Awaziem Error: SE vs Mali friendly.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Awaziem Error: SE vs Mali friendly.

Post by 1naija »

Uncle Cellulite, the end result does not always tell the full story.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Awaziem Error: SE vs Mali friendly.

Post by ANC »

1naija wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:24 pm Uncle Cellulite, the end result does not always tell the full story.

:rotf:
Kai, one of the few times that I have been wrong on a player.
I really thought he was the one for the future.
He had the skill set. Oh well, SE moves on.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

ANC wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:34 pm
1naija wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:24 pm Uncle Cellulite, the end result does not always tell the full story.

Awazien actually has a good season for Boavista. He’s a very good defender and very versatile.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:36 pm

Awazien actually has a good season for Boavista. He’s a very good defender and very versatile.
You praise, Nwakali, your praise Awaziem, you praise Okoye...is there a pattern to this?
Why are you into all these marginal players?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

What's the full story?
Did you see how he was giving away the ball like it was on sale?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

ANC wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:40 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:36 pm

You praise, Nwakali, your praise Awaziem, you praise Okoye...is there a pattern to this?
Why are you into all these marginal players?

He didn't praise Lookman though :taunt: :rotf:

Just saying ...
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

No, I didn't see that clip. Feel free to share it.

At least you can see that the error was because he slipped and not some unprofessional mistake like you thought. The goal was actually caused by our reckless play from the back. We escaped the first reckless play and paid for the second one. Nwabali must read the game better to know when to pass from the back and when to play the ball out. He put the defense under pressure.
Cellular wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 3:07 pm

What's the full story?
Did you see how he was giving away the ball like it was on sale?
Last edited by 1naija on Mon May 27, 2024 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

The uproar following Mali’s victory and the calls for Finidi to be permanently sidelined were much ado about nothing. It was an inconsequential friendly in which a more favorable bounce of the ball might have resulted in a different scoreline. I am really looking forward to the South Africa game🤔❗️

Cheers.
Gadfly
Egg
Egg

Post by Gadfly »

let me digress.

The error lies solely with Awaziem. Despite having ample time and room, he failed to make a swift pass to Nwabali, who was the closest and most available player. Instead, he tried to pass the ball across the goal to the opposite side, resulting in the slip, even with the slight push.
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

One thing this clip shows is, this has to be Dressers last game for the SE.

Awaziem had a bad day, still not enough to write him off, he has had good games for us in the past.
Peter Obi For President 2023
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Gadfly wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 6:29 pm let me digress.

The error lies solely with Awaziem. Despite having ample time and room, he failed to make a swift pass to Nwabali, who was the closest and most available player. Instead, he tried to pass the ball across the goal to the opposite side, resulting in the slip, even with the slight push.
You dey mind Hunku 1Naira?

It was just not that singular error.
Watch the match and see him giving away balls carelessly.

My point is, had it been any other player who played that poorly, folks would be wondering what he is doing on the list.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Awaziem peaked a few years ago and it’s been downhill since. And he seems to play better for the SE at RB than CB.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Lolly wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 7:22 pm Awaziem peaked a few years ago and it’s been downhill since. And he seems to play better for the SE at RB than CB.
He shouldn't be part of the SE.
I rather have Balogun who you know has skillsets that we need.
You won't catch him ball watching. He will put his body on the line. He will man mark. He is tough. He can head. He is good/great organizer. He has even improved on his passing.

You can't say the same about Awaziem.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Would encourage everyone to chill. I’m not a particularly big fan of Awaziem here but….

In my opinion, there are 2 kinds of errors in football. The first based on a lack of concentration or seriousness and the second based on a lack of ability/intelligence.

Both can be forgiven, but the first one is far easier to forgive. I think Awaziem here is guilty of the first and we shouldn’t be writing his super eagles obits because he made an errant pass in a random friendly
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Cellular wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 8:54 pm
Lolly wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 7:22 pm Awaziem peaked a few years ago and it’s been downhill since. And he seems to play better for the SE at RB than CB.
You won't catch him ball watching. He will put his body on the line. He will man mark. He is tough. He can head. He is good/great organizer. He has even improved on his passing.

Damn :D you really dont like him. I was really confused about the negative reviews on Awaziem until I watched his last game for SE. I thought Awaziem would grow into an excellent defender :lol: ...oh well.
Bring back Balogun, the defence needs stability and with the right formation, lack of pace won't be a major issue.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The error was caused by Nwabali's decision to pass the ball from the back, especially seing the pressure Mali put on the defence on the first attempt that caused us to give up possession also. Once you put your defenders under such pressure, you can expect errors to occur. It doesn't matter who he decides to pass the ball to at that point. The result would have been similar even if he had passed it to the goalkeeper instead like Gadfly suggested. It's not the pass that made him slip, it's the pressure from the Mali player.
deanotito wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 12:44 am Would encourage everyone to chill. I’m not a particularly big fan of Awaziem here but….

In my opinion, there are 2 kinds of errors in football. The first based on a lack of concentration or seriousness and the second based on a lack of ability/intelligence.

Both can be forgiven, but the first one is far easier to forgive. I think Awaziem here is guilty of the first and we shouldn’t be writing his super eagles obits because he made an errant pass in a random friendly
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

1naija wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 1:35 am The error was caused by Nwabali's decision to pass the ball from the back, especially seing the pressure Mali put on the defence on the first attempt that caused us to give up possession also. Once you put your defenders under such pressure, you can expect errors to occur. It doesn't matter who he decides to pass the ball to at that point. The result would have been similar even if he had passed it to the goalkeeper instead like Gadfly suggested. It's not the pass that made him slip, it's the pressure from the Mali player.
deanotito wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 12:44 am Would encourage everyone to chill. I’m not a particularly big fan of Awaziem here but….

Lol, I’m sorry, but you doth take it too far blaming Nwabali for that.
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

Why are these players ignored?

Torunarigha
Osho
Ogbu
Ndah
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I am not blaming Nwabali perse, I am saying the decision to pass the ball from the back given the pressure that Mali was putting on the defence and given the proximity of the Mali players was responsible for the error. He had 2 options .. kick the ball away or play it from the back like he did. Given that the first pass from the back resulted in us giving up possession that almost led to a goal, which option do you think he should have taken instead?
deanotito wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 1:41 am
1naija wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 1:35 am The error was caused by Nwabali's decision to pass the ball from the back, especially seing the pressure Mali put on the defence on the first attempt that caused us to give up possession also. Once you put your defenders under such pressure, you can expect errors to occur. It doesn't matter who he decides to pass the ball to at that point. The result would have been similar even if he had passed it to the goalkeeper instead like Gadfly suggested. It's not the pass that made him slip, it's the pressure from the Mali player.

Last edited by 1naija on Fri May 31, 2024 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Cellular wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 8:54 pm

He has definitely lost form or hasn’t developed as expected. I have seen him closeup at live games and his positioning is very poor. And he always seems unsure what to do with the ball.

Balogun probably has one more year in him as a backup defender. We need to try some of the new boys.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

1naija wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 2:24 pm I am not blaming Nwabali perse, I am saying the decision to pass the ball from the back given the pressure that Mali was putting on the defence and given the proximity of the Mali players was responsible for the error. He had 2 options .. kick the ball away or play it from the back like he did. Given that the first pass from the back resulted to us given us possession that almost led to a goal, which option do you think he should have taken instead?
deanotito wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 1:41 am

I think the decision to pass to him was a reasonable choice. Can’t judge that decision by the outcome. Awaziem had tons of opp to make a better decision