am sure you would have been aware of danfo driver’s vicious and personal attacks on Aribo, before, during and after AFCON, where he referred to him as “ a division 2 benchwarmer”. Even when it was pointed out to him that Aribo was not a benchwarmer, he refused to budge!
It was almost at the level of bushman and Osimhen.
I’m glad that Aribo has shut up his critic in the best way.
Welcome to the EPL, Aribo and Southampton
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Aribo back in Epl. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
He started the season on the bench. He was called rubbish, washed up, inconsistent and useless. He earned a starting spot in the 2nd half of the season after Afcon and played a pivotal role in bringing his team back to the Epl as a starting CM. Congrats to Joe Aribo. Unfortunate, his SE place has been taken by another MF fighting relegation in Turkey. Good luck to Aribo and Tom Bashiru
OCCUPY NFF!!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Emir

Some folks here did take shots at him. Some dude here with a billion posts called him old and took shots at his receding hairline. If I resurrect the thread the’ll start explaining themselves :rotf:

As much as I’m rooting for Aribo, I think Leeds have a better chance of signing better players and surviving next year. Southampton will always be in a relegation battle.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Joe Aribo back in EPL

Post by anointed »

Ended Southampton 1-0 Leeds Utd

Off course, there's always more to this annual fixture. The English call it "the richest game in football" because EPL's billions mean Soton are likely to be some 200m dollars richer. Crazy English organizers even have medals and trophy for it. It's just the 3rd placed team in the Championship.

And the after-match drama. The contrasting joy and tears. At times, it just feel like a team shouldn't even qualify for this playoff final.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Joe Aribo back in EPL

Post by anointed »

Mods,

Didn't realize there was a match thread already.

Pls, help merge with it: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=317280
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Joe Aribo back in EPL

All our relegated players from last yr have gained promotion back to the Epl.

Where is Danielle the Danfo driver to congratulate these 2nd div players? I suspect she’s probably at oshodi hustling for passengers. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

packerland wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:49 pm
Emir

Some folks here did take shots at him. Some dude here with a billion posts called him old and took shots at his receding hairline. If I resurrect the thread the’ll start explaining themselves :rotf:

As much as I’m rooting for Aribo, I think Leeds have a better chance of signing better players and surviving next year. Southampton will always be in a relegation battle.
The relegation train consisted of many teams that are always either fighting for promotion or relegation. Both Southhampton and Leeds are in that group along with Burnley, Bournemouth, Sheffield amongst others. Thats the 4th tier of the Epl. Relegation and promotion battles can be lucrative business.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Congratulations to Joe Aribo on gaining promotion.

He had a very good game today.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Well done joe. That Afcon really boosted loads of our players
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Hopefully Onuachu will return after his loan
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Aribo vs Leeds (EPL promotion playoff) Joe wins!

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:31 pm Image

How the heck do you get a medal and a trophy for finishing 3rd?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Well, it's technically not 3rd place match but a mini-championship. 3rd placed team for the league part was already known at the end of the league but the rules don't grant automatic promotion for that for reasons best known to them.

Bottomline, this is a separate championship involving 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th placed teams. Then you win promotion ticket and have your trophy and promotion medals.

txj wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 1:20 am

*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

YemiBrazil wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 11:12 am Well, it's technically not 3rd place match but a mini-championship. 3rd placed team for the league part was already known at the end of the league but the rules don't grant automatic promotion for that for reasons best known to them.

Bottomline, this is a separate championship involving 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th placed teams. Then you win promotion ticket and have your trophy and promotion medals.

Then you win a promotion ticket....
As the 3rd qualifier from the boodocks league, technicality or not...
You then get a trophy and a medal.

I wonder what you get for finishing 2nd...
A certificate? :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

txj wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 2:09 pm
YemiBrazil wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 11:12 am Well, it's technically not 3rd place match but a mini-championship. 3rd placed team for the league part was already known at the end of the league but the rules don't grant automatic promotion for that for reasons best known to them.

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:31 pm

Then you win a promotion ticket....
As the 3rd qualifier from the boodocks league, technicality or not...
You then get a trophy and a medal.

I wonder what you get for finishing 2nd...
A certificate? :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:
:lol: :lol: For the regular season, you win you get your trophy and medal. For the separate mini-tournament, you win you get your trophy and medal. For Arsenal's Emirates cup, you win you get your trophy and medal. Shikena! :mrgreen:

You win Europa, you win qualification for the next Champions League. What happens to the team that came 2nd in the Champions League? Rules are rules, not necessarily perfect in terms of logic :mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *